• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Lackmus

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I'm sure that will make him feel a lot better about his situation.

yeah, i feel better when 12 year old kids tell me to "buy a better computer lol" when i'm sitting with a i7 and GTX 460.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Lackmus said:
yeah, i feel better when 12 year old kids tell me to "buy a better computer lol" when i'm sitting with a i7 and GTX 460.

What problems are you having exactly?

I see you have a Nvidia card so try uninstalling old drivers and try these new ones. (Been working great for me)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=333129

Also, biggest thing you need to do is when looking for games use the in game server browser and join servers in your country with sub 100ms ping.

As a test the other day I tried joining a server outside my country with 200ms or so ping and the game was simply unplayable with shit just skipping everywhere.

It is easy enough to keep track of your ping in game, so if you notice your ping is jumping around all over the place that is something to keep in mind.

BlinkGT said:
MW2 issues were glitches, fixed one month after release.

BO issues will not be fixed because the game himself is broken (hitboxes, respawns, sound...).

First let me say: I'm far from a Black Ops apologist. A lot of the posts in this thread have been about issues and stuff that should be fixed so I have no problem with complaining about the game. With that said...

The hit boxes, respawns, host migration and lag are all just as bad as it was in MW2. I'm complaining about enemies respawning behind me, getting killed the second I manage to get behind cover and putting a full clip into some dude and they still don't die just as often as I did in MW2. Even the host migration is working just as off/on. You guys are all wearing rose tinted glasses.

MCX

Banned
I know this question is subjective but I'll ask it anyway. What's the best primary/secondary combo and what are the best perks to stack?

tsigo

:lol Holy fucking shit. I'm level 46. I just now realized that completing the challenges for Pro Perks doesn't just give you the Pro version of that perk... you have to pay to unlock it. Wow. I think my game may slightly improve now!

Maffis

Well this will be the first COD I won't prestige in since MW1. Getting all those Pro Perks again... are they fucking dumb down there at Treyarch? How the hell is someone supposed to actually want to grind through to Tactical Mask Pro again, every time you prestige? They should not reset...

Maffis said:
Well this will be the first COD I won't prestige in since MW1. Getting all those Pro Perks again... are they fucking dumb down there at Treyarch? How the hell is someone supposed to actually want to grind through to Tactical Mask Pro again, every time you prestige? They should not reset...

I agree. The ability to go "Pro" should carry over from Prestige to Prestige-you should only have to pay the fee each time you want to "go pro"-but once it's unlocked, it's unlocked.

I have to say that I really want those custom class slots but I don't want to do the Pro Perk grind again. This is one instance I might actually be willing to pay for a microtransition-to buy extra custom class slots instead of having to Prestige. I couldn't care less about the color clan tag.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Raiden said:
That is kinda a weird question, you automatically have the final killcam kill, if you want the slowmotion, just press the trigger a bit :p

I just like the presentation of the final kill cams with the HUG and player cards etc :D But that is true I guess

I made it to level 28 on Five yesterday. By myself. :D Just goes to show you how fucking dumb teammates can be. I was riding the elevator every 10 seconds, which teammates refuse to do for some reason. I got lucky and got a Ray Gun and Winter's Howl right off the bat, which helps so much.

Lackmus

Banned
GeoNeo said:
Under programs and features in control panel.

Or, simply download the new drivers and it should uninstall the old ones for you.

The game is still unplayable :/

Major stuttering/fps drops when im close to an enemy/shooting/hear a granade/reloading etc.

but ty for the help.

So I ended up prestiging today. The first few levels are painful! You're stuck with killstreaks that are complete ass, and since I'm not any good with the burst-fire rifles, I don't get a good assault rifle until the FAMAS (the Enfield is a piece of complete shit). Ugh.

On the plus side, I can grab the perks I want almost instantly, and the MP5 with Steady Aim isn't a half-bad gun, so I guess I'll be doing a lot of SMG rushing for a while!

GeekyDad

MarshMellow96 said:
You do realise who posted that right? :lol

:lol "A biblical beasting of unproportions."

I don't even know what that means, but he mangled those bots pretty good. LOL

Silliness.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
MCX said:
I know this question is subjective but I'll ask it anyway. What's the best primary/secondary combo and what are the best perks to stack?

It really depends on your play style.

If you like to run and gun, Scavenger Pro, Warlord Pro/Steady Aim Pro and Tactical Mask Pro with the AK74u is king at the moment.

If you could put a silencer on the G11, it'd be great. But if you just stack it with a jammer, using it with Ghost Pro and Ninja Pro would make it a good camping combo. Most people would rather use the silenced Galil though.

I would think a Flak Jacket Pro/Hardened Pro/Tactical Mask Pro with an LMG would be pretty good for Demolition games. You neutralize all the grenade spam and napalm strikes. :lol

Myomoto

Just hit my first prestige. I think I might actually stick to using the M16 for a while, I basically abandoned it the first time around.

