• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Dug said:
These maps are pretty ugly (like most in BO), but ultimately, that doesn't matter if they're fun to play on. Day one, for sure.

I'm also surprised that 2/4 are snowy settings, but I'm actually okay with that, since I seem to play best on these types of maps (Grid, Summit, Array). Something to do with the colors, I guess.

soultron

Banned
ismaboof said:
I'm assuming it will be $15? I think the hockey arena could be a ton of fun unless it ends up like nuketown.
1200 spacebucks, says in the trailer.

Berlin looks worth it. Reminds me a lot of COD2.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
New maps look good apart from Berlin wall which looks as boring as Hanoi. I still wish it would have been 5 MP maps and no zombie stuff, even if the 5th map was a remake or something.

kuYuri

I managed to get Flak Jacket Pro last night.

sogood.gif

You can survive Napalm Strikes so easily, and I even managed to throw back a few frags very easily.

The auto turrets don't bug me, since it's supposed to be no-mans land. I wonder what the trick's going to be to get passed them (besides hur hur ghost pro). In reality it should have been a mine field with a tricky pattern of getting through.

If you can figure out the trick I wonder what it's going to do for Search, lol. Probably random.

TacticalFox88 said:
Good lord ever since MW2 frags have been useless in COD games.
I really wish that was the case.

Unless you mean frags vs semtex, then I would agree. At least in WaW the stickies were balanced vs frags (couldn't throw them as far, smaller explosion).

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
Ugh. I'm still stuck on 2/5 throwbacks. :(

It's all luck man. But if you play enough games of Demolition, you will eventually get it.

You don't even need to throw it back, as long as you pick up the frag, but it explodes before you can actually toss it, it still counts.

kuYuri

Bowling: Infinity Ward will “not rely solely on platform security” after PS3 crack

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/17/blame-mw2-hacks-on-compromised-ps3-security-says-infinity-ward/

Infinity Ward community head Rob Bowling has said that it will no longer solely rely on the first-party security of consoles, following reports that Modern Warfare 2 online stats were affected on PS3.

PS3 Modern Warfare 2 players have reportedly had their stats hacked and, in some cases, fully deleted.

The news comes after PlayStation 3 was fully compromised by hackers this year.

One user on the IW forums described the situation as “horrible, just horrible”.

“Games rely on the security of the encryption on the platforms they’re played on, therefore; updates to the game through patches will not resolve this problem, unless the security exploit itself is resolved on the platform,” said Bowling.

“Regretfully, Call of Duty games are receiving the bulk of the hackers’ attention, due to its high player counts and popularity. However, the number of legitimate players severely outweighs the bad apples.

“If you are concerned about playing with players who are hacking, I encourage you to play exclusively with friends by utilizing the party or private match options in Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty 4 to avoid such players as much as possible until this issue is resolved by Sony.

“Let me assure you, while we are very reliant on Sony updating their firmware and security to address the core problem of this issue. We are looking at EVERY option available to us to help any user affected.”

Bowling concluded: “This only applies to legacy games such as Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2.

“In the future we plan to adjust our approach to not rely solely on platform security and reduce the ability for this to happen in our games, as has already been displayed by the work Treyarch has done on Call of Duty: Black Ops to prevent similar measures.”

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm thinking I should switch to frags... I still have not gotten the hang of Semtex in this game. In MW2 I could place them exactly where I wanted, and had tons of sticks from long distances (I think I've had a total of two in Blops). At least with frags, if it doesn't go exactly where you want it to, it might take a fortunate bounce or roll.

Ugh. I'm having huge CoD withdrawals. I've been in Asia since the 13th, and I won't be back home until the 29th.

So do we know if Treyarch is going to screw us over with the map pack integration like they did in W@W? I actually wanted to buy the maps in W@W, but never did because I was so opposed to the way they were integrated into the playlists. MW2 did it right; hopefully Treyarch learns and does it right too.

Mileena

Banned
So stupid there's only four maps because of boring ass zombies. Oh well, I'm not paying for them anyway. PSN sharing wins again.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:
Ugh. I'm having huge CoD withdrawals. I've been in Asia since the 13th, and I won't be back home until the 29th.

So do we know if Treyarch is going to screw us over with the map pack integration like they did in W@W? I actually wanted to buy the maps in W@W, but never did because I was so opposed to the way they were integrated into the playlists. MW2 did it right; hopefully Treyarch learns and does it right too.

I forget. How did they do it for WaW?

Brian Fellows said:
I forget. How did they do it for WaW?

People without maps would be matched up with people who had the maps. Maps from the packs would show up in the rotation even if you didn't have them, and you'd be kicked from the lobby if they were selected.

It seems there's some glitch going around. Lots of people with gold weapons. I think this glitch gives pro perks as well, but I'm not quite sure what it entails.

I saw the gold guns but another thing I noticed was terrible lag today. It seems like MLK was enough to crap them up. I don't know how it was around Christmas because I didn't play that much.

kuYuri

I noticed the gold camo thing in games as well. I figured it was some kind of glitch. Are people getting it from hacked lobbies or something?

A quick Google search will show you how to perform the glitch.

But I wouldn't do it if I were you. It should be fairly easy for Treyarch to search for players who've performed the glitch and reset their stats, so unless you don't care about getting all of your stats reset...

Wait... I haven't been paying attention to the whole hacking thing...

Hackers can actually delete your stats now? So some sore loser can just wipe all of your progress if he wants?

Looks like I won't be playing anymore until there's some fix in place.

ThirstyFly said:
Wait... I haven't been paying attention to the whole hacking thing...

Hackers can actually delete your stats now? So some sore loser can just wipe all of your progress if he wants?

Looks like I won't be playing anymore until there's some fix in place.
You might have missed it, but that article was referring to Modern Warfare 2, not Black Ops.

In the last line he actually refers to Black Ops as an example of what they want to do in future releases.

BigBlue1974 said:
You might have missed it, but that article was referring to Modern Warfare 2, not Black Ops.

In the last line he actually refers to Black Ops as an example of what they want to do in future releases.

I read it as Infinity Ward only referring to the two games they made on PS3, which is why WaW wasn't mentioned either. But BO is safe from this crap? That's good to hear.

That sucks if Ps3 games even MW2 get messed up online. Would deter me from buying online games on my Ps3 over 360. Although I have Waw-Blops on 360. Cod4 on Ps3.

zesty said:
Perhaps later I'll upload a video at me failing at sniping yesterday. It was pretty embarrassing, but I try it out every now and then to remind myself why I never bother with it.
I stopped reminding myself. Too painful.

Top Bottom