• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Stantron said:
AK74 w/ grip & rapid fire is good (I have it on one of my load outs), but in general it's hard to take anyone's recommendation on what's "beastly" when the games are so laggy. I can be beastly with the stock MP5K over any other class given the right connection advantage.

On a side note, I could be wrong, but I think that if a teammate is in the process of capturing one of your care packages, double tapping x to re-roll with Hardline Pro will not work. I dropped one, got killed, then rushed back after respawn, teammate got there a couple seconds sooner. I suppose I could have just grabbed it's contents overtaking his capture, but instead I was mashing x to get something better than a counter spy plane.

Yeah, teammates who RUSH to take my crappy packages annoy me, if they just waited a second I might have ended up with something like a Blackbird that can actually help the team.

Stantron said:
On a side note, I could be wrong, but I think that if a teammate is in the process of capturing one of your care packages, double tapping x to re-roll with Hardline Pro will not work. I dropped one, got killed, then rushed back after respawn, teammate got there a couple seconds sooner. I suppose I could have just grabbed it's contents overtaking his capture, but instead I was mashing x to get something better than a counter spy plane.

This happened to me today; I thought I was crazy.

Yeah this game is proving more frustrating the longer I play it.

What I thought were issues due to the poor pc port are proving to be issues with the game.

There have been some choices that have left me baffled in all honesty.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Yeah this game is proving more frustrating the longer I play it.

What I thought were issues due to the poor pc port are proving to be issues with the game.

There have been some choices that have left me baffled in all honesty.

Examples?

Owzers

Deadly Cyclone said:
Anyone else think the AK47 needs toned down a bit? Seems like every person that kills me is using it with a silencer.

Right now i use a FAMAS with silencer at lvl 34.....i want the ak47 :p

Alienshogun said:
It's happened to me a lot, but I thought it was lag, if this is some sort of thing they added for people that are using turbo and it's effecting me, I think it's "sensitivity" is a bit low.

Other than making the gun a total piece of shit I think its lag.

Example: Im shooting a guy in front of me, the gun fires 4 rouns, then it wont fire anymore, I hit the trigger 5 times in a row and on the fifth it actually starts firing again.

Can't be intentional can it?

Edit: Ah I see what you mean now about turbo triggers, but then i've never had any trouble with any of the pistols, eh I like the FAL but the gun is ruined at the moment.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
All I'm doing today is hanging out in the back of levels trying to shoot down air support and I'm getting more kills doing this than when I actually look for people.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
People bitching about RC-XD's just don't know what having fun is supposed to mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QACMfXGU4E

That guy deserved to get killed, oh let me sit here prone staring at one spot! Oh yeah, FUN!

Brian Fellows said:
All I'm doing today is hanging out in the back of levels trying to shoot down air support and I'm getting more kills doing this than when I actually look for people.
well yeah, they are just going to spawn in front of you!

celestial body said:
In Progress:
- Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
- Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
- Vahn also confirmed that they are working on the spawns.

Very important fixes that they have to get right, all 3 of them.
Good to hear because all of these things are keeping me from enjoying all the things that Treyarch have done right. Especially the hit detection and spawns. It's funny though, the first day black ops was great. Ever since though it has been rage inducing controller breakingly bad.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Holy shit, I dropped in-game AA and switched over to 8xAA w/4x Sparse Grid Super-Sampling for Edge AA and the game look incredible. The jungle levels look a million times better and it hasn't dropped below 30 fps. Kowloon was actually holding above 60 fps pretty much the whole time. If you have an Nvidia card go download Nvidia Inspector and check it out.

I'm definitely using this when I run through it for the intel.

Stantron

Can someone please clarify?

Steady Aim improves hip fire accuracy.
Does this make your shot as equally accurate hip firing as when aim down sights, or just better but not as good as ADS? I assume it's most affective on SMGs, right?
Does it make much of a difference on akimbo weapons?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Stantron said:
Can someone please clarify?

Steady Aim improves hip fire accuracy.
Does this make your shot as equally accurate hip firing as when aim down sights, or just better but not as good as ADS? I assume it's most affective on SMGs, right?
Does it make much of a difference on akimbo weapons?

You know those little blooming lines on the screen when you aren't in ADS? It makes those closer together, your bullets will be constrained to the inside of those lines, thus making your hip firing more accurate.

johnny_park said:
Everyone plays the game different.

yeah, bad players love getting easy kills.

**cough** RC car **cough**

Alienshogun said:
Apparently a lot of others are having the same issue with the FAL simply not firing.
cuevas wants to shoot wiggy with a FAL after reading that thread

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
People bitching about RC-XD's just don't know what having fun is supposed to mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QACMfXGU4E

Awesome, that's hilarious :lol

benny-hill-of-duty.gif

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I must say that after BFBC2 this game feels very stupid. It's stupid but addictive. By stupid I mean that people can hold all strategic points during the match and it's very hard to flush them out. So they just do it again and again and again and again. There's no such shit in BFBC2. There are no cozy campspots. So I think I might go back at some time.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
cuevas said:
well yeah, they are just going to spawn in front of you!

:lol

You'd think so the way the spawns have been but that really hasn't been the case. Kill one or two guys and the whole team starts coming for you. Its pretty easy to rack up 7 in row and call in a helicopter right over me. I probably doubled my heli kills today.

Everyone is using those effin cars though so there isn't that many spyplanes to shoot down. Only managed to get 4.

Though I notice my the recent games section is missing at least one of the game I played today. I know I had a 16-6 on Summit. I remember because I started out 16-1. Then they finally killed me again and it kept spawning us in the same back corner of the level with the entire other team right in front of us.

.nimrod

Lucentto said:
So, any major differences between the PS3 and 360 version?
If you play COD for the 60fps experience, get the 360 version. It feels like the ps3 version can't even keep 30fps in multiplayer -.-

Quite enjoying the game but the matchmaking is absolute garbage right now when it comes to connections or keeping a connection or populating lobbies, or parties, or finding games, etc, etc.

I know they are working on that stuff and it will hopefully be resolved with title updates down the line but it is still frustrating at the moment.

Raiden

Banned
Really loving this game so far, and Cod Black Ops is the first game since Rainbow Six 3 on Xbox 1 where i have a 2.00 K/D ratio.

From playing Team Deathmatch exclusively, i do not play objective games. Feels good man.

Anyone else having this problem? I think it happened to me a few times in a row, but whenever I try to join a match, it gets to the loading screen, says waiting for players, and than it kicks me out saying that it's migrating hosts. Than it kick me off the lobby.

Anyone else having this issue?

jergrah

.nimrod said:
I remember seeing an interview with David Vonderhaar where he said that no COD game has ever had skill based matchmaking and that Black Ops would be the same

edit: found something

source

Thanks for the info - that answers my question. While I agree that it's nice to get into a game quickly, I still think skill level matchmaking would be a welcomed edition. But, as is, even being outmatched right now due to very limited play time - Im still having a lot of fun.

Manus

I can't seem to use any assault rifles in this game. I keep trying them out and not liking any of them, some of them are so huge they look like LMG. I'm just going to stick to using the AK47U.

Top Bottom