• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Kyoufu

itsnervedamage said:
Hardline pro: spy plane, sam turret, napalm
Spy plane in 2 kills is so good, especially since people travel in pairs sometimes and one clumsy spray can get that up. Sam turret with re-roll option is probably OP. I keep the first one on hand and just re-roll the subsequent ones. Feels like I get 3 or 4 sentry guns for every huey or blackbird, but still probably too good. Napalm in the pocket means I can lay down some fire on the objective so that is super useful.

Wait you can re-roll the SAM turret packages? I thought it was just Care packages.

backflip10019 said:
Oh man, getting a Chopper Gunner or Gunship on Nuketown is ridiculous. Got one of each in care packages in two consecutive games there. Both times, the host on the other team quit and I didn't even get to finish up the games. Got at least 10 or so easy kills with each before they quit, though.

Gunship on Nuketown ruins the match. I had six consecutive spawn deaths this morning. Eff Nuketown.

Repgnar

Been on my first prestige for 2-3 days now and trying a lot of different stuff this time around. Before I used Ghost/Warlord/Ninja pro and the AK-74. Been messing around with Second Chance and Hardline pro and enjoying those. I just lol at explosives and second chance is pretty funny when people aren't looking to the ground. The time you get to have someone revive you is pretty long so I can sit there for a little bit waiting for an enemy to run by or a friendly to revive me. If only more people did revive though, either that don't see the giant white revive cross or just don't care. Doesn't it give you points if you revive someone?

Jrmint

Not to go too off topic, but has it been revealed who is developing MW3 for Activision yet?

Also, when do you guys think we'll see the first glimpse of IW (Respawn) new project?

Skel said:
Not to go too off topic, but has it been revealed who is developing MW3 for Activision yet?

Also, when do you guys think we'll see the first glimpse of IW (Respawn) new project?
No, maybe remnants of IW? Who knows. And years would be my guess.

backflip10019 said:
Damn, that's the kind of stuff I love doing. Guy seemed like he had mega host though. Whenever I put a couple bullets into someone like that with my AK47u, they never seem to die.

Might I be the only person who doesn't hate Jungle?
same here. love the gun though.

X26

Banned
backflip10019 said:
Damn, that's the kind of stuff I love doing. Guy seemed like he had mega host though. Whenever I put a couple bullets into someone like that with my AK47u, they never seem to die.

Might I be the only person who doesn't hate Jungle?

it's one of the better maps for domination I find, atleast

Kyoufu said:
Wait you can re-roll the SAM turret packages? I thought it was just Care packages.

Yeah :p. It's really broken if a team runs sam, package, sentry and a couple people have hardline pro. You can change teammates crates too.

I try to be less cheap and use it strategically. The SAM is for anti-air coverage, and I have a gamble option.

I've rolled a good number of crates now though, and SAM generally gets me a sentry gun (thats a +2 streak vs sam). I think/hope the odds of getting something good are either pretty low, or staggered by the level of crate (4/5/6 streak). I should keep a tally or something.

Oh, ghost pro is key to taking out all type of choppers. I don't think they get red boxes on you, I have had way more success shooting them down fast since I got the upgrade. I hate the sentry gun requirement though.

Weenerz

Banned
Is there a website that shows what unlocks when and what they do (talking about Pro perks mostly). Just want to see if some of the pros are worth going for.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Maybe I didn't make this clear enough before: Sticks and Stones is better than any other element of this game by far. It alone has made the 60$ day one purchase worth while for me. GO PLAY IT IF YOU HADN'T AND WATCH AS HOURS DISAPPEAR.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Stallion Free said:
Maybe I didn't make this clear enough before: Sticks and Stones is better than any other element of this game by far. It alone has made the 60$ day one purchase worth while for me. GO PLAY IT IF YOU HADN'T AND WATCH AS HOURS DISAPPEAR.

I don't think of the wager matches are all that fun.

Thought this was interesting and a perfect example to illustrate how nerfed sniping has become.

On my combat record on the times killed by page my top three are
M16: 158
Enfield: 142
MP 5k: 126

Here are all the sniper rifles.

