• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Plissken

hayejin said:
Sorry if this has been answered before.
Is dead ops playable online coop? If so, how? Can't seem to send invite to game or join or anything.

Not sure what system you are on, but on PC you just invite people to your party from within zombie mode, choose Dead Ops as the map, and you can do 4 player co-op. I would imagine it would work the same on consoles.

X26

Banned
aku:jiki said:
I've seriously fucking had it with people playing TDM in the objective modes... It's so much worse than it ever was in MW2 because of the fucking Pro perks! The Pro perks should mean that there's much more objective play going on, but there so isn't! All they do is mad dash in to make a retarded plant that's going to be defused immediately (because that's a more efficient way of getting the pro perks, immediate defuses mean you have infinite plant attempts) and when they get bored of that and/or finish, they just stick around and play TDM and completely ruin the match.

I am so not feeling like I'm getting my money's worth right now; why do they have the right to ruin my game like that? It's not like I can grief them back by planting, they don't give a fuck. New map to play TDM on, yay! There needs to start being bannings for this kind of shit.

I bet this is where GAF tries to claim I'm one of them because of some of my previous posts. There's a difference between locking down a plant site and straight-up playing TDM!

should play more domination, I'm surprised by how many actively go for objectives and such, it helps that it's so fast paced and the point bonuses for caps/defends is pretty good

demolition and sabotage have always been and always will be garbage quasi-tdm camp fests, I avoid both modes like the plaque

think it would help to at the least disable certain killstreaks from certain objective modes, but that'll never happen

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Chrange said:
Had a weird glitch last night. Got the Valkyrie rockets and every time I'd fire them, it would blow up immediately and give me a 'mistakes were made'

But it wouldn't use the rockets up, so I decided to keep trying. 17 deaths later, I gave up.

Next match I got them again and they worked fine. I don't get it...

Well......you sure are persistent.

eek5

aku:jiki said:
I've seriously fucking had it with people playing TDM in the objective modes... It's so much worse than it ever was in MW2 because of the fucking Pro perks! The Pro perks should mean that there's much more objective play going on, but there so isn't! All they do is mad dash in to make a retarded plant that's going to be defused immediately (because that's a more efficient way of getting the pro perks, immediate defuses mean you have infinite plant attempts) and when they get bored of that and/or finish, they just stick around and play TDM and completely ruin the match.

I am so not feeling like I'm getting my money's worth right now; why do they have the right to ruin my game like that? It's not like I can grief them back by planting, they don't give a fuck. New map to play TDM on, yay! There needs to start being bannings for this kind of shit.

I bet this is where GAF tries to claim I'm one of them because of some of my previous posts. There's a difference between locking down a plant site and straight-up playing TDM!
Try using a mic. I've had a lot of success talking. There is a small group of people who play randoms that use mics but never talk and once you start talking they are very open to communication. When you find some people who are pretty good and use a mic or are just pretty good back out and pick them up. I know this sounds crazy on a network with the image of being filled with 13 year olds with foul mouths, but yes you can back out and pick up a complete stranger to play with. The matchmaking isn't the greatest and some will get frustrated if you don't get into a game quickly considering how easy it is to matchmake alone but most will appreciate having an actual team to play on.

Assuming you are good and you find someone else that is good you should have an easy time wrecking a lot of teams. Two good players can easily carry a 6 man team in most game modes imo

MarshMellow96 said:
It ought to be.

Way to much of 'oh we're good someone's defusing the bomb WAIT WHAT HE RAN STRAIGHT PAST IT' going on for my taste.

People can play the game how they want, just because you want them to play it a different way doesn't mean anything. This statement is just silly:

I am so not feeling like I'm getting my money's worth right now; why do they have the right to ruin my game like that?

Just because people play the game a different way doesn't mean anything. I hate people who sit in corners with motion detectors in TDM but that doesn't mean they can't play it that way.

Mileena

Banned
It's funnier when people "play TDM" in hardcore SD. Like sometimes people will just camp spawn the entire round on offense without acknowledging the bomb and I just don't get it at all. Go play TDM or something, don't fucking ruin a good mode just because you're awful and need to camp spawn to get points.

Lothars

cuevas said:
People can play the game how they want, just because you want them to play it a different way doesn't mean anything. This statement is just silly:

Just because people play the game a different way doesn't mean anything. I hate people who sit in corners with motion detectors in TDM but that doesn't mean they can't play it that way.

If people are going to play TDM in a objective game they deserved to be kicked because it ruins the game for everyone else but of course people can play the game however they want especially if it's just different styles of play.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lothars said:
If people are going to play TDM in a objective game they deserved to be kicked because it ruins the game for everyone else but of course people can play the game however they want especially if it's just different styles of play.

Yeah. I mean, people use Objective modes to play TDM because the games can last much longer so they can get their kill streak rewards and kills and whatnot. It's just rather unfortunate.

