• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Figured you guys would find this interesting...

It has been alleged that Infinity Ward are creating a game that will focus on the character Ghost who first appeared in Modern Warfare 2, this game will centre around the events leading up to the war in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare as a prequel, and then further reveal how Ghost first became a member of Task Force 141 based on the comic book stories written by David Lapham. In various parts of the game that will focus on the life of Ghost - players will revisit locations from both Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2, but this time from a different viewpoint.

Although entirely a rumour - the game is meant to be in development on the Modern Warfare 2 engine. Robert Bowling (Infinity Ward's Community Manager) was contacted, but has neither confirmed or denied the rumours

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.p...-won-t-be-released-this-year-details-revealed

I'd love it if the MW series took out stopping power/jugg too.

tsigo

So many good players on my team.

tlfxi.jpg

We did not win that game.

aku:jiki

Aw man, I guess christmas noob season is finally fully over. It was a nice couple of weeks, even if I only got a few chances to play.

I just recently got around to starting the campaign - some if it really is pretty awesome (LOVED the Cuba level) - and I'm wondering, is the mission that has Mason and Woods starting out in a desert plane graveyard supposed to kind of buggy? Or is my Xbox screwing up? (There's a bunch of small glitches, but the big one is Woods keeps crouching and moving his lips but there's no talking. I don't want to miss the story!)

kuYuri

Nabs said:
i <3 no last stand / second chance servers

i don't understand why there are so many "tactical" servers for hc tdm :lol why are there so many who want to play crouched?

I hate that shit too.

LeMaximilian said:
Figured you guys would find this interesting...

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.p...-won-t-be-released-this-year-details-revealed

I'd love it if the MW series took out stopping power/jugg too.

I would totally be ok with giving MW3 extra dev time.

aku:jiki said:
Aw man, I guess christmas noob season is finally fully over. It was a nice couple of weeks, even if I only got a few chances to play.

Haven't seen you around here lately! I figured you would have had much words to say during all of the Second Chance discussion. :lol

On another note, I've gotten totally bored with playing CoD the "right" way (patrolling an area, holding down a section of the map, letting them come to you instead of going to them, etc.). Lately I've been rushing my ass off with an AK47 + Extended Mags. Marathon Pro lets me run forever, Sleight of Hand Pro gives me the edge in firefights, and Scavenger Pro keeps my ammo up so I can spray spray spray. I also have a crossbow as my secondary for the lulz (and there are certainly plenty of lulz to be had with a crossbow - I think the crossbow stick is my new favorite thing to do in this game). I know this isn't a "smart" way to play, but I've managed to bring my K/D from 2.0 to 2.07 like this, so who cares! :lol

Oh, and I gave the RPK a shot last night for a change of pace. Ugh. Horrible gun. Just horrible. Never again.

It cannot be understated how Treyarch totally nerfed the MP5 to the point where it's almost useless.

I'm a hip-firer and the gun has such an unpredictable, innaccurate spread. It was a beast in COD4, but not worth the trouble in BO. = /

3ur4zn said:
It cannot be understated how Treyarch totally nerfed the MP5 to the point where it's almost useless.

I'm a hip-firer and the gun has such an unpredictable, innaccurate spread. It was a beast in COD4, but not worth the trouble in BO. = /
Whatttt? Trey actually made the mp5 useful unlike IW. You do realize the mp5 and 74u do the same damage right? The mp5 is my go to gun when I wanna play a fast paced FFA match.

Magik

RJNavarrete said:
Whatttt? Trey actually made the mp5 useful unlike IW. You do realize the mp5 and 74u do the same damage right? The mp5 is my go to gun when I wanna play a fast paced FFA match.

Maybe its because i'm playing on the PS3 but I find that even though it does the same damage as the 74u, I find its firing rate is way slower, and its recoil being very unpredictable which makes it a lot less viable as a gun of choice.

RJNavarrete said:

What Magik said. It's recoil/kick is quite distinct and unpredictable. Because I rely mostly on hip-firing, it's just useless to me. It sprays all over the place and I can't control it. Go back and play COD4 man. The MP5 has virtually no kick and the recoil is a nice, predictable, up - down motion.

If we're comparing the AK47u with the MP5, the 74u must win for its more predictable, more controllable recoil. I'll admit, I'm not one for accuracy. In all 4 modern COD games, my accuracy percentage hovers between 14 - 15% :lol

jedimike

I am sooo ready for some new maps. Blops is starting to get stale already. I really like the decisions in gameplay Treyarch made, but for some reason, it doesn't have the same draw that MW2 had.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
jedimike said:
I am sooo ready for some new maps. Blops is starting to get stale already. I really like the decisions in gameplay Treyarch made, but for some reason, it doesn't have the same draw that MW2 had.

