• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Got to lvl 20 last night and am still rocking the M16. Might as well get all the challenges completed. Any recommendation on what assault rifle to try out next?

backflip10019 said:
Hmmm, so silencers: are they worth using on an SMG class? I'm currently running one with my AK47u, but it takes a lot of bullets to take someone down (I'm talking sometimes like 5-7). Seems to me that while they might hide where you are on the map, the decrease in range/damage that they do might make them not really worth using, especially on an SMG class. Thoughts?

I am still up in the air on silencers on SMGs. They decrease the power alot at mid and long (for a SMG) ranges. I find alot of succes with them sometimes, I put a silencer on a MAC 11 for one game on Summit TDM and went 18-3 obviously running and gunning as it was a MAC 11 :lol

Got to lvl 20 last night and am still rocking the M16. Might as well get all the challenges completed. Any recommendation on what assault rifle to try out next?

AUG/FAMAS/Semi Auto Guns

TestMonkey said:
AUG is beastly, it's what I roll with most of the time (when I'm not SMGing). Also, the Galil is pretty good until you unlock the AUG/AK47.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
VaLiancY said:
Fucking Tomahawks. You sit comfortably in the top three and you move just for a second and you get cold steel in your back. I hope people aren't looking over wager matches, it's free for all but very refreshing and fun.
People are afraid of losing money apparently. What a bunch of pussies.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Stallion Free said:

I have 71000 in Cod Points and i'll be damned if you're getting any!!!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
NinjaFridge said:
I have 71000 in Cod Points and i'll be damned if you're getting any!!!
I HAVE HIT ROCK BOTTOM BEFORE, GETTING DISCONNECTED FROM THE GAME FOR NOT HAVING ENOUGH FUND TO BUY IN THE NEXT ROUND.

But seriously, 3 rounds of TDM gets you enough CR for 4-6 rounds of pure losses in Wager mode. Winning keeps you afloat longer.

Brian Fellows said:
I've never had a problem with any of the stuff people bitch about when it comes to MW2. It all just seemed so rare to me. Let the scrubs use their bullshit tactics. Its not going to help them. In the end I'm still going 20-5 and they'll be 10-15.

Uh, no.

You're not going to do anything against a One Man Army/Danger Close Tuber who knows what they are doing.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
CcrooK said:
Don't prestige then. You'll lose it all.

I'm not going to. I'm at level 33, i don't know if i'll play long enough to get to 50 so Prestige is out of the question.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
AnEternalEnigma said:
Uh, no.

You're not going to do anything against a One Man Army/Danger Close Tuber who knows what they are doing.

I must never have run across one in my 25 days of play. Which is fine by me.

I'm almost at level 45 now. I'm thinking prestige will be fun primarily because it'll be a test of my skill? It's going to be nice going back through the levels using different guns etc. I didn't even touch the M16 at first, so I think I might get to know that a little better..

It could be infuriating or brilliant, I'm not sure. :lol

MarshMellow96 said:
I'm almost at level 45 now. I'm thinking prestige will be fun primarily because it'll be a test of my skill? It's going to be nice going back through the levels using different guns etc. I didn't even touch the M16 at first, so I think I might get to know that a little better..

It could be infuriating or brilliant, I'm not sure. :lol

That is definitely the outlook I'm taking, I've never prestiged in COD4 or MW2, the former because I didn't play long enough, and the latter because my copy got stolen (interesting and weird tale for another day). I'm definitely aiming to prestige this time around and taking the time to try out new weapons, and new classes that I otherwise wouldn't try. Plus, it will be a great and fun challenge.

Brian Fellows said:
I must never have run across one in my 25 days of play. Which is fine by me.

Im not saying this isnt true, but..... it simply CANT be. Are we talking 25 days of local play with your friends who did not have access to these builds? PC games that blocked it?

Wickerman

SpacLock said:
Does anyone know of a site where I can order this game with Paypal? I asked about it earlier in this thread, but it was buried before I received an answer. Any reliable sites out there?

Newegg uses Paypal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheApatheticOne said:
Im not saying this isnt true, but..... it simply CANT be. Are we talking 25 days of local play with your friends who did not have access to these builds? PC games that blocked it?
OMA wasn't that popular in HC on PC from my well over 100 hours of experience.

Teknoman said:
So how would map pack releases work for PC version of Black Ops?
Prolly a toggle for servers if the owner wants them in the rotation. Filters on the server browser would have the option to filter these out for people who don't have map packs? PC community is happy to buy map packs so I wouldn't worry about getting to play them.

