• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Jb

Always-honest said:
what is the noobtube anyway? A grenade launcher of some kind?..
Yep. Also I don't see nearly as much noobtubers now as in the first few months after mw2's release. The problem is that it was the first attachment to be unlocked for most AR iirc.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Jay-B said:
Yep. Also I don't see nearly as much noobtubers now as in the first few months after mw2's release. The problem is that it was the first attachment to be unlocked for most AR iirc.

I never did see much of it.

Brian Fellows said:
I never did see much of it.
must say i don't see them being usd that often either.
sniper rifles upclose and a LOT of knife killing.
edit: well, probably because they are an early upgrade indeed.

I think it depends a lot on what mode you play. I usually play Ground War or straight up Domination and it's definitely become worse over time. It's actually pretty rare now that I even go for the first capture point immediately just because you'll can hear the sound of enemy grenades being launched.

Is their any bots gameplay yet?
Sorry if asked before but I wanted to know if there where any gameplay vids up yet.
To see how they play/react to the player.

Xater

The Dutch Slayer said:
Is their any bots gameplay yet?
Sorry if asked before but I wanted to know if there where any gameplay vids up yet.
To see how they play/react to the player.

For that the servers have to be online first.

Xater said:
For that the servers have to be online first.
really? I thought it was on offline vs bots thing?
So you have to be online to play vs bots?? that seems strange :O.

And maybe I have missed it but on unranked servers for the pc version how many people can it support?
24? 32?

You have to be online to play combat training because every multiplayer mode has to connect to the servers first before going through. It's been that way for the forseeable past.

cameltoe

The Dutch Slayer said:
really? I thought it was on offline vs bots thing?
So you have to be online to play vs bots?? that seems strange :O.

And maybe I have missed it but on unranked servers for the pc version how many people can it support?
24? 32?

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
You have to be online to play combat training because every multiplayer mode has to connect to the servers first before going through. It's been that way for the forseeable past.
ah like that, I thought you could play that totally offline because well it does not rank/progress to anything.

cameltoe said:
Thanks for the info :)

Xater

The Dutch Slayer said:
ah like that, I thought you could play that totally offline because well it does not rank/progress to anything.

The way I understand it kinda does influence the progress. I thought this was meant for the first few matches for newcomers to get their feet wet and get some experience points.

Man I am sitting on hot coals here. I switched my orde to ACME to get it earlier, and I am hoping that they sent it out as early as MW2 or Wolfenstein for me so I can paly it on Saturday. :lol

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
purple cobra said:
I got Medal of Honor release date delivery and UPS got here between I want to say 2:00 and 3:00 pm. I'm in Florida if that helps...

hm ok. considering cancelling my pre-order then and just getting it at Best Buy first thing in the AM...

Loxley

I'm actually glad they're limiting the number of players to 24 on ranked servers, CoD4 and W@W are damn-near unplayable with 20+ people (much less 40+ on most public TDM servers) since the maps are so god damn small and were clearly built with no more than 12 players in mind. That was actually my one and only worry about picking up the PC version; chiefly I was concerned over 20+ player Wager matches :lol

Anyway, my hype for the game has reached such a fever pitch that I actually canceled my Amazon pre-order for the PC version and just said "fuck it" and grabbed the Steam version and pre-loaded it. I didn't want Tuesday to come and me to be tapping my foot waiting for the UPS guy to arrive.

*edit:

Now that I think about it, Treyarch is putting more work into making the PC version of BO a distinctly genuine version of the game than they ever did with WaW or IW did with any CoD since Call of Duty 2.

Many props are given to them for not trying to shove a direct console port down the PC audience's throats.

Xater said:
The way I understand it kinda does influence the progress. I thought this was meant for the first few matches for newcomers to get their feet wet and get some experience points.
As I understood it, its an offline with bots mp totally suppurate mode that you can play with local and online friends.
It does not contribute to your "normal" progress at all.
Loxley said:
I'm actually glad they're limiting the number of players to 24 on Unranked servers, CoD4 and W@W are damn-near unplayable with 20+ people (much less 40+ on most public TDM servers) since the maps are so god damn small and were clearly built with no more than 12 players in mind. That was actually my one and only worry about picking up the PC version.

Chiefly I was concerned over 20+ player Wager matches :lol Anyway, my hype for the game has reached such a fever pitch that I actually canceled my Amazon pre-order for the PC version and just said "fuck it" and grabbed the Steam version and pre-loaded it. I didn't want Tuesday to come and me to be tapping my foot waiting for the UPS guy to arrive.
I loved playing 40 players MW1 shipment free for all, god I leveled like 10 levels in a few hours. :lol :lol :lol

G_Berry

Banned
DesktopMinion
Will leaning return in the PC version?
DavidVo
Yes. On Q and E by default with a procedural lean. It looks great and works really great in hardcore modes if you ask me.

OMG!

Lamonte
is FOV changeable in the pc version?.
DavidVo
Yes it is. The last time I looked at it personally you could take it to 80.

OMG!

-Pyromaniac- said:
great video, love the title.
For me anyhow, the video confirms that my main class will typically be using the flak jacket perk and then my anti-air class will be the Ghost class for knocking down the air support.

Is there any movement penalty with using the flak jacket?

