• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Alienshogun said:
You're using it wrong, toss it behind you or in another avenue of approach to let you know if someone is coming.

How I'm supposed to use it properly and how I'm supposed to satisfy the conditions of getting the Pro perk are two different stories. I probably have twice as many assists as kills with the damn stuff. :lol

Mr Sandman said:
Agreed. And it's great for Search, Demo, Dom, etc. Throw it on a spot you know someone is hiding in and either they run out high as shit or they'll choke to death (happens a lot, I get kills all the time). They should bump up the time until it disappears though. Remember Allied Assault SH's smoke grenades? :lol

Yep, now that I just got my Pro upgrade, I can finally start playing properly again. Thank god I don't give a care about playing sniper though, because Scout Pro looks insane. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
firehawk12 said:
How I'm supposed to use and how I'm supposed to satisfy the conditions of getting the Pro perk are two different stories. I probably have twice as many assists as kills with the damn stuff. :lol

You can kill people with it?

I've sat in my own gas for a full duration and not died.

Dresden

Alienshogun said:

It takes 8 ticks to kill, supposedly. Almost impossible with the gas alone... but if you shoot someone and they go hide, or if they're wounded and they get hit with it, you get a few kills here and there with it. Deals about 13 damage a tick.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Alienshogun said:

The perk conditions are to get it to "hit" and then kill them with a gun.

But I did get a kill with it once - you need to have it land right on the guy when it explodes.

God damn, walking into a flashbang is awesome. Makes offensive rushing so much fun. :lol

Dresden said:
It takes 8 ticks to kill, supposedly. Almost impossible with the gas alone... but if you shoot someone and they go hide, or if they're wounded and they get hit with it, you get a few kills here and there with it. Deals about 13 damage a tick.
Yeah with Demo, etc everyone is always wounded somewhat from all the shrapnel that it's easy to get a kill.

aku:jiki

I love Nova Gas! It rarely kills but that's not the point anyway. Like I posted before, I look at it like a smoke grenade that's also a stun grenade that sticks around for a bit. It messes up their visibility, makes them move slow and hurts them all at the same time, AWESOME! :D

Tactical Mask Pro really, really didn't feel worth all that work though. Stunning someone and revealing their position is a lot less useful than running anywhere, going silent or seeing equipment through walls. :/

Having it on when you run into a stun-spammer is awesome though. Fuck your stun, son! Bring it! :lol

aku:jiki said:
I love Nova Gas! It rarely kills but that's not the point anyway. Like I posted before, I look at it like a smoke grenade that's also a stun grenade that sticks around for a bit. It messes up their visibility, makes them move slow and hurts them all at the same time, AWESOME! :D

Tactical Mask Pro really, really didn't feel worth all that work though. Stunning someone and revealing their position is a lot less useful than running anywhere, going silent or seeing equipment through walls. :/

Having it on when you run into a stun-spammer is awesome though. Fuck your stun, son! Bring it! :lol
Knowing where the sunned person is is great, but it's the fact that you can spam stuns and not be affected yourself as well as being immune to others' that makes it worth it.

Scavenger Pro + Warlord Pro + Tac Mask Pro = ultimate troll class. Equip an SMG with rapid fire and have fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mr Sandman said:
Knowing where the sunned person is is great, but it's the fact that you can spam stuns and not be affected yourself as well as being immune to others' that makes it worth it.

Scavenger Pro + Warlord Pro + Tac Mask Pro = ultimate troll class. Equip an SMG with rapid fire and have fun.

Yup, that's how I'm rolling. Although I still use Steady Aim Pro for some reason. What's worth including to make up for losing hipfire accuracy?

Maffis

firehawk12 said:
Yup, that's how I'm rolling. Although I still use Steady Aim Pro for some reason. What's worth including to make up for losing hipfire accuracy?

It's definitely a little annoying to get used to, but SMG's with rapid fire can kill pretty fast, even on long range, if you have a good aim through the sight.

This shit's not getting better, but worse. Games with no lags or connection errors were the exception.

If they can't fix it with the next patch, I'll sell it. Fuck it, for even wanting almost 70€ for this piece of trash..

Customer () 11/20/2010 09:58 AM
How do you turn off the voice chat in multi-player? In COD: Modern Warfare 2 it was easy, you just turned the "Voice" audio setting all the way down. All this does in Black Ops is turn down the in-game voices and not the other people playing.

Response (Thien Nguyen) 11/21/2010 02:38 AM
Hello and thank you for contacting Activision Technical Support,

There is no global mute option available for the game. Each player would have to be muted individually through the game lobby or within the game. There is no method by which to mute all players at once.

How can a successor be that much worse than its predecessor?

LordAlu

Demolition is really getting on my nerves right now. I only need two more plants to get the Ninja Pro unlock, and I was on a good well organised team and doing well. Then the host migration kicked in (i.e. it didn't even try and just booted everyone out) and the lobby closed.

Now I can't find any decent players. I'm having trouble getting anywhere near the planting stage, and when I do I always get killed because the two other players who were around me just buggered off and left me wide open. Over an hour now and not a single plant! GRRRRRR!

For the TDM players, does it seem like games are much shorter this time around? Feels like the games I play finish up super fast compared to MW2. May just be my imagination but my team is at like 6500 in no time at all.

CitizenCope said:
What gun is that? I think I like. I always use the M-16 or Famas depending on the map. My problem is I power up BLOPS and I want to just jump in a game right away so I hardly ever mess with my perks, guns etc...
it's the commando

Alienshogun said:
Oh really?

