• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

RJNavarrete said:
I need more layers...

FcIyg.jpg

:D
Do you have a tutorial for that?

Xux

aristotle said:
Hmm I never knew that. Is it really audible or does it sometimes get drowned out by the engine starting up and the rumble from it?

They're pretty loud. I don't know if it matters if you're near it or not on whether or not they get drowned out by the engines.

aristotle

Xux said:
They're pretty loud. I don't know if it matters if you're near it or not on whether or not they get drowned out by the engines.

Ok cool. Thanks :)

I never even knew they made a sound so I never looked out for it before.

Great SMB Ghost and Super Meat Boy emblems :)

I have a great idea for mine so I'll make it and show people tonight.

If someone can come up with a good Sonic the Hedghog emblem I would pay to learn how to copy. :D

Im going to try myself, but I suck :(

I would pay in love.

Jrmint

cdyhybrid said:
Second Chance would be fine if I didn't have to unload my entire clip into their chest to kill them. Then I have to reload and they kill me with one pistol shot to the foot.
Lol wow that isn't how it is at all.

You reload after you down them because it is habit, not bc you don't have 1 bullet left to kill them.

It takes 4-5 shots from the M1911 to kill someone when in Second Chance if they have full health.

PatzCU

I made a companion cube using the entire space as the 'cube' but it looks like a tiny bit of the rightmost edge of the box gets cut off when viewing the player tag in pregame lobby. Has anyone else noticed this?

Best ive come up is a octopus with shades and a top hat rolling a die :lol

Stupid theatre wont link to my xbox profile with my crazy sniper kill :(

Having a purely James Bond class is so much fun. Killing people in cheeky ways never gets old, im going for Hacker pro, and C4 and decoy nades are amazing, I throw C4 on a wall, throw a decoy and let people go in and blow em up, so much funnier than just using claymores and camping. :lol

Such a evil way to play the game, and ill stop after 10 more kills, but I never though this could be so much fun. :lol

EDIT: Just to clarify, I know im still camping, but I barely kill anyone and go negative every game doing this, once I get my Hacker pro ill recover my K/D ratio, till then ill have fun suprising people.

Hurray it worked :D
Sniper clip

Such a mad amount of spam, shame I had to butcher it into under 30 secs, even at full speed I couldn't fit the 3 kills before it (including the stealing of the gun) and the 3 after it!

mcrae

aristotle said:
ugh I never once even thought of playing that game mode. Derp! Thanks for making me realize my stupidity.

HQ is an amazing point fest. Especially if you run the map and shut down the opposing team. I and some other randoms did that for like 5 games straight before I backed out because it was too easy. I went from level 42 to 47 in those games alone. I'll post some short clips later when I get access to my console.

I'll try to make them hidden from lurkers due to me not wanting to run into someone like me :D I can just hide the urls in a tag quote like in the "free to a good home" thread right? I've never done it before.

lol what?
you dont want lurkers to know your psn/live id? what are they going to do that gaf wouldnt? not like they can search you out in game?

aristotle

mcrae said:
lol what?
you dont want lurkers to know your psn/live id? what are they going to do that gaf wouldnt? not like they can search you out in game?

No I don't want them to know the tactics I'm going to show. When the clip gets rendered you'll see why. It'll be a few more hours. I'm still stuck at work :(

Edit: I should also add that my FL is full and I try my best to keep my PSN out of any forum these days. If I can, it'll be blurred on the video but I'm not sure if I can hide it. Either way, the video will hopefully only be viewable by members only. Now we just need the swank jackets to wear ;)

Spruchy

aristotle said:
No I don't want them to know the tactics I'm going to show. When the clip gets rendered you'll see why. It'll be a few more hours. I'm still stuck at work :(

Spoiler: Any 'tactic' you've created is either a) not very good or b) already known.

mcrae

aristotle said:

Edit: I should also add that my FL is full and I try my best to keep my PSN out of any forum these days. If I can, it'll be blurred on the video but I'm not sure if I can hide it. Either way, the video will hopefully only be viewable by members only. Now we just need the swank jackets to wear ;)

ahhh. seems pretty futile but hey if it makes you feel better lol

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Quick question, do us PC players get the 4 zombie maps from WaW?

