• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dresden said:
Like, a burst AR? The G11 is an upgrade, but you'll need to hit 44 for that. Otherwise, almost ever AR does the same damn thing, it's just about recoil and appearance. Every AR except for the FAL and the M-14 kills in three shots up close and four shots from afar.

Well, that makes it all seem pointless then. :lol

Other than for the challenges, there's no real reason to upgrade from the M-16 then?

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
Well, that makes it all seem pointless then. :lol

Other than for the challenges, there's no real reason to upgrade from the M-16 then?
If it works for you, no, there isn't much reason. Although if you like burst-fire rifles you'll need to buy every assault rifle to unlock the G11, anyways. May as well try them out as you go.

I think all you complainers are just terrible. Probably aren't even aiming at the dudes and thinking you're putting a whole clip in em' :lol :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dresden said:
If it works for you, no, there isn't much reason. Although if you like burst-fire rifles you'll need to buy every assault rifle to unlock the G11, anyways. May as well try them out as you go.

Ugh, really? I just assumed you could unlock the ones you wanted to use.

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
Ugh, really? I just assumed you could unlock the ones you wanted to use.
You can, it's just that the last one--the classified rifle--requires you to unlock every other one in the category. And that classified rifle is the best burst rifle in the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dresden said:
You can, it's just that the last one--the classified rifle--requires you to unlock every other one in the category. And that classified rifle is the best burst rifle in the game.

Ugh, sons of bitches. Well, I guess I should be spending all that money anyway. I suck to much to use any other class of weapons anyhow.

Also, more power to the people who prestige. I'm not willing to give up Ghost Pro though. :lol

Oh yeah, I also tried that purple heart reticule. It's awesome but also so useless at long range because it's not transparent. :lol

aku:jiki

xxjuicesxx said:
I think all you complainers are just terrible. Probably aren't even aiming at the dudes and thinking you're putting a whole clip in em' :lol :lol
You can stop that lame shit, man. I've already posted a video of me playing. I am a good player.

Put up a video where you kill 7 guys in 20 seconds or shut the fuck up.

firehawk12 said:
No, you're misunderstanding. They're saying that there's no "best weapon," but that what's best for you is up to you. You should be doing everything you can to upgrade from the M16, to find the weapon that best suits you.

There is no "best weapon" and there shouldn't be. (But if there was one, it would be the Galil.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
aku:jiki said:
No, you're misunderstanding. They're saying that there's no "best weapon," but that what's best for you is up to you. You should be doing everything you can to upgrade from the M16, to find the weapon that best suits you.

There is no "best weapon" and there shouldn't be. (But if there was one, it would be the Galil.)

Honestly, I'm just looking for the one with the highest damage/range. Every other weapon seems like a downgrade - if the stats are correct anyway.

taku

Fuck Zavvi! Seriously.. I pre-ordered this game and still haven't received it. The happy hype is starting to mutate into anger and frustration.

Dresden

The G11 is the only real statistical upgrade over the M16, with everything else just being... sidegrades? It's really about personal preference.

firehawk12 said:
if the stats are correct anyway.
The stats can't be trusted because they don't account for recoil, how you handle it and so on. It's all up to how you perform with each gun.

Not sure why you'd resist this suggestion, bro! Trying out guns is fun. :D

SmokeMaxX

xxjuicesxx said:
You have to admit, this game DOES have terrible netcode. Don't know if they've fixed it because I haven't played since last Thursday (test in a few hours).

firehawk12 said:
Honestly, I'm just looking for the one with the highest damage/range. Every other weapon seems like a downgrade - if the stats are correct anyway.

You have to consider that damage is affected also by the ROF. More range usually means slower ROF. I don't stick to a gun, I usually use AR's (Famas/Aug for the moment), but I have lots of fun sometimes running with the MAC-11 with rapid-fire, for example, I like the variety of guns.

SmokeMaxX said:
You have to admit, this game DOES have terrible netcode. Don't know if they've fixed it because I haven't played since last Thursday (test in a few hours).

Ive played 16 hours so far and been destroying but its been fair. If I get the kill I get the kill if I miss I generally lose unless they mess up big time. It always seems to make sense to me and I don't yell What the fuck as much as when I play other games. I'm enjoying it.

Sorry your experience may differ. Maybe you guys need to study up and play harder.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
molekiller said:
You have to consider that damage is affected also by the ROF. More range usually means slower ROF. I don't stick to a gun, I usually use AR's (Famas/Aug for the moment), but I have lots of fun sometimes running with the MAC-11 with rapid-fire, for example, I like the variety of guns.

Oh no, we have to go all RPG in this house and talk about DPS now? :lol
If this was a BF game, I'd play the healer class!

But yeah, I guess I'll try out the Galil for shiggles. My play style tends to be sniping though, so we'll see how that goes.

SmokeMaxX

xxjuicesxx said:
Ive played 16 hours so far and been destroying but its been fair. If I get the kill I get the kill if I miss I generally lose unless they mess up big time. It always seems to make sense to me and I don't yell What the fuck as much as when I play other games. I'm enjoying it.

