• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Roche

dskillzhtown said:
I have the worst luck in those.

Been practicing the gametypes in the 1,000 buy-in playlist for a while and I lost two games in High Roller earlier but I think I've finally nailed it down, I feel confident going into the playlist now, which is very handy because I don't feel pressured in-game. I hope it'll come in extremely handy When I prestige, not having to worry about COD points would be sweet.

Alienshogun said:
I'm already pretty much over this game, I'll play it with my friends, but for me, it's just not as fun as Halo (so long as you don't get stuck with quitters).

It's a very well done COD (barring the issues we all know of), but ultimately, it's still COD, and we've played it before.

You could say the same thing about Halo.

How long does it take for a rendered clip to show up online?

N/M it finally showed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMW3r20_91k&feature=player_embedded

Anyways, I was playing CTF and managed to grab the flag. For some reason a teammate decided to box me into a corner preventing me from scoring. The whole time he was shooting me so the enemy would find out where we were. The clip is only 30 seconds of it, but it went on a while longer until an enemy threw a sticky right next to us. Why can't we walk through teammates again?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
You could say the same thing about Halo.

You could, but you would be wrong, Reach is not the same or even comparably similar to Halo 3 as COD 4,5 and 6 have been to eachother.

Hell Halo 2-3 was a significant change, Halo 3 to Reach is a much larger change.

But I'm not here to debate or get into COD < Halo debate, was simply stating that my affinity for the franchise is waning, they need to freshen it up.

Tkawsome said:
How long does it take for a rendered clip to show up online?

N/M it finally showed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMW3r20_91k&feature=player_embedded

Anyways, I was playing CTF and managed to grab the flag. For some reason a teammate decided to box me into a corner preventing me from scoring. The whole time he was shooting me so the enemy would find out where we were. The clip is only 30 seconds of it, but it went on a while longer until an enemy threw a sticky right next to us. Why can't we walk through teammates again?
This is why CTF is my least favorite game mode. Don't get me wrong, I fucking LOVE Capture the Flag, but half the idiots in this game have no idea how to play team-oriented games. They treat everything like it's TDM. As soon as I finished the capture requirements for Marathon Pro, I was done with CTF.

aku:jiki

Tkawsome said:
He wanted you to die so he could steal the flag cap for his Marathon Pro. Last time I unlocked MPro (last week), it was unbearable! Almost every flag cap was a struggle; teammates would do that kind of shit or they'd be so all over the enemy flag that I never got a chance.

The Pro perks are fucking up Demolition a little bit too. People are planting more than ever, which I guess is a cool thing, but often they're just rushing in there to get it done quickly...and they of course die and you don't have any back-up for a honest shot at a plant. :/

aku:jiki said:
He wanted you to die so he could steal the flag cap for his Marathon Pro. Last time I unlocked MPro (last week), it was unbearable! Almost every flag cap was a struggle; teammates would do that kind of shit or they'd be so all over the enemy flag that I never got a chance.

The Pro perks are fucking up Demolition a little bit too. People are planting more than ever, which I guess is a cool thing, but often they're just rushing in there to get it done quickly...and they of course die and you don't have any back-up for a honest shot at a plant. :/

He was the second player on some guys PS3 so he wasn't getting any of the credit. Either he wanted another minute in the game to kill more dudes (which he wasted boxing me in), or he just wasted to be an old fashioned dick.

Disguises

Got 2 chopper gunners then dogs in one game just. *connection interrupted* as soon as I used my dogs :(.

Do matches show up in theater that end abruptly like that one? I can't see it :(

Funky Functionality said:
This is why CTF is my least favorite game mode. Don't get me wrong, I fucking LOVE Capture the Flag, but half the idiots in this game have no idea how to play team-oriented games. They treat everything like it's TDM. As soon as I finished the capture requirements for Marathon Pro, I was done with CTF.

I finally completed that challenge last night and because of that - I will NEVER Prestige nor play CTF again.

LeMaximilian said:
Sure you get some really bad connections, and shit luck games...but I've been able to maintain a K/D of around 3.6 and a win ratio of 2.5.

I have a 1.73 K/D and a negative win ratio - I clearly have much to learn. I know I have it in me to have a 2+ K/D (which would make me more than happy), but I tend to not be patient enough. I like your thoughts about switching between a defensive or offensive class based on ping - I should take that into consideration in my next session. Good thoughts.

