• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Not sure why people are claiming TDM is slower-paced? My games are always fairly hectic firefights, and rarely go the full time length. Perhaps I don't notice because of my ghostly, flanking playstyle, but I would never label TDM 'slow-paced'.

Anyway, are there any Aussie players here who are usually online around midnight? Would love a few solid players to play with.

Freezie KO said:
What the what? I said "thirty kills," not "dirty kills." I also said, "I'm not going to sit in a room." Here's the quote:
So... lern2read?
Yeah my bad. Also, it's leArn. As in, learn to write. Or was that for teh funnyz, i never can tell.

Fistwell said:
Yeah my bad. Also, it's leArn. As in, learn to write. Or was that for teh funnyz, i never can tell.

political-pictures-sarah-palin-whoosh.jpg

Reich

I have some SAVE FAILURE problem.

When i go play Zombie on xboxlive, my campaign get deleted.

Anyone have the same problem?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Vonderhaar currently conducting a "Twitter poll" to get input on changing Second Chance to give the kill to the player that took the SC user down (and only the assist to anyone that finishes them off). Looks like they're definitely leaning toward doing this, which is pretty nice.

Man, so many campers today. My message to all you camping dogs out there:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for a corner of a dark room, I can tell you I don't have a noob tube. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills that I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you step out of that corner, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you. I will find you. And I will kill you.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
_Alkaline_ said:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for a corner of a dark room, I can tell you I don't have a noob tube. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills that I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you step out of that corner, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you. I will find you. And I will kill you.
Nicely done. :lol

Mileena

Banned
_Alkaline_ said:

:bow

GeekyDad

_Alkaline_ said:

Will camp for food!

_Alkaline_ said:

so what are your thoughts on CTF?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Man oh man, the FAL is a beast.

Came back to play with some of my "unclan" buddies and after I got used to aiming again (I play Halo mostly) I was melting kids faces. :lol

_Alkaline_ said:

I hope you're just talking about TDM, because OBJ type games sometimes/typically require camping/defense.

luoapp

_Alkaline_ said:

My claymore says hello:lol

TestOfTide said:
so what are your thoughts on CTF?

Dirty, dirty mode full of campers who play it for kills rather than flags. The fact that Treyarch thought it was great idea to make a perk require 15 captures (15!) is laughable.

Alienshogun said:
I hope you're just talking about TDM, because OBJ type games sometimes/typically require camping/defense.

Most modes feature considerable camping regardless of the objective. In some cases I'll let it slide (ie: defending a bomb in S&D and of course defending in Sabotage/Demolition, not when attacking of course) but those who camp for kills in CTF/Headquarters/Domination/etc can go take their shity little motion sensor and stick it up them. But not before I do the honour first.

luoapp said:
My claymore says hello

And my flash grenade says "fuck you" right back.

In the nicest way possible, of course. ;)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Camping/guarding points in Domination is legit, guarding the flag is legit.

If someone is camping in OBJ and you're losing, they are playing right.

Alienshogun said:
Camping/guarding points in Domination is legit, guarding the flag is legit.

If someone is camping in OBJ and you're losing, they are playing right.

Sure it's legit. I'm referring to those who camp away from their points (or even worse, camp points that they could be capturing). And this happens a lot. A fucking lot. Don't pretend that it doesn't happen.

Drives me up the wall when I'll be running somewhere and some fucker is in a dark corner and guns me down, nowhere near his objective. Sure this person will probably end up getting only a few kills the entire game, but fuck them regardless.

Camping will always be in COD (or any shooter for that matter) and thankfully Treyarch took the time to help ease the pain by making it so that nearly every room has multiple entries, but it doesn't mean they don't piss me off. Scum of the earth.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
_Alkaline_ said:
Sure it's legit. I'm referring to those who camp away from their points (or even worse, camp points that they could be capturing). And this happens a lot. A fucking lot. Don't pretend that it doesn't happen.

Drives me up the wall when I'll be running somewhere and some fucker is in a dark corner and guns me down, nowhere near his objective. Sure this person will probably end up getting only a few kills the entire game, but fuck them regardless.

