• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
aku:jiki said:
No, regardless of what people are telling you, that's not how quickscoping works. There is no snap, the aim assist does not "take over." This is completely infactual. I know this argument is old and dead, but you guys keep bringing it up with this ridiculous nonsense and it's bothering me. Why can't we just base our discussions on the facts? That's so much more productive!

I mean, if what you guys say about quickscoping is true, how the hell is this guy doing what he does in this PC montage? He's playing on PC, so how can he possibly be an even more badass quickscoper than console players, if quickscoping is just using the auto-aim to snap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJWfJRAB-DI (Can't play at work so I can't link to the exact clip, but it's pretty early in the montage. It's the first clip after it switches the player portrait in the bottom right corner.)

I didn't say there was a snap, simply that the magnetic properties of the aim assist are taken advantage of while quick scoping (on the console version).

It works on PC since aiming is more accurate, and when transitioning to ADS there is no "wait" for the shot to be dead center. So all they have to do is place the reticule on the target "instantly aim" and shoot, since as soon as you "scope" it's already placing you in "aim" mode.

The console takes advantage of the magnetic/sticky aim properties to really make quick scoping broken, at least to those who know how to use it.

Comparing PC aiming and console aiming is pretty stupid IMO, and just because there is no aim assist in PC and PC guys do quick scoping doesn't mean it's legit on console, quite simply, quick scoping works in PC because of the "no wait limit" for ADS, and precision aiming.

Now that there is a "wait period" from scoping in to accurate shooting, the issue is fixed.

If you're really trying to say that the sticky aim isn't helping console gamers abuse snipers, well then, your just arguing because someone shit in your corn flakes, and ADS never should have been an instant dead center shot while/or just after scoping in with a sniper (PC or Console). It's a god damn sniper rifle, not a rail gun.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Just passed on picking it up right this instant for 49 euros at the store that I go to - maybe because I was hoping to get it at 39 from Media Markt, and at the time I didn't know that the 360 servers were finally online, or that I wanted to save that cash for DJ Hero 1&2 at 88 euros later on.

Thing is, there's no way it'll be cheaper than that anywhere period (even MW2 is still 44 euros everywhere right now) so I could always change my mind now and get it tonight or tomorrow if I wanted to.

Blutonium said:
Any Dutchies from the Randstad here? Media Markt in Zoetermeer and The Hague will sell it for 49 euro's, if you pre-order you get an additional 10% discount.

You might wanna make sure that you're not mixing up the pre-order tin that you can buy now for 10 euros which will of course take 10 euros off of the 49 euro price when you pick it up (which also happens to be 10%) - I just went to my Media Markt and they don't know anything about that, but every MM has this 10 euro per-order tin case with a 10 euro gift card in it.

Sucks that they won't price match MM in Almere because it's too far away also.

bluehat9

Anyone with the game and playing through SP, are there infinite respawning enemies or can you actually clear out the entire area?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
BigBlackGamer said:
wow playing with bots is hella fun. you can even make the bots be all your friends. the only thing that makes it stupid is that you have to be online. that has to be the most ass backwards thing ever.

Watching your video, you actually level up playing bots?!?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
madmook said:
There are three bot difficulties, right? Tried 'em all, yet?

4 difficulties easy, regular, hardened, and vet.

Only played one match with them so far. Played on regular and they shoot very well.

Stantron

MidnightRider said:
I WANNNNNNNAAAAAAAAA TALK TO SAMSONNNNNNN
Fly me to the moon like that bitch, Alice Kramden!

BigBlackGamer said:
wow playing with bots is hella fun. you can even make the bots be all your friends. the only thing that makes it stupid is that you have to be online. that has to be the most ass backwards thing ever.
Can you make uneven teams? Like just you and a buddy versus 10 bots?
Can you play in any mode, or just TDM/FFA?
Do the bots have difficulty settings (easy/med/hard) or play styles (camp/run-n-gun)?
Do the bots use killstreaks/perks? It would be cool as hell if you could customize this.

cameltoe said:
I will be recording tonight....whatcha wanna see? Wager shit? Gun Game? Me bangin' the wife? You guys name it!
Standing 69, with the wife standing, you facing TV with controller in hand, wager match, one in the chamber, flawless. Make it happen.

I'm trying to resist the urge to not buy this game at launch, but that feeling of a new (better) COD game with awesome multiplayer is hard to suppress, I just know they'll be tons of people playing and I'll miss out on the fun, I had a blast playing MW2 with gaffers. Still on the fence though...

