• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca-Cola redesigns Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Coke Life cans/bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
That red is already messing with me. I'm so used to the all-black and all-silver cans as a diet soda drinker.

The bottle label design looks much better.

The red dot in general is annoying me, they should have just kept it color coded.
Perhaps a red banner instead of a dot.

So normal is normal, Diet is aspartame, Life is stevia, and Zero is aspartame FOR DUDES? I've been out of the soda game for so long...

NYR

So normal is normal, Diet is aspartame, Life is stevia, and Zero is aspartame FOR DUDES? I've been out of the soda game for so long...

Coke Zero - no calories, no sugar

Diet Coke - aspartame instead of sugar

Life - stevia instead of aspartame

Zero exists because a) Diet became associated with women and b) it really is closer to regular Coke, but Coke has a bad history associated with changing formulas.

rrs

Coke Life is a mixture of stevia and sugar, so the product seems to be made for an odd niche (aka sneak in organic food stores)

Fun piece of useless trivia: Diet Coke's taste actually based on the "New Coke" recipe from the 1980s.

Coke Zero is the "true" diet version of Coca-Cola Classic.

Mixing the colours is horrible. They spent so much advertising the current ones in the UK, I can't see them changing.

1427728207071.jpg
I like these a lot better

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Not a fan of the design. And seems like going by this thread that I'm the only one that actually likes Life.
Also, are they rebranding Diet to Light in the US? Wonder if they'll change the sweetener to match the name.

Lucky you, you get all the cool flavors while us in Argentina get this Life, Light, Zero diet shit. I wish we got Vanilla here.
You can get the Vanilla one here in UY (not locally made, imported), and it tastes absolutely awful. Way, way too sweet.

squallmx

Coke Life tastes alright for the first few seconds but is quickly followed by a vile aftertaste that takes a bit to go away. They should have cancelled the line long ago.

This! The aftertaste is awful specially if not properly cooled. Too bad since I can stand the taste of Zero and Light.

Pepsi Max is the only low sugar cola decent enough.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You can get the Vanilla one here in UY (not locally made, imported), and it tastes absolutely awful. Way, way too sweet.
Didn't know you had it over there, wish I had known that when I used to go on vacation with my family to Punta del Este many years ago.

I tried it in New York last year and liked it a lot. It was sweet but not excessively so, unlike Cherry Coke which didn't fit with McDonald's food at all. Lime Coke wasn't bad either, although I prefer Pepsi Twist. Didn't get to try Cherry Vanilla

Man, that soda machine in McDonald's and Five Guys was awesome. If they brought that here (with all the flavors, of course) I could die happily.

spwolf

how long until they revert.. 1 month, 3 months, 12 months?

Normal one looks great. Rest of them look strange and make no sense.

This whole thing looks like middle management designers just trying to change for change sake so they can justify their jobs existing.

Not exactly the same. They're meant to be the same but the formula is different by country like all cokes. So it is certainly possible to prefer coke light over US diet coke

Ah perhaps, i'm in the UK and whenever I've tasted coke light it's been exactly the same as UK diet coke

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Cans look ugly, bottles look alright. But it's not like I'm the target audience for this...

Cherry Coke staying with a classic

1994-2537CH325CherryCoke.jpg

I haven't seen that in years and years. I think I actually might miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom