• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

VaLiancY

The maps are a little bit more tighter but I can see some spots that snipers can take advantage off, there are few on Hanoi, Launch and Array. The thing is their obvious spots. Sniping is still easy since chest shots are OHK.

Edit - Not easy, a bad choice of words. You have to put some effort into it this time.

Smokey

Najaf said:
My FFA killstreaks are Blackbird, Chopper Gunner, Dogs. Once I hit the Blackbird, it's game over. Last night was my first 30-0. Usually my matches are around 30-5.

Isn't Blackbird made redundant with Chopper Gunner though? When you're in the gunner everyone shows up as red anyway.

GhostRidah said:
Yup out of all my games I have been killed two times by sniper rifles, nerf was to hard but not only that, I think that maps are way to small for snipers the way they want snipers to play currently.

I essentially posted this earlier. All you have to so is look at your stats and the proof is in the pudding. Sniping has been over-nerfed. You never get killed by them anymore. In fact I feel sorry for a sniper when I go against them because its such easy pickings.

The good thing is Treyarch seems at least somewhat open to modifications there if you read their twitter account.

Najaf

Smokey said:
Isn't Blackbird made redundant with Chopper Gunner though? When you're in the gunner everyone shows up as red anyway.

Getting the blackbird virtually guarantees the 3 more kills needed for dogs. I never call in my controllable streaks until I earn them all or die. So, the blackbird goes up, one more kill for chopper gun is a breeze. Two more after that to earn dogs. I call in the dogs, let them go hunting, then when they are done I call in the chopper gunner to end the game.

Edit: Why did divisionbyzorro get banned?

eek5

I probably kill as many people launching RC cars as I get killed by them. It is so noisy you can usually trace the direction it was coming from and end someone's streak at 2 or 3 easily :lol

eek5 said:
I probably kill as many people launching RC cars as I get killed by them. It is so noisy you can usually trace the direction it was coming from and end someone's streak at 2 or 3 easily :lol

Not to mention they are usually camped in some corner on the edges of the map controlling it. They provide me a lot of free kills. :D

I will say those little fuckers (the cars) are hard to hit if they are moving at top speed and you don't have the right gun.

From Treyarch in upcoming patch #2:

Improvements to the spawn system to resolve an issue where negative spawn influencers from specific game events were not always being deleted after the danger had cleared – in some matches, this was causing good spawns to be erroneously flagged by the game as bad spawns, which in turn forced actual bad spawns to get selected later in the match.

snap0212

KPunk said:
agreed, i seriously dont understand why people still constantly reference that game. Black Ops is far better in every way possible.
People reference it, because it seems like Modern Warfare 2 was/is a better game than Black Ops. At least from a technical standpoint. While we definitely had problems when Modern Warfare 2 launched and we (probably) all experienced the infamous Javelin-Glitch and have had problems with the party-system, most of the problems everyone had/has with Modern Warfare 2 were caused by bad ideas from Infinity Ward. Treyarch had some great ideas for Black Ops, but the execution just happens to be not too good. I don’t care if there’s (currently) no Javelin-Glitch when my game runs at about 25 frames per second on my system. I get kicked out of games all the times, the lag is horrible, the hit detection needs to be improved… there are just a lot of things wrong with this game.

Infinity Ward had shitty ideas that were executed perfectly. Treyarch had great ideas that were poorly executed.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
snap0212 said:
People reference it, because it seems like Modern Warfare 2 was/is a better game than Black Ops. At least from a technical standpoint. While we definitely had problems when Modern Warfare 2 launched and we (probably) all experienced the infamous Javelin-Glitch and have had problems with the party-system, most of the problems everyone had/has with Modern Warfare 2 were caused by bad ideas from Infinity Ward. Treyarch had some great ideas for Black Ops, but the execution just happens to be not too good. I don’t care if there’s (currently) no Javelin-Glitch when my game runs at about 25 frames per second on my system. I get kicked out of games all the times, the lag is horrible, the hit detection needs to be improved… there are just a lot of things wrong with this game.

Infinity Ward had shitty ideas that were executed perfectly. Treyarch had great ideas that were poorly executed.

Perfectly executed my ass. MW and MW2 had a shitty few weeks after launch just like Black Ops.

snap0212

NinjaFridge said:
Perfectly executed my ass. MW and MW2 had a shitty few weeks after launch just like Black Ops.
I've never, ever had frame-rate problems in Modern Warfare 1/2. I've never had problems with the hit detection, either. Sure, we had glitches, but Infinity Ward probably did not release the game just waiting for someone to find the Javelin-Glitch, for example. Treyarch knew about the horrible framerate on the PS3 before they released the game.

Sorry, but saying Black Ops is better than MW2 in every way possible is just wrong. Don't give them that kind of credit when they've released a buggy PS3 version. I don't know about the PC, but my PS3 version still has a horrible frame-rate when I'm playing online.

hamchan

snap0212 said:

and that's why Black Ops is better than MW2. The technical issues with Black Ops can be fixed, the game design issues in MW2 will be broken forever.

snap0212 said:
I've never, ever had frame-rate problems in Modern Warfare 1/2. I've never had problems with the hit detection, either. Sure, we had glitches, but Infinity Ward probably did not release the game just waiting for someone to find the Javelin-Glitch, for example. Treyarch knew about the horrible framerate on the PS3 before they released the game.

