• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

unomas

Banned
sw33tclyde said:
AK-74u w/ Grip
Hardline Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Marathon/Ninja/whatever

Thank me later.

Thanks, I'm gonna set up one of my class slots like this. I had never purchased hardline before, just did it right now. Thanks.

I'm a little annoyed with video rendering right now. My first clip rendered beautifully and sits in my YouTube account. But just now I've tried twice to render/upload a clip, and it hasn't appeared yet.

Maybe I just need to be patient? Or is there some sort of trick I'm not aware of?

Dilly

Banned
ChefRamsay said:
I really, really, really hope that means they brought in some engine devs and will not be rehashing the clearly past-its-prime COD4 engine for MW3. Leave that shit for the James Bond series :lol

4 years and 4 games on 1 engine. They've milked it enough and have the resources for a new one. Anything else is unacceptable.

Agreed, the engine already showed its age with Modern Warfare 2.

Reminds me of Need for Speed. New engine for Underground 1 and they also used it for 4 years.

I'm playing on Hardened and the single player is driving me crazy. I die every 30 seconds and find seeing the enimies is a bitch because they blend into the environment so much. You squad AI is also dumb as dirt and they run right past enemies.

jlai

LeMaximilian said:
I run SR71-Chopper gun-dogs.

I got them 3 times in 1 game.

I run the same setup, but it seems like the dogs haven't been getting many kills. Granted, its a small sample size -- something like 8 dogs 40 kills total? I think Chopper gunner is somewhere around 10-80. Thinking about switching to gunship. Is it because I'm activating dogs and doing Chopper Gunner at the same time, therefore reducing the effectiveness of each? I just do it like that for maximum carnage.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Heavy's Sandvich said:
When are you going to make more Street Fighter videos?

I really want to, really. But BO is hella fun, and my motivation to play SSF4 more dwindles because of AE coming out. But, AE will be in a local arcade around here...will def get some vids up around December.

Accidentus

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
You'd be surprised at how many people run right up the stairs without looking; that claymore always gets me a kill in every match on the map.
This is why I use Hacker with basically every class. Nothing's more frusterating than dying to some random claymore 1 kill from Chopper Gunner/Dogs/etc

I was on a rampage earlier today with the Olympia w/slight of hand and lightweight. That combo is a beast and feels very similar to the broken 1887's. I still can't get the hang of the M60 though even with the grip it's still bouncing around too much to hit anything. It also seems to do very little damage, almost everyone I shot managed to escape before they died.

Chrange

Banned
I tried to play today on the 360 and experienced weird stuttering. I thought maybe my 360 was dying, but it would be fine for a couple games and is fine against bots...it was just every couple games I'd get one where it would stutter like crazy. I got a headache playing through a match just to avoid quitting out, then shut it off.

I thought maybe a poor connection, but the link was full green.

unomas

Banned
It should be criminal to use the AK74u with hardline, grip, etc. etc. I get a claymore kill, a kill with the AK74u and suddenly I've got my RC car for another kill or two and then more gun kills and before you know it I'm bringing Napalm down from the sky. Can anyone recommend something better than Napalm at the 4, 5, or 6 kill mark? And also something at the 7 kill mark that will do big damage? Thanks, finally got my K/D to 1.0 after finishing 17-3 in team deathmatch.

Dresden

unomas said:
It should be criminal to use the AK74u with hardline, grip, etc. etc. I get a claymore kill, a kill with the AK74u and suddenly I've got my RC car for another kill or two and then more gun kills and before you know it I'm bringing Napalm down from the sky. Can anyone recommend something better than Napalm at the 4, 5, or 6 kill mark? And also something at the 7 kill mark that will do big damage? Thanks, finally got my K/D to 1.0 after finishing 17-3 in team deathmatch.
7 is worthless, either go for the SR71 or take the 9 slot for chopper gunner.

Napalm is wonderful for objective games, less so for TDM. I run Napalm-SR71-Chopper Gunner, usually. I used to have spy plane but there's always a few people getting that up, and the Blackbird is amazing.

Napalm is just the most fun to use, though. I love how the character models sometimes scream--I rushed the place where I'd dropped it and I could hear them going YAAAAAAA. :lol It's all fun and games until you respawn right into your own napalm. FML.

nomoment

Chrange said:
I tried to play today on the 360 and experienced weird stuttering. I thought maybe my 360 was dying, but it would be fine for a couple games and is fine against bots...it was just every couple games I'd get one where it would stutter like crazy. I got a headache playing through a match just to avoid quitting out, then shut it off.

I thought maybe a poor connection, but the link was full green.
It's happened to me a handful of times with 3 and 4 bar connections as well. Seems like another bug. Thankfully, it doesn't happen too often.

Damn I haven't gotten many kills at all with grenades.