I think it's more franchise fatigue than a fault of Treyarch.

I bounce between Blops and Halo Reach so I'm good to go. :D

jedimike

That could be it... I just remember wanting to play MW2 all the time. I fired up blops last night for the first time in a week and got bored with it after ten matches or so.

It's partly my fault too. I should try new gun/perk combos that force me to play differently. I'm an AR guy and play the medium range game. I hate snipers, but I could try shotties.

jedimike

Alienshogun said:
To be fair, 10 matches straight is way more than most people play straight.

:lol

Really? It takes 5 matches just to get on the lobby leaderboard. It was probably two hours of play. I didn't that was unusual...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
jedimike said:
Really? It takes 5 matches just to get on the lobby leaderboard. It was probably two hours of play. I didn't that was unusual...

I don't think most people care about the lobby leaderboard either.

If you're consistently playing 10 games straight, I think you still like the game a lot. :D

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So I've been fooling around with the motion sensor and the Hacker perk for the first time since I got BLOPS (about 11,000 kills into it :lol). It's kind of renewed my enthusiasm for the game and demands a different play style than I'm used to. The motion sensor is pretty powerful on certain maps (e.g. Hanoi, Havana, inside the tower on Array). You can really dig yourself into some key spots and control the map. And Hacker ain't so bad as a perk, saved me from several deaths already.

I think I still like the claymore more than the motion sensor. Still getting used to it. Haven't tried the jammer yet.

RSTEIN said:
So I've been fooling around with the motion sensor and the Hacker perk for the first time since I got BLOPS (about 11,000 kills into it :lol). It's kind of renewed my enthusiasm for the game and demands a different play style than I'm used to. The motion sensor is pretty powerful on certain maps (e.g. Hanoi, Havana, inside the tower on Array). You can really dig yourself into some key spots and control the map. And Hacker ain't so bad as a perk, saved me from several deaths already.

I think I still like the claymore more than the motion sensor. Still getting used to it. Haven't tried the jammer yet.
Why use a claymore for one kill [if it even kills the guy], when you can use the motion sensor for 10? That's my point of view. I adore the MS on Array, Jungle, and Nuketown. I have it on every class and only switch to claymore in HC gametypes.

ajf009

jedimike said:

I hate that they took out titles and emblems, sure making your own emblem is cool,

but after that and getting to prestige 15, what is there to work for? What's there to keep me

coming back for more?

And I also dislike how the split up the leader boards between gametype, They should have

that and an all inclusive leader board where you can sort by kills, deaths, ratio, and SPM

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
RSTEIN said:

Motion sensor is awesome for Domination, you can set it up to watch one direction while you physically watch the other.

Never stand near your motion sensor though, if anyone has hacker they will assume you are there, always go a bit away from it unless you're just camping corners.

3ur4zn said:
What Magik said. It's recoil/kick is quite distinct and unpredictable. Because I rely mostly on hip-firing, it's just useless to me. It sprays all over the place and I can't control it. Go back and play COD4 man. The MP5 has virtually no kick and the recoil is a nice, predictable, up - down motion.

If we're comparing the AK47u with the MP5, the 74u must win for its more predictable, more controllable recoil. I'll admit, I'm not one for accuracy. In all 4 modern COD games, my accuracy percentage hovers between 14 - 15% :lol
The MP5 and the MP5k have exactly the same amount of recoil...

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
LeMaximilian said:
I haven't removed Hacker since my 2nd Prestige.
I haven't removed you from my heart since you penetrated my glistening anus with your massive k/d ratio.

so i remember some people saying that the SMGs suck (other than the 74u and the MP5k.

I tried the Spectre w/ Supressor, and it's actually really good. Low Recoil, does a lot of damage quickly (especially since it's easy to get headshots with the gun) and the Iron Sights are nice and simple.

I was using scavenger though, because the gun eats through ammo very quickly.

Mileena

Banned
I really like the MPL with grip too, but I only find it viable in hardcore modes due to the low ammo and random "omg I shot you 5 times but you still won't die" moments.

X26

Banned
TestOfTide said:
so i remember some people saying that the SMGs suck (other than the 74u and the MP5k.

I tried the Spectre w/ Supressor, and it's actually really good. Low Recoil, does a lot of damage quickly (especially since it's easy to get headshots with the gun) and the Iron Sights are nice and simple.

problem with a lot of them, while the ak74 doesn't have the same issue (that and accuracy, running weight, reload time, recoil, etc.)

it only does everything

corkscrewblow said:
I really like the MPL with grip too, but I only find it viable in hardcore modes due to the low ammo and random "omg I shot you 5 times but you still won't die" moments.