Don't even bother. It's impossible for Black Ops fanboys to accept that their game has problems without resorting to bashing MW2. Any little nitpick that you can find with Black Ops will result in the clever retort of "bu-bu-but MW2!" even if your complaint had nothing to due with MW2 in the first place.

I imagine its the inferiority complex that happens when you back a second-rate, B-team developer.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jack Scofield said:
Don't even bother. It's impossible for Black Ops fanboys to accept that their game has problems without resorting to bashing MW2. Any little nitpick that you can find with Black Ops will result in the clever retort of "bu-bu-but MW2!" even if your complaint had nothing to due with MW2 in the first place.

I imagine its the inferiority complex that happens when you back a second-rate, B-team developer.
Aren't you the guy that hasn't even played Black Ops? Of course people are going to compare it to the last entry into the game series. That's the point of a sequel. I didn't really care for Treyarch's entries into the CoD series but I'm loving Black Ops. The feel of it and the way the game works are much more in line with what I've been looking for in a CoD game lately. I really like a lot of the ideas.

Lunchbox

Banned
Jack Scofield said:

get wrecked blop kids

he just released chopper gunner on your asses.......... and your playing in NUKE TOWN

snap0212

hamchan said:
and that's why Black Ops is better than MW2. The technical issues with Black Ops can be fixed, the game design issues in MW2 will be broken forever.
I'm not saying that there won't be any changes in the future, but the game currently is still broken (at least on the PS3). It may be great in the future, but it currently definitely is not better than MW2 in "every way possible". Because "every way" means every way. As long as Modern Warfare 2 still runs better, has the better hit detection and less laggy gameplay than Black Ops, Black Ops is not better in every way. I can become a game that is better in every way possible, sure. It currently just isn't.

Jack Scofield said:

And with this its time for me to check out until people are done shitting up the thread.

hamchan

snap0212 said:
I'm not saying that there won't be any changes in the future, but the game currently is still broken (at least on the PS3). It may be great in the future, but it currently definitely is not better than MW2 in "every way possible". Because "every way" means every way. As long as Modern Warfare 2 still runs better, has the better hit detection and less laggy gameplay than Black Ops, Black Ops is not better in every way. I can become a game that is better in every way possible, sure. It currently just isn't.

Oh yep I agree with you there. I felt the pain of technical issues on the first few days too (PC version) but the first patch seemed to fix all my issues, so for me the game is currently much better than MW. I hope the PS3 version gets fixed soon, that it even can be fixed. Really sucks for a whole chunk of players to be missing out.

Eric WK

Jack Scofield said:

:lol

Take a look at this guy.

snap0212

hamchan said:
Oh yep I agree with you there. I felt the pain of technical issues on the first few days too (PC version) but the first patch seemed to fix all my issues, so for me the game is currently much better than MW. I hope the PS3 version gets fixed soon, that it even can be fixed. Really sucks for a whole chunk of players to be missing out.
:) I'm just waiting for the issues to be fixed to play more. I really want to play more, because everything feels so balanced compared to MW2, but every time I start a match I get kicked out of the game due to connection problems, have horrible lag or stuff like that. Just no fun at all. :(

Lunchbox

Banned
hamchan said:
I hope the PS3 version gets fixed soon, that it even can be fixed. Really sucks for a whole chunk of players to be missing out.

how are they gonna fix framerate and fuzzy resolution with a patch?

one of my friends has the ps3 version and he absolutely hates it. he only has a ps3 so he cant get the 360 one either. he's fucked, and guess what treyarch fucked him. think about that next time you go buh buh buh MW2 !! atleast mw2 ran well on his system of choice. for people like him Mw2 will always be better than this game

Weenerz

Banned
greenjerk said:
Anyone care to post their fav weapons/perks/killstreaks for close quarters, long range, assault, objective modes, etc.?

Primary - G11
Secondary - Crossbow

Perk #1 - Scavenger Pro
Perk #2 - Warlord Pro
Perk #3 - Marathon Pro

Killstreak #1 - RC-XD
Killstreak #2 - Mortar Strike
Killstreak #3 - Chopper Gunner.

