• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

practice02 said:
25 kills is hard as fuck to get also kill streak rewards never count to another killstreak reward.
what? they are hard to get but of course killstreak rewards count towards another killstreak reward.

the only one that doesn't is Care Packages, because they're random.

Took a dog's age getting setup on the site. I had a previous account, but everytime I signed up it told me to make a new one. So I made a new one on the same screen as the one followed after logging in, and then it only let me log into my old one after setting up a new one! Damn! Bungie.net this is not, but at least I go this. Sorry if it's of one of you guys :lol.

acyc09.jpg

iam220

bee said:
any magic fix out there for framerate issues on the PC yet? never bought MW2 but a friend has it and plays it fine in 3D vision with 60fps, i have black ops and the performance is shocking, it performs about half aswell as metro 2033 does for comparison :O

have i just got to wait cos it seems there's something majorly wrong with it when people with gtx 260's get better performance than me on a gtx 480, tried a few cfg tweaks and no joy, tried latest 1.38 nvidia cd and latest inf modded 262.99 drivers and its still woeful

yeah baby, 15fps with max settings but no aa :O

Nop, all the fixes seem to be a placebo. You can find them all over at the steam forums. None of them remove the lag completely. I doubt the community can provide a fix for this one, I think we'll need to wait for the official patch.

iam220 said:
Nop, all the fixes seem to be a placebo. You can find them all over at the steam forums. None of them remove the lag completely. I doubt the community can provide a fix for this one, I think we'll need to wait for the official patch.

The only current fix seems to be to buy an i7.

DryvBy

Pookaki said:
I played my first match yesterday and recorded it for your viewing pleasure.

Call Of Duty Black Ops - My First Game Made a few mistakes like calling in my Spy Plane while radar jammed *fail* but other than that I did quite well. Mortar strike is pretty sweet. This was captured with an in-line capture card at 720p.

Check it!

Also got this long range ballistic knife kill Last night and tried out the video rendering from in-game. The quality is not very impressive. Kind of a bummer actually ): Long Range Ballistic knife Kill

Nice to see actual gameplay. One thing I don't like is how quick you can level up. I prefer the grind. Getting to Elite in Rainbow Six Vegas after several months of grinding kills was rewarding. But that's a personal preference and I don't think BO needs to follow that. Obviously, BO is just another CoD with fast gameplay, and faster leveling. I just hope I don't max out too quick.

I thumb'd it up.

iam220

PoweredBySoy said:
The only current fix seems to be to buy an i7.

people with i7's are also having this problem. I'm not sure what kind of magical hardware configuration is required to avoid it but it seems like this bug/memory leak/poor gpu usage is effecting a very LARGE amount of people. Although it does seem like most of the people who are reporting no problems have phenom II's ...

bud

the audio sucked so i figured it was because i hadn't put it on loud, but i did. what the fuck. and i was playing on villa just now and it, at times, it took me a minute to find an opponent; a lot of these maps feel like a wasteland. also, the amount of ''game lobby closed'' notices i've gotten is insane.

total waste of money.

Dresden

Well, it's no MW1.

It feels better than MW2 because it's new and we have much less bullshit deaths--but in return there's an even bigger focus on automatic weapons and snipers are barely seen now. Yeah, quick scoping was bullshit but a lot of you guys confuse good aim with the aim-assist crap that the Intervention had. Also getting a lot of hit detection issues with the Olympia, for some reason. The game truly feels like WaW and that's not really a good thing, Treyarch means well but in terms of fluid gameplay IW always had them beat. Everything feels clunkier.

Oh well, still enjoying it. Won't have much time to play until Thanksgiving but that's my impression for now.

Not overly impressed, mainly due to the laginess of the whole thing I think, just giving up already on it...

Spawn system is shocking, hope they fix it quick time.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Genesis Knight said:
A couple changes from MW2 that I find very interesting:

-You can't fire grenade launchers in the first couple seconds of a match.
-Scavenger doesn't refill your launcher ammo.
-You can't run any underslung attachments with a sight, mags, or any other attachment.
-Commando, OMA, and all the damage/health modification perks are gone.
-Claymores are weakened, grenades seem scaled back.
-No game-ending killstreaks.
-No chaining to get higher killstreaks (makes SR-71 and up damn rare).
-Snipers seem more difficult to use.
-Secondary weapons are super lightweight - no machine pistols or shotguns.
-No deathstreaks.

Thanks for fixing CoD, Treyarch.

On the other hand, I'd gotten pretty good at playing the system in MW2 and usually ran 20 or 30-5 KD. Now I'm down to 15-4 ish. Which is a bummer.

:)

kuYuri

For people having problems with air support killstreaks:

1. Equip Hardline
2. Equip SAM turret
3. Get three kills in a row, call in SAM turret, plant turret somewhere people are unlikely to go.
4. It shoots down all air support, even spy planes.
5. You can even share the SAM turret to teammates so it goes towards Hardline Pro challenges.

Otherwise, try to earn Ghost Pro.