I think you need to keep up to date on the game industry!
I've not been keeping up with the lawsuit news but IW have been hiring a lot lately, inlcuding a senior MP designer for doom 4, so presumably they're working on MW3 despite the mess?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
celestial body said:
I've not been keeping up with the lawsuit news but IW have been hiring a lot lately, inlcuding a senior MP designer for doom 4, so presumably they're working on MW3 despite the mess?

Its still not Infinity Ward though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
celestial body said:

There is no IW anymore, many of them moved on to another company, Sledgehammer is the newly formed group taking over "IW's" COD.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
IW has been "reconstructed" according to the Vivendi CEO

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6284314.html

The Financial Times reports that, unsurprisingly, Levy was thrilled with the $650 million, five-day sales performance of Call of Duty: Black Ops, which broke Modern Warfare 2's record-breaking five-day sales of $550 million.

"We have broken our own record. I am very, very pleased," Levy said. "The Treyarch studio, which made this year's game, has done better than what Infinity Ward could achieve a year ago."

Levy went on to directly discuss Infinity Ward, which was beset by mass staff defections after Activision fired studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West in March. He said that Activision has "got over" the problems and fully rebuilt Infinity Ward. "We have reconstructed Infinity Ward, [and] we are very happy with the way we have been able to reconstruct it," said Levy. Papers filed in a May lawsuit confirmed the studio is currently working on Modern Warfare 3.

The executive went on to say that going forward, the Call of Duty series will have a three-studio strategy, with Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer Games each working on an offshoot of the franchise. Though little is known about the latter's unnamed COD game, it is rumored it will be a science fiction spin-off of the franchise

Pc version has been smooth for me. The occasional stutter when I'm real up close to a dude can happen but I manage. One thing I like about this game is that if an awful map starts loading(nuketown, BARF) I can just hit esc and find a new server.

Wuahahahaha

Getting my ass handed to me on regular TDM but as soon as I hit lvl 19 I went to Hardcore and payback time.

Like previous games Semi-Auto dominates HC. M14 is a beast and I cant wait to get the FAL which is even more accurate.

Tried sniping but the maps aren't really sniper friendly. Didn't have trouble with the sniper rifles damage(didn't try on regular TDM).

Biff

Alienshogun said:
There is no IW anymore, many of them moved on to another company, Sledgehammer is the newly formed group taking over "IW's" COD.
I really, really, really hope that means they brought in some engine devs and will not be rehashing the clearly past-its-prime COD4 engine for MW3. Leave that shit for the James Bond series :lol

4 years and 4 games on 1 engine. They've milked it enough and have the resources for a new one. Anything else is unacceptable.

Scarecrow

Jeez. I'm getting owned by dudes that stand stark still right when they see me. It's like I'm playing against bots.

I've gotten some manual chopper gunners recently due to lucky care packages. It always seemed to me in vids I've seen that people can move the reticule around really fast, but when I try, it's pretty slow. Am I missing something?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Scarecrow said:
Jeez. I'm getting owned by dudes that stand stark still right when they see me. It's like I'm playing against bots.

I've gotten some manual chopper gunners recently due to lucky care packages. It always seemed to me in vids I've seen that people can move the reticule around really fast, but when I try, it's pretty slow. Am I missing something?

I'm guessing that's PC version?

cameltoe

Scarecrow said:

its seems guys like max speed up the video..at least thats what it looks like to me.

ChefRamsay said:
4 years and 4 games on 1 engine. They've milked it enough and have the resources for a new one. Anything else is unacceptable.

The graphics are not going to get much better if at all, and they want to maintain "60fps" on consoles, so doubt we will see the engine retired in this gen, especially with them pumping out the games each year.

The engine is an old engine they modified, doubt they would create a new one, and almost all the other engines being used do not reach 60fps on consoles which is their primary target audience.

LordAlu

Scarecrow said:

It goes slower if you're aiming down the sights, just like normal guns. Are you doing that and not realising?

unomas

Banned
Thanks to those who assured me life would get easier online once I got my hands on the 74u. My k/d ratio has slowly climbed up above .90 from my previous .60, and while I'm not dominating games I'm definitely getting the hang of it. I love my claymores, ghost, ninja, and either warlord or hardened as my perks. I'm still trying to decide if I like it better with iron sights or red dot.

Scarecrow

LordAlu said:
It goes slower if you're aiming down the sights, just like normal guns. Are you doing that and not realising?
nah, I know the difference b/n the two. maybe it's due to my larger screen as opposed to a tiny youtube video. it's not like I have the opportunity to test it out much :lol

firehawk12 said:
Extra lethal and tactical grenades (from Pro) as well as rapid fire + silencer (or grip, optics, etc).

unomas said:
Thanks to those who assured me life would get easier online once I got my hands on the 74u. My k/d ratio has slowly climbed up above .90 from my previous .60, and while I'm not dominating games I'm definitely getting the hang of it. I love my claymores, ghost, ninja, and either warlord or hardened as my perks. I'm still trying to decide if I like it better with iron sights or red dot.

AK-74u w/ Grip
Hardline Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Marathon/Ninja/whatever

Thank me later.

J-Rzez

A friend said it's double xp weekend, is this correct?

Also, is there any word on a new patch to fix the absolute mess MP has been since launch on the PS3 version? Lag has seemingly gotten worse, and it's near impossible to play games in a party with your friends. So many DC's, non-host migrations, "server/lobby closed", etc, that the game is basically unplayable at this point. I thought I read there was a patch due to remedy these?

Top Bottom