• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Xux

Tkawsome said:
The radar jammer is really starting to grow on me, it's very effective at shattering the enemies defenses. Throw that in the corner of a room where the enemies are holed up and it just turns to chaos. Nobody knows where to look, where the shooting is coming from or where their teammates are, meanwhile I'm in the center taking them all out one by one.

I like how it messes up voice chat.

Xux said:
It gets pretty quiet and distorted.

Are you sure it's not just the sound effects when you're near the device? It has that static sound with some very muted voices playing behind it. The sounds even play for the person who put it down if they're close enough to the device.

Xux

Tkawsome said:
Are you sure it's not just the sound effects when you're near the device? It has that static sound with some very muted voices playing behind it. The sounds even play for the person who put it down if they're close enough to the device.

No, it's definitely my friend's voice getting messed up.

tsigo

So is there a trick to sabotaging enemy eqiupment/turrets with Hacker Pro? I was right next to an active enemy turret but didn't get a prompt to do anything.

hey guys

codboplayercard.jpg
:D

Mully

Scarecrow said:
that's a day ruiner, right there

Happened to me yesterday in S&D. Down to the final two guys on Summit. Pulled out my RC car inside the main building near the stairs. Suddenly a Tomahawk smashed through the window, bounced 2x, and hit my RC car just as I started to control it.

After that game, I had to turn off my Xbox and just run off my pure anger.

unomas

Banned
I think I'm addicted to the multi in this game even with the sometimes horrendous lag. Finished up my last game 18-6 on TDM, and got my k/d to 1.10. I still have some rough games when my teammates are shite, and good players on the other team start rolling, but with the tips from here and getting a better handle on the game; I'm finally starting to catch on a bit. I want to see how they're going to top the addiction factor in the next game; this might be my last COD for a few years.

Patrick Bateman said:
how to spot a broken game -

- launch game

- see Treyarch logo

:lol :lol
:lol

Really though, anyone who thinks this is any more broken than MW2 is disillusion. This game has it's share of problems but nothing on the level of hacked game modes, Javelin suicide bombs or the 1887's. Remember the care package and how it let people run like the flash? Those were not fun times.

Tkawsome said:

Really though, anyone who thinks this is any more broken than MW2 is disillusion. This game has it's share of problems but nothing on the level of hacked game modes, Javelin suicide bombs or the 1887's. Remember the care package and how it let people run like the flash? Those were not fun times.
Like, Black Ops could be the better game, but the shit doesn't work half the time. PS3 version.

Tkawsome said:

Those are the "special problems" MW2 had, but BO doesn't even do the simple things right that MW2 did before.

See net code, host imigration, mute option, stability etc. The "special problems" of BO are just the cherry on the pile of shit.

aku:jiki

luoapp said:
They reduced the damage of nades in BO, I guess that's why you don't get as many kills.
Did they really? I feel like the blast radius is the biggest it's ever been, feels like if there's an indicator on my screen in Blops, I WILL die, where in MW2 it was at least sometimes possible to run away.

Has DenKirson or anyone done the research on the nades? Maybe it's just the lag that's making it harder to escape.

Tkawsome said:

I love how GAF loves to describe MW2 as it was in the first month, but when someone criticizes Black Ops, GAF says "but Treyarch can patch it!" Like IW didn't patch the javelin glitch, 1887s, care package running speed and care package glitch 11 months ago...

BlinkGT

Tkawsome said:

MW2 issues were glitches, fixed one month after release.

BO issues will not be fixed because the game himself is broken (hitboxes, respawns, sound...).

So anyone else figure out the tricks to making 2 enemies spawn behind you?
Works flawlessly on Nuketown but its easy to do on any map.

Every map has "triggers" that if your team passes the game spawns 2 enemies opponents behind you.

Trick is, you let your team pass by you, walk to the trigger area, cross it, turn around, prepare to see 2 guys who just spawned, kill em.

On Nuketown, Firing Range and some others you can spawn kill over and over..because...the games broke as a motherfucker lol.

Raiden

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
how to spot a broken game -

- launch game

- see Treyarch logo

:lol :lol

I like how you keep complaining about everything in your last posts about Black Ops, you sound just like me bitching about Modern Warfare 2 when i sucked in it.

Raiden said:
I like how you keep complaining about everything in your last posts about Black Ops, you sound just like me bitching about Modern Warfare 2 when i sucked in it.

Well, I wouldn't call myself the best COD-player in the world, but 3 out of 4 times I'm somewhere at the top in MP games. I'm complaining, because I'm not able (due to shitty programming) to play the game as I want to play it. Or at least should be played like...

Pkm said:
So anyone else figure out the tricks to making 2 enemies spawn behind you?
Works flawlessly on Nuketown but its easy to do on any map.

Every map has "triggers" that if your team passes the game spawns 2 enemies opponents behind you.

Trick is, you let your team pass by you, walk to the trigger area, cross it, turn around, prepare to see 2 guys who just spawned, kill em.

On Nuketown, Firing Range and some others you can spawn kill over and over..because...the games broke as a motherfucker lol.
That's how we dominate tdm when one of us
gets a chopper gunner, just control where they're going to spawn

And every game since cod2 has had shitty netcode, black ops is just as bad as all the other ones

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Raiden said:

nah there are really big problems present in the PS3 version.

its frustrating trying to join a friend's party and it only working 1 in every 10 attempts or having to turn off your PS3 because the game freezes on "waiting for other players".

GeekyDad

i_am_ben said:

its frustrating trying to join a friend's party and it only working 1 in every 10 attempts or having to turn off your PS3 because the game freezes on "waiting for other players".

Yeah, I think the guys over on Beyond termed it best: patch abuse.

It's one thing to fix unforeseeable problems, but it's obvious to everyone that the game needed to ship and it left the studio in disrepair. My main concern, though, is: can they repair what's broken? I'm not talking about design choices. I don't have a problem with the Ninja perk, the spawn points, or the blast radius of frags. I want to be sure the matchmaking, lag, and other technical issues DO get ironed out. If not, then they've simply put a broken product out on the market. If anyone were to prove they had knowledge of that before doing so, Activision could be making another trip to court. These guys have gotten way too lax with the way they manufacture products.

Raiden

Banned
i_am_ben said:

Ah well, cant comment on that, i just thought he was playing 360 version for some reason.

Like i said before, i really dont have big issues with my game on the 360, last night i played for a solid 6 hours, 1 disconnect and 2 laggy matches, and with laggy i mean some stuttering here and there, and then host migration kicked in.

Ofc there are crappy spawn, just like in all the COD's before.

BlinkGT

JB1981 said:
What. The. Fuck.
It is called camping, "i don't play the objectives but i don't care, i look strong". It was his purpose, he admits it, but i couldn't be proud of this, personally.

But i admit it's the way you have to play BO to have a good k/d ratio, because everyone is waiting for you to rush the flags. This is the COD mentality, there is NO team play in public matches.

The Fuckin(FN) Fal is a nightmare for Snipers, its so damn accurate and powerful, it gives your opponent a false sense hope. Being semi-automatic, just adds fuel to the fire. Your not going to win any long range battles against anyone good at using this AR, shit even at medium range its a beast.

I can come close, using the Galil, Reflex, burst reticule at long range with short controlled burst.

kamspy

I'm up to lvl 40, and I still haven't felt spammed by a repeating tactic or over powered weapon.

I don't think I've said that about many FPS games.

Top Bottom