Jack Scofield said:

Oh my

Aggrotek

greenjerk said:
Anyone care to post their fav weapons/perks/killstreaks for close quarters, long range, assault, objective modes, etc.?
Primary - Stoner 63 (Reflex Sight)
Secondary - RPG

Perk #1 - Scavenger Pro
Perk #2 - Sleight of Hand Pro
Perk #3 - Hacker Pro

Killstreak #1 - Spy Plane
Killstreak #2 - Napalm Strike
Killstreak #3 - Rolling Thunder

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
greenjerk said:

Short range

Flak Jacket pro

Warlord Pro

Hacker Pro

MPL

Anti Air rockets, Gas, and Sticky

Long range

Flak Jacket pro

Warlord Pro

Hacker Pro

M14/Enfield/FN FAL

Anti Air rockets, Gas, and Sticky

Lunchbox said:

one of my friends has the ps3 version and he absolutely hates it. he only has a ps3 so he cant get the 360 one either. he's fucked, and guess what treyarch fucked him. think about that next time you go buh buh buh MW2 !! atleast mw2 ran well on his system of choice. for people like him Mw2 will always be better than this game

Makes me sad to think of someone buying Black Ops and then having to go back to that bullshit.

greenjerk said:
Primary- FAMAS w/silencer
Secondary- M72 LAW
Perk 1- Flak Jacket
Perk 2- Slight of Hand
Perk 3- Hacker

Killstreaks- Spy Plane
Napalm Strike
Blackbird

Pretty decent all round class.

gibration

greenjerk said:
Primary - Famas w/ Silencer
Secondary - Makarov (I think) w/ Upgraded Iron Sights

Perk #1 - Lightweight Pro
Perk #3 - Ninja (Don't have pro yet)

Killstreak #2 - Napalm Strike
Killstreak #3 - Attack Helicopter

Keikaku

Bumblebeetuna said:
Makes me sad to think of someone buying Black Ops and then having to go back to that bullshit.

What's bullshit is that Treyarch released a fundamentally broken game on 2 systems. The PS3 and PC versions were stripped-down, apparently untested, altogether awful versions of the 360 game.

EDIT: I just got a refund for this game from Steam, but my experience after purchase was less than good. Maybe MW2 has more bullshit than this game, but at least it runs well.

Lunchbox said:

lol PS3

greenjerk said:

Ground War:
G11
RPG

Scavenger
Warlord (for the extra nades)
Hacker

Napalm Strike
Rolling Thunder
Attack Dags

S&D:
AK47 (Silencer, Red Dot)
RPG

Ghost
Warlord
Hacker

RC-XD
Napalm Strike
Sentry Gun

Najaf

greenjerk said:

Short range:

Galil, extended mag
Hardline Pro
Slight of Hand Pro
Last Stand Pro

Medium Range:

Galil, extended mag
Hardline Pro
Slight of Hand Pro
Last Stand Pro

Long Range:

Fal, extended mag
Hardline Pro
Slight of Hand Pro
Last Stand Pro

All:
Blackbird
Chopper Gun
Dogs

Objectives:

AK74U, extended mags
Lightweight
Slight of Hand
Marathon

Spy plane
Black bird
Chopper Gun

Smokey

greenjerk said:

I posted mine earlier but I'll do it again. My FFA loadout:

Primary - AK-47 w/ Extended Mag OR Commando
Secondary - Python w/ Speed Reloader attachment

Perk #1 - Hardline
Perk #3 - Second Chance Pro

Killstreak #2 - Counter-Spy Plane
Killstreak #3 - Turret

If you want to dominate and win games until you get bored go with this layout.

Neuromancer said:
He sounds like an idiot but starts to make a good point. Saying "well this thing in mw2 was worse than this in Blops so its fine" isn't acceptable.

And yes, RC cars are cheap. If you have fun with it fine I'm not going to tell you how to play but don't act like its skillful.

test_account

XP-39C²
Lunchbox said:

Not sure about the resolution, but framerate should be fixable through a patch. MAG got more smooth framerate in the 2.00 patch because they reworked something in the game's graphical engine or something. So it should be possible :) If Treyarch will do it (or if they know how to do it) is another question though.

EDIT: Come to think of it, for all that i know there might be some techincal stuff that makes it "impossible" to fix the framerate in Black Ops PS3 version. So i shall not say that it is possible for sure to fix it. But in general, i think that most code can be fixed through patching somehow.

snap0212

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
30tgpjq4fum.jpg

Played for awhile with a party tonight and it seemed to work a lot better. I can't say its completely fixed on that front as I didn't play long enough but I certainly had my best experiences playing with others tonight and it didn't constantly break up the party.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Worst game ever. 12 deaths , 1 kill. Jesus Christ, that was a disaster.

Nizz

test_account said:
Not sure about the resolution, but framerate should be fixable through a patch. MAG got more smooth framerate in the 2.00 patch because they reworked something in the game's graphical engine or something. So it should be possible :) If Treyarch will do it (or if they know how to do it) is another question though.

EDIT: Come to think of it, for all that i know there might be some techincal stuff that makes it "impossible" to fix the framerate in Black Ops PS3 version. So i shall not say that it is possible for sure to fix it. But in general, i think that most code can be fixed through patching somehow.
I really hope so. Like I said before, I like some of the changes Treyarch have made to the MP. It's too bad the PS3 version's framerate gets so choppy. :(

If anyone from Treyarch reads this, please for the love of god put Steam friends on the same team (PC version). As it is now it seems like the opposite, we played like 10 matches the other day and we got put on the same team only twice. Ridiculous. I don't mind it occasionally, but this is sad.

Top Bottom