• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

kuYuri

TestOfTide said:
It's over-powered compared to other SMGs. A gun with such predictable and easy recoil should have Idle sway like it did in CoD4. And notice how treyarch didn't allow a grip attachment for the MP5k. There's a reason for that.

Because it already has a foregrip attached to it? :p

My buddy just picked this up sealed at gamestop

WIW4M.jpg

Wtf? :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
RJNavarrete said:

Well, whatever is on that disc will probably have better lag than this game has had the last few days.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I returned a factory sealed game once. They opened it right in front of me and said it was because of that very reason

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
what the fuck has happened. suddenly I'm struggling to go > 1.0. Did they nerf silenced weapons or something? I can't play for the life of me.

RSTEIN said:
what the fuck has happened. suddenly I'm struggling to go > 1.0. Did they nerf silenced weapons or something? I can't play for the life of me.
Galil and commando w/silencer doing fine on my side. Just had a 48-7 Domination game with the Commando in fact. Try again later? Lag was ridiculous for me yesterday. :/

Haven't played this game since late November, thinking of coming back in. Have there been a lot of patches?

I'm not liking what I'm reading that they are nerfing weapons. What else are Treyarch fucking up?

Nizz

See You Next Wednesday said:
Haven't played this game since late November, thinking of coming back in. Have there been a lot of patches?

I'm not liking what I'm reading that they are nerfing weapons. What else are Treyarch fucking up?
I myself haven't played this game in over two weeks I think. I read the OP and saw they tweaked the knife lunge. Is it better now? Or is Commando still in the game in spirit? :0

X26

Banned
you'll still get the cheesy death from a knife lunge, but for the most part if you aren't in range the knifer will simply stab at air

feel like mohammad ali sometimes swaying away from a knife and taking them out afterwards

I see the last few pages talking about a PC patch, what's the status on the 360 side of things? I got annoyed by Black Ops early on and have stayed away since. Is the online code finally fixed? The 74u is being fixed on PC, what about 360? What else is new to report?

kuYuri

Played several hours today, overall did very well. The occasional bullshit moment, but it's expected. Weirdest shit was a SAM turret box disappearing on me on Jungle when it got stuck on the destroyed cannons near SOG spawn.

RJNavarrete said:

http://www.imgur.com/aUGh5.jpg

Was it actually factory sealed or was it a Gamestop "seal"?

Sniping is fun, but sniping people in S&D is damn fun. I usually stay away from objective games, but I've been playing some S&D lately. We got put on Array, so I equipped the L96.

On defense, I hopped up on the crane to watch one of the sites. Then, one, two, three people all came running within a 2 second span of time, and I served each of them with headshots. 3 headshots on moving targets.

I'm not the player Max or cuevas is, but I have my games. I had to share my elation. There's something special about no respawns, knowing you landed your perfect shot and they ain't coming back. Also, they ain't coming back knowing exactly where you are.

TestOfTide said:
It's over-powered compared to other SMGs. A gun with such predictable and easy recoil should have Idle sway like it did in CoD4. And notice how treyarch didn't allow a grip attachment for the MP5k. There's a reason for that.

I prefer to think that the other SMGs are underpowered.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So a buddy of mine decided to start prestiging with me and we rolled through Prestige 2 together in less than two weeks. It was fun as hell racing to see who could hit the cap first (I lost) and it was really refreshing.

cameltoe

Ok, wanna see if anyone else is getting this.

Im used to the aim assist pulling the crosshair when Im ADS and a dude runs past....but whats happening now is when im just running in a building, if there is a dude outside, my shit locks on him through the wall and I cant turn! WTF is going on here?

I was under ground on Radiation and an enemy was above looking down one of those ladders. As I was running in that direction, my crosshairs locked on the ladder and I coudnt turn.....until the dude dropped down. But once he did it unlocks and my aim goes flying across the screen.

This started happening a week ago and happens at least 3-4 times a match.

This shit happening to anyone else?

I turned off aim assist but I get the opposite effect in CQC. When I quick aim on a dude from the hip when it reaches his body, the aim accelerates and I blow right past him.

Magik

_Alkaline_ said:

You're not the only one that thinks that. All that needs to be done is minor adjustments with the other SMGs rather than nerfing the AK74u so it becomes as underpowered as the rest of the SMGs

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Was on a pretty good roll in TDM earlier tonight. Broke the 600 score per minute barrier for the first time (weekly leaderboard obviously). Although that didn't last very long.