Dragunov:5
L96A1: 3
WA2000: 3
PSG1: 0

Yeah, this needs to be fixed.

Aesthet1c

Stallion Free said:

That's exactly how I feel about Gun Game. I was a big GG junkie back in the Counter-Strike days, and native GG in CoD just feels so so good.

Brian Fellows said:

I think they are all ridiculous amounts of fun. One of my favorite additions to the series. Makes me actually love Free For Alls which I detested before.

Aesthet1c said:
That's exactly how I feel about Gun Game. I was a big GG junkie back in the Counter-Strike days, and native GG in CoD just feels so so good.

Yeah GG is my favorite. I love the tension and the swings the game will take. But I really like all of them.

Brian Fellows said:

I only play the 10cr match ones so it doesnt feel like im betting anything, but I LOVE wager matches, if I played the 1000Cr matches and lost I would probably hate them though. :lol

LordAlu

Stoney Mason said:
Thought this was interesting and a perfect example to illustrate how nerfed sniping has become.

On my combat record on the times killed by page my top three are
M16: 158
Enfield: 142
MP 5k: 126

Here are all the sniper rifles.

Dragunov:5
L96A1: 3
WA2000: 3
PSG1: 0

Yeah, this needs to be fixed.
I have no problems with Sniper Rifles. They're great long range weapons!

...All we need now are maps big enough to use them on! :D

bobs99 ... said:
I only play the 10cr match ones so it doesnt feel like im betting anything, but I LOVE wager matches, if I played the 1000Cr matches and lost I would probably hate them though. :lol
Yeah, the stakes seem kind of high. I feel like there should be a level between 10 and 1000. I don't know, 100 maybe?

Brian Fellows said:
I keep trying to like them but they're so random and silly that I can only play a couple of matches until I get bored with it. It is more fun with friends.

Then again, I'm already getting bored with this game on a general level. It's such a safe sequel that brings absolutely nothing new to the table nevermind how broken/random it is. It's so safe that they just want ahead and removed some of the interesting things in the previous games just so they don't have to confront them - sniping, riot shield, sound whoring, javelin, shotguns as primaries. Just remove it or nerf it so nobody uses it! That's the solution!

And by broken and random I don't mean fun random and dynamic...I just mean pure random - from the crappy windy maps, the 50/50 chance of a knife working, the random spawns, and hit detection. By the time they hopefully fix that crap, I'll probably be done with it anyway.

bobs99 ... said:
Haha, my friend was in a sizeable lead in a 1000CP Sticks and Stones match then got Tomahawk'd with five seconds left in the game. Many wHATs were had.

Dresden

LordAlu said:
I have no problems with Sniper Rifles. They're great long range weapons!

...All we need now are maps big enough to use them on! :D
Array, WMD, Cracked (provided you hold the area around C), Jungle and Hanoi are all excellent sniping maps.

Get rid of the huge initial sway-in and you'd see more people use snipers--so long as sleight of hand pro doesn't work for sniper rifles that'll cut down on quick scoping. Variable zoom helps a lot, it's just that people try using the Dragunov and just give up before they get to the WA2k or L96. Just return it to WaW/MW1 levels and I'd be happy.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
bobs99 ... said:

Its not about the money for me. After level 20 CP becomes pretty much useless for me. I'm level 25 on my first prestige and I've already unlocked everything I need and have about 30K just sitting there because I don't need any of the other guns, perks, or equipment.

Aesthet1c

Mr. B Natural said:
I keep trying to like them but they're so random and silly that I can only play a couple of matches until I get bored with it. It is more fun with friends.

Then again, I'm already getting bored with this game on a general level. It's such a safe sequel that brings absolutely nothing new to the table nevermind how broken/random it is. It's so safe that they just want ahead and removed some of the interesting things in the previous games just so they don't have to confront them - sniping, riot shield, sound whoring, javelin, shotguns as primaries. Just remove it or nerf it so nobody uses it! That's the solution!

And by broken and random I don't mean fun random and dynamic...I just mean pure random - from the crappy windy maps, the 50/50 chance of a knife working, the random spawns, and hit detection. By the time they hopefully fix that crap, I'll probably be done with it anyway.