Also I am loving the hell out of this game! Such a breath of fresh air compared to MW2. Finally I get killed by something other than an explosive.

Dresden

Spruchy said:
Spoiler: Any 'tactic' you've created is either a) not very good or b) already known.
Pretty much. :lol But if it is something novel, and game breaking, then you'd want it known as much as possible so they actually fix it.

TacticalFox88 said:
WTF! There is literally no excuse for this game not to have dedicated servers. Activision has more than enough money. Jesus Christ.

What console games have dedicated servers? - I assume you are talking about console since there are PC dedicated servers.

Stantron

TacticalFox88 said:
WTF! There is literally no excuse for this game not to have dedicated servers. Activision has more than enough money. Jesus Christ.
Have you seen the instruction manual?

Alienshogun said:
Uhg, this lag really needs fixed.
Seriously. I should really stop playing until it gets better, but I can't. >_<

NIN90

TacticalFox88 said:

As much as I'm a pro-dedicated server guy on the PC, I have to admit that dedicated servers just aren't feasible for the massive amount of console players the CoD games garner especially near launch.

cuevas said:
What console games have dedicated servers? - I assume you are talking about console since there are PC dedicated servers.

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 both had dedicated servers for the 360 versions. Gears of War 3 is going to have dedicated servers. They added dedicated server support to Gears of War 2 in the last patch.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 both had dedicated servers for the 360 versions. Gears of War 3 is going to have dedicated servers. They added dedicated server support to Gears of War 2 in the last patch.

Two series having it doesn't make it a standard. But yeah, playing blops on-host makes it insane. I guess I don't notice host in halo because its not so twitchy.

Ive gone out of my way to get both Hacker and Ghost Pro today, sadly I doubt ill never use either. :lol

What does hacker pro actually let you hack? Ive hacked an enemy care package and motion sensor before (right behind an enemy). :lol I assume it will let me hack Camera spikes aswell, but what about turrets?

Ghost Pro seems useful, but my ability to reroll care packages is just too good for me, im still like 15 aircraft kills of getting it, but that doesnt seem too hard. That knifing a turret challenge was a hassle by the way, first match I tried I got a turret, gave it to the enemy who never even bothered even using it! it took so many games to get that, but im glad I got it today.

All in all these challenges have forced me to play in a very campy playstyle today, I hope it doesnt become an ingrained habit. If anything ive learned how easy it is to camp in this game today. :/

cuevas said:
Two series having it doesn't make it a standard. But yeah, playing blops on-host makes it insane. I guess I don't notice host in halo because its not so twitchy.

...I never said it makes it a standard. You asked a question. I answered a question.

luoapp said:
You can unlock pro perks in combat training?

Wait, wait, wait. I thought if you unlocked stuff in combat training or leveled up it only stayed in combat training and didn't carry over player matches. Are you saying I can rape some bots in combat training and cheese my way to pro perks then have those same pro perks unlocked in regular matchmaking?

Max

I am not Max
GillianSeed79 said:
Wait, wait, wait. I thought if you unlocked stuff in combat training or leveled up it only stayed in combat training and didn't carry over player matches. Are you saying I can rape some bots in combat training and cheese my way to pro perks then have those same pro perks unlocked in regular matchmaking?
Whatever you do in combat training stays in combat training.

I just had a thought, if I use hacker pro and hardline pro at the same time, could I literally reroll a enemys carepackage and then turn it into a bomb, how awesome does that sound, I just wish more people used Care package. :lol

aristotle

Ok for some reason theater mode only captures TDM, Domination or Wager matches for me. The tactics I used that I mentioned I did in HQ. I'll do the same thing tonight and have a video soon I hope.

Also for those "hurr hurr you ain't smert" or "you didt come up wif it yerself!" I know this. Please read my posts next time before trying to come in here acting all cocky like I think I'm the shit or I found out something no one else did. It has already been discussed in here, but a lot of people probably missed it which is a good thing.

