• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Najaf said:
Well, seeing as they are all FFA modes with no tactical insertions, it would be mighty hard to find your buddy over and over to trade kills. So, yeah, its going to be very difficult.
Yeah, didn't think so, just thought I'd double check.

aku:jiki said:
No, regardless of what people are telling you, that's not how quickscoping works. There is no snap, the aim assist does not "take over." This is completely infactual. I know this argument is old and dead, but you guys keep bringing it up with this ridiculous nonsense and it's bothering me. Why can't we just base our discussions on the facts? That's so much more productive!

I mean, if what you guys say about quickscoping is true, how the hell is this guy doing what he does in this PC montage? He's playing on PC, so how can he possibly be an even more badass quickscoper than console players, if quickscoping is just using the auto-aim to snap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJWfJRAB-DI (Can't play at work so I can't link to the exact clip, but it's pretty early in the montage. It's the first clip after it switches the player portrait in the bottom right corner.)

Where the hell were you a half hour ago? Could have used some support.

Xater

EatChildren said:
Game breaking bug

Such fucking unacceptable bullshit. This is why you need to have an open beta for a game like this.

Sorry of old :p

Fuck this game! Trayarch sucks again confirmed!

I know of a few shops who already shipped out the Austrian version. Could have gotten that one but I don#t want to play COD in German. When the fuck will Activision learn that at least on the Blu-ray there is enough space to support multiple languages?

Merovin

I was undecided on jumping in with Black Ops straight away, but just ordered this from game, thanks to a great offer. Get it for £24.99 when purchased with another game, so got it with New Vegas! Hope it's worth it!

Seep

So to any one who has the game are the WaW zombie maps identical to what they were or do you get the new weapons?

wow playing with bots is hella fun. you can even make the bots be all your friends. the only thing that makes it stupid is that you have to be online. that has to be the most ass backwards thing ever.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The MP5 is crazy good. I seem to be the only person using an AR right now. :lol

Also there are two leader boards. A regular leade rboard and the prestige leader board. Obviously you have to have prestiged to be on that board but you also have to pay 50K CP.

Brian Fellows said:
The MP5 is crazy good. I seem to be the only person using an AR right now. :lol

Thank you..I love/d the MP5K in MW2 even with its shortcomings at long range. I was hoping I can continue to use it in Black Ops.

Brian Fellows said:
Also there are two leader boards. A regular leade rboard and the prestige leader board. Obviously you have to have prestiged to be on that board but you also have to pay 50K CP.

Fuck I still have to decide which system I am going to prestige on and which one I am not going to prestige on.

BigBlackGamer said:
wow playing with bots is hella fun. you can even make the bots be all your friends. the only thing that makes it stupid is that you have to be online. that has to be the most ass backwards thing ever.

Are bots in the console version?

For some reason the floating apple video reminded me of this picture.

r8Qc7.jpg

Najaf

cameltoe said:
I will be recording tonight....whatcha wanna see? Wager shit? Gun Game? Me bangin' the wife? You guys name it!

Is she hot? Eh, scratch that. Just some hardcore. Nothing is hotter than hardcore.

Okay office people, who else is taking off on Tuesday? I'm trying to think up a good out-of-office message for the day so that the first letter of each line spells out BLACKOPS but I'm having trouble, haha. Anyone else doing something goofy like that?

Kyoufu

cameltoe said:
I will be recording tonight....whatcha wanna see? Wager shit? Gun Game? Me bangin' the wife? You guys name it!

Hmm, not sure if I want to see you banging the wife if your username is dedicated to her.

Wager matches would be great

grap3fruitman said:
Okay office people, who else is taking off on Tuesday? I'm trying to think up a good out-of-office message for the day so that the first letter of each line spells out BLACKOPS but I'm having trouble, haha. Anyone else doing something goofy like that?

Bad News Guys
Lasagna made me sick
And I can't make it into the office today.
Chances are, I'll be gone the rest of the week.
Knowing you all miss me makes me feel a little better.

Ok
Please leave a message at the beep.
See ya.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The levels seem a lot less campy to me. There are multiple entrances to pretty much every room I've been in yet. It been hard to find a place where people can't get behind me.

RickA238

Grap3fruitman said:

I've considered taking Tuesday off, but I went the Amazon route for the $20 GC so I probably wouldn't get it until the end of the work day anyway. Plus I have Thursday off due to Veteran's Day, so that will probably be dedicated CODBO time.
With a healthy dose of Starcraft II mixed in for good measure, of course.

DoctorWho said:
This is a first for the series right?

I don't recall them being in previous CoDs.

Yup, all new. Does anyone know if you can play against bots with friends online or just in splitscreen?

To cameltoe, could you get some full match HD gameplay up? Ideally some Search and Destroy and some Demolition...and some One in the Chamber.

