• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Spooks

ch0mp said:
So you're the guy that's always spoiling my fun. :lol :lol
:lol There is something enjoyable about dieing as soon as you here an enemy harrier is coming and taking it out the second it arrives.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Anerythristic said:
:lol ,its an assault rifle. Why wont they put it it the AR class? IRL its also an assault rifle.

Are they letting you use it akimbo, :lol that would be awesome.

nah its a

a shortened carbine variant of the AKS-74
It's SMG size.

SoccerGoaliePro said:
Does it cost the same to preorder the hardened edition?

The guys at GS told me they aren't taking pre-orders on the Hardened edition any longer. I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering earlier.. so does anyone know where to find one?

Stallion Free said:
Very nice encode, please upload more.

I have a 6 minute video showing off a bunch of stuff including: rpg/flak jacket combo,scout perk, various new equipment, silenced and unsilenced snipers(wait til you see how shitty the new acog is), scavenger(yes it can refill lethal grenades), ak74u, and the new dive to prone maneuver. Should be up soon on either dropbox or vimeo :D

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Oops! (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

:(

Loxley

Holy crap, has anyone else come across this outstanding CoD4 PC montage? Hutch just posted it to his channel to spread it around. All of the footage is against high-level Euro CoD4 PC players in competitive matches, and apparently it took over a year to make, which isn't hard to imagine looking at the production values o_O

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
dope4goldrope said:
W@W had 13 maps and MW2 had 16 (although one was a CoD1 remake and another was an updated Counter Strike map)

Black Ops has 14 maps.

Which map was an updated Counter-Strike map? If you're trying to make the Terminal/cs_747 comparison, try again.

Loxley said:
Holy crap, has anyone else come across this outstanding CoD4 PC montage? Hutch just posted it to his channel to spread it around. All of the footage is against high-level Euro CoD4 PC players in competitive matches, and apparently it took over a year to make, which isn't hard to imagine looking at the production values o_O

Way to long and over produced. It just got to be a little much.

Love me some Seal, thanks JFK.

And you can tell how long is left on an upload with Dropbox, when its icon changes to a swirly blue icon it means it's uploading. If you hover your mouse over the icon the time remaining will pop up.

njean777

Im surprised gamestop has stopped taking pre orders for the hardened edition, i have mine all paid off but when they told me i was lucky to be able to get it (even though i pre ordered it the day it was announced). I was shocked is this edition limited or what?

njean777 said:
Im surprised gamestop has stopped taking pre orders for the hardened edition, i have mine all paid off but when they told me i was lucky to be able to get it (even though i pre ordered it the day it was announced). I was shocked is this edition limited or what?

It's been pre-sold out in Australia for months (as have the Prestige editions).

Dina

Loxley said:

Don't like the style, but the kills are nice. And against a lot of top-EU teams.

demolitio

Alienshogun said:
<3 M14/FAL
I'm with you man. I've been waiting to use the M14 for a looooonnngggg time. I hope/assume it's in BC2: Vietnam as well, but I'm really looking forward to using it in Black Ops. I just find it a lot more fun to shoot someone with a semi-auto up close when he has an automatic weapon or out-shoot snipers at long range with it. It's a perfect weapon for many roles.

I'm addicted to the M14 in SOCOM too. :D

Rainy Dog

Somnium986 said:
Yeah, the recoil is pretty bad on MP5k. Never played CoD4, but isn't the ak74u supposed to be the same from that game? Saw some gameplay on Cracked, and the user didn't look like he had much trouble. Did they tweak it for release?

Yep, the guys that have been testing the weapons on the denkirson boards say that both the MP5 and AK47u have pretty significant recoil, so similar to COD4. I'm pretty sure the AK47u's higher damage will be balanced by plenty of kick and the slowest SMG fire rate.

Looks like all the SMG's have genuine pro's and cons which is how it should be. For example, half the SMG's look to be more equivalent to machine pistols in MW2. Higher rates of fire but with smaller 20 bullet clips, and those are the only SMG's that can be akimbo'd.

Nice OP. I'm really looking forward to this, especially after being so let down by MW2's multiplayer. I quit very soon after launch; I just wasn't having fun with all the campers, knife classes, death constantly raining from the sky from killstreaks, higher ranking players having large perk advantages over lower ranks, etc. Hopefully I'll get as much fun out of Black Ops as COD4.

SmokeMaxX

Loxley said:
:lol Half of NeoGAF would rage if they got killed like this. They'd be like "no skill quick-scopers..."

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
-Pyromaniac- said:
lol I'm the guy in search and destroy that always goes to plant or disarm bombs regardless of how obvious it is we're going to lose and I'm gonna die. Unspoken heroes, friend.

I'm the exact opposite. If everyone on my team dies in the first 40 seconds I say fuck the objective I'm going hunting.

Then again I only play S&D when my friends want to and they know what they are getting with me.

Xux

Brian Fellows said:
I'm the exact opposite. If everyone on my team dies in the first 40 seconds I say fuck the objective I'm going hunting.

Then again I only play S&D when my friends want to and they know what they are getting with me.

Yeah, that happens to me, what feels like, way too often. That and people running the bomb straight to the crate or out in the open and getting killed in the first 15 seconds. And all of the quickscopers and a generally lame and griefing sub-community.

Rainy Dog said:
Yep, the guys that have been testing the weapons on the denkirson boards say that both the MP5 and AK47u have pretty significant recoil, so similar to COD4. I'm pretty sure the AK47u's higher damage will be balanced by plenty of kick and the slowest SMG fire rate.

Looks like all the SMG's have genuine pro's and cons which is how it should be. For example, half the SMG's look to be more equivalent to machine pistols in MW2. Higher rates of fire but with smaller 20 bullet clips, and those are the only SMG's that can be akimbo'd.
That sounds great. Really like how they are making an effort to balance stuff out. Especially after MW2. Can't wait to try those SMGs out.

I'm also glad to see some M14/FAL love in this thread.:lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Got done with some testing tonight. If you have the Flak Jacket perk, the only way you can directly be killed by one explosive is via being stuck with semtex or direct impacted by rpgs/noob tubes/china lake/rocket launcher. All explosive damage caused by any said explosive/device puts you somewhere close to 50% health. It still took a couple of AR rounds to put an enemy down after the explosion.

tl;dr Flack Jacket is you new lord and savior.

LeMaximilian said:
Got done with some testing tonight. If you have the Flak Jacket perk, the only way you can directly be killed by one explosive is via being stuck with semtex or direct impacted by rpgs/noob tubes/china lake/rocket launcher. All explosive damage caused by any said explosive/device puts you somewhere close to 50% health. It still took a couple of AR rounds to put an enemy down after the explosion.

Nice. Finally and answer to when the whole opposing team is a bunch of tubers.

LeMaximilian said:

So it's actually a little bit better than the WaW version?

Mik2121

Hopefully this means there are less retards with the noobtube fucking around. Seriously, that weapons is what killed MW2 for me :/ (and no, not because I suck. I think I'm fairly good at MW2 if you ask me :p)

Mik2121 said:
Hopefully this means there are less retards with the noobtube fucking around. Seriously, that weapons is what killed MW2 for me :/ (and no, not because I suck. I think I'm fairly good at MW2 if you ask me :p)
what is the noobtube anyway? A grenade launcher of some kind?..

Top Bottom