If they added all the objective modes to the Pure playlist, I'd probably switch to that for a while - even though I worked my way to get all the damn pro perks. :lol

corkscrewblow said:
It's funnier when people "play TDM" in hardcore SD. Like sometimes people will just camp spawn the entire round on offense without acknowledging the bomb and I just don't get it at all. Go play TDM or something, don't fucking ruin a good mode just because you're awful and need to camp spawn to get points.

that's why I don't even play objective games, I don't like relying on other people to win games. In tdm a couple of us can carry the team 99% of the games.

cuevas said:
that's why I don't even play objective games, I don't like relying on other people to win games. In tdm a couple of us can carry the team 99% of the games.
Yeah I was getting frustrated with my teammates sucking or giving away my position and getting in my way. Been sailing solo with free for all and wager games, having a blast.

X26

Banned
while it may seem a bit too convoluted, if you cap kills (or atleast the points they earn) in objective modes it could help things

domination example: first 10 kills you get points for regardless of anything else, after 10 kills you need atleast 1 capture or defend to get points for your kills, after 15 need 3 caps/defends, and so on and so on

in modes like s&d and ctf it doesn't work, but in domination, hq, sabotage, and demolition it could further encourage people not to play like it's tdm

again I know it's convoluted, just thinking out loud

Dresden

X26 said:
while it may seem a bit too convoluted, if you cap kills (or atleast the points they earn) in objective modes it could help things

domination example: first 10 kills you get points for regardless of anything else, after 10 kills you need atleast 1 capture or defend to get points for your kills, after 15 need 3 caps/defends, and so on and so on

in modes like s&d and ctf it doesn't work, but in domination, hq, sabotage, and demolition it could further encourage people not to play like it's tdm

Just removing objective games from counting towards your overall KDR score would fix things.

Overall KDR means jack shit, by the way. TDM KDR is the only thing that matters.
Of course you're one of them, you guys even dissuaded randoms from planting to rack up more kills. :lol If you locked down a site and then planted to, you know, complete the objective and win the match, then no one would have a problem with that--but you guys went on, kept people from planting, dragged out the match and farmed XBL lemmings.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
X26 said:

They should just reverse the match bonuses and not count streak kills as "legit" kills. That way the K/D people don't inflate their scores or whatever.

Really, you should be rewarded for winning as fast as you can in CTF or if you are on offense in demolition, not the other way around.

Mileena

Banned
firehawk12 said:
They should just reverse the match bonuses and not count streak kills as "legit" kills. That way the K/D people don't inflate their scores or whatever.
Nah, that would just fuck over good players who take a site, plant bomb/hold site and get killstreaks. People should just man up and stop playing like scrubs inflating their stats. Of course that would never happen.

I have one friend who's like that. He fucks people up in Domination then begs everyone to let them take a point so he can get more kills. I tell him to fuck off and then three-cap. :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
corkscrewblow said:
Nah, that would just fuck over good players who take a site, plant bomb/hold site and get killstreaks. People should just man up and stop playing like scrubs inflating their stats. Of course that would never happen.

I'm mostly a purist, so I don't think killstreak kills should count toward KDR anyway in any mode. :lol
It would INSTANTLY fix the farming that people like to do in these games anyway.

But yeah, there is legitimate camping in objective modes and for most of the positions there's almost always a way to flank. Of course, there's a matter of the spawns being pretty shitty, but they'll probably never fix that.

Oh, what's worse is that when the campers are on defense, they'll let the other team blow up one of the sites just to stretch out the time even longer. I hate games like that. Losing all the time sucks, but winning all the time isn't really fun either - especially if all you are doing is fucking with the other team in order to feel good about yourself for a few minutes.

GeekyDad

TheOddOne said:

Well, 360 is hackable, ain't it? Not too in touch with what goes on in the "homebrew" scene, but I thought that system was hacked way back.

Guess of all the things PS3 owners can be thankful for when it comes to this game is that they'll likely not have to worry about that sort of thing for at least a good while longer.

GeekyDad said:
Guess of all the things PS3 owners can be thankful for when it comes to this game is that they'll likely not have to worry about that sort of thing for at least a good while longer.
Uh, isn't there a huge thread on here about the PS3 being hacked?

friskykillface said:
what the fuck :/

i just went to play some zombies and my flashback maps/ maps from WaW are gone.

Hope i can redownload them again :lol smh
That reminds me. Fuck you Treyarch for not at least offering PC users the maps (mostly just Der Riese). Dick move.

AnEternalEnigma said:
I have one friend who's like that. He fucks people up in Domination then begs everyone to let them take a point so he can get more kills. I tell him to fuck off and then three-cap. :lol

I hate teammates who three-cap. With a passion. The moment you three-cap is the moment the spawns go completely to shit. It's the only time when I wish there was friendly-fire in normal game modes. :lol

VariantX

was experiencing a weird bug earlier today on black ops 360 ver. Was playing crisis domination and every time id get killed, id respawn looking directly up at the sky which was aggravating because it got me killed a couple of times.

