• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Max

I am not Max
subversus said:
[IG]http://galyonkin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/bl14-600x398.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://galyonkin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/bl12-600x398.jpg[/IMG]
of course

Stantron

BO_screenshot.jpg

I really hate this lag, especially when stuff like this happens.

M_A_C

Just wanted to say that after getting to level 34 on Xbox, I picked this up for PC and it's badass. Looks great in real 1080p 60 fps and the mouse movement is great. Also it's nice to have the server browser for low pings and speed. That is all.

Victrix

*beard*
The party matchmaking and host selection is unbelievably godawful

I have yet to successfully get a 4+ person party into a match without 15-30 minutes of trying. Usually we just give up and the extras who didn't make it in have to join in progress and play on the opposite team half the time.

And then when we DO get in a game, I've never played so many matches with a 3 bar ping and horribly stupid lag deaths occuring constantly. This is on a 25/25 fios connect.

Otherwise, the game is great! :|

Hopefully they patch this up soon, but god it's frustrating.

My first RC-XD rejection:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Richm96?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/tbYqqqCdlO8

How're you guys doing all that editing in engine?

Also, I faced a torrent of abuse last night for being host. My connection was apparently ruining this guy's game, so he said that he was going to find out where I lived and abuse my mother most vulgarly. Then said something about cutting my genitals after staying for another match.Obviously the first thing you do when you have a bad connection is stay for another round. After his party had left, we played another game on Jungle (which I dislike btw) and lost to the other team.

The moral of the story? The host doesn't always win, some guys are just bad and angry..

Mik2121

I just downloaded the 1.03 update. Anyone knows what it does?

Also this last match I played has been great. I got two double kills with RC-XD! Before I used to get only 1 kill each time, but getting two or three kills feels so damn good :_)

Hanmik

Played Gungame on PS3. Not many persons use headset on PS3, let alone in Wager Matches. So I was pleasently surprised that this one kid had a headset in a Wager match and used it. Here is a short recap of him speaking Befor and during the match... (remember he was the ONLY one with a headset turned on)

(before the game)
- ahh this map. I am very confident that I will win this one.
(The game starts)
- Yes I spawned here.. good times are coming to you all.
- HA first kill.. I will rule this game.
- Second kill.. this weapon rules.
- WTF..? how did you knife me ..?
- Hmm.. back on track I´m going to rule this map.
- ARGHHHH... stop that shit..
- COME ON NOW.. stop KILLING ME..
- WTF is wrong with you guys..?
- STOP it or I´m going to hack you.
- I warned you, I will hack all your accounts now..
- *"*"*#*"#*#*Ø"*Ø*#*
- STOP KILLING ME...!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He quits.. silence again.. :lol

SmokeMaxX

360 Update did this:
# 11/17 (full title update)
# · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
# · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
# · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
# · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
# · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
# · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
# · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
# · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
# · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
# · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
# · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
# · Additional online security enhancements

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
And for the PS3....

# 11/17 (full title update)
# · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
# · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
# · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
# · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
# · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
# · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
# · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
# · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
# · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
# · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
# · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
# · Additional online security enhancements
# · Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends

I wasn't expecting that update before friday ;o
Testing now...

Edit: 30 seconds to find a match (up to 15mins before). it works!
edit 2: on 360 btw

Mik2121

Uhm, I just got disconnected twice due to connection errors and on my third try it said

"Notice

The party is no longer active"

Even though I'm not playing with a party.

Hopefully the 4th time...

edit - 4th time it went smooth. Playing now.

spiderman123 said:
i am tired of ppl quitting half way through a game till one fucker is left. All the fucking time this is happening to me.

I recently got matched on a team of 3 against 5. Dunno why the game decided not to do 4 vs 4. We started getting killed, natch. And then the other two people on my team quit.

I quickly tried to get in a few matches in merc tdm which always use to take forever and I got in really fast like 4 times in a row. I'll try the party stuff this evening when I get home to see if that's been improved.

