• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

taku

Dilly said:
What the fuck, how did Treyarch even think that these spawnpoints were any good?
I haven't really run into any spawn problems in this game except for in Nuketown.

I have however been experiencing a shit load of stuttering/crashes/freezes ever since I got the game. God damn it, it's so frustrating!

Sealda

Banned
What prevents us from having specific spawn points on each side of the map. Team A spawns on this side of the map, Team B on the other side. That might change depending on the mode and bases etc. seriously, i rather have systematic failure rather than this sporadic shit. At-least with specific spawn points for both teams you know it will always be the same no matter what. With this randomness it just gets frustrating. Seriously, there might be some people who will abuse spawn locking but i doubt it will be wide-spread. Seriously if you manage to lock spawn, i applaud you because that takes skills anyways. Spawning behind an enemy and kill him does not require skill, thats just pure luck.

Also, Activision how about a real fucking BETA? Instead of letting some "Yes men" play the game for a weekend or like whatever locked BETA they had where there were probably casual casual players like the devs. families and friends playing. "oh, everything is so fun! im so proud of you honey!"...

Have real online open BETA next time. I mean i cannot believe you do not have it....fucking stupid

Dilly

Banned
taku said:
I haven't really run into any spawn problems in this game except for in Nuketown.

I have however been experiencing a shit load of stuttering/crashes/freezes ever since I got the game. God damn it, it's so frustrating!

I shouldn't be getting shot at 5 seconds after spawning and I shouldn't be able to kill people 5 seconds after I spawned.

Doubt we'll ever see perfect spawns in a CoD game. Maps are too small and it's too easy for guys to anticipate spawn points which will destroy the spawn logic to prevent spawn killing.

Dilly said:
I shouldn't be getting shot at 5 seconds after spawning and I shouldn't be able to kill people 5 seconds after I spawned.
I don't get why people are picking on Treyarch specifically for the bad spawn points. It's not like spawns weren't a big issue in MW2. Learn to anticipate spawn points. If your team is encroaching on the other team's side of the map, the other team will start to spawn behind you. Anticipate it and you'll have no problem. Or equip Hardline and Spy Plane and, if you're a good player, you'll have one up the whole match.

SmokeMaxX

backflip10019 said:
I don't get why people are picking on Treyarch specifically for the bad spawn points. It's not like spawns weren't a big issue in MW2. Learn to anticipate spawn points. If your team is encroaching on the other team's side of the map, the other team will start to spawn behind you. Anticipate it and you'll have no problem. Or equip Hardline and Spy Plane and, if you're a good player, you'll have one up the whole match.
Seriously? It doesn't matter where your team is at. Even if the opposing team is on their side and you're on your side, the other team can still spawn behind you. They messed up the spawn points; there's no use defending it.

kamspy

I'm almost convinced the scopes and red dots nerf gun damage.

WTF. With iron sights, people go down real easy. Through a red dot or a reflex it's like I'm shootings peas.

I'm pretty sure it's all in my head, but what the fuck? Anyone else have this problem?

Magik

kamspy said:

WTF. With iron sights, people go down real easy. Through a red dot or a reflex it's like I'm shootings peas.

I'm pretty sure it's all in my head, but what the fuck? Anyone else have this problem?

I'm experiencing that right now early on after my first prestige. The MP5K seems fine with the iron sights but when I slap on a RDS, it takes a lot more bullets to take a person down. I'm leaning towards it being the shitty PSN netcode but at times I feel like the RDS is a handicap amongst other issues.

kamspy said:

There was something I heard mentioned on the machinima stream about custom reticles causing bullet lag.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Been using the RDS on my ak47 and not noticed any problems, then again I haven't tried it without but I've went around 2.0 KDR with it.

SmokeMaxX

What's up with killcams showing me shooting a perfect outline around the other person?
There's seriously something wrong with the netcode in this game. I shouldn't have to shoot ten bullets just to kill someone. And I don't mean it takes ten bullets to kill, I mean if I'm chasing someone and I aim and shoot until they're dead, it takes ten bullets until it shows that they die. That's some significant bullet lag.

Sealda

Banned
Okay, the online part is just extremely horrible right now. Worse since launch! Seriously, i have yet to finish a singe match in the last 45 mins! Seriously, failed migration transfers, the game freezes mid match, everything is just extremely extremely horrible. I am so fucking pissed right now.

I think just adding more spawn points would help, every time I see most of the enemy team die or kill a bunch I sprint to where they are going to spawn because its so easy to predict.

zam

Oh my god, loving the G11, using that and Hardline pro/Sleight of Hand pro/Marathon and Spy Plane/Blackbird/Chopper Gunner I went 56-18 with 3 plants on demolition, then next game 57-22, then 2 games after that 74-28, straight up destroying fools :lol

todahawk

AcciDante said:
RC Cars and exploding crossbows are so obnoxious in objective modes.

I refuse to play standard demolition anymore. Every match turns into one team locking down the others spawn to the point the other team completely quits. It sucks, I used to love Demolition but it's completely broken right now.

Funky Functionality said:
That weapon/perk info is extremely helpful. Thank you!

Also, this tomahawk kill from the official forums is absolutely ridiculous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJNuQJxFBNA

So random. :lol
Amazing ahaha!

I need to get back on mine I had a kill on the training grounds one, with a guy in the tower I cooked a grenade and chucked it up, missed and it bounced of the corner of the building and hit another guy in the head and killed him :lol

-viper-

Banned
I'm playing the game on Hardened and the A.I. feels like such cheap bullshit. Fucking respawning autoaim sniping cunts.

I don't even know how I managed to get through the Vietnam level. It felt like I managed to complete it via sheer luck as opposed to actual skill.

No matter where I was, I was getting shot from all corners. I had no way to survive.

