• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Dresden

Skel said:
Try sucking less.

In all seriousness it may be a little cheap, but the pro version makes it the absolute best 3rd perk, and if you're not using it you're just hurting yourself.

As to not being able to kill people in SC, that perk has been there since MW1, so 4 years now. If you're not able to cope with it by now, then you deserve to be killed by it.
It is cheap. It's also awesome, fun, and fosters teamwork. Fuck yeah.

Then I have to reload and they kill me with one pistol shot to the foot.
Not a single gun in the game requires you to unload every bullet into the enemy to kill. Nor is it as simple as shooting you once in the foot.

IN PROGRESS
· Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
· Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
· Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
· Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart

· Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
· Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
· Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
· Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
· Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions
· Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
· Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
· Additional online security enhancements
· Prevention of a rare issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances
Can't wait for these. Matchmaking can take up to 15mins right now for me.

Brian Fellows said:
Two fucking turrets disappear right in front of my FUCKING EYES!

Then the next level I accidentally start with the wrong class and get to knife a turret.
You didn't deserve Ghost Pro.
Advance_Alarm said:
But they aren't dead. Change the way you play to fit the game instead of QQ'ing.
NO U.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
cdyhybrid said:
Second Chance would be fine if I didn't have to unload my entire clip into their chest to kill them. Then I have to reload and they kill me with one pistol shot to the foot.

You don't. You just have to stop shooting for half a second and put one into their chest. How do people not know this?

Somnium986 said:
You didn't deserve Ghost Pro.

Absolutely right.

Najaf

cdyhybrid said:
Second Chance would be fine if I didn't have to unload my entire clip into their chest to kill them. Then I have to reload and they kill me with one pistol shot to the foot.

A person in second chance has 1 point of health left. Any damage to the player will kill them.

cdyhybrid said:

That's exactly how I feel. I always have to empty the entire clip anyways-and then when they go into Second Chance, I'm empty.

Tkawsome said:
Here's something that's not really a spoiler, but I'll tag it just in case since it's sort of fun to figure out on your own.

So you're able to leave your chair in the main menu. After you get up you're able to access a computer, I'm pretty sure it's how you unlock the third zombie game. Any tips on what to do? The text on the screen is really hard to read.

Oh, and you can also play Zork. Maybe this is all common knowledge, but I haven't heard anyone talk about it yet.
Type 'doa' for Dead Ops arcade
Type 'zork' to play Zork

Yeah it's awesome but a little hard to read sometimes.

cdyhybrid said:

Jesus fucking Christ. What the hell happens to people that drop into Second Chance that makes them turn into Robin Hood with a damn pistol? I never had a real problem with Last Stand in MW2, but when assholes drop into Second Chance in CoDBlOps, I think I end up losing near half the showdowns. It's like suddenly their bullets are drawn to my temple like fat people to a Taco Bell.

Dresden

MDavis360 said:
That's exactly how I feel. I always have to empty the entire clip anyways-and then when they go into Second Chance, I'm empty.
Maybe you guys need to learn how to stop firing. It's not hard, guys.

I can understand people complaining about second chance when lag screws you over or when you're sniping and you get your kills stolen because of it, but complaining that you have to reload is asinine. Hell, just toss a flashbang at them.

Spookie

Man why the fuck do people want to play hardcore? Everyone I know has now migrated to a new server running this game mode and now Black Ops is about as fun as punching my self in the balls every 5 seconds.

:(

aristotle said:
No problem. I just found the codes on gamefaqs.com otherwise I wouldn't have known about them either. The two games you talked about are fine to use the codes for though. It's the other ones that will deny you achievements/trophies.

The only one that unlocked after beating the SP was Five. I unlocked arcade from the computer, unless there's another way to do it.

Anyway, I'm playing it now and it's awesome.

Najaf

MDavis360 said:

You should learn to aim a little more. The maximum number of shots it takes to kill from any gun in the game is five. That is anywhere on the body too. If you have no ammo when they drop to second chance, the perk is not the problem.

Brian Fellows said:
You don't. You just have to stop shooting for half a second and put one into their chest. How do people not know this?