I've not played for about 4 days but until they do something about the terrible spawning system (no matter how good they make it sound, it's still shit) i'll be laying blops to rest even longer.

Hanmik

From someone on the official forums

- Tomahawk now doesn't bounce and instead will imbed itself into walls and floors.
- AK-74u damage reduced by one bullet at all ranges
- MP5k damage reduced by one bullet at close range
- G11 damage reduced by one bullet at all ranges
- Nova Gas now drains health 25% slower
- AK-74u accuracy changed to that of the MPL
- Crossbow normal bolts are now available in multiplayer
- Fixes to the matchmaking system (ps3 and pc)

haha... is he making stuff up..?
HE IS.. I know.. but do you know.. :D

I'll be curious to hear feedback about the patch while Im at work today. Last night I just had to quit. Went and played some Assassin's Creed 2 since I just purchased Brotherhood. It was another night of my guns shooting marshmellows, only for the person Im shooting at realizes this, gets angry that someone is shooting them with marshmellows, takes a moment to find out where this marshmellow bandit is attacking from, and fires off one inaccurate shot from a silenced SMG from 100 yards away killing me. Getting the jump on someone in this game is absolutely the WORST THING YOU CAN DO! :lol

If the patch doesn't do much, that'll give Ezio and I time to get to know one another.

.nimrod

I just tried my first fun-class :D

Stakeout + Grip
Crossbow
Tomahawk
Concussion
C4

Scavenger
Sleight of Hand
Marathon
and it's the most fun i've had in my 19h of playtime so far
a2aLs.png

TheApatheticOne said:
It was another night of my guns shooting marshmellows, only for the person Im shooting at realizes this, gets angry that someone is shooting them with marshmellows, takes a moment to find out where this marshmellow bandit is attacking from, and fires off one inaccurate shot from a silenced SMG from 100 yards away killing me. Getting the jump on someone in this game is absolutely the WORST THING YOU CAN DO! :lol

:lol @ marshmellow bandit. Perfect explanation. If I'm creeping up on someone, I won't shoot them unless I'm sure I can land at least 3 solid hit markers before they can turn around and shoot me once with an LMG aimed from the hip.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
As someone who reached a decent level on MW2 and spent like 12 Full days on it or something, I find this a lot harder to get into. It feels different and less accessible and it feels like the people who have played it loads have a higher advantage than those just starting.

I've always argued that on MW2 every starting loadout/weapon is just as useable as all the later weapons, they just require a different skillset or style of play to master. This doesn't feel the case with BO. I feel at a disadvantage to guys who have earnt more COD points and have spent it on cool stuff or perhaps spent theirs better instead of squandering them.

I also played a level where the other team just seemed to camp out in an area and made it real difficult for the other team to approach as we were coming from narrow alleys and their visibility was just massively superior to ours.

I haven't taken the same time to master the maps and everything yet but so far I don't really feel like I have as much incentive to bother.

Is everyone loving it then? Any tips on getting over the "this is not MW2, start again" syndrome?

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
so when trying to get into a game (on ps3) does anyone else's game freeze on the loading map screen? cos its happened to me twice tonight and i'm wondering whether its my ps3 dying or the game.

kaizoku said:
Is everyone loving it then? Any tips on getting over the "this is not MW2, start again" syndrome?

Despite all the network and lag issues, it's a blast. Much, much more balanced than MW2. Once you learn the maps, as with anything, you'll be significantly better.

Pro Perks are bullshit, but I've unlocked all the guns and most of all the pro perks, and I'm still using the default M16. Great gun. Just buy the AK-74-u if you want to run with an SMG. Also, the default Olympia shottie ain't half bad either.

kaizoku said:
As someone who reached a decent level on MW2 and spent like 12 Full days on it or something, I find this a lot harder to get into. It feels different and less accessible and it feels like the people who have played it loads have a higher advantage than those just starting.

I've always argued that on MW2 every starting loadout/weapon is just as useable as all the later weapons, they just require a different skillset or style of play to master. This doesn't feel the case with BO. I feel at a disadvantage to guys who have earnt more COD points and have spent it on cool stuff or perhaps spent theirs better instead of squandering them.