In fact, just spam us with everything you can.

iNvid02

aku:jiki said:
No, regardless of what people are telling you, that's not how quickscoping works. There is no snap, the aim assist does not "take over." This is completely infactual. I know this argument is old and dead, but you guys keep bringing it up with this ridiculous nonsense and it's bothering me. Why can't we just base our discussions on the facts? That's so much more productive!

I mean, if what you guys say about quickscoping is true, how the hell is this guy doing what he does in this PC montage? He's playing on PC, so how can he possibly be an even more badass quickscoper than console players, if quickscoping is just using the auto-aim to snap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJWfJRAB-DI (Can't play at work so I can't link to the exact clip, but it's pretty early in the montage. It's the first clip after it switches the player portrait in the bottom right corner.)

teh parts with a sniper were mainly noscopes which literally is just luck. the few quickscopes in there are nowhere near what you see in console videos, aim assist helps in quickscoping...

coolcole93 said:
Yup, all new. Does anyone know if you can play against bots with friends online or just in splitscreen?
Last I heard you can play against bots with a friend online.

DoctorWho said:
Bad News Guys
Lasagna made me sick
And I can't make it into the office today.
Chances are, I'll be gone the rest of the week.
Knowing you all miss me makes me feel a little better.

Ok
Please leave a message at the beep.
See ya.
:lol

I already took a day off for Halo Reach, I think that's it for me for the year. Need to budget my leave better!

cameltoe said:
montage is time consuming to edit.....ill up load full matches

I didn't mean with music and shit, just loads of clips in a slideshow.

but full matches are probably even better.

Fake edit: 301 posts now! No longer a junior member?

Real edit:
BigBlackGamer said:
Day 5 of 8 days of Black Ops is up. This time with some funky ass MP. Also showing off the Jungle MP map. Heya

Awesome :) You've made it public instead of unlisted though. Accidental?

grap3fruitman said:

:lol Nothing as creative, but I requested off Tuesday. Was honest - told them Black Ops was coming out and I simply cant be bothered for work on that day. My boss said okay and marked me down!

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
johnFkennedy said:
I never got this argument. I'm pretty sure that if had a sniper rifle and I saw a guy ten feet away from me I'd be able to hit him no problem. Also, it's a VIDEO GAME!

the thing is, in real life, no one complains about weapon balance. in video games, people do, so things need to be handicapped in order to make the game playable. There's a balance that must be struck with realism.

Wow WHAT THE FUCK. Now Vahn is saying there IS region matching on the PS3 version.

Someone's Tweet to Vahn:

people think RM is gone on ps3 because YOU tweetd it was a "platform consideration" can u clarify before more chaos ensues?

Vahn's response:

People are driving me crazy? PS3 has both regional matchmaking and offline and online split-screen.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
grap3fruitman said:

I'm off today and all next week. :D

It looks like they are counting all these pre-launch matches as unranked matches because it still says I haven't played in a ranked match which is required to count on the leader board.

or maybe I just don't know how to get in a ranked match.

johnFkennedy said:
Where the hell were you a half hour ago? Could have used some support.

No one wants to listen so they don't listen. For what it's worth, I've been agreeing with you and aku. I don't understand how everyone can say it is OP, and I doubt they've gone and given sniping a try in any form in MW2 because I do far worse carrying around a sniper than any other weapon including the knife.

Is QSing against the intended use? Probably, and I think that argument is fine. Do people who run around severely negative and not playing the objective trying to QS ruin the game? IMO yes, people can ruin a game. Is a really good sniper really annoying to play against? Yes, but I think the reason being owned by a sniper (no, getting QSed one time by a guy in a match doesn't mean you got owned...) is memorable is because it is so rare. Would this sniper flat out destroy you if he used an AR instead? Yes.

I think it will be ok in BOps though. Scout perk gives you fast secondary, so it seems like they aren't just griefing the hell out of people who like to snipe. I usually always give up SOH for Marathon, and it kinda sucked that the only think I could reliably switch to in an emergency fast enough was dual pistols. I'm not the kind of person who like to just go to one gun or set-up and only ever use that. The variety of options and crazy classes is one of the reasons I've liked the most recent CODs, so I'm banking on everything being pretty balanced *fingers crossed*.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
This may already be known but every game type has its own separate list of challenges including the hardcore modes for Stallion.

Can we just end the discussion on quickscoping already? Treyarch has tried to remove it from the game and all of us sitting her arguing back and forth about it won't change the facts.

iNvidious01 said:
teh parts with a sniper were mainly noscopes which literally is just luck. the few quickscopes in there are nowhere near what you see in console videos, aim assist helps in quickscoping...

You can set up a split screen match yourself and test this theory on player 2 while he is standing absolutely still. There is no snap to from scoping in. I don't think any gun has snap to target in multiplayer at all.

There is definitely sticky aim, as in when you run your scope or red dot over a target, it slows down.

Woody's Gamertag has a video about sticky aim that shows it is sticky if someone runs through your red dot/holo as well.

But there is no snap to target with any weapon. Seriously, just go try it.

PS. I like your youtube vids.

Top Bottom