• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

SonOfABeep said:
Honestly - If I fire half a clip at a guy, die, then the "WHAT REALLY HAPPENED" killcam comes up and says that I never pulled the trigger randomly, why the fuck am I even playing this game online?

It feels totally random that you will win a face to face gunfight, sometimes their bullets won't register, sometimes yours won't. Awesome! might as well be a slot machine game!

I have to think that is another issue but not as widespread or people just think it's lag, I've ran into it several times as well. Shoot the guy and no hit markers yet he kills you just fine.

Just played 4 hours straight of MP on 360. So good. Best it's ever been since launch. My party of 6 were finding games immediately and the games were smooth as silk. Patch #1 is A++.

Now all they have to do is fix the spawning system (they've already indentified the problem with it) and this game is officially a winner.

Keikaku

hamchan said:
I'd say BO is much better than MW2, on PC and 360 at least.

Better than COD4 when that came out? I don't know.

Performance wise, in no way, shape or form is BO better than MW2. The gameplay mechanics of multiplayer are certainly improved but BO performs terribly on PC in any respect, but especially multiplayer.

Played around a bit with the shotgun this evening. The Spas. That's a fun class. You have to play it very careful and hug alot of corners and its more suited for certain specific maps but its damn fun running around and hip firing and blasting people with it. I think somebody mentioned earlier that it needed a buff but I think its pretty good as is. Sometimes it takes multiple shots but hell you can fire that thing really quickly and you get like 8 shots.

aristotle

RJNavarrete said:
I think I found a glitch. I'm second prestige, level 16, and I just unlocked having my emblem on my guns... but I can also put my clan tag on my gun, which has a lock on it and is supposed to be "unlocked at level 19"

?

:lol

What system? I'm exactly one level above you on prestige. I wasn't able to do that to my gun. PS3 here.

kuYuri

I'm no sniper, but I gotta say, the first map pack should have at least two maps good for sniping. What little sniping skills I have, I can't let it degrade, I need my practice.

WaW Map Pack 3 was something that addressed that when people felt not enough sniper maps were being added in WaW map packs.

R2D4

Banned
zero margin said:
I have to think that is another issue but not as widespread or people just think it's lag, I've ran into it several times as well. Shoot the guy and no hit markers yet he kills you just fine.

It's been that way since COD4.

Strider2K99 said:
I'm no sniper, but I gotta say, the first map pack should have at least two maps good for sniping. What little sniping skills I have, I can't let it degrade, I need my practice.

WaW Map Pack 3 was something that addressed that when people felt not enough sniper maps were being added in WaW map packs.

I think some more sniper friendly maps would help but unnerfing sniping as it is now would be the biggest help.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Pancho said:
So seriously how can you upload your COD vids on youtube?
Sign up on the COD site, link your YouTube account and then render the clip you want. It should be added to your YouTube account and your COD account.

Kyoufu said:
I don't feel like getting QS'd though!

That's the problem of why sniping is broken now. People don't like to get killed by snipers so Treyarch over-reacted a bit. But sniper rifles are in the game. It's a part of the game. And a legitimate strategy. They shouldn't be decimated just because people don't like to get sniped.

Note I'm avoiding the specific argument about quick scoping which is a separate debate. I don't have a problem with quick scoping. But even if Treyarch wanted to remove quick scoping the current fix is not the right way to do it. Because they've gimped sniping even for non quick scopers. Which is why hardly anyone does it anymore.

Magik

This fucking game is bullshit on PSN.

If it isn't the shitty netcode, its the choppy framerate or its the piss poor spawn system.

Fuck.

bobs99 ... said:
It seems like a toss up, ive had a LOT of teammates literally run right past me ignoring me, even when it was totally safe to revive me, and on the other hand ive had team mates making a beeline to save me. So its pot luck really, I bet that in about 6 months when most people stop with the ranking up it will be a lot less common to be revived though.

Im tempted to use Hacker pro instead, but only because it provides funny situations, hacking motion sensors and cameras seems to confuse people. Hacking care packages is the best, but I die a lot running at the red shiny things I can hack, so I avoid using the perk. :lol

Haha shit that reminded me of a team-mate I was playing with the other night. He gets put into second chance and I kill his attacker. I leave him there (forgot about him) and setup my motion sensor behind me and start watching (camping) where the have been coming from. As I'm ADS'ing I see my team mate desperately bum shuffling into my view. I quickly revive him and apologize on the mic - he obviously wasn't using a mic as he didn't reply or ask for help.

