• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Honestly I wouldn't even care that much if I simply got credit for the kill. I'd still finish guys off, but at least then I can make sure and do it properly without rushing to prevent some teammate from stealing a kill.

noire said:
But yeah, I'd prefer that the person that does most of the work gets the kill. I hate being the one that chased a dude down and 'killed' him for the assist when the next person just runs up, plugs them once while they can't move and gets the kill.

Agreed. If you play any sort of long range game it can be so frustrating to get three or four assists in a row due to last stand.

luoapp

PalaceBrother said:
Agreed. If you play any sort of long range game it can be so frustrating to get three or four assists in a row due to last stand.
Why? I mean you can safely reload, shot his toe and kill him off or threw a flashbang over. Much better than being killed by a pistol while reloading.

luoapp said:
Why? I mean you can safely reload, shot his toe and kill him off or threw a flashbang over. Much better than being killed by a pistol while reloading.

If you shoot a standing opponent from a distance they can often drop into last stand out of your range (ie behind cover).

It's not the end of the world but it's frustrating when it happens. In those instances it's my fault for playing a long distance game, not their fault for using last stand. Still frustrates me though.

Mileena

Banned
My problem with last stand, is that since I usually only play hardcore S&D, I get super raged when I get killed by it. I get the jump on a guy, shoot him twice, he goes on last stand and shoots me once then I'm dead. It's not fair at all. Then to top it off, 99% of the time somebody revives them so I get no credit for the kill and have to wait till next round. It's a fucking stupid perk any which way you look at it. I like perks that help me when I'm alive, not some cheap bullshit I need to use because I'm a shitty player.

corkscrewblow said:
My problem with last stand, is that since I usually only play hardcore S&D, I get super raged when I get killed by it. I get the jump on a guy, shoot him twice, he goes on last stand and shoots me once then I'm dead. It's not fair at all. Then to top it off, 99% of the time somebody revives them so I get no credit for the kill and have to wait till next round. It's a fucking stupid perk any which way you look at it. I like perks that help me when I'm alive, not some cheap bullshit I need to use because I'm a shitty player.
Oh yeah, I forgot about hardcore. They really need to make it so that second chance only works for long range, non-sniper-rifle hits when playing hardcore anything.

So did I misunderstand that first strike trailer, or did treyarch really decide to have two sides of a map with only one tiny, destructible bridge connecting them?

Mr Sandman said:
Second Chance should fuck with their aim like Borderlands. Seems like a good balance.
It's not that second chance is too good so much as it is that the other green perks need improvement (excluding hacker pro).

I've had way too many instances where I got killed in TDM or Free-for-all because I didn't climb/vault over an object fast enough. There is no reason no to have marathon pro let you clim/vault faster like in MW2.

Meanwhile while Tactical mask pro is good, the regular version wins the award for most useless perk.

And ninja pro still hasn't been fixed, leading me to hear my teammates just as loudly as my opponents.

TestOfTide said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about hardcore. They really need to make it so that second chance only works for long range, non-sniper-rifle hits when playing hardcore anything.

So did I misunderstand that first strike trailer, or did treyarch really decide to have two sides of a map with only one tiny, destructible bridge connecting them?

I seriously doubt that is the only way to get around the map...

Last stand is not there to help you, it is there to annoy your opponent. How often does hacker give you an extra life by telling you there is a claymore around the corner? How often does Ninja save you by not letting the enemy know you are coming? A hell of a lot more often than last stand because it doesn't help you until you lost the battle already.

A death while teabagging my teammate who is in last stand pro is worth it every goddamn time.

corkscrewblow said:

Last Stand is a minor annoyance in regular, but I can imagine it would be rage inducing in hardcore. :/

Yet another reason to never play hardcore! :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
divisionbyzorro said:
Last Stand is a minor annoyance in regular, but I can imagine it would be rage inducing in hardcore. :/

That's possibly the only valid reason not to play hardcore. If Last Stand was removed or bitches on the ground couldn't ADS, hardcore would become sublime.

divisionbyzorro said:

Hardcore Team Death is terrible, because everyone camps and there's barely any action. But the other hardcore modes are pretty damn fun because there's less camping.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr Sandman said:
Hardcore Team Death is terrible, because everyone camps and there's barely any action. But the other hardcore modes are pretty damn fun because there's less camping.
I don't encounter too many teams of campers in HC TDM on PC. If it gets bad I just find a new server.

snacknuts

we all knew her
noire said:
If any PS3 GAFers want someone else to play TDM with, add me: noiretoile

Just put in there somewhere that you're from GAF.

If you don't mind playing with someone who sucks, feel free to add me: snacknuts

I think I've had it with this game for a while(on 360 at least). Was doing awesome a week ago now I can't seem to get anywhere. Tried out different guns but it's not helping. Mean while everyone on the enemy team is getting longshots with SMGs. I knew the camping was bad but jeez, every match me and my friends played almost ran out the clock. :( I know it won't happen but, last stand needs to go. Ever run into an entire team with it? Yeah not fun.

corkscrewblow said:
Treyarch: we can patch gold guns; we can't patch the horrible hit detection.