_Alkaline_ said:

That's just because of how overpowered the ARs are. There was a specific reason that none of the full-autos could do 30 damage at range with a silencer attached. Otherwise it would have been overpowered.

It's even worse with the famas/AUG because those guns have the same firing rate as the SMGs, but do 25 damage at range, which is basically the same as having the guns do 30 damage at range.

cameltoe said:
\Im used to the aim assist pulling the crosshair when Im ADS and a dude runs past....but whats happening now is when im just running in a building, if there is a dude outside, my shit locks on him through the wall and I cant turn! WTF is going on here?

It's done this to me ever since launch. If you're prepared for it, it can be a godsend because it will indicate to you when someone is walking across your FOV behind a wall.

cameltoe said:
I turned off aim assist but I get the opposite effect in CQC. When I quick aim on a dude from the hip when it reaches his body, the aim accelerates and I blow right past him.

I'd wager the opposite is happening. With aim assist off, you're not getting any cursor slowdown as your move over the enemy. You're not seeing it accelerate; you're just not seeing it decelerate, and you're so used to how it should feel that it feels like it's speeding up.

Just a quick question, I've been playing this game sparingly the past 2 weeks or so(been busy playing new vegas and AC brotherhood).

Did something happen with the Leave With Party feature?

A ton of times the other night I would do Leave with Party and everyone would get disbanded instead. It happened yesterday too at least 5 different times. Sometimes it works but its getting annoying. I dont remember it being that bad about a month ago.

kuYuri

Lionheart1827 said:
Just a quick question, I've been playing this game sparingly the past 2 weeks or so(been busy playing new vegas and AC brotherhood).

Did something happen with the Leave With Party feature?

A ton of times the other night I would do Leave with Party and everyone would get disbanded instead. It happened yesterday too at least 5 different times. Sometimes it works but its getting annoying. I dont remember it being that bad about a month ago.

I was party leader yesterday for awhile and that never happened to me.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Why do I feel like such a noob trying to use theater mode? I rendered a clip on my 360, linked my account and youtube and it still hasn't shown up after waiting several days.

I also uploaded some screen shots from my clip and they always come out looking like this. WTF am I doing wrong? The screen shot should be of me aiming down a pal in my sights not some pixelated mess. Someone please enlighten me! lol

screenshot.54d10030cc86b1b9b60eac2a859251f5.4286922964375_med.jpg

Is it because I took the screenshot from a clip I cut and not the original film?

Hardcore Demolition is...surprisingly fun! It was definitely drawing me back into the game when I jumped on earlier with a friend. (I thought it was going to be frustrating as hell, but it has the right mix of action and slow pace).

Also, I hacked a Sentry gun and it immediately targeted a proned teammate and killed him. wtf!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Sleight of Hand pro challenge, fast hand kills - any easy trick to getting this? I feel like if I shoot somebody they either drop dead before I reload or they turn around and blast me just as I finish reloading lolz :(

Magik

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Sleight of Hand pro challenge, fast hand kills - any easy trick to getting this? I feel like if I shoot somebody they either drop dead before I reload or they turn around and blast me just as I finish reloading lolz :(

I find it easy to do with people who have second chance since that brief moment of invincibility allows me the chance to hide behind cover, reload, and than come back to finish them off.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Magik said:
I find it easy to do with people who have second chance since that brief moment of invincibility allows me the chance to hide behind cover, reload, and than come back to finish them off.

This

Mystery

GuiltybyAssociation said:

Use a silencer, and come up from behind your enemy. Also, stun or flash them first.

jedimike

I'm enjoying the increased competition I've seen over the last couple days. I'm not sure if the Christmas newbs have gotten better or if Tryarch did some work on the back-end. It could also be that I passed whatever threashold is in place that puts me in a higher bracket. (Over the past 3-4 weeks my k/d has increased from 1.32 to 1.61)

Whatever the reason, the increased challenge makes the game a lot more fun.

Yen

It's taking me half an hour to get a game. At least.
Still pretty much a Christmas noob though.
Also it says I have a strict NAT score. What's this?

kuYuri

Yenrot said:
It's taking me half an hour to get a game. At least.
Still pretty much a Christmas noob though.
Also it says I have a strict NAT score. What's this?

Your strict NAT is the exact reason why it's taking so long to get into games.

I got a connection error two games in a row, one of them was in the Weekend Gambler wager matches. Once I was booted I was greeted with this screen:

33yl44h.jpg

Top Bottom