My point though - is that it's highly likely that people still have an issue getting used to he concept of reviving. Even with the revive marker it is still dangerous to do so, and you're often distracted enough to not even care whether a teammate has been knocked down.

hamchan

Keikaku said:
Performance wise, in no way, shape or form is BO better than MW2. The gameplay mechanics of multiplayer are certainly improved but BO performs terribly on PC in any respect, but especially multiplayer.
I'm extremely sour on MW2 PC and Infinity Ward for taking out dedicated servers.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Just played 4 hours straight of MP on 360. So good. Best it's ever been since launch. My party of 6 were finding games immediately and the games were smooth as silk. Patch #1 is A++.

Now all they have to do is fix the spawning system (they've already indentified the problem with it) and this game is officially a winner.
I wish the patch was good for me. Lag seems worse and I'm getting put in games where I have two bars.

Prepatch I'd be at 3-4 bars and I'd at least have a chance with 3 bars. Now 3 bars might as well be one bar. Both sessions I've played today I've been put in overseas matches despite having "locale only" search parameters. Unacceptable.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Vahn just confirmed Patch #2 will restrict Hardline Pro to just Care Packages.

Good call. It was a bit cheap to be able to do it to the others. I better whore it for now until its patched :D .

While I like MW 2 my biggest complaint with it was IW's unwillingness to change things. They just seemed deadset on the game remaining nearly the exact same as it shipped design wise instead of re-evaluating things once it was out in the community. I'm sure them imploding and losing most of their staff didn't help but still. I really like how Treyarch is more open minded about this stuff.

AnEternalEnigma said:

Bravo treyarch. They're fixing more (and less serious) shit in the first two weeks of black ops release than infinity ward managed in 12 months. Awesome. Can't wait for the spawn fix and to get home and set up the now useful ninja perk on a few of my classes

Dresden

Kyoufu said:
I don't feel like getting QS'd though!
So long as sleight of hand pro doesn't apply to sniper rifles, you won't be. Unless you count slowly zooming in up close to take a potshot as quickscoping.

Yeah, they definitely need to make more sniper friendly maps for Map Pack 1. My biggest disappointment over WaW is the maps. I mean they're great but I loved the scale and openness of a lot of WaW's maps, which made semi auto and bolt action rifles shine. If they bring back WaW maps like they brought back CoD4 maps hopefully its maps like Roundhouse and Outskirts. Or battery, but since it's part of Map Pack 3...not happening.

Dresden

Yeah, I love reviving people. I wish I got revived as much as I revive (I revive five people for every time I get revived, it seems), but it's still a cool perk. Getting called a pussy as you dominate them is a bonus.

Nabs

Linkzg said:
regarding the PC version multiplayer, uh, do they not know what fov is or is this a bug? the only thing that changes is your perception of the gun model.

Max said:
Bug. A really lame bug.

the fov works, you just have to respawn before it takes effect.

LIVE FIXES FOR NOVEMBER 18, 2010:

· Improvements to the spawn system to resolve an issue where negative spawn influencers from specific game events were not always being deleted after the danger had cleared – in some matches, this was causing good spawns to be erroneously flagged by the game as bad spawns, which in turn forced actual bad spawns to get selected later in the match
· Experimental slight reduction in knife lunge range – this is a trial change
· Prevention of 15th Prestige glitching – trying to prestige from Combat Training will reset your stats but not give you prestige. You are also risking having your account permanently banned.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
canadian crowe said:
Does anybody revive in this game? I feel like I revive people constantly, but nobody does the same for me.
Last time I saw some teammate on the ground waiting to be revived, I pumped a clip into him. Only bitches use last stand and I don't tolerate bitches on my team.

Dresden

Stallion Free said:
Last time I saw some teammate on the ground waiting to be revived, I pumped a clip into him. Only bitches use last stand and I don't tolerate bitches on my team.
You guys are such bitches. :lol

NYR

Stallion Free said:
Post of the thread, for sure!!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
AnEternalEnigma said:

which means? wasnt it always just cp, or did they remove the 2 kills for killstreak instead of 3

Top Bottom