Treyarch already know of the "exploit" and are supposedly working to fix it. I don't want the average lurker to see the videos easily because if it gets wide spread enough, it would definitely make the game completely un-fun. Hell I hated to even play because it was too easy for me.

With all of that being said, hopefully I'll have something to actually show too.

nbraun80

bobs99 ... said:
I just had a thought, if I use hacker pro and hardline pro at the same time, could I literally reroll a enemys carepackage and then turn it into a bomb, how awesome does that sound, I just wish more people used Care package. :lol
yes, you can. I've done it a few times, and it's awesome...ha

aristotle said:
Ok for some reason theater mode only captures TDM, Domination or Wager matches for me. The tactics I used that I mentioned I did in HQ. I'll do the same thing tonight and have a video soon I hope.

Also for those "hurr hurr you ain't smert" or "you didt come up wif it yerself!" I know this. Please read my posts next time before trying to come in here acting all cocky like I think I'm the shit or I found out something no one else did. It has already been discussed in here, but a lot of people probably missed it which is a good thing.

Treyarch already know of the "exploit" and are supposedly working to fix it. I don't want the average lurker to see the videos easily because if it gets wide spread enough, it would definitely make the game completely un-fun. Hell I hated to even play because it was too easy for me.
With all of that being said, hopefully I'll have something to actually show too.

Do me a favour then... dont post the videos. Even if you posted that on a tiny forum, it would spread like wildfire if its as bad as you make out. If Treyarch know of it then let them fix it then show us, but dont show us now, I dont want a month of the game sucking. Seriously, if Treyarch already know about the issue, highlighting it on forums aint gonna help anyone.

Even if only members can see, look how fast this thread moves, theres a ton of members here, who would probably pass the knowledge onto lurkers.

Wickerman

bobs99 ... said:
Ive gone out of my way to get both Hacker and Ghost Pro today, sadly I doubt ill never use either. :lol

What does hacker pro actually let you hack? Ive hacked an enemy care package and motion sensor before (right behind an enemy). :lol I assume it will let me hack Camera spikes aswell, but what about turrets?

Hack claymores, sentry guns, care packages, and SAM Turrets. It's very useful.

Spooks

sweetfish said:
Gave the emblem creator a try tonight, hgnh, need more layers! :lol

UC4NX.png
:lol awesome

I was actually thinking about trying to make this... or one of the mooninites from ATHF. Need more layers though :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
i love hacker pro :D

got a chopper gunner from stealing an enemies care package and its explosion got me 2 kills which helped get me attack dogs

after i sent out the dogs i used my chopper gunner so either the enemy had to run like hell from the dogs or be shot down by me :lol :lol

edit:this was on core tdm btw

bobs99 ... said:
Having a purely James Bond class is so much fun. Killing people in cheeky ways never gets old, im going for Hacker pro, and C4 and decoy nades are amazing, I throw C4 on a wall, throw a decoy and let people go in and blow em up, so much funnier than just using claymores and camping. :lol

Such a evil way to play the game, and ill stop after 10 more kills, but I never though this could be so much fun. :lol

EDIT: Just to clarify, I know im still camping, but I barely kill anyone and go negative every game doing this, once I get my Hacker pro ill recover my K/D ratio, till then ill have fun suprising people.

:lol That's awesome. Decoys are amazing.

Has anyone else noticed players outside of the confines of the map? My team got a spy plane on Firing Range, and right outside the map boundaries there were two people moving about and although I heard sniper fire when I investigated the area, no one actually hit me. Hope this game doesn't become a glitch/exploit-fest (ugh, flashbacks to the later days of Perfect Dark Zero before Halo 3 came along).

Also, I'm sick of matchmaking - this'll probably be the last multiplayer FPS I buy for console, because I'm so sick of matchmaking throwing me into lag-fests. What I wouldn't give for a damn server list, the ability to host my own games, with the weapon sets and map rotation I want. *sigh* If Perfect Dark Zero could do it (as well as simple matchmaking) right at the very start of this generation, then there should be no reason a game released almost 6 years later can't.

Top Bottom