• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

OK lets talk zombie mode. Is there a way to win the levels or are you just fighting to see how long you survive? I know in the zombie mode of the last game it was just survival but with the addition of all the rooms and unlocks I feel like there is a way to win. I'm also curious what all the vending machines do, I haven't really had the chance to spend any money one them yet since it's not easy getting the power on.

X-Frame

grap3fruitman said:
They really need to have a dedicated team of beta testers that have the job of just being dicks and abusing everything possible so those items are fixed before release.

LMAO. Seriously, I would have a lot of fun abusing the hell out of anything. Many, many headaches would have been prevented in TONS of games if devs focused more on this.

Tkawsome said:
OK lets talk zombie mode. Is there a way to win the levels or are you just fighting to see how long you survive? I know in the zombie mode of the last game it was just survival but with the addition of all the rooms and unlocks I feel like there is a way to win. I'm also curious what all the vending machines do, I haven't really had the chance to spend any money one them yet since it's not easy getting the power on.
The vending machines just give you perks, essentially.

buy teh haloz said:
The vending machines just give you perks, essentially.
I saw a double tap root beer, some revive machine and something that cost a lot of money hidden in the projection room. I had one of the revives once but I don't remember it doing anything.

Tkawsome said:
I saw a double tap root beer, some revive machine and something that cost a lot of money hidden in the projection room. I had one of the revives once but I don't remember it doing anything.
There is double tap root beer, quick revive, speed cola (sleight of hand), and juggernogg (lots more health). The machine in the projection room is the pack a punch and it turns ordinary weapons into total ownage lasers of badassery. It also has some other effects on guns like turning the M16 into fully auto and giving it a noob tube. Plus it gives them a bad ass name and makes them look funky. It's essential to making it to higher levels. Juggernogg, speed cola and a PaP weapon is the way to go.

A good strategy is to go the upstairs route to the stage, getting the MP40 on the way.

Once the power is on and its a start of a new round run on the stage until there is like 3 or 4 zombies chasing you, run to the lobby and wait for the crowd to come through the booth. Kill many, run upstairs till circular room. Post here and shoot many.

Run back to the stage post at the door and kill. Run to the lobby. Repeat the process. get your MP40 PaP'd asap. Grab ammo off the wall when needed on a lap. Never go back, always forward. Works great! Only strat I've been able to get far on.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Every aspect of the matchmaking in this game (360 version) is fucking inexcusable. I had no problems with MW2 — finding games was super fast and host migration only failed on me a handful of times. Wish I could say the same for this game...

U2NUMB

vatstep said:
Every aspect of the matchmaking in this game (360 version) is fucking inexcusable. I had no problems with MW2 — finding games was super fast and host migration only failed on me a handful of times. Wish I could say the same for this game...

Tonight sure was tough.. had a party of 7 and getting everyone into a game without getting the checkered background of just plain drops was a big pain. I sure hope they are still working on changes because it is certainly needed.

vatstep said:
No such issues here, and that's with crappy AT&T DSL that never gets better than a three bar connection. Sorry, man. The things I'd do to have a four bar each time though...

Dresden

I'm running a Qwest DSL, three bars usually. I've never seen a four bar. Three bars is usually quite good, although two bars is pretty fucking bad.

mYm|17|

vatstep said:
agreed, it's shitty

vatstep said:

yeah I am having issues still. Not sure why I need to drop frames when I go into ADS and yet my opponent seems to not have that issue.

NYR

Woah Woah Woah...the checkerboarding is normal?

Daaamn, my friends thought I was crazy when I was saying my xbox was doing that. I even told them to wait while I restated xbox...thought I was heading towards E74 heaven.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, took up to level 38 to get all the damn Pro Perks I wanted. I'm never prestiging. :lol

Oh, Galil vs AK47 - is the AK better?

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
Oh, Galil vs AK47 - is the AK better?
They have the same stats, pretty much. Galil holds five extra bullets per mag and has marginally less recoil. AK reloads faster. Otherwise they do the same damage and shoot just as fast as the other.

Dresden said:
They have the same stats, pretty much. Galil holds five extra bullets per mag and has marginally less recoil. AK reloads faster. Otherwise they do the same damage and shoot just as fast as the other.
The Galil's recoil also tends to pull to the right, whereas the AK's is more straight up and down.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dresden said:

Hrm, in the stats the AK has one extra "bar" of damage though? Is that just marginal?