Sorry your experience may differ. Maybe you guys need to study up and play harder.
:lol The first thing I do with games I like is learn all the mechanics and tricks. So yeah, I've lurked the hell out of Denkirson's Xanga page/boards.

I'm sorry if you don't share my experience with pumping a ton of bullets into a guy's back and have them turn around and kill me, but I can assure you that my aim (on my screen) was perfectly fine.

I know GameBattles isn't the best indicator of skill, but http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/call-of-duty-4/team/ii-cyanide-ii
Ranking ~100 out of between 14,000 and 18,000 teams isn't bad by any means.

snap0212

xxjuicesxx said:
Maybe you could also just stop presenting your own experience as the de facto experience every single person on this planet must have. If you don’t have any problems with the game, fine, but accept the fact that a lot of people do have various problems that they’ve not had in any previous Call of Duty-games. Please just stop telling everyone that they must suck, because the game doesn’t have any problems.

edit: You don't happen to play on the PS3, do you? Would love to play a 1v1 against you.

firehawk12 said:
But yeah, I guess I'll try out the Galil for shiggles. My play style tends to be sniping though, so we'll see how that goes.
Honest suggestion; sounds like you expect the game to adapt to your habits, and not the other way around. Like, "I play a sniper in BF so I play a sniper in every FPS ever made." That kind of attitude will only make every new game a painful experience...

xxjuicesxx said:
Maybe you guys need to study up and play harder.
Oh god, so pathetic. :lol

Again; put up or shut the fuck up. Where's the video proof of your godlike skills?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
aku:jiki said:
Honest suggestion; sounds like you expect the game to adapt to your habits, and not the other way around. Like, "I play a sniper in BF so I play a sniper in every FPS ever made." That kind of attitude will only make every new game a painful experience...

I play long distance AR because I don't have enough twitch for either the sniper rifles or the close range weapons. Of course, a lot of the maps seem to be better off with SMGs or shotties, but I probably can't hack those load outs.

SmokeMaxX

Oh that reminds me,
Pro-Tip: If you do a contract that requires getting like 75 kills in 40 minutes or whatever, it's best to turn off last stand, and switch your Killstreaks to stuff like UAV, Counter UAV, and Blackbird. This gives you the maximum "in game time" to get your required number of kills without wasting time driving an RC-XD or shooting someone on your butt. Of course it shouldn't be overly difficult to do either way.

Just prestiged yesterday. I miss my jester facepaint (IT INSPIRED FEAR IN MY ENEMIES) but I'm surprised tthat the M14 is a great gun. I was scared to temporarily give up M16 and Ak74U, but M14 is getting results.

xxjuicesxx said:
I usually finish first on TDM and I acknowledge this game is a fuckery.

R2D4

Banned
So this game is pretty much just flopping on the ground when you see somebody and shooting and them doing the same. Then some guy knifes you in the back when you are on the ground. Awesome.

JB1981

Not sure I have ever played an online game where I have been consistenly owned every round. I feel like my reaction time is at least a second or two behind every other player. It's like I never had a chance. I popped in MW2 late before bed last night to see if it was the same there and it wasn't even close. I was popping fools left and right, playing field felt much more even.

Conclusion: this game is a laggy piece of shit.

Cobra84

xxjuicesxx said:
Something is wrong with the hit detection. I've gotten a hit marker without a kill with the M14 in hardcore, that should never happen. I also had a perfectly aimed, close range M14 shot go through the head of a stationary target.

Always-honest said:
A shitty map = a map you suck on, right?
Obviously, people don't usually hate maps that they play well on. Havana is shitty unless you enjoy camping. The open street is suicide and the poorly designed buildings are filled with players crouched in the corners.

Any map where you can win with 10 kills in free for all because camping is more effective than moving is going on my shit list.

Hanmik

JB1981 said:
Not sure I have ever played an online game where I have been consistenly owned every round. I feel like my reaction time is at least a second or two behind every other player. It's like I never had a chance. I popped in MW2 late before bed last night to see if it was the same there and it wasn't even close. I was popping fools left and right, playing field felt much more even.

Conclusion: this game is a laggy piece of shit.

:lol :lol this weekend I´m going back to MW2.. BLOPS is not for me, untill they fix this shit..

Mik2121

Holy crap.. playing this game multiplayer solo is great, but if you're on a party of even 4 people, it's just almost impossible to join a game with everybody in. I've spent the last hour trying to get some games and we only played twice since then.

Hopefully Treyarch fixes this shit soon because it's really sad that we can't play this game, otherwise so much better than MW2..

Cobra84 said:
Something is wrong with the hit detection. I've gotten a hit marker without a kill with the M14 in hardcore, that should never happen.
:lol That's fucked up.

I had a damage marker with the knife once myself. :lol

Cobra84 said:
Obviously, people don't usually hate maps that they play well on. Havana is shitty unless you enjoy camping. The open street is suicide and the poorly designed buildings are filled with players crouched in the corners.
I personally don't mind seeing Havana as the next map, but I can agree with these points. The whole middle section with the street is pretty bare and needlessly tough to manouver -- especially with that sniper's paradise apartment on one end -- and that curved wall on one side is pretty unnecessary. Close to the curved wall is a corner that cuts into the buildings on the left, and there's an extremely unnecessary car sticking out there, which forces you to expose yourself for an additional 5 steps (which can make all the difference in CoD). Really despise that fucking car. It's pretty bad that both balconies are completely and utterly devoid of cover too.

