• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Xux

RJNavarrete said:
I think I found a glitch. I'm second prestige, level 16, and I just unlocked having my emblem on my guns... but I can also put my clan tag on my gun, which has a lock on it and is supposed to be "unlocked at level 19"

?

:lol

I think it carries over if you'd bought it for that gun on a previous prestige.

greenjerk said:
Anyone care to post their fav weapons/perks/killstreaks for close quarters, long range, assault, objective modes, etc.?

Close Range:
PM63+Grip
M1911+Extended Mags
Scavenger
Steady Aim
Hacker

Also pretty close range:
RPK+Extended Mags
Makarov+Extended Mags
Flak Jacket
Sleight of Hand
Hacker

i_am_ben said:
so whats everyone's favourite game type?

Headquarters. Uses most of the map and takes some coordination most of the time.

Akim

Banned
kitch9 said:
A great, a whining, screaming, munter, banging on about how he died ONCE, for 2 fucking minutes, in a game where you'll die a dozen times in that length of time...

Calm down bro, I'm pretty sure it's a joke video.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is the care package glitch still happening? I just saw dozens of sentry guns and choppers and whatnot. Either way, I'm one step closer to Ghost Pro so I ain't complaining.

Nelo Ice

Banned
damn my team taking my freaking sentry guns!

i keep purposely throwing it into enemy spawns so i can destroy it to get ghost pro but they keep clearing them out and taking it instead :lol

They must have fixed something in that patch. Every single game played last night felt exactly how it should. No lag, no bullet lag, just some fuck awesome games.

I did however get knifed a few times when I wasn't even on the guys screen! The hell is with that?

I've uploaded a ridiculous vid of it but it doesn't turn up on Youtube?

Nelo Ice

Banned
buy teh haloz said:
Seems spawns are much better as well.

they seemed worse to me...well at least right after i dled the patch
played some hardcore tdm and i died at least 10 times due to either spawning in someones crosshair or the guy spawning directly behind me

Finally destroyed a sentry gun! Only 10 more spy planes down for ghost pro! Also unlocked the PM63 and the thing is a beast, in 3 games it has become my favourite smg, even without attachments (ran out of points... xD). I also did some carnage with the MAC-11 with rapid-fire, it's one kill/one reload, but nothing beats it in close quarters...

kuYuri

Ugh, ran into people who are clearly in a party (and share clan tag) helping each other win in a Gun Game match. Treyarch, having parties for public Wager Matches is a bad idea just because of that.

On the bright side, just finished a Nuketown match in which opposing team rarely spawned behind us.

firehawk12 said:
Is the care package glitch still happening? I just saw dozens of sentry guns and choppers and whatnot. Either way, I'm one step closer to Ghost Pro so I ain't complaining.

It was fixed last I checked.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Game connectivity, matchmaking, host choice and overall play feels great now. With the recent news about them addressing the spawn issues, we could possibly have the greatest COD ever.

Thanks for responding quick Treyarch!

Lv 40 4th Prestige, KD around 3.46 or so at the moment

cuevas said:
People who use last stand just get annoying because they are usually bad and the stupid message comes up to revive them way too often.
It's fucking useless most of the time. It's much better to die fast and respawn fast.

Xux said:
Close Range:
PM63+Grip
M1911+Extended Mags
Scavenger
Steady Aim
Hacker

I think there's no need for grip on that gun, it barely has any recoil on its own. I'd rather go with extended mags or extended mags+rapid fire with warlord (haven't tried that yet but it should rape!).

Dresden

molekiller said:
I think there's no need for grip on that gun, it barely has any recoil on its own. I'd rather go with extended mags or extended mags+rapid fire with warlord (haven't tried that yet but it should rape!).
I don't think you can use extended mags with rapid fire.

aku:jiki

I think at this point, the bullet lag discussion really comes down to everyone's playstyle. I don't want to imply that I'm a beast or anything (I break even in most games), but I aim high and run a 8-9-11 killstreak in Black Ops and the beloved 7-11-25 in MW2. I at least attempt to get a killstreak going every life I play. I aggressively rush, spawn lock and cut off chokepoints deep in their territory, almost always with a tac somewhere in their turf. I almost never spend time in our half of the map.

Again; doesn't mean that I'm a beast, but it means that I'm in constantly in the thick of it and I'm constantly trying to kill 8 guys in a row. If you're the kind of player who hangs back with a warlorded assault rifle because you can't get by without your red dot and who feels more than happy with care packages, then that's cool and more power to you, but of course you'll be less annoyed by a bullshit death than I will. It's just common sense.

Bootaaay said:
Because you didn't have the foresight to double tap and finish me off? It's a freaking perk, and no less cheap than the perk that improves bullet penetration, allowing you to kill someone quicker than would normally be possible. Personally I encounter loads of players using last stand and have no trouble putting them out of their misery before a team mate can save them (or, use them as bait and kill both when the team mate tries to make the save :lol).
Bullet penetration doesn't work unless the guy is actually behind cover, and then you're not killing them faster than normal. You're killing them as fast as normal, just through cover.