I didn't use last/final stand in the other CODs. I like this one Pro I like being revived and in other games that have a medic class, I'm ususally the medic.

What I love about last stand is the players that come up with creative ways to kill you while your in it. I laugh when they bean me directly with a grenade or walk all the way around to kill me from a different vantage point. Its great fun if you are not super serious.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I just realized something.

BbVWK.jpg

aristotle

Tkawsome said:
The only one that unlocked after beating the SP was Five. I unlocked arcade from the computer, unless there's another way to do it.

Anyway, I'm playing it now and it's awesome.

As far as I know, that's the only way to play the game. I wish after you entered the code it popped in the Main Menu to select it. Either way it's tons of fun.

Is there a way to kill the gorilla?
I haven't played it much so I have no idea. I haven't seen anyone mention that.

Najaf said:
You should learn to aim a little more. The maximum number of shots it takes to kill from any gun in the game is five. That is anywhere on the body too. If you have no ammo when they drop to second chance, the perk is not the problem.
Last Stand/Second Chance has always had invincible frames when they're transitioning to it, no? I don't find it a problem, but there have been those rare times when I finished off the few bullets I had left into said frames. Then I just switch to my pistol.

The thing I find most annoying is the crawl. I mean it's awesome you can crawl, but usually I'm moving so when I'm down to Second Chance I'll be moving and my gun will be down. :\

aristotle said:
As far as I know, that's the only way to play the game. I wish after you entered the code it popped in the Main Menu to select it. Either way it's tons of fun.

Is there a way to kill the gorilla?
I haven't played it much so I have no idea. I haven't seen anyone mention that.

It does. :)

Not sure about the gorilla I wasn't able to kill him either, he just runs away

Skel said:
Try sucking less.

In all seriousness it may be a little cheap, but the pro version makes it the absolute best 3rd perk, and if you're not using it you're just hurting yourself.

As to not being able to kill people in SC, that perk has been there since MW1, so 4 years now. If you're not able to cope with it by now, then you deserve to be killed by it.
Naw, last stand has been cheap since cod4. And for the guy who said if you are running out of ammo when you put them down you are doing something wrong, its annoying when you are dealing with more than 1 enemy.

Kyoufu said:
It was a joke in COD4. This is the first game where I've even been killed by it before.

Disagree, I used it in COD4 and almost always killed the man who brought me down.

I haven't used it since though because I'm not a huge fan, that could always change though...

Kyoufu said:
It was a joke in COD4. This is the first game where I've even been killed by it before.
I've only been killed by them if someone else put them down and I don't see them. I hate having to finish them off before I can move on to the next guy, its like juggernaut.

I like to run and gun, rarely staying in one place for too long, so Last Stand Pro is perfect for me - I can't count the number of times I've been saved by that perk and conversely can't count the number of times someone has died trying to save me. It is awesome taking someone out from a distance and then letting them stay alive in Last Stand, waiting for the inevitable team mate to come and help them - kind of like the sniper in Full Metal Jacket.

Najaf said:

You're right. It's latency.

aesop said:
Are you referring to the ESRB? Because that is not a government agency.

Yup my bad, im from the uk and know that in the uk at least it is law for a game to carry an age certificate so its at least backed by the government.

God I turn into a metalist when I play wager matchs
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ! FUCK YOU AND YOUR AXE JESUS ILL KILL YOU!!"

3 matchs I was top then some ass chimp throws a hatchet at me and drops me to last with 20 seconds to go, I felt pure distilled rage!

I think ill avoid it for now haha

aristotle

Johnlenham said:
God I turn into a metalist when I play wager matchs
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ! FUCK YOU AND YOUR AXE JESUS ILL KILL YOU!!"

3 matchs I was top then some ass chimp throws a hatchet at me and drops me to last with 20 seconds to go, I felt pure distilled rage!