LevityNYC

Banned
Really enjoyed the story of the single player. The set pieces, the environments, the graphics, the audio were all fantastic. Too bad the AI is still fucking terrible.

The AI in the game is something you would expect from Wolfenstein 3D. Please, if Bungie develops a COD game in the future, please first and foremost fix the AI.

Max

I am not Max
Strider2K99 said:
Just ignore the in-game stats. This is your bible for weapon stats:

http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/
flamethrowere.png

:lol :lol :lol

Xux

Damn, my system froze from hosting a Ground War match. I'm afraid doing that much more'll YLOD my shit.

tsigo

vatstep said:

Agreed.

Xux

I'd have to say I'm more of a fan of the triangular Domination setups as opposed to the linear ones. The linear ones might as well not have A and C.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Just had probably my best game yet. 29 to 4 on Summit, Team Deathmatch. Thanks to two cobras, an RC-XD, Valk Rockets and the god damn FAL.

At the end of the game, the next best K/D was 15-14, and I led the score by 1400 points. So chuffed :)

Sealda

Banned
After 35 days played in the COD franchaise maybe its not the game but me who is the problem. I just do not feel Black Ops. The only reason i play it right now is because its new weapons and new maps but other than that i am really angry at the choppiness of the game. Everything feels so choppy and laggy. Also the spawning system is totally stupid, a couple of times i have seen enemies spawn in front of me and i am sure it happens many times behind my back and thats why i get killed sometimes.

taku

McBacon said:
Just had probably my best game yet. 29 to 4 on Summit, Team Deathmatch. Thanks to two cobras, an RC-XD, Valk Rockets and the god damn FAL.

At the end of the game, the next best K/D was 15-14, and I led the score by 1400 points. So chuffed :)
I got 34-2 on Hanoi?/Havana? yesterday, that was nice!

The stutters in the game are not actually as frequent for me any more since I put every setting on max/aa/af. Don't know why, though..

Lunchbox

Banned
Sealda said:
a couple of times i have seen enemies spawn in front of me and i am sure it happens many times behind my back and thats why i get killed sometimes.
not a couple of times, it happens all through out the match. if you have a blackbird in the air you can literally see the broken system in action when triangles appear 5 foot behind you after you get a kill. treyarch are clowns

Had a go with the M60 after playing the Vietnam mission. Wow! It takes a bit to get into ADS but once you're in.. Damn it's like cannon fodder.

Plus it sounds like an inexorable train of death. chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga +50 chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga +50 spy plane available chuga-chuga-chuga..

jlai

Jesus, just discovered the magic that is 8 blackbird, 9 chopper gunner, 11 dogs w/ hardline and a silenced AK. My Weekly TDM ratio is now 4.92, overall 2.02 :D

Tokubetsu

jlai said:
Jesus, just discovered the magic that is 8 blackbird, 9 chopper gunner, 11 dogs w/ hardline and a silenced AK. My Weekly TDM ratio is now 4.92, overall 2.02 :D

I've said it before but Blackbird ALONE will win your team games and once you have it, you're basically guaranteed that chopper gunner or attack dogs. It's ridiculous. If it wasn't up high on killstreaks it'd be broken. I fucking love it.

G_Berry

Banned
MarshMellow96 said:
Had a go with the M60 after playing the Vietnam mission. Wow! It takes a bit to get into ADS but once you're in.. Damn it's like cannon fodder.

Plus it sounds like an inexorable train of death. chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga +50 chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga +50 spy plane available chuga-chuga-chuga..
:lol So true!

n0n44m

m60 + grip + extended mags

no reloads, 2 hits for a kill and you can snipe with it as well with less recoil than the snipers+acog ... ow and the iron sights are damn good as well

.nimrod

Getting all the Pro perks as a european is ridiculously hard, it's sunday 2pm and there are only ~6000 people playing CTF on ps3 right now.
I can't get anything above a 2 bar connection -.-

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Getting really bored of getting dominated every game and only managing 3-5 kills a time. I can't help but think that I have to metagame and use the most powerful SMGs just to be competitive. Let alone the top scorers having monstrous pings and knife lunges. Just like TF2 I've waited too long to practice, so it's time to move on.

X26

Banned
Dresden said:
Man, I can't believe I never used flak jacket before. This is saving my life at least five, six times a match, from all the RC cars and frags, mainly. The RC cars won't kill unless they're right up against you, and so long as you start sprinting away they usually just blow it up nearby thinking they have you. So good.

I use it more than ghost, it's especially good in domination

Top Bottom