I also played a level where the other team just seemed to camp out in an area and made it real difficult for the other team to approach as we were coming from narrow alleys and their visibility was just massively superior to ours.

I haven't taken the same time to master the maps and everything yet but so far I don't really feel like I have as much incentive to bother.

It definitely feels different than MW 2 and I'm someone who likes MW 2 a lot and put in a ton of hours on it. It's basically a tweaked version of MW 2 conceptually. It's slightly slower with a few balance changes to get rid of some of the more annoying aspects of MW 2. I would say put in some more time. Once you get a few baseline guns you feel really comfortable with (famas, ak-74u, stoner, etc) it starts to click. I think the early learning curve is slightly more steep than MW 2 especially coming from MW 2. That's not to say its perfect of course. No game is. But its pretty addicting once you learn the maps.

aku:jiki

Was about to write a post about how I'm ready to go back to MW2 and CoD4 until they fix all the shit, but the patch coming out is glorious news. :D

I'm really worried that the bullet lag will stay unchanged though. Don't think the matchmaking is the problem there. Hopefully I'm wrong! I'm a tac inserter so I don't care about the broken spawns, nor does it really matter to me that it takes us 20 minutes to find a game (as I'm a laptop guy and I'm just getting work done when that happens anyway)... Bullet lag is the big one for me. If that's still the same, I think I'm still switching to MW2. Really never thought I'd say that. :(

bobs99 ... said:
What does hacker pro actually let you hack? Ive hacked an enemy care package and motion sensor before (right behind an enemy). :lol I assume it will let me hack Camera spikes aswell, but what about turrets?
Does Hacker (Pro) hide you from the motion sensor? Does anything? I've been wondering about the motion sensor and camera spike, but don't really use Hacker yet. Can they be countered?

I've recently made the switch to rolling with Flak Jacket all the time myself. It makes the game a much better experience, when you're not dying from RC's every 20 fucking seconds. :D

Wonderhair said:
During development, we had the spawns running with a low error rate. 98 to 99% of the time for most maps (small maps like Nuketown are an exception) when you spawned you were not killed or injured or able to injure someone within 3 seconds of spawning. The game was instrumented and we were logging this. Our spawn debug tools are the best they have ever been, so I'm disappointed and want to see if we can sort this out.
Feels like Mr. Wonderhair doesn't really get it, doesn't it? "Not being killed or killing anyone within 3 seconds" does not sound like a great "golden rule" for spawns to me.

Running into the entire enemy team charging your location within 4 seconds of spawning isn't any more fun than spawning right in front of a guy...

MarshMellow96 said:
Obviously the first thing you do when you have a bad connection is stay for another round. After his party had left
Be fair, man! You said it yourself; they were a party and parties don't have it easy in BO. They didn't leave because they didn't want to spend another 35 minutes getting "party no longer active" and "game session no longer available."

littleornothin

Neo Member
i_am_ben said:
so when trying to get into a game (on ps3) does anyone else's game freeze on the loading map screen? cos its happened to me twice tonight and i'm wondering whether its my ps3 dying or the game.

Happened a couple of times for me. But always after a new host is selected.

Mik2121

I'm with another 4 friends and after the patch it still takes a long while to get into a game (it took us some 15 mins of people dropping, etc..)

And we just joined a game that's a laggy hell..

Hanmik

Mik2121 said:
I'm with another 4 friends and after the patch it still takes a long while to get into a game (it took us some 15 mins of people dropping, etc..)

And we just joined a game that's a laggy hell..

playing on X360, PC,PS3 or Wii..?

because if the PS3 version is still laggy and party system still doesn´t work, I´m switching to some other game..

.nimrod

FUUUUUUU, i just had an awesome match and of course the host migration fails and the match doesn't come up in my recent games list >:|

aku:jiki said:
Does Hacker (Pro) hide you from the motion sensor?
Yeah, it does.

Top Bottom