• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Green Party files for Wisconsin recount, audit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amikami

Banned
So my question is, what happens if just one state come back with different results. What does that entail? just out of curiosity.

what a complete waste and a scam. If this was such a concern, the Democrats would've filed for a recount.

It's been pointed out that there's already a lot of things the Democrats SHOULD have done by now, following the election results, but they seem content to roll over and die for the most part right now.

kevin1025

Banned
So my question is, what happens if just one state come back with different results. What does that entail? just out of curiosity.

I don't know what it would mean legally or nationally, but in my mind it would put into question the election as a whole, or at minimum those that had the digital ballot boxes.

But chances are it's nothing.

If something is turned up (which is unlikely) , and it did plunge you into democratic instability , how is it better to not know that ? Would you rather your Democracy by "uncompromised" (by which what is meant is that no one knows it was compromised) than compromised.

Either she keeps the extra cash or she wants to see if she can hit 5% nationally and get that sweet matching money. Or both.

The 2nd bit is more of a conspiracy theory than hacking. The Greens got ~1.00% Nationally , and the 3 states selected are not what you'd choose if you were trying to maximise potentially missing Green votes.

Ms.Galaxy

If the results show more votes for Clinton then Clinton wins the state and the electoral votes of said state.

Across the country, many will start questioning the result of the election and our democracy in general, likely causing political apathy and calls for changes to our democratic system.

TheContact

I voted hillary bu the denial is real. Definitely Russia encouraged trump bc he would lift economic sanctions on Russia and Hillary wouldn't, but I doubt they hacked election results. If there was evidence, the US and Russia would go to war, and even Russia knows they would lose.

Sadly, trump is our pres for the next 4 years. This $5 million raised for a recount would be better invested in the environment.

Ms.Galaxy

I voted trump but the denial is not real. Definitely Russia encouraged trump bc he would lift economic sanctions on Russia and Hillary wouldn't, but I doubt they hacked election results. If there was evidence, the US and Russia would go to war, and even Russia knows they would lose.

We will not go to hot war with Russia because of nuclear deterrence, although many in the U.S. would call for it. Privately, we will likely go into a cold war with them involving cyber warfare and anti-russian propaganda instead of proxy wars like the 1st Cold War.

RedHill

Banned
It's hard to believe the amount of good that could be done in the world if the $5 million specifically donated for this had been used for literally any charitable endeavor.
Then go start a gofundme for a charitable endeavor instead of trying to belittle those that spent their money as they wanted.

RedHill

Banned
We will not go to hot war with Russia because of nuclear deterrence, although many in the U.S. would call for it. Privately, we will likely go into a cold war with them involving cyber warfare and anti-russian propaganda instead of proxy wars like the 1st Cold War.
Why did you change their quote?

squall211

Lol, with the GOP taking Congress and Senate, does anyone even want Hillary to be president? I'd much rather the GOP be the sole reason for blame and for the democrats to continue being pounded by the L so they can get their shit together. Also, what's in it for the green party? I don't understand the sudden doubts

It's never sat well with me when one party controls everything. Doesn't matter if it's the Republicans or Democrats.

stein doing a nice job of giving her lawyer friends a christmas bonus... and of course if this doesn't reach court, she'll have a few million to fund her as of yet defined 'election integrity efforts'
Then go start a gofundme for a charitable endeavor instead of trying to belittle those that spent their money as they wanted.
lol you can donate to charities right now. why it has become unreasonable to criticize this foolhardy, empty gesture is beyond me. if this were in any other context it would be, quite reasonably, met with near-universal derision.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Why would you edit his quote? You are beyond delusional

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
OK - so in the unlikely event this gives Clinton a win in WI - what then? What if they find something seriously fucked up? Do the republicans block it? I almost want there to be something just for the chaos to unfold.

OK - so in the unlikely event this gives Clinton a win in WI - what then? What if they find something seriously fucked up? Do the republicans block it? I almost want there to be something just for the chaos to unfold.
They aren't going to find anything because they are just doing a recount. Meaning re-doing what they already did.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Not saying it's the case here, but for the sake of fairness do know this: if you edit your post within a certain range of time, the "Edited on" time stamp will NOT show, it's what gaffers often call "Stealth edit".

I know that, but the sentiment of the post is literally the exact opposite... Not sure how that could've been a mistake buuuuut

I'm not lying, that's how it was originally. If it was a misspoken earlier and edited, okay, but I didn't change the quote. Ask the poster to clarify because I didn't change anything.

I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. This election has more people jumping to conclusions than I've ever seen. If you're not fully on board you're almost automatically called a Trump supporter.

Edit- Tesusa what were you trying to prove with your original post.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Bullshit it was.
It's definitely possible
UToVPBK.jpg

I know that, but the sentiment of the post is literally the exact opposite... Not sure how that could've been a mistake buuuuut

I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. This election has more people jumping to conclusions than I've ever seen. If you're not fully on board you're almost automatically called a Trump supporter.
what's your end game here? 🤔

Ms.Galaxy

I understand, everyone is a bit nervous and agitated over this election. But I can assure you that I never jump into conclusions and call people Trump supporters because the have a belief that's not fully on board. I have no idea if they'd vote or not, or if they are American or not. So I rarely, if ever, do such a thing.

