• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

What do most people use as their secondary weapon? I find it a bit annoying sometimes to figure out that I'm the only one on a team of 9 that has a launcher and sees the advantage of shooting down a chopper before it enters the map.

AcciDante

Najaf said:
Beware of the 10k wager matches

Today is the second time I have lost the connection and not received a refund for the match.

Players are able to create this failure purposely it seems because both matches have disconnected with seconds to spare. Today I was sitting comfortably in second place in sticks and stones as the clock hit ten seconds left. With 2 seconds and some change a majority of us get kicked back to the lobby. It has been several hours and I have yet to see a refund.

The last time this happened it was in the final seconds of a Gun Game. That was several days ago and I never received a refund for that either. I am personally not going to be playing any more 10k buy-ins until this is addressed officially.

The last 10k match I played, I actually won and got my money, then when I came back a few hours later...all 30k had disappeared :(

aku:jiki

I've been running the Hardline Pro Official Abuse Streak lately and, honestly, why are they patching it? With this setup, and especially with Hardline on, I get like on average 5 crates a game and only every 10th game do I get one that makes me go "ooh!" The rest is ammo, ammo, ammo, counter spy plane, more ammo... And by "ooh!" I don't mean Gunship, I mean anything that can get kills. Most of the time I feel dumb for wasting the sentry drop!

I really don't think there's a big problem there, and the crate streak is really fun when you're starting out. Let people have it, Treyarch!

aku:jiki said:
I've been running the Hardline Pro Official Abuse Streak lately and, honestly, why are they patching it? With this setup, and especially with Hardline on, I get like on average 5 crates a game and only every 10th game do I get one that makes me go "ooh!" The rest is ammo, ammo, ammo, counter spy plane, more ammo... And by "ooh!" I don't mean Gunship, I mean anything that can get kills. Most of the time I feel dumb for wasting the sentry drop!

I really don't think there's a big problem there, and the crate streak is really fun when you're starting out. Let people have it, Treyarch!
Maybe I was just lucky but I found it pretty broken. I mean I got a Huey from my SAM turret a few times in Search and wiped out the whole team.

Then you hear the magical air support train of "enemy SAM turret...care package...sentry gun on the way" 5 seconds later "Valkyrie rockets incoming" " enemy SR## deployed" "Heads up enemy Huey in bound."

All on Demolition, etc...then it just turns into MW2 bullshit.

Luckily it hasn't caught on too bad yet.

Side note: I always get ammo from my (real) care packages (unless I re-roll them into a high tier). So I just roll with the Spy + Counter combo then Valkyries because it works great from Objective games. Done with Care Packages; unless I've got hardline pro on they've just been a waste of time. I wonder if it gives you shitty stuff if you've played enough/prestige...seems like it.

Hyunkel6

Trumpet909 said:
What do most people use as their secondary weapon? I find it a bit annoying sometimes to figure out that I'm the only one on a team of 9 that has a launcher and sees the advantage of shooting down a chopper before it enters the map.
Launchers on all my classes, except for my second chance pro class :D. I love taking out aircrafts.

-viper-

Banned
Right I'm hating this game now.

Too many fucking campers and too many laggy cunts. I'm not even on their line of sight and they still kill me.

I think I'm just going to stick with the campaign mode. Which isn't without it's flaws either. Damn you to hell, infinitely respawning A.I! But beats having to put up all the bullshit in MP though.

Stantron

Trumpet909 said:
I run the anti-air launchers too. I play Mercenary TDM mostly. I think it's funny how a lot of times I'll be the only guy constantly taking out spy planes and counter spy planes the entire match, and yet I'm the only one on my team with positive K/D. I gotta stop playing with randoms. My match win ratio is a joke.

I finally beat the single player game. It was exhilarating. Really a amazing roller coaster ride from start to finish.

I enjoyed it so much I think I want to play it again later on. The variety in the levels, objectives, and background designs is astounding. I never felt bored the whole way through.

This is the first time I liked the single player more than the multiplayer in a CoD game! And the multiplayer is definitely the best among recent CoD games!

I'm not ashamed to say that this one of my favorite games of this gen. The single player pushes it further on my all-time lists, like Uncharted 2, which has both excellent single and multiplayer..

Xux

greenjerk said:
shit, didn't even think of combining the two! I'll have to try that out tonight.

I'd say Dual Mags + Sleight of Hand is the best combo for an unsilenced/ungripped build except for the RPK; Warlord with Dual Mags is kind of a waste when you can just run the other attachment with Sleight of Hand.

...though, I've never noticed the extra ammo from Dual Mags everyone keeps talking about.