I think ill avoid it for now haha

Man I felt the same way. It seems that every wager match I was either 1 or 2 for the entire thing then I get killed once and when I respawn I'm down to 6th place. I felt really gyped most of the time and now that I got my 5 in the money, I'm done with those modes. If they would just remove the melee from every mode but sticks and stones, I would love it. When playing a gun game and I get knocked down to 6th place by actually trying to use my weapon (the whole point of the game mode!) with one or two kills against me from knifers, then I will forever hate those modes. I was most looking forward to the wager matches, but as it stands now it just pisses me off more than any cheap shit that was in MW2.

The M.O.B

I need to upload me defending the flag from 3 guys while in second chance mode :D

For those you don't like it, just make sure you double tap each time, you deserve to get shot if ya don't. :)

I unlocked my Ghost Pro last night in such a great way. Maybe just by luck of the draw I'd never encountered any Sentry Guns in a game yet. I was playing a Domination match and made my way over to the C flag that the enemy had. I moved through a building and I had Hacker(Pro which wouldn't have made a difference) on and could see the bright red of the sentry gun sitting outside the building guarding the entrance to the stairs leading up to C.

I had the biggest grin as I ran up to it and finally got Ghost Pro. I'm almost tempted to use the Sentry Gun killstreak just to make some other peoples days!

BigBlue1974 said:
I unlocked my Ghost Pro last night in such a great way. Maybe just by luck of the draw I'd never encountered any Sentry Guns in a game yet. I was playing a Domination match and made my way over to the C flag that the enemy had. I moved through a building and I had Hacker(Pro which wouldn't have made a difference) on and could see the bright red of the sentry gun sitting outside the building guarding the entrance to the stairs leading up to C.

I had the biggest grin as I ran up to it and finally got Ghost Pro. I'm almost tempted to use the Sentry Gun killstreak just to make some other peoples days!
I'll never get this Pro Perk. Bots don't use sentries. =(

aristotle said:
Man I felt the same way. It seems that every wager match I was either 1 or 2 for the entire thing then I get killed once and when I respawn I'm down to 6th place. I felt really gyped most of the time and now that I got my 5 in the money, I'm done with those modes. If they would just remove the melee from every mode but sticks and stones, I would love it. When playing a gun game and I get knocked down to 6th place by actually trying to use my weapon (the whole point of the game mode!) with one or two kills against me from knifers, then I will forever hate those modes. I was most looking forward to the wager matches, but as it stands now it just pisses me off more than any cheap shit that was in MW2.
I try not to take the wager matches seriously. When I do play them it's usually with a party of friends. Always have the most fun in those modes. Can't imagine forking over 5,000+cp for a mode like, sticks and stones.Knifing can get annoying though. Never be THIS guy.:lol

aristotle

Somnium986 said:
I try not to take the wager matches seriously. When I do play them it's usually with a party of friends. Always have the most fun in those modes. Can't imagine forking over 5,000+cp for a mode like, sticks and stones.Knifing can get annoying though. Never be THIS guy.:lol

Playing with a group of friends would be fun though. Playing against a bunch of randoms when I just want to get the stupid trophy? Idiotic and it makes me rage like a moronic gorilla. It made me into an idiot douchelord :(

That guy should be killed by everyone constantly. Screw fighting each other, gang up on him. :lol

BigBlue1974 said:

I did the same thing yesterday. I was shocked to see an enemy sentry gun, and then thrilled when I realized I was running a Ghost build.

luoapp said:
You can unlock pro perks in combat training?

Yeah you can, although I suppose it's a lot harder with some than with others. I'm sure there are a couple that are impossible to unlock there just because it's only TDM and FFA.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Neuromancer said:
Black Ops dude is Alex Mason

Close though

It's close enough to be ridiculous.

Can't wait for Black Ops 2 where you play as Desmond Mills.

Xux

aristotle said:
I wish there was a way that the rocket launch notified you better when it was time to escape. I don't hear any sirens or anything and then suddenly everything gets all heat wavey and I die in a fire. I hate it when I'm trying to protect an objective.

Listen for the clamps unclamping. They only unclamp when the rocket's gonna take off.

aristotle

Xux said:
Listen for the clamps unclamping. They only unclamp when the rocket's gonna take off.

Hmm I never knew that. Is it really audible or does it sometimes get drowned out by the engine starting up and the rumble from it?

Top Bottom