DryvBy2 said:
Nice to see actual gameplay. One thing I don't like is how quick you can level up. I prefer the grind. Getting to Elite in Rainbow Six Vegas after several months of grinding kills was rewarding. But that's a personal preference and I don't think BO needs to follow that. Obviously, BO is just another CoD with fast gameplay, and faster leveling. I just hope I don't max out too quick.

I thumb'd it up.

Well there is 15 prestige levels this time so it should take roughly the same amount of time to max the level out as the previous COD games. It takes a shorter time to level up for each prestige now.

Loxley

I'm glad they're aware of the PC issues and that they're looking for a fix (well, once they even figure out what the hell the cause is :p) but it's complete bullshit that it happened to begin with. I can say one thing for Black Ops, my enjoyment of a game I just bought has never been squashed so quickly before.

Max

I am not Max
Any difference between the red dot and reflex sights? Other than the appearance they seem to be the exact same

zsswimmer

Single player is just as shitty as I thought it would be. All cpu aiming towards you regardless of anybody around them. Veteran mode=RAGE

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Potentially game breaking/totally awesome

1) Earn Hardline Pro (can get 1 more attempt at a dropped Care Package to get better reward)
2) Equip Killstreaks 4/5/6, Sam Turrent, Care Package, Sentry Gun
3) Sam Turret drops, use hardline to swap it for a better KS hopefully, same for CP and SG.
4) People think you're CP glitching
5) Profit

Flek

Banned
so i took some screenshots in the game (psn) and id sayd they got "uploadet" !? But to where? Where can i find them???

LeMaximilian said:

1) Earn Hardline Pro (can get 1 more attempt at a dropped Care Package to get better reward)
3) Sam Turret drops, use hardline to swap it for a better KS hopefully, same for CP and SG.
5) Profit
Does re-rolling work with Sam Turrets/Sentry Guns? If so, that's awesome! (/gamebreaking)

RS4-

ugh, my framerate isn't as bad as the vid posted a few posts up but it's still annoying with the random skipping. I think I'll try 720p instead of 1080.

I turned off AA and put textures to low and yeah... instead of using my m16 I have to rely on the boring SMGs

Magik

LeMaximilian said:

5) Profit

Saw a vid where the player used the 4/5/6 killstreaks to get 8/9/11 killstreaks.

Chrange

Banned
Phaethon0017 said:
Took a dog's age getting setup on the site. I had a previous account, but everytime I signed up it told me to make a new one. So I made a new one on the same screen as the one followed after logging in, and then it only let me log into my old one after setting up a new one! Damn! Bungie.net this is not, but at least I go this. Sorry if it's of one of you guys :lol.

At first glance I thought that was a Fallout shot.

KJTB

Parties are definitely messed up right now. Me and my friends would get a "party no longer active" message like 50% of the time when trying to find a game. It's frustrating but I figure it's because of how many people are playing/ it will probably be fixed soon enough.

Oh, and nuketown shouldn't exist... It's awful.

HooCares

Neo Member
LeMaximilian said:
It works. Also hit 2nd prestige last night.

Thanks. Will give it a shot.

Care to share your most used class setup for your first EDIT: AND SECOND (fuck!) run? (gun/attachment/perks/etc)?

iam220 said:
people with i7's are also having this problem. I'm not sure what kind of magical hardware configuration is required to avoid it but it seems like this bug/memory leak/poor gpu usage is effecting a very LARGE amount of people. Although it does seem like most of the people who are reporting no problems have phenom II's ...

I have a Phenom II and arguably have it worse than anyone. At least a lot of people's problems are limited to single player.

mYm|17|

Dipindots said:
Parties are definitely messed up right now. Me and my friends would get a "party no longer active" message like 50% of the time when trying to find a game. It's frustrating but I figure it's because of how many people are playing/ it will probably be fixed soon enough.

Oh, and nuketown shouldn't exist... It's awful.
Happened a ton to my friends and I last night. I eventually went to bed

Dipindots said:
Happened to me and friends last night too. 4 of us couldn't get a game together for like 10 mins.

DoomGyver

Second hard lock during multiplayer, first was during a host migration at the end of a match and the second happened while searching for a game I recieved the "you're signed out of ps network, you must sign in" which I was and it froze. ps3 version

Anyone else getting this? If it happens again I'm going to finish the single player and sell this crap.

LeMaximilian said:
It works. Also hit 2nd prestige last night.

So you "despise" MW2 but put 25 days into it. You then claimed to hate Black Ops more than MW2, but you're already well on your way to another few weeks worth of play. I just don't understand....

zero margin said:
please people vote for a new map especially after nuketown.
Yeah, seriously, it makes no sense as to why you can vote for the map you just played on. Has anyone given any explanation to this? Why can't you just vote on two new maps? Makes zero sense to me.

RS4-

Oh yeah, wtf there's no way to have multiple users (not at the same time)? For example, MW1 on PC, I could have my account, my brother could have his.

Top Bottom