One question on that win ratio: is that mainly TDM or Domination? With a K/D like that, I totally see your win ratio being that awesome, but if it's mostly Domination, then I'm really curious to see your map strategies. I pretty much exclusively play Domination (solo), and I find that I can't swing a match by myself. I don't know if that's me not understanding how to play the maps yet, or if the win ratio really is meaningless in that situation.

Myomoto

Am I the only one who thinks the ACOG scope on the Python is kinda ridiculous? You can shoot people with pinpoint accuracy from across the map with that damn thing!

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
divisionbyzorro said:
I have a 1.73 K/D and a negative win ratio - I clearly have much to learn. I know I have it in me to have a 2+ K/D (which would make me more than happy), but I tend to not be patient enough. I like your thoughts about switching between a defensive or offensive class based on ping - I should take that into consideration in my next session. Good thoughts.

One question on that win ratio: is that mainly TDM or Domination? With a K/D like that, I totally see your win ratio being that awesome, but if it's mostly Domination, then I'm really curious to see your map strategies. I pretty much exclusively play Domination (solo), and I find that I can't swing a match by myself. I don't know if that's me not understanding how to play the maps yet, or if the win ratio really is meaningless in that situation.

Ground War primarily, and mostly with friends. At times, regular dom as well. But I'll agree, it's damn near impossible to solo win ground war games for a godawful team. I'd be in a Chopper Gunner, with Dogs running around as a stare down from the sky at 3 enemy points still cap'd with no help in sight. Breaks my heart.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Myomoto said:
Am I the only one who thinks the ACOG scope on the Python is kinda ridiculous? You can shoot people with pinpoint accuracy from across the map with that damn thing!
It's a boss weapon so it should have boss capabilities.

LeMaximilian said:
Ground War primarily, and mostly with friends. At times, regular dom as well. But I'll agree, it's damn near impossible to solo win ground war games for a godawful team. I'd be in a Chopper Gunner, with Dogs running around as a stare down from the sky at 3 enemy points still cap'd with no help in sight. Breaks my heart.

So you don't find ground war to be unplayably laggy? I haven't even touched it once in Black Ops, although that's all I ever played in MW2/W@W. Maybe I should give it a shot.

Stallion Free said:
It's a boss weapon so it should have boss capabilities.

I so desperately want the Python to be like the MW2 Magnum, but it doesn't even come close to that level of magnificence. :(

Dresden

divisionbyzorro said:
So you don't find ground war to be unplayably laggy? I haven't even touched it once in Black Ops, although that's all I ever played in MW2/W@W. Maybe I should give it a shot.
Haven't noticed much difference in lag from Ground War to SnD or TDM, which are the only things I play. Another bonus is that you don't get Firing Range and Nuketown in the rotation.

Alienshogun said:
You could, but you would be wrong, Reach is not the same or even comparably similar to Halo 3 as COD 4,5 and 6 have been to eachother.

Hell Halo 2-3 was a significant change, Halo 3 to Reach is a much larger change.

But I'm not here to debate or get into COD < Halo debate, was simply stating that my affinity for the franchise is waning, they need to freshen it up.

You could argue that Reach's drastic changes have actually put people a bunch of hardcore Halo fans off the game though. Its a fine line to draw, and while I personally am burning out on BO a little earlier than I expected, I dont think it will go down well if they changed the things that make it popular.

Me and my friend are on a 45 game winning streak, the only way we are going to lose is if they put us in a terrible match where we're down an insurmountable amount or we get disconnected. We have been against teams that all had higher than 1.5 k/d and we cleared the lobby. We have had matches where our 4 teammates combined for less than 10 kills. There's probably been more matches where we both get chopper gunners than where neither of us do.

I just want it to end, fearing being put into a bad match everytime we queue up sucks.

Morris

Disco Devil
GGs last night to the PSN crew, that comeback we made on the first game I joined was awesome. I had to bail out when I went 7-28 cuz I was getting really tired, and mad lol... I'm floydnova btw

commish said:
So, is there a nightly PS3 GAF group running or what?

Yeah, add Gibration for a chat invite, i'd add you but I think my friendlist is full :(

Magik

commish said:
So, is there a nightly PS3 GAF group running or what?

Not as far as I know. It would be nice though.

