• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Bishman

I just got Black Ops. Should I just go straight online for the multiplayer or play the campaign? Just to let everyone know, I have only played like MW2 likes 3-4 times. :lol

jkanownik

Primary: Galil w/ Suppressor & Red Dot Sight
Secondary: Strela

Perk 1: Ghost
Perk 2: Warlord
Perk 3: Hacker

Lethal Grenade: Semtex
Tactical grenade: Decoy
Equipment: Claymore

I will never switch off of Warlord because I need to have both the suppressor and the satisfaction of knowing that my enemies see my vision blocked by a big red heart when I kill them.

Weenerz

Banned
Bishman said:
I just got Black Ops. Should I just go straight online for the multiplayer or play the campaign? Just to let everyone know, I have only played like MW2 likes 3-4 times. :lol

Black Ops has a single player???? :D

kr2t0s

I don't really play CoD at all - but even I know the history/drama of IW vs. Treyarch. Is the pendulum starting to swing? Is treyarch making better CoD games than IW these days?

Weenerz

Banned
kr2t0s said:
I don't really play CoD at all - but even I know the history/drama of IW vs. Treyarch. Is the pendulum starting to swing? Is treyarch making better CoD games than IW these days?

Black Ops MP is quite a bit better than MW2, the pc version at least. Dedicated servers and lean are just nice and I love Treyarch for it.

kr2t0s said:
I would say yes both based on their single player campaigns and their multiplayer offerings.

snap0212

kr2t0s said:
Seems like the people who are making the decisions are a bit smarter than the guys at Infinity Ward. The programers, however, are way worse.

I hate how you can only save 6 videos, seems like a massive oversight, why not allow us to save videos locally? Theatre mode is kinda useless considering how limited it is.

Really, really tired of both the lag and spawn issues this game has.

9/10 killcams do not match with what I was doing in the last second or two of the battle. Of course I didn't duck behind that wall. Of course I didn't fire that burst of automatic fire. Of course I didn't swing my knife.

And I feel like I should have a 10 second timer running to check behind me if someone from the other team has spawned behind me so I can avoid being shot in the back.

I like the game, I just wish it worked. It's almost broken right now. I had such a better experience with every other Call of Duty game and Halo Reach. Kinda wanting to go buy MW2 again until this settles down or gets fixed.

Lunchbox

Banned
kr2t0s said:

if you have a 360, meh, depends on who you ask

if you dont, HELL NOOOOOO

SonOfABeep said:
Really, really tired of both the lag and spawn issues this game has.

9/10 killcams do not match with what I was doing in the last second or two of the battle. Of course I didn't duck behind that wall. Of course I didn't fire that burst of automatic fire. Of course I didn't swing my knife.

And I feel like I should have a 10 second timer running to check behind me if someone from the other team has spawned behind me so I can avoid being shot in the back.

I like the game, I just wish it worked. It's almost broken right now. I had such a better experience with every other Call of Duty game and Halo Reach. Kinda wanting to go buy MW2 again until this settles down or gets fixed.

I dislike shooting someone then having to wait for a few seconds to see if he comes running around the corner again just to kill me as he knows right where the fuck I am. Spawn him across the map please. Hell spawn him on another fucking map, pisses me off to no end to lose a killstreak to that stuff.

The killcams look like shit in this game yes, not all but about half look like ass and not even close to the target.

hamchan

kr2t0s said:

I'd say BO is much better than MW2, on PC and 360 at least.

Better than COD4 when that came out? I don't know.

zero margin said:
I dislike shooting someone then having to wait for a few seconds to see if he comes running around the corner again just to kill me as he knows right where the fuck I am. Spawn him across the map please. Hell spawn him on another fucking map, pisses me off to no end to lose a killstreak to that stuff.

The killcams look like shit in this game yes, not all but about half look like ass and not even close to the target.

Sometimes the way this game plays I feel like they could be populating half the matches with bots with random gamertag sounding names and no one would notice because the shit feels so predetermined and not dynamic that it's hard to tell you're even playing with real people.

zero margin said:

For real. Just got a kill and the guy spawned a few feet behind me. Sigh.

SonOfABeep said:
Sometimes the way this game plays I feel like they could be populating half the matches with bots with random gamertag sounding names and no one would notice because the shit feels so predetermined and not dynamic that it's hard to tell you're even playing with real people.