Disguises

Played this game pretty much every day since launch and have had none of the issues that everyone has been complaining about, however, I've had some terrible framerate issues today. Every once in a while, the game would run at 5fps for around 5 seconds at a time. No idea why (no one was lagging in the game) and it pretty much kills the game. Weird that I should suddenly run into this issue :(. (360 version btw)

Edit: Also - recorded this clip today, was quite random http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPD9Jj3acaY. I need to use the crossbow more....

MCX said:

Right before I prestiged, I was using this combo to great effect (I exclusively play Domination/Ground War):

Primary: Commando + Reflex
Secondary: RPG (great for Domination flag defense)
Equipment: Frag/Concussion/Claymore
Blue Perk: Hardline Pro
Orange Perk: Sleight of Hand Pro
Green Perk: Hacker Pro
Killstreaks: Spy Plane -> Napalm Strike -> Chopper Gunner

Sometimes I'll mix it up and run the same thing with AK74u + Dual Mags, with Steady Aim instead of Sleight of Hand. And if things go bad, I switch for a Galil + Suppressor, with Ghost instead of Hardline. I do switch out the assault rifle on the main class just for grins every once in a while, but I keep the same basic class all the time.

Disguises said:
Played this game pretty much every day since launch and have had none of the issues that everyone has been complaining about, however, I've had some terrible framerate issues today. Every once in a while, the game would run at 5fps for around 5 seconds at a time. No idea why (no one was lagging in the game) and it pretty much kills the game. Weird that I should suddenly run into this issue :(. (360 version btw)

Edit: Also - recorded this clip today, was quite random http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPD9Jj3acaY. I need to use the crossbow more....

My room-mate and I had this problem a few days after the game came out. We thought it was our shitty connection because our bars dropped to the red when it happened, interesting that others are still experiencing this. And yeah it ruins the game, you cannot play when it's chugging along like this.

360 as well.

tsigo

Disguises said:

Like this? Cause yeah, I've had that happen about five times so far.

BlinkGT said:
It is called camping, "i don't play the objectives but i don't care, i look strong". It was his purpose, he admits it, but i couldn't be proud of this, personally.

But i admit it's the way you have to play BO to have a good k/d ratio, because everyone is waiting for you to rush the flags. This is the COD mentality, there is NO team play in public matches.
You can have a good k/d from tdm.

Elpresador is a god.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm currently using assault rifles and the recoil is seriously killing me. Is there anything i can do to make it easier / better to use? or should i just change to a different play style ?

evlcookie said:
I'm currently using assault rifles and the recoil is seriously killing me. Is there anything i can do to make it easier / better to use? or should i just change to a different play style ?
Ak74u with grip, have fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's probably why they give you the M-16 first. It's hard to get used to, but don't hold down the trigger - try to fire in bursts.

You'll also notice people doing the stupid diving thing the moment they see you. They do that because it greatly reduces recoil.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
cuevas said:
Ak74u with grip, have fun.

I gave this a shot after reading about it yesterday. It did nothing for me for some reason :lol

I hate the diving thing but i do need to start doing it i guess. I always have the tendency to do it at a demo spot and i end up flying past it :lol

Just beat the game on Veteran and wow it wasn't that hard at all, minus a few key parts. CoD4 and WaW were much worse. Chernobyl escape never forget.

tsigo

evlcookie said:

G11 and a Commando with a Suppressor are pretty good about recoil.

Glowingmonx said:
Poor guy is going to get his inbox spammed now. WingsOfRedemption is a douche for bashing someone he doesn't even know.

Glowingmonx said:
WingsOfRedemption is a douche for bashing someone he doesn't even know.

Glowingmonx said:
WingsOfRedemption is a douche

Truer words have never been spoken.

The guy knows how to play Call of Duty, but damn if he isn't obnoxious.

I have to admit, I was laughing my ass off with the guy pulled out his Strella-3 and started scanning the air for a friendly attack helicopter. :lol :lol

Mik2121

I got two great vids. One was something that happened while I was talking with a friend via messenger but also playing the game. I placed a claymore behind me to cover my ass while chatting for a sec, and some guy came by...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EDbln1xmKQ

And this other video is from a double kill with a knife. The second guy was probably all nervous trying to kill me but he had some equipment or something and took him a while to get the knife :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8m0fvmj-9k

Oh and lastly, a cool triple kill during the same game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJHfxQoEWdE

UFnVY.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlBwBwxdikQ

PatzCU

I LOL'd pretty good at that tomahawk hitting the helicopter.

What's the deal with matchmaking on the 'Five' zombie level? It always says 'migrating host' right as the game is about to begin and drops our party. Everything works fine on the WWII zombie level.

This is on 360 btw.

zlatko

Banned
Wow @ that awesome tomohawk to copter action.

I finally put in a few hours today after a long hiatus from the game, so I just now got to experience the patch on 360 for myself. I still can't successfully get into a game with one of my friends constantly, I still had laggy games where host had to be picked, had a game where the host was changed not 1, 2, 3, 4, but 5 times in a god damn row, and I still had several instances of people standing completely still and my bullets not effecting them.

So the first patch is a dud for me on that end, but at least I was able to get into games with my other friends and didn't have to replay the same map more than once.

Top Bottom