Now the level where I'm with Woods and with the 'flaming dragon' shotgun feels much more fairer. Probably because I don't have 100 cunts shooting at me, and me only :p

-viper- said:
I'm playing the game on Hardened and the A.I. feels like such cheap bullshit. Fucking respawning autoaim sniping cunts.

It's a little different, but in combat training the bots are exactly like this!

They literally click to each enemy in the area and fire. :lol

Dresden

Sounds like the G11 and the AK74u might get 'balanced' soon:

Just a quick one as I'm flying back to the States today and need to leave the hotel soon.

I am reasonably happy with the gun tuning. I am still thinking about the G11, maybe the AK74. But, we don't have any SHORT term plans to change anything (i.e., in this first update - it's already in test and nothing can be added to it).

None of us are terribly happy with the amount of lag people are experiencing. The first console update takes steps to improve matchmaking and host selection. I'm also planning on having a conversation with our CTO and IT people about some networking changes we can make that will better allow us and QA to simulate the Internet conditions that you play under typically. For all of our efforts here to run that simulation, it clearly wasn't enough.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=325471&p=3852249

I think the AK74u is fine--just give it some more recoil. As for the G11, just make it more in line with the M16's spread and speed and it should be good to go. Right now it's like a laser rifle.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dresden said:
Sounds like the G11 and the AK74u might get 'balanced' soon:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=325471&p=3852249

I think the AK74u is fine--just give it some more recoil. As for the G11, just make it more in line with the M16's spread and speed and it should be good to go. Right now it's like a laser rifle.

I can't help but say it; if they only had done a public beta...(regarding the lag, not the guns).

Dresden

Alienshogun said:
I can't help but say it; if they only had done a public beta...(regarding the lag, not the guns).
Pretty much. It is what it is though, and at least Treyarch has been up-front about the things they're up to.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dresden said:
Pretty much. It is what it is though, and at least Treyarch has been up-front about the things they're up to.

Oh, yeah, no doubt.

I recently went and played some Reach last night and while quitting is bad, it's not nearly as bad, but the issue remains; which is worse the lag in Black Ops or the quitters in Reach.

At least this is the extent of my life issues at the moment. :lol

There really is no excuse for there not to be a public/semi public beta to test netcode anymore; especially when the end product of NOT having one turns out like Black Ops and Gears of War 2.

Hardline Pro is the most amazing thing I have discovered.

My re rolls are almost always something awesome.

Also, the truth is out. AK74u rapid fire grip is the best gun ever.

EDIT: oh god what no don't nerf my killing machine!

Chrange

Banned
Dartastic said:
76324_10150094669405477_501945476_7291652_1470121_n.jpg

Awwww.

I saw a thread about PS3 people ditching their friends list so it doesn't lag ingame when it updates the 'what your friends are doing' thing. I'm assuming that's what this is?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Pretty much all the weapons need more recoil, it's so easy to just hold down fire and spray all over the place.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
tsigo said:
Notice how your team never went back up to 8 players after people left? In-progress matchmaking is broken.
The last three games I got into last night were in progress and nearly over. I guess it's possible that the game started without full teams, though...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tiduz said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZVtl7uoNuk&feature=sub

jesus christ?

what the fuck is with cod and all the hacks, this shit is shamefull

Could be a glitch, not a hack, notice he only knifes?

I played the PC version of COD4 and I managed to glitch (no idea how I did) and I was completely invulnerable, and when I was out of ammo, all I could do it knife, couldn't pick up any more ammo.

So he COULD not be hacking, it could just be similar to a glitch I ran into in COD4.

J-Rzez

I am reasonably happy with the gun tuning. I am still thinking about the G11, maybe the AK74. But, we don't have any SHORT term plans to change anything (i.e., in this first update - it's already in test and nothing can be added to it).

None of us are terribly happy with the amount of lag people are experiencing. The first console update takes steps to improve matchmaking and host selection. I'm also planning on having a conversation with our CTO and IT people about some networking changes we can make that will better allow us and QA to simulate the Internet conditions that you play under typically. For all of our efforts here to run that simulation, it clearly wasn't enough.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

Leave the guns alone. They're fine. It'll get boring if all the guns behaved the same, did the same damage, etc...

"None of us are terribly happy with the amount of lag", really? That's an understatement. There is zero excuse for a game of this player count to lag at some of the worst seen levels to date like this. This series has been wildly successful, and it's disgusting that they don't put enough time, money, testing, or effort into giving people rock-solid netcode, or servers.

It's time for IW, Trey, and is it Respawn (the new IW studio?), to really step up to the plate here and put some real effort into the gameplay/performance/quality of experience in the MP. Quit dumping more money into the SP. I couldn't possibly care less if they'd scrap the SP in their next games and dump all efforts into the MP. In fact, I'd encourage that.

Treyarch really took their customers money with a gun and a ski mask on this one. I'm kind of shocked at this too, considering they've been trying to get the IW monkey off their back. Thankfully I have gamefly, as I'll never pay retail price for one of these CoD games again until they step up their game.

Alienshogun said:
:lol :lol :lol

In before juices "You're just bad." :lol

He did miss an aweful lot of those bullets, I would almost be content to just say he shot all the way around him but never hit him. The knifing and fact the dude stayed still for so long is a bit of a give away though, pretty bad lag probably meant his xbox didnt detect when that dude had already run off?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
He did miss an aweful lot of those bullets, I would almost be content to just say he shot all the way around him but never hit him. The knifing and fact the dude stayed still for so long is a bit of a give away though, pretty bad lag probably meant his xbox didnt detect when that dude had already run off?

Yeah, but some clearly hit, that's the issue.

This is why some weapons feel underpowered sometimes, it's due to the lag.

Top Bottom