Lucentto

Banned
This is the first COD I have ever played and its pretty fun. However, I understand a lot of the complaints of the game online. Some stupid shit really does happen, but it's still fun. On that note, does anyone want to play some rounds of zombies on 360? I don't have a mic though.

TaKeRx

AnEternalEnigma said:
The head of Xbox Live's Policy and Enforcement, Stephen "Stepto" Toulouse, addressed today that anyone who gets reported for having a swastika icon on Black Ops will receive a permanent ban from Xbox Live with no warnings.
Wait, what?

bobs99 ... said:
Also Welcome back Division! Out of interest what was the ban for? I have to say that Claymores being useless and shotguns being nerfed are 2 things I think would be excellent. I still die to claymores too often though. :(

It happened in this thread, but it's not worth revisiting. People have been banned for less and gotten away with more. Two weeks fit the bill. I just wish I hadn't missed getting to bitch about the first two weeks of this game. :lol

And claymores aren't entirely useless - it's just that so many people run Hacker that half the time they see your claymores coming.

greenjerk said:
i'll have to try dual mags, i've only messed with extended mags and mostly suppressors. I've been running a lot of hardline/SoH/Hacker so far, some ghost and spy plane/anti-spy/CP. I actually like the SAM turret for FFA & Dom, I've had tons of matches where my SAM will get 4 kills before they come looking for it (with me waiting to nail them).

I mostly run Hardline/Warlord/Hacker. Warlord gives me Dual Mags plus either a Reflex or a Suppressor, depending upon my mood, in addition to an extra precious grenade. The Dual Mags give me faster reloads (as long as I'm diligent to force the slow reload in quiet situations), and extra ammunition - so it's like having Sleight of Hand and Scavenger Pro as well. Hardline gives me loads of Spy Planes and Napalm Strikes, and getting a Chopper Gunner at 8 instead of 9 helps a lot.

aku:jiki said:

Agreed 100%! I tried it out for a while, but it got boring pretty quickly and I realized it wasn't particularly useful.

Xux said:
I'd say Dual Mags + Sleight of Hand is the best combo for an unsilenced/ungripped build except for the RPK; Warlord with Dual Mags is kind of a waste when you can just run the other attachment with Sleight of Hand.

...though, I've never noticed the extra ammo from Dual Mags everyone keeps talking about.

Warlord Pro! The extra nades are excellent. :lol

sweetfish said:
A buddy of mine just had a really massive ballistic knife lunge while playing Sticks & Stones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlsWFjsRWE

:lol

FFS!!! How the hell did that pass quality control? Man this game needed a BETA in the worst way. I had to turn the game off tonight it was such a fucking laggy mess and it wasn't going to ruin my evening. I think I've been patient but I amd really losing my patience with Black Ops. For every game that runs descent for me I have 5 or more with connection interruptions and bullet lag so bad it makes me want to smash my controller into a billion pieces. there is a lot to like about BOps but Treyarch I'm begging you get this shit fixed ASAP or i'll never buy another one of your games ever again.

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:
And claymores aren't entirely useless - it's just that so many people run Hacker that half the time they see your claymores coming.

I get a SHITLOAD of claymore kills. Only once or twice a night do I get someone that destroys it. :D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Do you guys have any pro-tips for countering the RC-XD?

Currently I can generally only blow one up when I see it coming from a decent distance. Is there a specific weapon that deals with these things better than another? I'm running around with an AK-47 right now.

VaLiancY

wienke said:

Currently I can generally only blow one up when I see it coming from a decent distance. Is there a specific weapon that deals with these things better than another? I'm running around with an AK-47 right now.
Flashbangs.

mcrae

Stantron said:
I run the anti-air launchers too. I play Mercenary TDM mostly. I think it's funny how a lot of times I'll be the only guy constantly taking out spy planes and counter spy planes the entire match, and yet I'm the only one on my team with positive K/D. I gotta stop playing with randoms. My match win ratio is a joke.

a hundred times this, i sympathize with you so much man

G_Berry

Banned
ImperialConquest said:
Stupidest thing Treyarch did was to allow voting on the last level played.

NUKETOWN AGAIN??? Sure, why not... : \

It's gotten frustratingly bad.

Yeah great, lets make it so people cant play a map they enjoy because some bitches jumped on a forum and had a cry because they couldn't just leave the game and find a new one.

It would take LESS effort to leave the lobby and find a new game than it would to log in and whine about it on a forum. ffs.

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:
I wish that happened to me :( I didn't get the 25 claymore kills for Hacker Pro until after level 30!