GeekyDad said:
Well, 360 is hackable, ain't it? Not too in touch with what goes on in the "homebrew" scene, but I thought that system was hacked way back.

I'm pretty sure it's just a glitch. My friend showed me one of his PSN friend's file share videos where him and some randomer just became temporarily invincible for no reason and tried everything to kill each other. And even if the PS3 is less open than the 360, MW2 still had hacked lobbies and COD4 had the UFO hack.

unomas

Banned
They should just take K/D ratio out of objective based game modes, I only play team deathmatch so my k/d ratio as pathetic as it currently is (.82) is an actual reflection of my lack of skills in the game

GeekyDad

grap3fruitman said:
Uh, isn't there a huge thread on here about the PS3 being hacked?

So far, PS Jailbreak has been thwarted by Sony. I've read news of a Jailbreak downgrade that would make hacking the system possible, but it's still just rumors as of right now.

GeekyDad said:
So far, PS Jailbreak has been thwarted by Sony. I've read news of a Jailbreak downgrade that would make hacking the system possible, but it's still just rumors as of right now.
The Xbox Jtag hacks have been thwarted by MS as well, but, like with the PS3, systems with older firmwares are still subject to the exploits.

Cerrius said:
Someone please tell me how the hell this guy was able to knife me through a fucking wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar4d7JO7DtI
I seriously hate the knife. I don't understand why it's still in COD games considering how many people complain about it.

chapel

Banned
I think the best way to fix the knife would be to make it not have any lock on or lunge. Just have it do a swipe in front of you, if the guy isn't in the kill range, which would be like right next to you, it wouldn't kill. I think that would solve most of the knife related issues, since the lunge really is what annoys most people, myself included.

chapel said:
I think the best way to fix the knife would be to make it not have any lock on or lunge. Just have it do a swipe in front of you, if the guy isn't in the kill range, which would be like right next to you, it wouldn't kill. I think that would solve most of the knife related issues, since the lunge really is what annoys most people, myself included.
Agreed. I would prefer the lunge/super lock on not be there. It is especially overkill with a mouse.

X26

Banned
chapel said:

that's pretty much how it works in the bad company games they're better for it

TheOddOne said:

I misread this as invisible. Anyways that reminded me that I played a match and was totally invisible for a couple of seconds, it was really strange and my dumbass forgot to save the video. I'm not sure if anyone else was able to see me since it went away after a little bit, but I looked like the Predator in my screen. It was in Cracked, inside the center building. The whole downstairs area seemed glitched.

X26 said:
that's pretty much how it works in the bad company games they're better for it

Bad Company is like the polar opposite of the CoD knife. I've caught people sniping and knifed them three or four times before they died. They made the hit animation and everything, but just pretended my knife never made contact.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I was one of the few that thought Nuketown was pretty fun at first; now it's just a campfest everytime I play it. I guess people don't want to die a lot (as tends to happen on a map this small) and fuck up their KDR, so they just sit in the houses. How fun.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
firehawk12 said:
Nova Gas is garbage. Or at least getting in a situation where you can stun a guy and kill him with it is. :lol

You're using it wrong, toss it behind you or in another avenue of approach to let you know if someone is coming.

Nabs

Tkawsome said:
Bad Company is like the polar opposite of the CoD knife. I've caught people sniping and knifed them three or four times before they died. They made the hit animation and everything, but just pretended my knife never made contact.
that was an old glitch they fixed

firehawk12 said:
Nova Gas is garbage. Or at least getting in a situation where you can stun a guy and kill him with it is. :lol

I use it more as an offensive grenade or something to draw people out. Flash and concussion are more geared towards stunning an enemy before you charge, Nova is about forcing people out of areas or as a deterrent from entering other areas. It often causes them to charge me, usually giving me the tactical advantage from cover. It can also work great in objective modes, if you toss it in areas people are going to run through or directly on bomb/flag sites it can really cause some damage.

Tkawsome said:
I use it more as an offensive grenade or something to draw people out. Flash and concussion are more geared towards stunning an enemy before you charge, Nova is about forcing people out of areas or as a deterrent from entering other areas. It often causes them to charge me, usually giving me the tactical advantage from cover. It can also work great in objective modes, if you tossing it in areas people are going to run through or directly on bomb/flag sites.
Agreed. And it's great for Search, Demo, Dom, etc. Throw it on a spot you know someone is hiding in and either they run out high as shit or they'll choke to death (happens a lot, I get kills all the time). They should bump up the time until it disappears though. Remember Allied Assault SH's smoke grenades? :lol

Top Bottom