Speaking of ratios, my W/L ratio would be so much better if it didn't ding me for a loss when I leave a match because the matchmaking system dropped me into a game that was clearly over. Its even worse when it drops me back into the same game I left a few seconds ago.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
You could argue that Reach's drastic changes have actually put people a bunch of hardcore Halo fans off the game though. Its a fine line to draw, and while I personally am burning out on BO a little earlier than I expected, I dont think it will go down well if they changed the things that make it popular.

Depends on the changes, SOMETHING needs to freshen it up.

Personally I think we need more games like Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and Operation flashpoint, but that's just me, and I realize I'm in the minority.

Alienshogun said:
Depends on the changes, SOMETHING needs to freshen it up.

Personally I think we need more games like Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and Operation flashpoint, but that's just me, and I realize I'm in the minority.

I think CoD does well because its relativly easy to pick up and play, its aesthetically very realistic which probably makes people feel awesome when they do well, but its a pretty arcadey game - and its good at that.

If they changed the arcadey gameplay to make it more realistic I dont think that would go down well.

So I figured out a nice shotgun class for people that miss using the SPAS from MW2. Olympia with sleight of hand is pretty good on the smaller, close quarters ones.

It's a glitch, but it's not an accidental one. People have figured out how to do it. Treyarch has stated they are punishing people for this.

We should get some GAF CTF games so it can be played properly. I used to love CTF, but it's become unbearable playing with randoms because so many reasons. Marathon Pro being one of them.

Gamertag: Torpedo44

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
I think CoD does well because its relativly easy to pick up and play, its aesthetically very realistic which probably makes people feel awesome when they do well, but its a pretty arcadey game - and its good at that.

If they changed the arcadey gameplay to make it more realistic I dont think that would go down well.

I know, that wasn't my point. I made 1 point and a statement. :D

The Galil with a Silencer and Red Dot is crazy good. Almost game breaking if it catches on. I'm using it right now before the hate starts.

CartridgeBlower said:
We should get some GAF CTF games so it can be played properly. I used to love CTF, but it's become unbearable playing with randoms because so many reasons. Marathon Pro being one of them.

Gamertag: Torpedo44

Only reason I play is to defend the base. Since nobody helps me defend, I tend to get all the kills when the entire enemy team keeps charging our base. I ended that match in the video I posted above with almost fifty kills and I never even tried to get the flag other than that one time. With the Motion Sensor, it makes defending a pretty easy if you're playing against the right people.

Mileena

Banned
Tkawsome said:
The Galil with a Silencer and Red Dot is crazy good. Almost game breaking if it catches on. I'm using it right now before the hate starts.
It's definitely a much better gun without the silencer, as is the AK. I don't understand the need for RDS (on most guns, not just the Galil) either because the iron sights trump any dot sight imo.

On a more awesome note, just did this in hardcore SD. Guy was SO raged.

AnEternalEnigma said:
It's a glitch, but it's not an accidental one. People have figured out how to do it. Treyarch has stated they are punishing people for this.

Punishing people for a glitch they failed to catch? Fuck them if they do. They have bigger problems to worry about. I think I have it bad with connection problems on the 360 but if I was a PS3 or PC owner of this game I'd have snapped my copy in half by now.

corkscrewblow said:
It's definitely a much better gun without the silencer, as is the AK. I don't understand the need for RDS (on most guns, not just the Galil) either because the iron sights trump any dot sight imo.

On a more awesome note, just did this in hardcore SD. Guy was SO raged.

Try the combo. The Red Dot allows you to get a bead on guys farther away and the silencer seems to cut down on recoil so there is very little spread when shooting guys who are far away. The range is just as good, if not better then the standard Galil and I haven't noticed a damage decrease either. Best of all, nobody knows where you're shooting from. I didn't think it would be a good combo either but some guy decimated our team with almost 50 kills with that gun so I needed to try it out. While I haven't had 50 kills yet, I've gotten pretty damn close with the gun.

Mileena

Banned
oh I've used the silencer on it and I just don't like it. I do love the Galil, though I see no good attachments for it so I usually just stick a noob tube on it for free kills. Also to hear people rage.

corkscrewblow said:
oh I've used the silencer on it and I just don't like it. I do love the Galil, though I see no good attachments for it so I usually just stick a noob tube on it for free kills. Also to hear people rage.

It's not just the silencer, it's the combo. Both pieces are just decent by themselves but together, they're godlike.

Top Bottom