• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Dina

Have to say, it's been a good few years since I was this excited about a game. Game can't come soon enough.

Flak Jacket looks awesome. Headquarters might actually be playable again! It was my favorite mode in W@W, but it was downright unplayable in MW2 due to Danger Close and explosives.

This game looks better and better every day!

RickA238

Dina said:
Have to say, it's been a good few years since I was this excited about a game. Game can't come soon enough.

For real. I'm banking on the multi-player being incredible.

I might double dip on the game: 360 because all of my real life friends will be playing it on Live, and PC because it will be the best version and PC gaming FTW. Might be a legitimate competitive Counter-Strike replacement
who am I kidding
, depending on post-release support, etc.

I'm not sold on the Flak Jacket being overpowered, or even the go-to 1st perk. Lightweight for deathmatch and Ghost for objective games project to be in my primary builds.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Damn, flack jacket is awesome. I'm definitely rolling a class with that if claymores/launchers/noobtubes become an issue in a game, otherwise I'll probably be scavenger.

RickA238 said:
For real. I'm banking on the multi-player being incredible.

I might double dip on the game: 360 because all of my real life friends will be playing it on Live, and PC because it will be the best version and PC gaming FTW. Might be a legitimate competitive Counter-Strike replacement
who am I kidding
, depending on post-release support, etc.

I'm not sold on the Flak Jacket being overpowered, or even the go-to 1st perk. Lightweight for deathmatch and Ghost for objective games project to be in my primary builds.

Overpowered? If anything it keeps the explosion spam to a minimum, bullets will still destroy you, and for that, I'm happy as hell.

Maffis

I think the feature that I like the most in BO is that you can go for any gun you want to unlock whenever you want to. No more waiting and grinding to a certain level to get your favorite gun after a prestige :D I know some weapons are more expensive than others, but it is still pretty neat.

Maffis said:
I think the feature that I like the most in BO is that you can go for any gun you want to unlock whenever you want to. No more waiting and grinding to a certain level to get your favorite gun after a prestige :D I know some weapons are more expensive than others, but it is still pretty neat.

Not quite. Weapons still unlock at specific levels; sorry :(

Everything else unlocks all at once though!

Maffis said:
as you level up you unlock tiers of things you can buy. So you're right in saying you can choose which gun to buy, but you're wrong in saying you'll have every gun to choose from right away. But you do get to choose which you want in a specific tier.

-Pyromaniac- said:
as you level up you unlock tiers of things you can buy. So you're right in saying you can choose which gun to buy, but you're wrong in saying you'll have every gun to choose from right away. But you do get to choose which you want in a specific tier.

What I do like though is that you can now pick the attachments without grinding a weapon. That's a great improvement.

Najaf

LabouredSubterfuge said:
What I do like though is that you can now pick the attachments without grinding a weapon. That's a great improvement.

I agree. But I wish camo patterns were not all available at once. I like people being able to see a reflection of my time with a weapon. Just buying gold or whatnot seems to diminish any sort of value previously held by them despite all the boosting.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Najaf said:
I agree. But I wish camo patterns were not all available at once. I like people being able to see a reflection of my time with a weapon. Just buying gold or whatnot seems to diminish any sort of value previously held by them despite all the boosting.
I don't think all the camo patterns are available right away. I'm pretty sure to get gold you have to prestige 14 times and pay shitload of CP so you can still show off your time in the game with those. :lol

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yeah I like that too. You can pretty much save your points to get any load out you want and then just use the rest of the dough for whatever.

Najaf

RoboPlato said:
I don't think all the camo patterns are available right away. I'm pretty sure to get gold you have to prestige 14 times and pay shitload of CP so you can still show off your time in the game with those. :lol

They said in the Gamespot feature that when you unlock camo at level X, all of the camos are available right then. You just need to buy them individually.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Najaf said:
They said in the Gamespot feature that when you unlock camo at level X, all of the camos are available right then. You just need to buy them individually.
Ah, I watched that video but I guess I missed that. I guess it's just gold that's not open right away.

Najaf said:

They aren't all available. Gold specifically doesn't unlock until prestige 14.

iNvid02

edit:

that guy is a legend

not mine but some dude from PS forums got his, think mine will be here tomorrow.
anyone else got theirs yet? when you expecting it?
sshot1.png

Najaf

iNvidious01 said:
edit:

that guy is a legend

not mine but some dude from PS forums got his, think mine will be here tomorrow.
sshot1.png

Have stores gotten their shipments yet?

Nizz

Strider2K99 said:
I must be one of the few around here who still uses Frag grenades. They have their advantages over Semtex.

This is the internet we're talking about.
Semtex grenades were pretty awesome against Riot Shield users, but for the most part I used/use Frag grenades. Five more days!

Dina

-Pyromaniac- said:

So, euh, say all assault rifles unlock at lvl 10, smgs at lvl 5, pistols at lvl 20, etc? Does it work like that?

edit: well not all, except the classified weapons, but you get my point.

I kind of predicted the price war happening, it happened last year for MW2 and the year before for WAW, im going to try my best to grab a copy for cheap!

If anyone finds out which stores are garunteed to go for cheap please let me know!

Najaf

Dina said:
So, euh, say all assault rifles unlock at lvl 10, smgs at lvl 5, pistols at lvl 20, etc? Does it work like that?

edit: well not all, except the classified weapons, but you get my point.

The guy on the gamespot feature said weapons unlock like in the past with levels. They are not unlocked in groups. Once a weapon is unlocked, you can buy any attachment for it you want instantly.

bobs99 ... said:
I kind of predicted the price war happening, it happened last year for MW2 and the year before for WAW, im going to try my best to grab a copy for cheap!

If anyone finds out which stores are garunteed to go for cheap please let me know!

I think your best bet would be Morrison's or Sainsburys.

Miragith

I think I'm going to be a hypocrite and buy this for the PC even though I regretted buying MW2. Plus I love zombies!

otakuderek

that guy is a legend

XB360 version should be in my hands tomorrow morning!

Tamanon

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
So why haven't we seen any reviews of this yet? What's Activision's policy like when it comes to CoD review embargoes?

They probably have an embargo to allow a specific site or magazine first review rights.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Is a review really going to sway your opinion of the game?

No, but it's nice to see. And reviews will bring with them a tonne of other media, and all we all really want to do at the moment is watch as much of the game as we can.

Don't even think about reviews until the servers for the game go up. Not much they can review at the moment on the Multiplayer side.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Internet Celebrity said:
So why haven't we seen any reviews of this yet? What's Activision's policy like when it comes to CoD review embargoes?
It's definitely embargoed. IGN said that their review is going up at midnight PST on the 9th so I assume all of the reviews are coming on release day.

Is there a hit marker icon that appears if you hit someone with a lethal nade that has flak jacket or tactical mask (with a non-lethal nade). Cause then these perks are ok. If not then this game is going to be frustratingly random at times.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mr. B Natural said:
Is there a hit marker icon that appears if you hit someone with a lethal nade that has flak jacket or tactical mask (with a non-lethal nade). Cause then these perks are ok. If not then this game is going to be frustratingly random at times.

Just assume everyone has flak jacket, that way no one will use grenades. It's win/win!

Top Bottom