• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
blurredvision said:
So you "despise" MW2 but put 25 days into it. You then claimed to hate Black Ops more than MW2, but you're already well on your way to another few weeks worth of play. I just don't understand....

I hate the shit out of SSF4, but I play it cause everyone plays it. The Xbox community is like that, I'll play what's popular generally. I'm enjoying BO a lot more now that I understand it. Things like respawning are now actually getting me more kills than killed since I expect mofos to pop behind me.

Otherwise, fuck the RC-XD. Thing was designed to take me out every time I'm about to get a Chopper Gunner.

And for those curious my class loadout for my 2nd prestige...

Ghost Pro
Slight of Hand Pro
Hacker

Galil/Supressor and Stingers

Pretty much spent the entire prestige sneaking up behind people, killing them, then hiding as they respawn behind me to kill them again...over and over.

Besides that, for Havana and Hanoi, I use the same perks but with the Spas-12 w/Suppressor. I call it the Wind Pistol and it's one of the most fun weapons in the game.

EekTheKat

Bumped into a bug in the campaign that highlights the worst about the Call of Duty series within the first few hours of playing.

objective : Protect Reznov - apparently Reznov was supposed to move up to a door and try and cut it open, but he just stood there behind some cover aiming his gun at an enemy off screen.

I shot a couple enemies on the roof, including a guy that seems like he was scripted to hop over a railing, but Reznov would still not move at all, and guards just kept spawning in 2-3 at a time.

I thought it was one of those "defend this person" type of objective, but after spending about 10-20 minutes of nonstop guards constantly respawning I gave up + tried to restart at a checkpoint...only to bump into the same thing all over again.

It turns out I had to restart the entire level just to get around this glitch, after starting over again Reznov would properly head up to the door leading to the mini gun and open it.

So yeah, bugged objective right at an infinite enemy spawn point. GG Treyarch

On the bright side, iron sight aiming in 3d is a really cool effect.

Help! I just can't beat this part in the single player, the Vietnam level where ...
You have to kick the barrels into the trench on the hill. The thing is, the game doesn't tell you I need to kick the barrels so I've spend an hour not knowing what to do. Secondly, it doesn't let me kick the barrels!
I'm getting frustrated. This part is killing my enjoyment of the single player campaign. :(

EDIT:
Nevermind. I got it.

Patrick Bateman said:
So, people who already got and played it:

Better or worse than MW2?

360 better than PS3-edition?
I'd say currently there's the appearence of it being balanced better.That could all change in a weak if/when someone finds a ridiculous exploit.

Tokubetsu

LeMaximilian said:
I hate the shit out of SSF4, but I play it cause everyone plays it. The Xbox community is like that, I'll play what's popular generally. I'm enjoying BO a lot more now that I understand it. Things like respawning are now actually getting me more kills than killed since I expect mofos to pop behind me.

Otherwise, fuck the RC-XD. Thing was designed to take me out every time I'm about to get a Chopper Gunner.

And for those curious my class loadout for my 2nd prestige...

Ghost Pro
Slight of Hand Pro
Hacker

Galil/Supressor and Stingers

Pretty much spent the entire prestige sneaking up behind people, killing them, then hiding as they respawn behind me to kill them again...over and over.

Besides that, for Havana and Hanoi, I use the same perks but with the Spas-12 w/Suppressor. I call it the Wind Pistol and it's one of the most fun weapons in the game.

You're already 2nd prestige?

Dina

Wow, 7 million sold, 60% on X360, 36% on PS3 and 4X on PC, Wii and DS. That's like, what, 2% on the pc? Madness.

AcciDante

Umm, this just happened. (360 version)
p3Lgi.jpg

Have to restart the mission :/

edit: Sorry about the size!

Numpt3

Enjoying the multiplayer much more than MW2, it's nice to play a match that doesn't feel like its set under the flight path to Heathrow airport.

Sad to see the knife teleport bullshit is still here though. :/

bolbronx

Can't believe how broken this game is. Online is a mess of lag, hick-ups & slideshows.

I've bought two fucking games on release, Fifa (360) and Black Ops (PC), and both are broken online.

Seems like the developers are surprised that people bought their game.

Now i have to sit and wait patiently for 2+ weeks for a patch before i'm able to play.
Much like i do with Fifa, and have done since release. Suck ass.

Veritas_

Dina said:
Wow, 7 million sold, 60% on X360, 36% on PS3 and 4X on PC, Wii and DS. That's like, what, 2% on the pc? Madness.
Ugh. I hate playing shooters on consoles, but I may have to pick up a 360 just to have someone to play against in 3 weeks. (PC Version here.)

:(

MrDenny

I'm only lvl 14 and my kill/death 2304/2568 already.
I played one round of td, I got 16 kills, my stats jumped from 2118 to 2304 kills.
Is something wrong with the leaderboards?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Friendly AI in the game has to be the MOST RETARDED thing i have ever seen. Doing it on Veteran and am in the underground corridor things. The friendly AI literally watches the enemies run up and kill me, intermittently telling me "you're being shot up" and "grab some cover" i think as a whole i have seen them kill 2 or 3 enemies.... out of a billion that constantly respawn from a little room. At the moment its seems almost impossible to get past one of the choke points due to the shitty enemy re spawn and the even shittier AI.

Yeah its Veteran and i should be doing it hard but the AI is a fucking joke.