That's good I think politics is so hot button that people get angry/worked up and things go haywire... That being said I did the same thing assuming you were lying so I apologize for that. What a bizarre "mistake" to post.

No worries man, it's all good.

HotHamBoy

If it's just $5 then I see no point in criticizing some people that want a second opinion. Or would you rather they spend that $5 to a company that uses it's earnings to profit and make peoples lives miserable all over the world or a charity that mostly will pocket it anyway?

At least this is a specific cause

I'm not dissing the people donating towards this.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I understand, everyone is a bit nervous and agitated over this election. But I can assure you that I never jumped into conclusion on calling people Trump supporters because the have a belief that's not fully on board. I have no idea if they'd vote or not, or if they are American or not. So I rarely, if ever, do such a thing.

That's good I think politics is so hot button that people get angry/worked up and things go haywire... That being said I did the same thing assuming you were lying so I apologize for that. What a bizarre "mistake" to post.

manakel

It's hard to believe the amount of good that could be done in the world if the $5 million specifically donated for this had been used for literally any charitable endeavor.
This can be said about anything people choose to spend their money on. "Wow - you bought that $60 video game? You could have donated that to charity." "You bought Starbucks? You could've easily put that money in the Salvation Army container."

People aren't being "scammed" because they know full well what they are donating their money to. It's very unlikely that the recount will change anything, and I would hope people donating know that. However, they're free to spend their money however they choose.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm the opposite of a tinfoil-hat person, but e-voting needs way better security and auditing. Literally the fucking vending machine at Motel 6 does a better job.

E-voting needs to go away.

KingBroly

Banned
Someone told me they were going to do some verification though

That's a separate process to make sure their machines aren't broken/giving out a lot of errors.

Wisconsin still has to accept that they'll do a recount. They don't have to.

In Pennsylvania, Trump is up over 70,000 votes. That's an insane amount of votes to overcome. If the result changed there, something would be seriously suspicious.

Same with Michigan, because they did 2 counts already. I still don't see how she makes it remotely possible she was "aggrieved' in Michigan though to the point where a recount is called for. If that was allowed, I'd expect an appeal from the Republicans for that being a violation of Michigan state law.

Downhome

As a Trump supporter, I'm glad these morons are doing this. Maybe it will quiet some of these folks once the results come in and proves, once again, that Trump won the state and election.

I'd rather the money be put to use for something that actually matters, but if they wish to waste it then so be it.

mAcOdIn

It's been pointed out that there's already a lot of things the Democrats SHOULD have done by now, following the election results, but they seem content to roll over and die for the most part right now.
Come on now, if the Democrats challenged this there'd be a huge backlash. One they laughed at elections being vulnerable to fraud and second, they'd look like super sore losers. It's one of those things that you can't win. To me the Democratic base is fickle and more likely to be swayed to note vote than a Republican and for those not joined at the hip to either party it'd be a turn off. Not to mention how conservatives would take it.

Really, the only way I see forward for the Democratic Party would have been an unbinding investigation if such a thing were possible. If they could say they accept the original results but want to ensure future elections that'd be one thing, but potentially turning over the election, yeah that won't go well.

Ms.Galaxy

As a Trump supporter, I'm glad these morons are doing this. Maybe it will quiet some of these folks once the results come in and proves, once again, that Trump won the state and election.

I'd rather the money be put to use for something that actually matters, but if they wish to waste it then so be it.

The remaining cash seems to be going into training people in the green party for local level positions, which to be honest, I'm alright with that. I get tired of having the green party come out only during presidential elections and then sleep for 4 years. Now maybe they can get start to grow by focusing on local positions. (Not counting on it though, but I wish them luck.)

Update: Hillary loses popular vote.

Second Update: Obama picked by congress for a third term. Reason given was because they were tired of this never ending clusterfuck of an election and would rather continue obstructing Obama then having to deal with an inexperienced unpredictable manchild or Shillary "Murderer of Benjamin Ghazi" Clinton@yahoo.com.

KingBroly

Banned
it was a team of secret scientists. this team of "top men" (Top..................men) have proof of russian infiltration with assistance of the ZPE battery Podesta was referring to in his emails.

I'm really tired of the 'Bloody Russia' narrative, honestly. It never seems to go anywhere.

Come on now, if the Democrats challenged this there'd be a huge backlash. One they laughed at elections being vulnerable to fraud and second, they'd look like super sore losers. It's one of those things that you can't win. To me the Democratic base is fickle and more likely to be swayed to note vote than a Republican and for those not joined at the hip to either party it'd be a turn off. Not to mention how conservatives would take it.

Really, the only way I see forward for the Democratic Party would have been an unbinding investigation if such a thing were possible. If they could say they accept the original results but want to ensure future elections that'd be one thing, but potentially turning over the election, yeah that won't go well.

If the results change, it's not going to go over well.

This is how I feel about a lot of videogame kickstarters, lol

At least this money is for something actually important, civic engagement. It shows people care about the fate of the country.

But yeah, it's not going to change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom