• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Alienshogun said:
Could be a glitch, not a hack, notice he only knifes?

I played the PC version of COD4 and I managed to glitch (no idea how I did) and I was completely invulnerable, and when I was out of ammo, all I could do it knife, couldn't pick up any more ammo.

So he COULD not be hacking, it could just be similar to a glitch I ran into in COD4.

true but hes also called THE TANK :lol

tsigo

bobs99 ... said:
He did miss an aweful lot of those bullets, I would almost be content to just say he shot all the way around him but never hit him. The knifing and fact the dude stayed still for so long is a bit of a give away though, pretty bad lag probably meant his xbox didnt detect when that dude had already run off?

At like 0:14 after he zooms in he gets a hit marker on 3 bursts in the upper chest/head area. That should easily kill the guy. Then in the next clip he gets hit markers on seven bursts. There's no way that doesn't kill someone.

cuevas said:
Anyone notice autoaim through walls on the console versions of the game?

Yep. Said it before, I'll say it again, broken game is broken. I should have stayed with my "Don't buy Treyarch CoDs" prejudice. Learned my lesson.

If MW2 had this game's theater mode and stat tracking, I'd buy it again for $60.

Mileena

Banned
greenjerk said:
I refuse to play standard demolition anymore. Every match turns into one team locking down the others spawn to the point the other team completely quits. It sucks, I used to love Demolition but it's completely broken right now.
It was the exact same thing in MW2

Chrange

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Could be a glitch, not a hack, notice he only knifes?

I played the PC version of COD4 and I managed to glitch (no idea how I did) and I was completely invulnerable, and when I was out of ammo, all I could do it knife, couldn't pick up any more ammo.

So he COULD not be hacking, it could just be similar to a glitch I ran into in COD4.
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?pp=0&GamerTag=o THE T4NK o

His bio message seems to indicate otherwise :lol

kitch9 said:
I need a Sentry gun to kill, can I fuck find one....

Got mine last night. Just have to get lucky, really.

You could try getting one yourself, throw the indicator near a group of enemies, don't collect it and get killed, let them take it and then go for it.

kitch9 said:
I need a Sentry gun to kill, can I fuck find one....

same here.

But one quick question. When I shoot down spy planes, is it possible to shoot down my own team's? I mean I've been shooting them down left and right for the pro version but then it dawned on me can I only see the other team's? I've been shooting them down whenever I see stuff in the air. Have I been shooting down my own team's? :lol

I mean its easy to tell helicopters because they are green or red on the radar.

Stoney Mason said:
same here.

But one quick question. When I shoot down spy planes, is it possible to shoot down my own team's? I mean I've been shooting them down left and right for the pro version but then it dawned on me can I only see the other team's? I've been shooting them down whenever I see stuff in the air. Have I been shooting down my own team's? :lol

I mean its easy to tell helicopters because they are green or red on the radar.

Friendly Sky Planes and Counter Sky Planes are not viewable in the sky.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
cuevas said:
Anyone notice autoaim through walls on the console versions of the game?

Yep, I've even had my "focus" change as someone walks behind a wall, also, protip, you can Hack enemy equipment through walls.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The matchmaking in this game sucks. People are so impatient that you'll get into a lobby where people don't feel like waiting a minute for more players so it's an endless loop where no games get started. Or sometimes nobody will ever connect and unless you back out then go back in, you'll never get enough people. Plus the in game joining seems to suck too. I don't want to play a 3v3 match, add more people. Also, it shouldn't be 2 on 4 for 5 minutes before the teams finally even up. Argh.

Edit: Also Zombies is like broken. 9/10 tries it's "Game Lobby Closed". Can't even play 1 match.

butts

Follow the advice of those saying to throw sentry's at the enemy. I got ghost pro on my first prestige by level 11 with that method.

Had my first 2 gunships today......

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
RS4- said:
Just finished a match where someone on my team had 6 care packages out at the same time :lol
Probably trying to get Hardline Pro (share package challenge). I got it last night in just a few matches by saving my killstreaks and calling them in at the same area all at once.

greenjerk said:
I refuse to play standard demolition anymore. Every match turns into one team locking down the others spawn to the point the other team completely quits. It sucks, I used to love Demolition but it's completely broken right now.

It's no different than it was in MW2. If you get stuck on a bad team with no communication then get ready to be assfucked in your spawn most of the game. Only now you aren't pinned down by an eternity of chopper gunner/harrier/AC130 crap, you at least have a fighting chance.

Personally I love games where the opposing team does that. Me and a couple of teammates always leak out and plant the bomb and win the game. And if my team is too terrible to do that then I just leave after the game and find a new one.

Sealda

Banned
Hmf, 2 hours ago i had 1000 COD points , 5 mins ago i had around 70 000, now i have 60 000 something....

Im a High Roller. I first played the middle 1000 COD points bet matches. Gun Game, so easy money. So i got 20 000 COD points and i said screw it. Lets go High fucking Roller. Just finished my fifth match. In total i won 2 and ended second 2 times and last one time! Its so fucking nerve-wrecking! Sometimes the matches are so easy! you are at 20 when they are at 10! Oh, also, i jump out of the lobby if the High Roller is anything but Gun Game...

But this last match, i was second at the 15 weapon or so. Then the fucking Snipers came! When i finished the first one, i had the W2000 left. All of sudden, i had soooooo hard time hit targets! After like 1-2 minutes of failure shots and getting killed. I was knifed 2 times in a row! All of sudden i was like 1 from last position! The guy quickly got 20 and i was 10 000 cod points back, oh well. 1 match before that i finished at 20 when the second guy was at 10!

...im sweaty

tsigo

Been trying to matchmake a FFA game for the last 5 minutes, still at "Waiting for 3 more players". Number of people currently playing FFA? 25,000. Ok.

Bumblebeetuna said:
It's no different than it was in MW2. If you get stuck on a bad team with no communication then get ready to be assfucked in your spawn most of the game. Only now you aren't pinned down by an eternity of chopper gunner/harrier/AC130 crap, you at least have a fighting chance.

Personally I love games where the opposing team does that. Me and a couple of teammates always leak out and plant the bomb and win the game. And if my team is too terrible to do that then I just leave after the game and find a new one.

What irritates me most about demolition is the fact that people don't wait. One dude just runs in and gets killed and I'm there going 'mate I can put a napalm on it, THEN you can run in'. I do it to myself I do. I think I'm the only one of my friends who plays demolition.. :lol

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
tsigo said:
Been trying to matchmake a FFA game for the last 5 minutes, still at "Waiting for 3 more players". Number of people currently playing FFA? 25,000. Ok.

The matchmaking is completely fucked up.

I always have to back out and restart the search after almost every match.

tsigo

Cerrius said:
The matchmaking is completely fucked up.

I always have to back out and restart the search after almost every match.

I actually managed to join a game in-progress, first time in over 40 matches. Unfortunately it was TDM.

snap0212

tsigo said:
Yeah, maybe you should stop sucking at this game. Ever thought about the possibility that your lack of skill causes the game to act that way? Probably not.

Just kidding, of course. The matchmaking is horrible. :-(

tsigo

Between the care package glitch and the javelin glitch, I didn't think it would be possible to release a more broken Call of Duty... but here we are.

derder

zam said:
Oh my god, loving the G11, using that and Hardline pro/Sleight of Hand pro/Marathon and Spy Plane/Blackbird/Chopper Gunner I went 56-18 with 3 plants on demolition, then next game 57-22, then 2 games after that 74-28, straight up destroying fools :lol
I do the same thing, but honestly the best combo is:

Domination
G11/Stela3
Sticky/Motion Sensor
Hardline Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Second Chance Pro
Spy Plane/Crate/Kill 7(I use Attack Helicopter)

G11 -- Because its the best rifle for medium/long range
Stela3 -- You don't have ghost
Sticky -- Quicker detonation
Motion Sensor -- Plant near wall on your back
Hardline Pro -- Read below
Sleight of Hand Pro -- ADS
Second Chance Pro -- To get that last kill for your killstreak.
Spy Plane -- I shouldn't have to explain for domination :eek:
Care package -- Crate with Hardline Pro is OP
Attack Helicopter -- I get to 6 kills when I run out of ammo. The best 7-Kill streak.