Probably killed less than 20 people with it. Seems like you cant throw them that far anymore

Oh how I miss spawning as a Marine in Crossfire(CoD4) and running to the building with the satellite dish and throwing a blind nade to the left of it and getting 1-3 kills if people were rushing the little cafe without marathon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ExtraKr1spy said:

Probably killed less than 20 people with it. Seems like you cant throw them that far anymore

Oh how I miss spawning as a Marine in Crossfire(CoD4) and running to the building with the satellite dish and throwing a blind nade to the left of it and getting 1-3 kills if people were rushing the little cafe without marathon.

Just cook them for longer. Although in objective games like Demolition, people almost know to avoid all the initial nade spam.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
ExtraKr1spy said:

I got "most grenade kills" and/or "most semtex kills" in 75% of my matches in MW2, but I suck with them in Blops. They seem less powerful and yeah, the throw distance is much shorter. More realistic, I guess? Just feels weird.

tsigo

vatstep said:
I got "most grenade kills" and/or "most semtex kills" in 75% of my matches in MW2, but I suck with them in Blops. They seem less powerful and yeah, the throw distance is much shorter. More realistic, I guess? Just feels weird.

Yeah the changed arc is really fucking with me. I could practically thread a Semtex through the eye of a needle in MW2 but here I can't even get it through a giant window. Just need to practice more I guess.

vatstep said:

that makes sense but then they add that trail when you throw the grenades :lol I mean its fun watching it arc but gives away your position too.

Sticky Grenades are loud too. Few times I've heard enemies nearby pulling the fuse and I've run out of the room just in time. Dodged them a few times and have been killed trying to throw them into a room.

JimmyBoy

sw33tclyde said:
AK-74u w/ Grip
Hardline Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Marathon/Ninja/whatever

Thank me later.

Using the same thing. You can go for the SAM/CP/Turret craziness because you can reroll or just take a sure thing with napalm/SR71/chopper. Either way it's awesome.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe it's just me then - I didn't really have any trouble with grenades when I was grinding Scavenger Pro. :lol

JimmyBoy said:
Using the same thing. You can go for the SAM/CP/Turret craziness because you can reroll or just take a sure thing with napalm/SR71/chopper. Either way it's awesome.

Is the grip better than rapid fire?

GeekyDad

:lol @ Hardline Pro.

Running spy plane, SAM turret, and care package. The trade-ins have been insane: Blackbird, Death Machine, Dogs...

Excuse me while I go shower. :D

I've been using CP/Sentry/Blackbird lately - 2 rerolls for me and the SR71 for mah team. Though as good as this setup is, I need to switch to some of the higher killstreaks. Yesterday I went 17-0 on TDM before dying, and I've been doing some work in Demolition as well. I'm thinking CP/Blackbird/? - so what would be best as my third?

The radar jammer is really starting to grow on me, it's very effective at shattering the enemies defenses. Throw that in the corner of a room where the enemies are holed up and it just turns to chaos. Nobody knows where to look, where the shooting is coming from or where their teammates are, meanwhile I'm in the center taking them all out one by one.

tsigo

Man, why do people like Nuke Town? I hate it. If it comes up, I'll leave the lobby, doesn't matter what else is going on. And yet every time that map comes up for vote, it always gets chosen.

The M.O.B

Does this game have some sort of Aim Assist on PC version?

I could have swore that my cross-hairs were almost controlling themselves. I recently went prestige and I was Headshotting guys with the SMG in my very first round for today. Felt like something was definitely assiting my aim.

I will put a clip up in a couple minutes, very weird.

Okay, everyone knows the SMG class:

AK-74u w/ Grip and Rapidfire

Of course, you need to use Warlord Pro. And then you want to use Scavenger, which teams well with the fast ammo burn of your weapon as well as the extra 'nades of Warlord.

Not required, but what I'm finding extra helpful is to add Tac Mask Pro as your third perk on that class. You're probably going to be spamming your concussion grenades since you get three of them and they refill, so it's great to see where exactly the enemy is, especially to get the jump on them with Rapid Fire.

Also, you're nearly immune to other tactical grenades. I find this is great because when I'm spamming concussions, I will often hit both myself and the enemy or sometimes get a bad bounce and stun myself. It's nice not to have to worry about that screwing up my killstreak because Tac Mask Pro mitigates the effect.

Anyway, if you want to run a third perk on that class other than Marathon/Ninja/Hacker, I'd recommend trying Tac Mask. It jives really well with both Scavenger and Warlord, and it's nice when everything works in beautiful synergy.

Tkawsome said:
The radar jammer is really starting to grow on me, it's very effective at shattering the enemies defenses. Throw that in the corner of a room where the enemies are holed up and it just turns to chaos. Nobody knows where to look, where the shooting is coming from or where their teammates are, meanwhile I'm in the center taking them all out one by one.

I use the Jammer with my Olympia/Sleight of Hand class. It's great because I'm going to be making noise anyway, and I have to get as close as possible.

Top Bottom