The game is really sterile feeling. Also, the maps are really bland and don't have any flow.

EDIT - I DO like the game a lot though don't get me wrong.

zero margin said:
The game is really sterile feeling. Also, the maps are really bland and don't have any flow.

EDIT - I DO like the game a lot though don't get me wrong.

Honestly - If I fire half a clip at a guy, die, then the "WHAT REALLY HAPPENED" killcam comes up and says that I never pulled the trigger randomly, why the fuck am I even playing this game online?

It feels totally random that you will win a face to face gunfight, sometimes their bullets won't register, sometimes yours won't. Awesome! might as well be a slot machine game!

canadian crowe said:
Does anybody revive in this game? I feel like I revive people constantly, but nobody does the same for me.

It seems like a toss up, ive had a LOT of teammates literally run right past me ignoring me, even when it was totally safe to revive me, and on the other hand ive had team mates making a beeline to save me. So its pot luck really, I bet that in about 6 months when most people stop with the ranking up it will be a lot less common to be revived though.

Im tempted to use Hacker pro instead, but only because it provides funny situations, hacking motion sensors and cameras seems to confuse people. Hacking care packages is the best, but I die a lot running at the red shiny things I can hack, so I avoid using the perk. :lol

canadian crowe said:
Does anybody revive in this game? I feel like I revive people constantly, but nobody does the same for me.

Naw, I don't like people who use last stand. Maybe if teamwork mattered in this game I would.

dwin45

The patch has really helped with the lag so that's nice. I hope they patch the M4/FAL jamming thing. Has anyone else experienced this? Like you'll hit R1 multiple times and it won't fire for some reason.

Lunchbox

Banned
canadian crowe said:

ill teabag you if i see you lying there with revive on your head

last stand users = low life

Sushen

OMG, the lag is as bad as people said it is... I just tried the MP for the first time and everyone is skipping around while according to the connection bar, it's full bars. M16 was next to useless as it seems hit detection is all over the places; 3 to 4 burst into the chest won't bring down the enemies. Only chance I had was spray and praying with SMG...

regarding the PC version multiplayer, uh, do they not know what fov is or is this a bug? the only thing that changes is your perception of the gun model.

ZZMitch

Linkzg said:
regarding the PC version multiplayer, uh, do they not know what fov is or is this a bug? the only thing that changes is your perception of the gun model.

Really? I just set it to the highest without thinking.

Lunchbox said:
ill teabag you if i see you lying there with revive on your head

last stand users = low life

I don't care what setup you use, but I can guarantee that at least one of your perks or equipment choices pisses someone off, so why get your panties in a bunch just because others are using last stand? Especially when reviving them elicits XP points for you and helps your team by robbing the opposition of a kill.

Lunchbox

Banned
Bootaaay said:
by robbing the opposition of a kill.
you answered your question

its cheap, i killed you. hit x and respawn 5 feet behind me and knife or whatever. why do you deserve to get back up WHEN YOU LOST.

Bootaaay said:
I don't care what setup you use, but I can guarantee that at least one of your perks or equipment choices pisses someone off, so why get your panties in a bunch just because others are using last stand? Especially when reviving them elicits XP points for you and helps your team by robbing the opposition of a kill.

I'd lose a match 74-75 if it meant the last stander died.

SUPARSTARX

Which weapon is the best of each category? Or is it balanced enough to want to make several classes and different combinations for different maps?

J-Rzez

The M.O.B said:
Highlight of the night?

I call in for an airstrike, I get killed, I respawn right where I called the airstrike at...... :(

Once again, that's the "charm" of CoD that everyone loves.

Lunchbox said:
why do you deserve to get back up WHEN YOU LOST.

Because you didn't have the foresight to double tap and finish me off? It's a freaking perk, and no less cheap than the perk that improves bullet penetration, allowing you to kill someone quicker than would normally be possible. Personally I encounter loads of players using last stand and have no trouble putting them out of their misery before a team mate can save them (or, use them as bait and kill both when the team mate tries to make the save :lol).

Max

I am not Max
Linkzg said:
Bug. A really lame bug.

I think I found a glitch. I'm second prestige, level 16, and I just unlocked having my emblem on my guns... but I can also put my clan tag on my gun, which has a lock on it and is supposed to be "unlocked at level 19"

?

:lol

Top Bottom