Camping will always be in COD (or any shooter for that matter) and thankfully Treyarch took the time to help ease the pain by making it so that nearly every room has multiple entries, but it doesn't mean they don't piss me off. Scum of the earth.

Ah, yeah those guys are turds.

_Alkaline_ said:

Sounds like you don't use enough tactical grenades. I suggest unlocking tactical mask pro because:

1) It'll make you learn how to best use flash, concussion, and nova grenades.

2) Knowing what direction to find an enemy camping in a room is what the perk was made for.

I managed to unlock marathon pro VERY quickly (and with an olympia as my main) because I made sure to throw flash grenades around where the flag was and then immediately grab the flag while the camper is too blind to know where to shoot and too blind to run after the flag runner.

The M.O.B

Just owned a couple of high leveled prestige guys with me and my little Uzi with a grip. They were pretty pissed I was getting kills from hundreds of feet away :lol

Feels good to only be lvl 10, yet i'm constantly in the top 3 with guys that are leveled 50.

It ain't the gun you got that matters, its who's holding it. (But I wish I had my Galil right about now)

As long as I only play this game for ~30 minutes a day (Compared to 1-3 hours the first month it came out), it really lowers my frustration level.

The M.O.B said:
Just owned a couple of high leveled prestige guys with me and my little Uzi with a grip. They were pretty pissed I was getting kills from hundreds of feet away :lol

Feels good to only be lvl 10, yet i'm constantly in the top 3 with guys that are leveled 50.

It ain't the gun you got that matters, its who's holding it. (But I wish I had my Galil right about now)

As long as I only play this game for ~30 minutes a day (Compared to 1-3 hours the first month it came out), it really lowers my frustration level.

Does not compute.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I love Domination but it frustrates the hell out of me that 75% of the players just play it as a long TDM game. In almsot every game I've played I'm the top player for captures on both teams, even when we lose. If everyone was focused on capping points the game would be so much more fun. As it is it's damn annoying watching people on my team run right past enemy flags. Come on, you're right there! Just stay for a few seconds, or back me up!

Fuck, I never use claymores because I never get kills with them. Non-FJ guys just run through them and gun me down usually.

Whoever made the decision to put blind spot shadows in these maps should be shot by the way.

_Alkaline_ said:
Dirty, dirty mode full of campers who play it for kills rather than flags. The fact that Treyarch thought it was great idea to make a perk require 15 captures (15!) is laughable.

I got 15 captures for Marathon Pro after playing CTF for somewhere between an hour and an hour and a half. At the end of that time I was ranked around 1000 on the weekly leaderboard based on SPM. I'd never played CTF in Black Ops before that. If you understand player psychology as much as you claim to, it's not hard to avoid camping spots, set up Tactical Insertions, and get 2-4 captures each game.

CTF is actually really fun. It's a fantastic change of pace from other modes and can be incredibly intense.

2 questions.

1. What is up with the message - Paraphrasing - "You must play a XXX number of ranked matches to appear on this leaderboard. Ranked matches? Huh?

2. If I have sayyyy a UAV, mortar strike and a copter on deck, is there ANY way to use the UAV first?

yoopoo

Banned
Oh what bullshit - I get 8 kills, on my way to a chopper ... "connection interrupted".
Next game, in the Jungle, get my chopper.... "connection interrupted"

FUCKKKK

yoopoo said:
Oh what bullshit - I get 8 kills, on my way to a chopper ... "connection interrupted".
Next game, in the Jungle, get my chopper.... "connection interrupted"

FUCKKKK

Just happened to me :) Posting near a 10:1 K/D on Firing Range too...

Browns Town said:
2 questions.

1. What is up with the message - Paraphrasing - "You must play a XXX number of ranked matches to appear on this leaderboard. Ranked matches? Huh?

2. If I have sayyyy a UAV, mortar strike and a copter on deck, is there ANY way to use the UAV first?

1) That just mean public matches.

2) Nope! Sorry.

Browns Town said:
2 questions.

