• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Neuromancer said:
Wait can you name your own bots?!?!

Oh wait you just pick their gamertags? That's not as cool

It just has an option to use friends names that you can enable or disable. Cant actually give them names yourself.

And bots on recruit are pretty terrible. I just played a 9 on 3 with two bots on my team an went 57-7.

Gonna jump back up to regular now. My only game there I went 13-13. Pretty big difference. :lol

Oh and yes they do use perks.

Brian Fellows said:
It just has an option to use friends names that you can enable or disable. Cant actually give them names yourself.

And bots on recruit are pretty terrible. I just played a 9 on 3 with two bots on my team an went 57-7.

Gonna jump back up to regular now. My only game there I went 13-13. Pretty big difference. :lol
Friend's gamertags you mean? You can't just name them whatever you want, right?

RoboPlato said:
They actually had that feature in WaW but Infinity Ward didn't put it in MW2.
Why would they need a silly feature like that anyhow? Oh here I'm just gonna capture this Domination point 1 second into the game....BOOOOOOM!

Only thing I'm disappointed with about this game are the graphics. MW2 just looks alot more impressive, maybe IW doesn't like sharing their tech, which is understandable.

Loxley said:
This is why. That sort of thing was particularly retarded in SnD games.
I think your sarcasm meter is broken. Youtube is probably one of the main reasons too as all these kids go on there and find the videos of exactly where to stand and fire....they don't even need to work at being cheap buggers. :lol

Hopefully there won't be too many cheap maps in this game for easy initial sniper kills. I know that Highrise became pretty popular for that with people getting killstreaks in the first 10 - 15 seconds of the game just from shooting across the map at the initial spawn point.

RoboPlato said:
They actually had that feature in WaW but Infinity Ward didn't put it in MW2.

I remember hearing that it might not be accurate at longer range too, is that true?

BigBlue1974 said:
Hopefully there won't be too many cheap maps in this game for easy initial sniper kills. I know that Highrise became pretty popular for that with people getting killstreaks in the first 10 - 15 seconds of the game just from shooting across the map at the initial spawn point.

Heh, I always crouch walk past the windows at the start of highrise now.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just went 23-10 against the bots on regular. I'd say they are about the same as your average scrubby pubbie. Not the smartest but when they shoot at you they hit you.

And they do use killstreak rewards. My friend Wally just stole my care package!

Gonna try hardened now.

Stantron

From the sounds of it, bots can be set to all regular or all hardened. Is there an option to mix it up? Like a team of 2 regular, 2 hardened and two veteran?

Brian Fellows said:
Just went 23-10 against the bots on regular. I'd say they are about the same as your average scrubby pubbie. Not the smartest but when they shoot at you they hit you.

And they do use killstreak rewards. My friend Wally just stole my care package!

Gonna try hardened now.

Bots looked like easy mode in BBG's video. They didn't use cover and they always seemed to stall right before firing. Can you check if it's any better on the veteran difficulty?

Thanks for the heads up on that D2D deal, just bought it.

Edit - I entered the PIN that they called me with and it said it was invalid and now it won't let choose to have them call me back. I put in a ticket to D2D and they haven't charged my card, should I try going through the transaction again?

johnFkennedy said:
Bots looked like easy mode in BBG's video. They didn't use cover and they always seemed to stall right before firing. Can you check if it's any better on the veteran difficulty?

yea that was regular and the bots are MUCH better on Veteran. I couldn't even get a killstreak going. then again I suck. :lol

iNvid02

corkscrewblow said:
Just the title of that video sounds so pathetic. "Spawn Tube Montage" :lol

most of that shit sounds pathetic, it just annoys me so much for some reason :lol
epiczz noscopezz qwikk 360z iiXx-L337-xxII tritages funtages daytages - STFUUUU

Fourman said:
Thanks for the heads up on that D2D deal, just bought it.

Edit - I entered the PIN that they called me with and it said it was invalid and now it won't let choose to have them call me back. I put in a ticket to D2D and they haven't charged my card, should I try going through the transaction again?
They had to call you? I guess paying with paypal and no phone number in my account allowed me to bypass that.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just had by far my best game so far. 21-0 on Cracked. Fucking Ninja is titties. Having a good connection probably helped too.......

Lackmus

Banned
Dont know if it is old, but:

syJgA.png

:lol

Maffis

BigBlue1974 said:
Why would they need a silly feature like that anyhow? Oh here I'm just gonna capture this Domination point 1 second into the game....BOOOOOOM!