Just gave online zombie mode a try, it's pretty fun. Clearly EXTREMELY L4D-inspired but the random Kennedy/Nixon soundbites are hilarious in that context :lol

Azar

Gary Whitta said:
Just gave online zombie mode a try, it's pretty fun. Clearly EXTREMELY L4D-inspired but the random Kennedy/Nixon soundbites are hilarious in that context :lol
Well, World at War and L4D came out at basically the same time, so I don't know about that. :D It's a real shame the WaW zombie maps only come with the Hardened edition, because Der Riese was totally epic.

Wow the snipers blow. Got the bolt action unlocked, hit a guy point blank. Nothing. I get killed. Next I shot a guy in the shoulder twice just to kill him. I hit another guy in the head (heard the ding too, hit marker, etc). Nothing. The maps aren't that good for sniping either. WaW sniping was fun. :\

TheOddOne

The campaign feels like it ended too abruptly, I thought atleast two or three levels more after Mason finds out the truth.

Its like Treyarch took their times with the earlier levels and forgot the deadline, then slapped the end level together.

One things for sure: Black Ops 2 is coming

Mr Sandman said:
Wow the snipers blow. Got the bolt action unlocked, hit a guy point blank. Nothing. I get killed. Next I shot a guy in the shoulder twice just to kill him. I hit another guy in the head (heard the ding too, hit marker, etc). Nothing. The maps aren't that good for sniping either. WaW sniping was fun. :\
Gotta use that WA. They definitely powered it up a bit from MW2.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Help! I just can't beat this part in the single player, the Vietnam level where ...
You have to kick the barrels into the trench on the hill. The thing is, the game doesn't tell you I need to kick the barrels so I've spend an hour not knowing what to do. Secondly, it doesn't let me kick the barrels!
I'm getting frustrated. This part is killing my enjoyment of the single player campaign. :(

EDIT:
Nevermind. I got it.

I got stuck on that part also. Game doesn't really do a great job at telling you your objectives. I had to look at a video to figure out that part.

kitch9 said:
Does the pc numbers include steam d2d etc?
I don't think they include Steam because IIRC Steam deosn't give out numbers. So PC might be a bit better than 4% but still, pretty sad. Where the hell are all the great PC-led FPS games? Tired of these console ports.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
EDIT:
Nevermind. I got it.
Also, in that mission there is an enemy that takes down a helicopter with an RPG. Try as I might, no matter how much I shot the guy he wouldn't drop. He'd always just shrug off my shots and continue to take down the helicopter. People got on MOH's case for lazy crap like this, but Black Ops gets a pass. Hell, Resistance 2 also got shit on for enemies that ignored your allies and focused on you, but once again BO gets a pass. Its too big to fail I guess.

And regarding a previous post, sure MW2's story made little sense, but the moment to moment gunplay was light years ahead of BO.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Friendly AI in the game has to be the MOST RETARDED thing i have ever seen. Doing it on Veteran and am in the underground corridor things. The friendly AI literally watches the enemies run up and kill me, intermittently telling me "you're being shot up" and "grab some cover" i think as a whole i have seen them kill 2 or 3 enemies.... out of a billion that constantly respawn from a little room. At the moment its seems almost impossible to get past one of the choke points due to the shitty enemy re spawn and the even shittier AI.
Yeah, don't you find it really helpful when your so called allies let you know you've just been shot? Why thanks, I had no idea. SMH

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Veritas_ said:
Ugh. I hate playing shooters on consoles, but I may have to pick up a 360 just to have someone to play against in 3 weeks. (PC Version here.)

You do realize that there were already 8000 servers up at launch right? And that the PC communities have always been large enough to last for 3+ years for these games right? It's still retardedly easy to get into a game of 20+ people in MW1.

PalaceBrother said:
$60 / piece....That's $420 million.

There's a joke in there somewhere, but I just can't find it.

wait im an idiot.

Those numbers are still from chartz so the numbers are suspect. Additionally I find it amusing that FIVE PERCENT of the userbase is made up of DS WII and PC users. No wonder the PC got such a shoddy port if true.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Gary Whitta said:
I don't think they include Steam because IIRC Steam deosn't give out numbers. So PC might be a bit better than 4% but still, pretty sad. Where the hell are all the great PC-led FPS games? Tired of these console ports.
There are ~150k playing right now - 5% of 7 million (Chartttzzzz) = 350k
no way ~50% of the PC BO owners are playing right now - even if these figures are remotely correct they are retail only.
Mind you the 4 million playing on Live gives a 96% of Xbox BO owners were playing last night :lol

MMaRsu

Veritas_ said:

Yeah support a broken PC version by buying the console version, that'll show em.

TheOddOne

Terrordactyl said:
STUPID STUPID

Those numbers are still from chartz so the numbers are suspect. Additionally I find it amusing that FIVE PERCENT of the userbase is made up of DS WII and PC users. No wonder the PC got such a shoddy port if true.
You have too also think about the Hardened en Prestige edition. Conclusion: Activision is swimming in money.

iam220

Dina said:

2% of 7 mil? that's 140k. Looking at the steam stats MP reached a peak of 94,684 players and SP 64,267. So that's already over the 140k. Obviously not everyone who bought the game is playing it, perhaps 1 in 5? Based on those numbers I wouldn't be surprised if units sold on pc were nearing a million.

jkanownik

The arm chair analysis of Chartz numbers is hilarious. It's like a game of telephone that began with a random mishmash of syllables strung together.

Top Bottom