I just went 58-7; regular Domination on Firing Range using the MPL.

MPL + Grip
Scavenger Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Marathon Pro

They never knew what hit them.

Of course, going 58-7 with 4 caps and 1 defend still wasn't enough to actually win the damn match. I swear, some of the idiots who play this game...

Mileena

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:

MPL + Grip
Scavenger Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Marathon Pro

They never knew what hit them.

Of course, going 58-7 with 4 caps and 1 defend still wasn't enough to actually win the damn match. I swear, some of the idiots who play this game...
it's typical with Dom/Demo. I'll get 50+ kills with a couple plants/defuses/caps and the rest of my team will be negative by a large margin with no objective points. I wish some of you guys played on PS3.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
RSTEIN said:
I haven't removed you from my heart since you penetrated my glistening anus with your massive k/d ratio.

Very intrusive. Been pretty bored with the game butI found Barebones Pure to be a ton of fun... sogood.gif

divisionbyzorro said:

MPL + Grip
Scavenger Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Marathon Pro

I can't wait to be done with Prestiging to mess around with the guns nobody uses. Will finally let go of what works to mess around with all those SMG's and seemingly craptacular LMGs. Although the game is starting to wear thin as of late, thank god MVC3 is just around the corner.

corkscrewblow said:
it's typical with Dom/Demo. I'll get 50+ kills with a couple plants/defuses/caps and the rest of my team will be negative by a large margin with no objective points. I wish some of you guys played on PS3.
I do! Add me up CerebusArdvark. Pretty much just play Domination though.

LeMaximilian said:
I can't wait to be done with Prestiging to mess around with the guns nobody uses. Will finally let go of what works to mess around with all those SMG's and seemingly craptacular LMGs. Although the game is starting to wear thin as of late, thank god MVC3 is just around the corner.

Why do you think I stopped prestiging after 1? :lol I knew that I was never going to get to 15 (at the rate I'm going, I'd probably be halfway through 3 right now if I had kept prestiging), and I just wanted the freedom to keep my pro perks and mess around with whatever I wanted, rather than constantly chasing the next unlock. It lets me goof off with the MAC-11 or the Crossbow without feeling like I'm wasting time.

I also get to say that my highest killstreak came using the MPL. :lol 23 kills in a row, not counting killstreak kills!
Yes I'm fully aware that this isn't a record or anything, but I was proud of it!

I do get somewhat jealous when I see gold camo though...

Magik

TestOfTide said:

Its not that the other smgs "suck", its just that they aren't worth using when the AK74u clearly stands far above them. You also pointed out one of the bigger downsides to the other SMGs in that they burn through ammo so fast forcing the player to either scramble to find another gun or use Scavenger for the their Perk 1.

Nemic77

divisionbyzorro said:
MPL + Grip
Scavenger Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Marathon Pro

Yep, the MPL is awesome. Just got my first 100+ kills game with it, playing ground war domination.

I really like using the less used SMGs in the game, such as the MPL, MAC11 and the Kiparis. I actually have a dual MAC11 class set up. Always nice to freshen things up. Always nice to hear peoples comments when they see someone running around with dual MAC11s. :lol

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
divisionbyzorro said:
23 kills in a row, not counting killstreak kills!
Yes I'm fully aware that this isn't a record or anything, but I was proud of it!
Pretty sure 23 is more than the vast majority of people.

Not that I pay a huge amount of attention to other peoples stats..

Twice today, I sniped an RC Car approaching my teammate to save them with the L96. Two separate games. As long as we're saying things we're proud of.

Freezie KO said:
Twice today, I sniped an RC Car approaching my teammate to save them with the L96. Two separate games. As long as we're saying things we're proud of.
Wish there was an achievement for that called "Hot Wheels"

eek5

Magik said:
Its not that the other smgs "suck", its just that they aren't worth using when the AK74u clearly stands far above them. You also pointed out one of the bigger downsides to the other SMGs in that they burn through ammo so fast forcing the player to either scramble to find another gun or use Scavenger for the their Perk 1.
Because the AK74u and MP5k are 40-20 dmg it is actually better to use a higher RoF SMG if you're planning to use a silencer since, at 20 damage which is pretty short range when you silence SMGs, the higher RoF SMG will kill much faster than the AK74u or MP5k.

kuYuri

I'm very partial to the Spectre. Grip + RF = awesomeness. It's unique in that with RF, it fires two bullets at the same time.

corkscrewblow said:
So the new cool thing to do in hardcore SD is to lay prone in spawn the whole round. This fucking game :lol

Sounds like a bunch of total noobs to me. Tube them and be done with it?

Top Bottom