Some maps were pretty terrible with spawn tubing. Like overgrown in MW2. If you didn't move in 1 second at the start you could be dead.

pc version pre-ordered and paid off. At the physical gamestop store they said it was not their policy or something or other to get pc games usually but they can usually get a couple. I should be fine.

Nizz

-Pyromaniac- said:
About 4 more days........
Pretty much. ;) I actually popped in MW2 last night to get a feel for the controls/gameplay again after weeks of Medal of Honor. Yep, I still hate Commando. So glad that shitty perk is out.

itsgreen

SteveO409 said:
Ummm 3 days 6 hours 1 minute and 30 seconds

flat 3 days for me :)

My timezone for the win.

Really looking forward to playing the heck out of it, might try and convince a clerk to sell me one tomorrow...

Fixed1979

snack said:
Black Ops (PC) for $45

http://www.direct2drive.com (IGN partner - it's safe)
Make an account or if you have an ign one, login.

Once in checkout, use PROMO CODE "bigsavings" - without the quotation marks.

One quick note, to complete the purchase, an automated machine will call you (input your number) and they'll give you a code to input (for safety reasons).

Then you can pre-download the game. You will get the key on November 9th.

NOTE: THIS GAME WILL WORK WITH (and only with) STEAM JUST LIKE THE DVD RETAIL/STEAM DOWNLOAD ONE.
I'm guessing U.S. only? Definitely not showing up for me in Canada...shitty.

purple cobra said:
Pretty much. ;) I actually popped in MW2 last night to get a feel for the controls/gameplay again after weeks of Medal of Honor. Yep, I still hate Commando. So glad that shitty perk is out.

I just went back into it for a bit today. Glad to see that I've still got my mojo. Posted some good scores in Domination, TDM, and then went on a tear in FFA, placing first 10 game straight. I forgot how easy FFA can be; no wonder half of the Machinima posts are FFA games! :lol

Max

I am not Max
snack said:
Black Ops (PC) for $45

http://www.direct2drive.com (IGN partner - it's safe)
Make an account or if you have an ign one, login.

Once in checkout, use PROMO CODE "bigsavings" - without the quotation marks.

One quick note, to complete the purchase, an automated machine will call you (input your number) and they'll give you a code to input (for safety reasons).

Then you can pre-download the game. You will get the key on November 9th.

NOTE: THIS GAME WILL WORK WITH (and only with) STEAM JUST LIKE THE DVD RETAIL/STEAM DOWNLOAD ONE.
The bigsavings coupon code image on the right says *Not available for pre-orders?

Why is this working? Oh well, might as well do it before they fix it

Edit: nevermind, got that shit. wish they'd give me the code to put on steam so i could download it there

I'm going to get lit up seeing as this is my first time into the pc version, I've played a lot of TF2 so I'm not unfamiliar with playing on PC but never CoD. All 360 before this.

had to stop FME said my connections are being blocked. probably JTV. I'll stream again before launch but for now look forward to another video tomorrow.

Mileena

Banned
BigBlackGamer said:
had to stop FME said my connections are being blocked. probably JTV. I'll stream again before launch but for now look forward to another video tomorrow.
damn bro u suck anyway tho

Nizz

divisionbyzorro said:
I just went back into it for a bit today. Glad to see that I've still got my mojo. Posted some good scores in Domination, TDM, and then went on a tear in FFA, placing first 10 game straight. I forgot how easy FFA can be; no wonder half of the Machinima posts are FFA games! :lol
Damn, that's great! There's just something about the controls and the framerate of COD games that feels great. Not that every other shooter fails in comparison. I love playing FPS games. But the COD games just feel extra tight.

purple cobra said:
Damn, that's great!

Not that great; I found a lobby of people who I was vastly better than and stuck with it. Besides, FFA isn't the most tactical of game modes - it's about maximizing your encounters and coming out on top in at least half of them. In a lobby of seven tryhards and one runner, the runner will win every time if he's decent, because he'll get into more engagements than the tryhards. So yea - pro tip - run your ass off in FFA if you want to win more often than not.

cameltoe

ok this is after an hour of playing

LAAAGG and lots of it. I changed it to search locally and got put into a game with 2 bars :/

Guns feel.....weird? IDK something feels off.

Skorpion takes LOTS of bullets to kill.....

It must all be lag related because when playing bots they drop quick with the mp5...no so online...

the goofy footsteps from WaW are back...when you are sprinting you foot steps go silent intermittently...i hated this with WaW..

Back to playing....

Top Bottom