Shit, I haven't checked my progress on Hacker Pro. I'm around level 25... but I was referring to the claymores I set. Must not be a lot of people running Hacker in my matches.

KPunk

i am having a lot of fun with this game, however i do agree with everyone. this game has some serious netcode issues at times...especially these super duper knife kills.

Jrmint

lol Machinima's XBL Gold account ran out during their live stream marathon to Prestige 15. Just saw it in the live stream that Hutch is on before they turned it off.

Pretty funny.

grap3fruitman said:
I threw a flash bang at an RC-XD and it bounced off the thing and I had already managed to die before my stupid flash bang even went off. >=(

Flashbangs take way too long to pull out to be used in a reactive situation. They're only useful for clearing rooms; they're not a really viable anti-RC weapon. I have yet to find a good way to take down an RC aside from spamming it with bullets and hoping. I almost feel like there should be some additional aim-assist against RC-XDs; I've dumped entire clips right at one of those suckers and never hit it because they're so tiny!

I still haven't played any S&D yet. I imagine the RC-XD would suck hardcore in that mode.

Trumpet909 said:

I play mostly search, so pistols. Very few killstreaks that require launchers happen in that mode. Pistols are a godsend in intense firefights.

Even in TDM I keep my pistol though. If they get an air killstreak, chances are you'll die anyway so if you do, switch your class to an AA class and boom there it goes.

kuYuri

Not sure if this was generally known, but just tested it out with a friend, Ghost Pro does NOT protect from Blackbird.

Makes the Blackbird even more powerful.

Not a fan of CoD but interested in the zombie mode. From what I've seen, it borrows ideas from another Activision published game (which I LOVE), Jurassic: The Hunted, where you need to defend a base by holding a button to board up windows and prevent baddies from coming in.

So for someone not interested in the MP, would getting it soley for that mode and gameplay style and an interest in zombies be worth it?

luoapp

divisionbyzorro said:
Flashbangs take way too long to pull out to be used in a reactive situation. They're only useful for clearing rooms; they're not a really viable anti-RC weapon. I have yet to find a good way to take down an RC aside from spamming it with bullets and hoping. I almost feel like there should be some additional aim-assist against RC-XDs; I've dumped entire clips right at one of those suckers and never hit it because they're so tiny!

I still haven't played any S&D yet. I imagine the RC-XD would suck hardcore in that mode.

claymore, maybe?

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Not a fan of CoD but interested in the zombie mode. From what I've seen, it borrows ideas from another Activision published game (which I LOVE), Jurassic: The Hunted, where you need to defend a base by holding a button to board up windows and prevent baddies from coming in.

So for someone not interested in the MP, would getting it soley for that mode and gameplay style and an interest in zombies be worth it?
You mean Jurassic borrowed from World at War (or maybe even another game before WaW)? There's only two zombie maps and you survive waves, but they are huge and you have to progress through the maps if you want to get any far in them.

You could also check out World at War + DLC which has 4 Zombie maps, 3 of which are pretty big. Unless there's a GOTY disc (not sure) or you buy it on PC (free DLC) you'll have to spend $30 on the DLC probably.

wienke said:

They can't drive up ladders, so if you know one is incoming, you could scuddle up one. Flashbangs, like as been mentioned, work well if you can get it out in time. Flak Jacket will protect you from all but the ones driven straight up your butt. Hunt down and kill the driver.

Stantron

Strider2K99 said:
Not sure if this was generally known, but just tested it out with a friend, Ghost Pro does NOT protect from Blackbird.

Makes the Blackbird even more powerful.
I think counter spy plane counters it, although only temporarily as it can be shot right back down in seconds. ;)

unomas

Banned
Beat it on Vet, but sucking it up online so far, I'm a level 12 and my K/D ratio is around .60 right now, but I was 1.0+ on COD4, MW2, and WAW. Any tips for online? I'm using the MP5 right now with red dot, and I'm getting a little better, but it's tough to go 1.0+ on Teamdeath match when you're constantly getting matched up with 40+ level people who have prestiged multiple times.

Biff

unomas said:
Beat it on Vet, but sucking it up online so far, I'm a level 12 and my K/D ratio is around .60 right now, but I was 1.0+ on COD4, MW2, and WAW. Any tips for online? I'm using the MP5 right now with red dot, and I'm getting a little better, but it's tough to go 1.0+ on Teamdeath match when you're constantly getting matched up with 40+ level people who have prestiged multiple times.
1. Buy AK74u
2. ???
3. K/D 2.00+!

Dresden

unomas said:
MP5 is kind of bad thanks to its recoil. The AK74 or any of the assault rifles will do nicely.

Top Bottom