My least favorite map is Crisis. The house and cave portions are cool and fun to play, but the enormous beach part can eat a dick. So many camping spots. :(

Mik2121 said:
Holy crap.. playing this game multiplayer solo is great, but if you're on a party of even 4 people, it's just almost impossible to join a game with everybody in. I've spent the last hour trying to get some games and we only played twice since then
Shouldn't be possible, but is the bullet lag any better if you play by yourself? I've only played with parties this past week, so I'd be willing to go back if I can roll on my own and do decently. :D

Lince

Banned
all my old University friends and some coworkers playing this game 24/7 I might end up getting the 360 version when the party system and spawns are fixed. And I was one of those who after MW2 swore never buying CoD again... I feel dirty weak.

Mik2121 said:
Holy crap.. playing this game multiplayer solo is great, but if you're on a party of even 4 people, it's just almost impossible to join a game with everybody in. I've spent the last hour trying to get some games and we only played twice since then.

Hopefully Treyarch fixes this shit soon because it's really sad that we can't play this game, otherwise so much better than MW2..

seems like I'm going to wait for a while...

Hanmik

the update did nothing (ok no more voting for maps more than twice).. I´m on PS3. The party system STILL doesn´t work. The lag is the same in most games.. and host picking is TERRIBLE.. if I´m host I lag like shit, and the rest play fine..

MW2 it is for me .. for now..

Hanmik said:
the update did nothing (ok no more voting for maps more than twice).. I´m on PS3. The party system STILL doesn´t work. The lag is the same in most games.. and host picking is TERRIBLE.. if I´m host I lag like shit, and the rest play fine..

MW2 it is for me .. for now..
Huh? I haven't noticed any difference.

Cobra84 said:

yeah, don't go there. Going through buildings is my only option. i use a submachine gun with rapid fire and always leave a claymore because the other team will be searching buildings too.
After a few games you'll know the camp spots, so always check them first.
I tried camping, but i don't have the patience for it and it gives you less kills than moving around.

That being said, it's faaaar from my favorite map. It's one of my least favorite i think.

xxjuicesxx said:

Idk about terrible but it's funny to see people still crying about something that's been in the franchise for so long now :lol The whiners might not be terrible but there is no doubt in my mind that most of them are the type of players who are all out rush and thus hate the fact that they have to put an extra bullet into a guy or else he'll probably kill them while they run by to put a tactical insert in their spawn.

Is spoofing a "lost connection" error a real problem or just a coincidence? 4 or 5 times yesterday when we were relly slaughtering it happened, I never thought much until people started calling it cheating in the lobby.

Frustrating even as an innocent error, but can people make that happen? No host migration, just lost connection and return to lobby?

MarshMellow96 said:
Fucking veteran, man. Even if you get to those goddamn barrels on Khe Sanh, activating them stands you up. Fucking idiots.
i had no idea about those barrels. That level ruined my veteran run. I'm extremely happy to play on hardened, now the game is fair.
jonnybryce said:
Is spoofing a "lost connection" error a real problem or just a coincidence? 4 or 5 times yesterday when we were relly slaughtering it happened, I never thought much until people started calling it cheating in the lobby.

Frustrating even as an innocent error, but can people make that happen? No host migration, just lost connection and return to lobby?

yea, what is that?.. what is causing this? For instance, what happens when someone rage-quits?
Either this or host migration (resulting in ending the game 99,99% of the time) happens a lot.

JB1981

Bumblebeetuna said:
Idk about terrible but it's funny to see people still crying about something that's been in the franchise for so long now :lol The whiners might not be terrible but there is no doubt in my mind that most of them are the type of players who are all out rush and thus hate the fact that they have to put an extra bullet into a guy or else he'll probably kill them while they run by to put a tactical insert in their spawn.

Nah. I have played the COD franchise and online multiplayer games enough to know the difference. There is something fucking broken about the netcode in this game. I am completely familiar with your typical "cod lag" and this is not it. It's much worse.

Although I have not actually ruled out the fact that I could, indeed, suck. LOL

Always-honest said:
i had no idea about those barrels. That level ruined my veteran run. I'm extremely happy to play on hardened, now the game is fair.

I've enjoyed the game on Veteran so far, but this is just daft. And they expect you to get two as well? Fuck. Please tell me there's a checkpoint after doing one (there isn't).

Woods did a good job of the first one while everyone was shooting at me - why can't we just defend him while he does the other two?

EDIT: Just did it. Damn.

Hanmik

jonnybryce said:

this happened to me in 5 out of ten games yesterday.. you see the animation of the cord being unplugged, and 15 seconds later you are in the lobby. Only in one game yesterday host migration kicked in and saved my day (it was on Nuketown, I was the only one left after the migration, and both bombs where planted, so I got two free defuses)....

Top Bottom