Lunchbox

Banned
how do you make multiplayer as the default start up? i go to options on the multiplayer screen enable it but then it goes back to being disabled

how do i save the settings? 360 version

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
TheApatheticOne said:

I'm not saying its true either. I'm just saying I'd fuck anyone up who uses OMA/DC/Noob whether they know what they were doing or not. Most of my deaths came from shotguns at point blank range.

I was a level 7 prestige on the PS3 playing mostly TDM with a little S&D thrown in BTW.

The more I get used to it the more I love the L96A1. The one hit kills feel so much more satisfying than the sniper kills in MW2. And there aren't many other snipers currently running around. So, that's another plus point.

Brian Fellows said:
I'm not saying its true either. I'm just saying I'd fuck anyone up who uses OMA/DC/Noob whether they know what they were doing or not. Most of my deaths came from shotguns at point blank range.

I was a level 7 prestige on the PS3 playing mostly TDM with a little S&D thrown in BTW.

The OMA was super prominent in domination where teams just learned how to bomb the capture points. And I mean teams. You had assholes who ran those extra accounts with a team name and they would just organize and bomb the hell out of shit and it was stupid beyond belief. It isn't like I ran into it every game, but running into that kind of crap just once is pretty souring.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Bumblebeetuna said:
Clearly those guys should have positioned themselves better at spawn and then that wouldn't have been an issue. Also, idk who that guy is but there is something annoying as hell about the way he talks.

He sounds like Shifty Powers from Band of Brothers.

cameltoe

BattleMonkey said:
As they did with COD4 and WAW, you play and if a map comes up in rotation that players don't have, the server boots them off.

COD 4 PC would just download the map if you didnt have it. Im assuming it will be the same with BO

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BattleMonkey said:
As they did with COD4 and WAW, you play and if a map comes up in rotation that players don't have, the server boots them off.
Well those were free and released in required game patches. Everyone had them if they were up to date (which was more or less a requirement because who the fuck runs an out of date server to let out of date people play on?)

Map Packs are definitely going to be paid on PC. They made way too much money off the MW2 map packs to ignore it.

VaLiancY

Stallion Free said:

I'm saving up for the high roller wager matches. Go big or go home.

I'm going to cry if I don't make top three.:lol

Before I prestige'd I spent all my money on card backgrounds and layers. I had about 80K but I was broke before I could even get all the card backgrounds. Money well spent though since I'd lose it.

My first 1-50 I went mostly assault rifle. From 38 on used strictly the AK with a silencer. But I think for my second round of 1-50 I'm gonna go mostly SMG. Just not sure of the perks yet.

Nizz

Stoney Mason said:
Thought this was interesting and a perfect example to illustrate how nerfed sniping has become.

On my combat record on the times killed by page my top three are
M16: 158
Enfield: 142
MP 5k: 126

Here are all the sniper rifles.

Dragunov:5
L96A1: 3
WA2000: 3
PSG1: 0

Yeah, this needs to be fixed.
I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've died to a sniper rifle. It seems like the game's gone back to an emphasis on sub machine guns. Assault rifles are still where it's at too.

I have a sniper class as one of my load outs but I've used that class maybe once-twice. Kind of hard to park yourself in a nice spot, especially with the respawns and the enemy team respawning right behind you. I'll probably trade that class out for a light machine gun class. The sniper spot is just taking up space at this point.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
VaLiancY said:
I'm saving up for the high roller wager matches. Go big or go home.

I'm going to cry if I don't make top three.:lol
Are you on PC? My buddies and I will be on tonight and we will prolly have 2 slots open for wager matches. We shoot the shit (via Mumble) and troll the hell out of each other and it's crazy fun.

kodt

Banned
Are custom maps possible on Black Ops or no?

Also, how much control of your own servers (if you bought one from GameSevers.com) do you have? Do unranked servers still give XP and $? If not, can you use crazy settings like low grav etc.. on unranked servers?

VaLiancY

Stallion Free said:
Are you on PC? My buddies and I will be on tonight and we will prolly have 2 slots open for wager matches. We shoot the shit (via Mumble) and troll the hell out of each other and it's crazy fun.

On the 360 for now. Building a new rig up and will double dip on BO but I will take a rain check.

ZZMitch

I actually like using the WA200 with an ACOG Scope, since none of the maps are big enough for "real" sniping I kind of just run around place the camera spike behind me, snipe a guy and then run to another spot. It still seems kind of useless though because I could have got those kills ever easier with an AR like the M16.

Top Bottom