The problem with Last Stand is not the person who is actually in it and actually uses the perk, it's how he ruins the flow for the other player. When you put 5 in their chest, they're supposed to drop and you should be able to clear your head for the next encounter. Last Stand totally ruins all of that, by changing the time to kill and forcing you to wildly improvise your manouvering to avoid the Python spam you will suddenly come under, causing you to lose your orientation for a split second and putting you at more risk with the next guy than a normal encounter would've.

Really don't understand how GAF doesn't understand this. It's immediately obvious when you play that this is the problem. We don't care that you take 5 more bullets, it's that you fuck us up for the next guy. Really simple.

(They had the chance to fix this when they added the whole thing about how your perks determine what your model looks like, but they didn't realize that Second Chance needs that so much more than, like, Scavenger. If you could see that the guy has SC and prep for it, there would be much less of a problem.)

Linkzg said:
regarding the PC version multiplayer, uh, do they not know what fov is or is this a bug? the only thing that changes is your perception of the gun model.
I'm not a PC player so I don't really know what FOV is, but I've seen many people report that BO just moves or scales the gun, yeah. What is FOV supposed to be?

Started the Single Player.

Pacing makes no sens, as usual with CoD games. Level design is terrible for now, but I'm not here to talk about this.

But about writting. Treyarch need to fire the guy writting russian scenarios. After WaW and the Reznov in Black Ops, it feels like the man writting russian lines is a Stalinist's propaganda fan or something.

Also, for now, everything feels so odd and out of place. They are in a jeep casualy talking and then a plane crash (wait, they were driving on a plane runaway ?) Same for the Soyouz 2 mission, they pop a Valkyrie out of nowhere ?

(but I loved how they didn't sub the russian lines, feels more badass to understand them while most players in the world don't)

SmokeMaxX

aku:jiki said:
Bullet penetration doesn't work unless the guy is actually behind cover, and then you're not killing them faster than normal. You're killing them as fast as normal, just through cover.

The problem with Last Stand is not the person who is actually in it and actually uses the perk, it's how he ruins the flow for the other player. When you put 5 in their chest, they're supposed to drop and you should be able to clear your head for the next encounter. Last Stand totally ruins all of that, by changing the time to kill and forcing you to wildly improvise your manouvering to avoid the Python spam you will suddenly come under, causing you to lose your orientation for a split second and putting you at more risk with the next guy than a normal encounter would've.

Really don't understand how GAF doesn't understand this. It's immediately obvious when you play that this is the problem. We don't care that you take 5 more bullets, it's that you fuck us up for the next guy. Really simple.
Uhh last stand/second chance has been here since CoD4... I think people are bitchin' just to bitch now. And as someone who's used this perk for all iterations, I'd say the current incarnation isn't even the best it's ever been.

Also, that's totally bullshit how you say the bullet penetration perk kills you at the same speed. The fact is, is that you're behind cover so you can't compare yourself to NOT being behind cover anymore. That's comparing apples to oranges. If a guy is behind cover and I shoot at him with the perk, I kill him faster than if he didn't have the perk. If fact, it's totally bullshit if I get damaged and take a turn into a dead end that the other person can literally just spray bullets at where he thinks I am and kill me. Don't even get me started on Hardcore.

You don't want the guy to fall into last stand? Headshot him.

aku:jiki

SmokeMaxX said:
Uhh last stand/second chance has been here since CoD4...
Uhh I know and uhh the problem has always been the same. What's your point?

SmokeMaxX said:
You don't want the guy to fall into last stand? Headshot him.
Oh please. That's not how any CoD works and we all know it. We all know that when you aim at another players head, there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will register as a headshot and will often register as a body shot. Also, going for headshots in a head-on encounter is a bad idea unless you've got aimbot skills, as the other guy will probably going for center mass and will as such land more of his bullets. "Going for a headshot" is not a viable option in this game. Been like that since CoD1 as far as I know. You most likely know this too, so why did you even bother typing those sentences?

Ballistik

I love how the leaderboards work :D
The fact that it's based off points per minute instead of how much you play really shows how much of a better player you are. I'm ranked 50 in Domination (270 score per minute), and 300 in Team Deathmatch (417 score per minute) for the weekly. :D

SmokeMaxX

aku:jiki said:
Uhh I know and uhh the problem has always been the same. What's your point?

Oh please. That's not how any CoD works and we all know it. We all know that when you aim at another players head, there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will register as a headshot and will often register as a body shot. Also, going for headshots in a head-on encounter is a bad idea unless you've got aimbot skills, as the other guy will probably going for center mass and will as such land more of his bullets. "Going for a headshot" is not a viable option in this game. Been like that since CoD1 as far as I know. You most likely know this too, so why did you even bother typing those sentences?
In 4/5 when I was going for the headshot challenges, the multipliers actually made it worth it. I was dropping people faster than they could drop me.

firehawk12 said:
Just wondering, I'm level 25 and still using the M-16 because it seems to have the best stats. Does anything replace it?

Don't trust the game stats, try all the weapons you can and use whatever feels good to you. Many people uses the MP5K but I cannot kill anything with it... I used the M-16 until lvl 14 when I unlocked the Famas. I use Famas, Aug, AK47u and PM63 in my classes now, I get tired of using the same gun game after game.

The M-16 is great from a distance for the low recoil, though.

Top Bottom