The entire point of this setup is to use Hardline Pro to its limits. You are on domination so that you can stay stationary and when you run out of ammo, make an attempt on a flag cap.

Kills 1-2:Run around capping until you get 2 kills.
Kills 3-5:Sit back and work on getting your 4th kill for the care package. Just find a common spot, preferably near a spawn. Place the motion sensor on the opening that your backside is exposed to. When you get your package, try to roll for the option that will distract the enemy the most.
Kill 6: Start heading for the flag cap. When you get the 6th kill, use the copter and try to cap. If you survive, work on the next cap. If you die, repeat.

This strat works so well that I cannot believe that I tried leveling any other way. Once you get in the rhythm, you'll learn how long you have to camp at each section of the map.

Veritas_

PC-Ops here. Latest patch really smoothed out performance, nice to see a fix put together so quickly.

Loving the M-16 w/ dual mags. M60 with grip is also pretty beast.

Fun fun fun. :D

tsigo said:
Between the care package glitch and the javelin glitch, I didn't think it would be possible to release a more broken Call of Duty... but here we are.

What the fuck are you talking about? Those glitches are tons worse and more game-breaking than anything in this game.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Finally got Ghost Pro today.

I probably heard 'Enemy RC XD inbound' about four or five times as much as any killstreak airship. I mean, why people don't use Spy Plane/Counter-Spy Plane (so that I can shoot it down) is beyond me. Aside from the fact that it's infinitely useful in keeping your team alive and killing enemies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's because people care more about kills than helping the team I guess. It doesn't help that the RC car is a pain in the fucking ass though. :lol

AnEternalEnigma said:
What the fuck are you talking about? Those glitches are tons worse and more game-breaking than anything in this game.

:lol

You consider a suicide bomber to be worse than an invincible player? The lengths some people go to defend Black Ops, even though it's the worst Call of Duty this generation (that's when it's working properly), which is a miracle in and of itself).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Jack Scofield said:

You consider a suicide bomber to be worse than an invincible player? The lengths some people go to defend Black Ops, even though it's the worst Call of Duty this generation (that's when it's working properly), which is a miracle in and of itself).

I knew people from Mars are amongst us.

Jack Scofield said:

Look up the "tutorial" on YouTube before you make yourself look like a bigger tool, man. The "glitch" was a fluke. He joined a demo match in progress, spawned into chopper gunner fire, and somehow the game glitched out and made him invulnerable to gunfire.

But yea, let's keep calling it a hack and gamebreaker equivalent to javelindom and such. :lol :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
RJNavarrete said:
Look up the "tutorial" on YouTube before you make yourself look like a bigger tool, man. The "glitch" was a fluke. He joined a demo match in progress, spawned into chopper gunner fire, and somehow the game glitched out and made him invulnerable to gunfire.

But yea, let's keep calling it a hack and gamebreaker equivalent to javelindom and such. :lol :lol

Pretty much like I said, it's a glitch that happened to me in COD4

So I've come to the conclusion that the matchmaking in this game is non-existent. Over half a million players online I've been sitting at the matchmaking screen for the last 20 minutes. Even joining a session in progress doesn't seem to work.

Correction: Nearly a million players online.

spanks

zam said:
Oh my god, loving the G11, using that and Hardline pro/Sleight of Hand pro/Marathon and Spy Plane/Blackbird/Chopper Gunner I went 56-18 with 3 plants on demolition, then next game 57-22, then 2 games after that 74-28, straight up destroying fools

derder said:
I do the same thing, but honestly the best combo is:

You guys use any of the attachments for your G11, or just iron sights?

spanks said:
You guys use any of the attachments for your G11, or just iron sights?

Iron sights are the way to go. Unless you're going to be using the thing exclusively for long range then there is no need to buy any of the attachments.

Top Bottom