Hawaii 22

Neo Member
Hey DutchGAF, YourfriendlyneighborGAF here.
It seems BO is already being sold in some of your places. I'm seriously considering (well, kinda) driving 100 km and cross the border to Venlo tomorrow for an early pickup of BO. And it would be the uncensored PEGI-Version, yay!
So, any sightings in Venlo already?

(And maybe someone might give me the name of the main street in the Venlo shopping district, so I can feed google maps to show me the route.)

iNvid02

GoncaloCCastro said:
I'm trying to resist the urge to not buy this game at launch, but that feeling of a new (better) COD game with awesome multiplayer is hard to suppress, I just know they'll be tons of people playing and I'll miss out on the fun, I had a blast playing MW2 with gaffers. Still on the fence though...

*kick*

your officially off the fence, i kicked you onto the "buying at launch" side
seriously, those first few days where everyone is learning are pretty god damn awesome

W1SSY

Oh no floating apple breaks the game. But I cannot wait for this to come out. Probably going to pick up the PS3 version at Kmart because of all the stuff they have.

snack

Black Ops (PC) for $45

http://www.direct2drive.com (IGN partner - it's safe)
Make an account or if you have an ign one, login.

Once in checkout, use PROMO CODE "bigsavings" - without the quotation marks.

One quick note, to complete the purchase, an automated machine will call you (input your number) and they'll give you a code to input (for safety reasons).

Then you can pre-download the game. You will get the key on November 9th.

NOTE: THIS GAME WILL WORK WITH (and only with) STEAM JUST LIKE THE DVD RETAIL/STEAM DOWNLOAD ONE.

Tonight I will be running a private stream of Black Ops. It won't show up on the JTV Listing. At around 6pm est. If your interested just send me a PM and I will reply with the channel and the password.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
You do, but BBG isn't playing against bots in that video.

I am. There is level progression with bots. It's separate from standard MP though.

Magik

BigBlackGamer said:

WTF!? I saw you kill me in one of your videos! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU :lol

BigBlackGamer said:
Tonight I will be running a private stream of Black Ops. It won't show up on the JTV Listing. At around 6pm est. If your interested just send me a PM and I will reply with the channel and the password.

I am. There is level progression with bots. It's separate from standard MP though.

Ah I got confused because I saw XShagrath as one of your opponents :lol

cameltoe

BigBlackGamer said:

whats your gamer tag...ill hop on...sent you a FR

GT x sticky ii

SUPREME1

Banned
johnFkennedy said:
Such bullshit. Treyarch:"Let's punish those that have good aim with snipers by making it extra hard for them to be accurate. YES! BRILLIANT!"

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Game is getting better and better.

snack said:
Black Ops (PC) for $45

One quick note, to complete the purchase, an automated machine will call you (input your number) and they'll give you a code to input (for safety reasons).

NOTE: THIS GAME WILL WORK WITH (and only with) STEAM JUST LIKE THE DVD RETAIL/STEAM DOWNLOAD ONE.
Bought! thanks

snack said:
Black Ops (PC) for $45

Soo if I purchase a steamworks game on direct 2 drive, and activate it with steam, does that mean I won't have to deal with direct2drive again?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Stantron said:
Can you make uneven teams? Like just you and a buddy versus 10 bots?
Can you play in any mode, or just TDM/FFA?
Do the bots have difficulty settings (easy/med/hard) or play styles (camp/run-n-gun)?
Do the bots use killstreaks/perks? It would be cool as hell if you could customize this.

One team can have up to 9 members. So 1-9 or 2-9 is doable.

Just TDM and FFA

4 difficulties no change in play style that I can see.

Pretty sure they get killstreaks. Not sure about perks.

I'm gonna play another one right now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LabouredSubterfuge said:
You do, but BBG isn't playing against bots in that video.

I'm pretty sure he is, since [3arc] would be Treyarch, and I doubt he's playing against all staff. Plus they are acting like bots (not checking corners, walking in straight lines, not engaging immediately, etc).

Edit: Eh, someone else addressed it.

bluehat9 said:
Anyone with the game and playing through SP, are there infinite respawning enemies or can you actually clear out the entire area?
I'm about 4 hours in and can only think of one egregious use of respawning enemies, but it's actually contextual to the mission. There's definitely instances of areas being populated by enemies that seem to appear in places that you're not looking, but it also feels like once you clear out a definitive finite number, they will stop coming. This could be inaccurate, but this is my interpretation based on my experience.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yeah I was mistaken because he'd named the bots after people I vaguely know.

Yeah, didn't mean to "hammer it in," was merely addressing your post, didn't realize others would do it too.

snack said:
Black Ops (PC) for $45

Ah fuck yeah. You da man. Bought.

Top Bottom