That sentance pretty much describes Treyarch CoD's. Infinity Ward innovates, Treyarch copies. It will be interesting to see where CoD goes now that IW has left the building.

Anerythristic said:
I got a five fucking kill streak in Final Stand yesterday. I don't even feel bad..if you make a kill confirm it people and look down.

That's pretty bad (good on you) but I'm guessing that was on nuketown? with so much shit happening on that map sometimes I could see not noticing a guy in final stand.

Dresden said:
Get rid of the huge initial sway-in and you'd see more people use snipers--so long as sleight of hand pro doesn't work for sniper rifles that'll cut down on quick scoping.

This. 1000 times this. Get rid of the stupid initial random action.

Brian Fellows said:
Its not about the money for me. After level 20 CP becomes pretty much useless for me. I'm level 25 on my first prestige and I've already unlocked everything I need and have about 30K just sitting there because I don't need any of the other guns, perks, or equipment.

Really? I'm level 44 and I'm always penniless. But then I change my load out and attachments every single match to try new things.

Raiden

Banned
Neuromancer said:
That's it? They play a song? Disappointing.

A song? Goddamn Rolling Stones maang, and really, what do people expect, fireworks and map transformations?

It is a goddamn easteregg.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Really? I'm level 44 and I'm always penniless. But then I change my load out and attachments every single match to try new things.
Yeah, same. I'm at like 36 right now and I'm just trying to unlock everything I can and try it all out, see what's best and then I'll take it from there.

mjc

Mr. B Natural said:

By taking out all the ridiculous streaks/equipment for Black Ops, Treyarch wins. MW2 was infuriating.

paskowitz

Dresden said:
Array, WMD, Cracked (provided you hold the area around C), Jungle and Hanoi are all excellent sniping maps.

Get rid of the huge initial sway-in and you'd see more people use snipers--so long as sleight of hand pro doesn't work for sniper rifles that'll cut down on quick scoping. Variable zoom helps a lot, it's just that people try using the Dragunov and just give up before they get to the WA2k or L96. Just return it to WaW/MW1 levels and I'd be happy.

The PSG1 is my favorite. It never takes more than 2 shots and its recoil is very reasonable. On the tower by A on Array... its ovah!

paskowitz said:
The PSG1 is my favorite. It never takes more than 2 shots and its recoil is very reasonable. On the tower by A on Array... its ovah!

Question:

Has anybody successfully climbed back down that fucking ladder without falling off? :lol

zero margin said:
That's pretty bad (good on you) but I'm guessing that was on nuketown? with so much shit happening on that map sometimes I could see not noticing a guy in final stand.

No it was on Villa I was on the first floor in the house directly north of the pool area. I got 5 kills in Final Stand Pro and luckily revived in what had to be the last second.

One guy walked right buy me (had to be the Ghost Pro I was sporting) and proceeded to camp the doorway for he house I was in :lol

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Question:

Has anybody successfully climbed back down that fucking ladder without falling off? :lol
I know I haven't. >=(

Sucks once you've run out of sniper ammo.

Raiden said:
A song? Goddamn Rolling Stones maang, and really, what do people expect, fireworks and map transformations?

It is a goddamn easteregg.
Yeah a song you already heard twice in the main game, excuse my lack of excitement. Besides this was an easter egg that was teased by the developers, I really thought it was going to be something cool like zombies attacking or something.

They need to allow the Motion Tracker to work w/o the need for the mini-map. In Hardcore I need a god damn spy plane to see what my motion tracker is picking up. =/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wager Stuff:

On PC, its a 500 CR buy in each round so you can run out of money kind of quickly and when you get fucked by tomahawks in Sticks and Stones (I have been Tomahawked in the last 2 seconds of a game and lost second place :lol ). But it's totally worth it. I usually play with 3-4 buddies so that keeps the game fun instead of rage-filled and when one of us runs out of CR we will switch over to HC TDM to regain our losses. Last night I had a net positive of 3k after 2 hours of wager matches, so don't go in think it's easy money (1st = 1500 CR, 2nd = 900 CR, 3rd = 600 CR.)

Top Bottom