Worst. Developers. Ever.

Altering source code to work on a core gameplay mechanic is definitely easier than patching a simple exploit.

You sure know your stuff, sir.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Altering source code to work on a core gameplay mechanic is definitely easier than patching a simple exploit.

In addition, developers are often loathe to change source code after launch, and there's absolutely no way they'll overhaul something as fundamental as the weapons system after launch. The amount of effort that would take is insane and runs a risk of causing more problems than it solve. You're not going to see that happen until the next game.

DRE Fei

Having host in this game is like being superman. I went 71-10 in headquarters, got about a million blackbirds by running around the whole time, and all it did was prove how bullshit this thing is. The game desperately needs dedicated servers.

Furthermore, all you serious snipers out there must be gluttons for punishment, because that class is god awful in this game. I don't understand how you do it. I refuse to even make a sniper class in this game anymore because it's just not worth it. Even after the patch it's clearly the worst sniping in the past 3 years of COD and I can't believe the developer is saying they're fine with the tuning now. What a joke. This game is all about rapid fire ak74u and famas.

Mileena

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:

uhhh... this game is how old? Three months should be more than enough time to patch your broken game that sold like 11mil.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
DRE Fei said:
Having host in this game is like being superman.

This.
I've upgraded my internet in the last few weeks and have been pulling host for the first time in a Call of Duty game. It is so much more responsive that it isn't funny.

Spurs_Fan

Neo Member
Amen on the snipping brother lol. i dont get how I can play COD4 and be a sniper class and go 22-5, and then next day go 6-18 on on this game. For example i was playing Domination last week on WMD, and some guy was on last stand, took me 3 damn bullets to finish him. I even used the scout perk. It sucks, cause sniper class was my second favorite class in cod4 :(.

I joined a match halfway and went 6-2 sniping. Then I got accused of hacking. Um... I think if I was hacking I could do better than 6-2. For fuck's sake...

Mush

Yo dudes, I've started playing again after about a 2 month break due to other stuff happening and need some tips to back in the groove. I'm on the 360 and I'm 33 1st prestige. :/

Neverender said:
Soooo why can't we choose which mode to play in the 10,000 wager matches? I hate having to play sticks and stones for such high stakes.

Really? I never knew you couldn't chose, but it makes sense now that I think about it.

There won't be nearly as many people playing high stakes so if they didn't group everyone together you'd never find a game.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
fcqqnt.jpg

Good week.
Not pictured: Having only played 5 games this week

Nabs

Stallion Free said:
If you can't beat them, join them.
Our last stand class will be EPIC. Next time I get bitched out for jumping, I'm switching to Last Stand/Second Chance immediately.

Tkawsome said:
Really? I never knew you couldn't chose, but it makes sense now that I think about it.

There won't be nearly as many people playing high stakes so if they didn't group everyone together you'd never find a game.

Hmm didn't think of this. I mostly get annoyed at having to play Sticks and Stones. The whole tomahawk resetting your score thing really takes the 'skill' out of it in my opinion...

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Stallion Free said:

what movie is that from? that James Jameson guy has been in a shitload of movies I've seen lately.

SumPog

Neo Member
I'm kind of on the fence between the PSG1 and the L96a1. On one hand the bolt action is funner to use and more powerful but then the semi gives you more of a chance and has a pretty cool scope. What do you guys think about the two?

mbmonk

Black Ops PC gamers, Are any of you having what appears to be hitches in frame rate? Like a stutter or pause when you play?

It happens to me about 1 or 2 times per map on multi or bot matches. I used fraps to record my frame rate and it says that my minimum frames is 44. So it's not my vid card.

Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Seems like some fellow Q6600 users are having this issue...

Mystery

The retarded pro-perk and gold gun glitch has been fixed in a hotfix. It was kind of pissing me off that I spent all this time getting to 15th prestige and seeing some level 19 using golden guns.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Mystery said:
The retarded pro-perk and gold gun glitch has been fixed in a hotfix. It was kind of pissing me off that I spent all this time getting to 15th prestige and seeing some level 19 using golden guns.

Good to know someone else on the boards was feeling my pain. Up to 3 gold guns now and was starting to think it was all for nothing. Weird how relaxing hitting 15th Prestige was...the desire to just have fun with the game is much more apparent now. Stoner/ext mags with scavenger is nuts. Have bullets, will use.

Not positive, but I think the Wager Match when you Prestige glitch is gone now too. I prestiged last night and did the same technique as I did for the previous prestige to get some extra cash. This time though, I got a message just before the game started saying I didn't have enough money for a wager match. Not really a big deal as it only saved me from having to build up my money so I could setup my class the way I want to.

Top Bottom