BigBlue1974 said:
For me anyhow, the video confirms that my main class will typically be using the flak jacket perk and then my anti-air class will be the Ghost class for knocking down the air support.

I play search and destroy only so Flak looks like what I will use as well. Figure I'll be running into lots of claymores and whatnot. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think there is a speed penalty or anything.

BigBlue1974 said:

Doesn't seem like there is.

Sealda

Banned
There is always a 1-4 noobtubers in Ground War. It often spreads too, when 1 guy noobtubes another guy the noobtubed guy gets pissed and brings his noobtube after respawn. On the other hand, Team Tactical or Barebones, always very calm and nice atmosphere^^

Maffis

How is it going to work with ranked servers and admins? Isn't it possible for admins to ban for certain types of 'tactics' and weaponry, even on ranked servers?

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Loxley said:
I'm actually glad they're limiting the number of players to 24 on ranked servers, CoD4 and W@W are damn-near unplayable with 20+ people (much less 40+ on most public TDM servers) since the maps are so god damn small and were clearly built with no more than 12 players in mind. That was actually my one and only worry about picking up the PC version; chiefly I was concerned over 20+ player Wager matches :lol

Anyway, my hype for the game has reached such a fever pitch that I actually canceled my Amazon pre-order for the PC version and just said "fuck it" and grabbed the Steam version and pre-loaded it. I didn't want Tuesday to come and me to be tapping my foot waiting for the UPS guy to arrive.

*edit:

Now that I think about it, Treyarch is putting more work into making the PC version of BO a distinctly genuine version of the game than they ever did with WaW or IW did with any CoD since Call of Duty 2.

Many props are given to them for not trying to shove a direct console port down the PC audience's throats.

I'm such a child. Cancelled my Amazon order as well and I just re-pre-ordered with Best Buy with in-store pickup. I know for a fact I'd be smashing my head into the wall waiting for UPS on Tuesday. Now I'll just get up at 8:45AM and drive to Best Buy. What is wrong with me?

steadfast

h0pper said:
I'm such a child. Cancelled my Amazon order as well and I just re-pre-ordered with Best Buy with in-store pickup. I know for a fact I'd be smashing my head into the wall waiting for UPS on Tuesday. Now I'll just get up at 8:45AM and drive to Best Buy. What is wrong with me?

and pay sales tax!

cameltoe

Maffis said:
How is it going to work with ranked servers and admins? Isn't it possible for admins to ban for certain types of 'tactics' and weaponry, even on ranked servers?

No...thats what the unranked servers are for

Lionheart1827 said:
According to vonderhaars twitter, flak jacket no longer gives you a speed penalty. He also mentioned it works in hardcore as well.
2 great answers with one post. :D

I think it's going to wind up meaning that Flak Jacket is the new Stopping Power in terms of how often it's in use. The disadvantage is you lose out on the invisibility to air support, but I think that will just mean everyone will have that Anti-Air class waiting to be used.

This might even mean people actually stop running around with the launchers period because even if you fire it off and connect, you still now have to switch to another gun or back to regular fire to finish your opponent off which won't be as fast as just shooting them in the first place.

Hanmik

2hcpc15.jpg

operon

h0pper said:

Getting it midnight on the monday (UK) and taking the tuesday of work, so I understand

Blutonium

BigBlue1974 said:
2 great answers with one post. :D

I think it's going to wind up meaning that Flak Jacket is the new Stopping Power in terms of how often it's in use. The disadvantage is you lose out on the invisibility to air support, but I think that will just mean everyone will have that Anti-Air class waiting to be used.

I disagree, now that stopping power is gone (best decision ever) I don't see any real (dis)advantages in all the other perks in the tier 1 category.

I'll propably end up not using marathon, but the other 4 are equally useful to me.

operon said:
Getting it midnight on the monday (UK) and taking the tuesday of work, so I understand

In the US, but yeah, same. Had it preordered from Amazon and took Tuesday off. Then immediately thought that UPS probably wouldnt be by until later in the day, canceled, and then preordered at GS.

X26

Banned
Pre-ordered a bit earlier, unfortunately the gamestop in the mall closest to me was all out of pre-orders, so I did it at a free standing one about 10min further away, probably won't go pick it up at midnight now

Koroshi said:
Yep. We now see the first overpowered perk.

Wat.

Grenades/stickys are not at MW1 levels anymore. I suppose it'll be especially useful in objective games where people tend get their noobtubes off but there's nothing to stop people from resorting to bullets. I'd certainly not call it overpowered, more 'works as intended'.

buy teh haloz said:
You gotta be kidding me.
If we still had infinite OMA grenade launchers, then it would be one of the best perks in the game. But with grenade launchers being nerfed back to normal, there's no reason to be so resistant to explosions.

Erasus

G_Berry said:
Lamonte
is FOV changeable in the pc version?.
DavidVo
Yes it is. The last time I looked at it personally you could take it to 80.

OMG!

This shows that they really care.

Koroshi said:
If we still had infinite OMA grenade launchers, then it would be one of the best perks in the game. But with grenade launchers being nerfed back to normal, there's no reason to be so resistant to explosions.
But unless the majority of your kills are from explosives, it isn't really going to effect you that much. And it was obviously not to bad in WaW.

Top Bottom