It just means any competitive, matchmade game.

Browns Town said:

No. Which fucking sucks.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Why can't game freezes ever bail me from a crappy game where I'm 11-10? Instead it always happens when I'm like 20-5 and the round is almost over.

Nizz

vatstep said:
Vonderhaar currently conducting a "Twitter poll" to get input on changing Second Chance to give the kill to the player that took the SC user down (and only the assist to anyone that finishes them off). Looks like they're definitely leaning toward doing this, which is pretty nice.
Should have been this way since COD4.

luoapp

Brian Fellows said:
Why can't game freezes ever bail me from a crappy game where I'm 11-10? Instead it always happens when I'm like 20-5 and the round is almost over.

Why don't they switch to point-based kill streak system all together? Not only it encourages player play the objective games as they should, it also solves the Second chance complaint: put him down - 100p, finish him off: 1p.

Brian Fellows said:
It seems like people love to dashboard when we're destroying them and we all get a loss!!!

Anyone else notice nobody good likes to play other good people? When I see someone with a 3 kd or a high spm in domination I get excited for some competition but it seems like they always back out in the lobby or quit early on in the match. But when they do stay and are good its fun winning by 5 points in domination or a kill in tdm. Too bad this happens once every hundred games

Mileena

Banned
I had a similar thing happen. Was playing Demo on Summit and this whole clan of shit talkers come in the lobby and are like "yo look this kid has a 2.8 k/d, but you won't even go positive against us." 5 minutes in I shit all over them with chopper gunner + dogs and they all leave. Gotta love cocky players who are just awful.

So I'm lying prone in one of the ruins on Jungle. I have a perfect view of the rock that oversees the entire level. Someone is up there.

I line up my shot, hold my breath, and fire. Perfect chest shot. He falls into Second Chance. Okay, no problem. Our spy plane is up, and nobody appears to be around me.

The guy is scooting on his butt. I line up my second shot. Hitmarker.

Um... Okay. I just got a hitmarker on a guy in Second Chance. Weird. Must've been the lag.

I line up another shot. The guy is still on his ass, firing his pistol into the air. I take my shot. Hitmarker. Okay, starting to get frustrated here.

I line up another shot. Hold my breath. Zoom in all the way with my variable scope.

Hitmarker.

Shut off console.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
cuevas said:
It seems like people love to dashboard when we're destroying them and we all get a loss!!!

Anyone else notice nobody good likes to play other good people? When I see someone with a 3 kd or a high spm in domination I get excited for some competition but it seems like they always back out in the lobby or quit early on in the match. But when they do stay and are good its fun winning by 5 points in domination or a kill in tdm. Too bad this happens once every hundred games

The guys I play with always stick around when the games are close. Last night the other team actually messaged us bitching that we were lame for using flak jacket pro.

WTF is that a legit complaint these days? :lol

-viper-

Banned
I completed the game on Hardened and I didn't get the BLACK OP MASTER trophy? WTF?

Also, the SP is buggy as hell. So many times it didn't register checkpoints forcing me to do the hard work all over again. This is why I'd rather not try Veteran.

Fucking Treyarch Amateur developers.

Nuke Town is absolutely awful in FFA, but for some reason it's hell bent on making it the map every other match. This goes doubly for Hardcore FFA. I probably got killed within three seconds of spawning about eight times in a row.

corkscrewblow said:
I had a similar thing happen. Was playing Demo on Summit and this whole clan of shit talkers come in the lobby and are like "yo look this kid has a 2.8 k/d, but you won't even go positive against us." 5 minutes in I shit all over them with chopper gunner + dogs and they all leave. Gotta love cocky players who are just awful.
Feels good mang
alienshogun said:
The guys I play with always stick around when the games are close. Last night the other team actually messaged us bitching that we were lame for using flak jacket pro.

WTF is that a legit complaint these days? :lol

Flak jacket is the shit for domination.

Nabs

i <3 no last stand / second chance servers

i don't understand why there are so many "tactical" servers for hc tdm :lol why are there so many who want to play crouched?

Top Bottom