• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

mbmonk said:
Black Ops PC gamers, Are any of you having what appears to be hitches in frame rate? Like a stutter or pause when you play?

It happens to me about 1 or 2 times per map on multi or bot matches. I used fraps to record my frame rate and it says that my minimum frames is 44. So it's not my vid card.

Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Seems like some fellow Q6600 users are having this issue...

Yup, many, many people do. No. 1 issue with PC Blops at the moment.

LeMaximilian said:
Stoner/ext mags with scavenger is nuts. Have bullets, will use.

Anything with Extended Mags and Scavenger is awesome. I especially love the Commando and the AK47.

EDIT: Ha - the Jan 2011 XBox 360 update disables pirated copies of Black Ops and Halo Reach.
temporarily - hackers always win :(

Ryck

I am sure this has been asked before but, what is better: Steady Aim or Grip? I realize I could use both but I was just wondering which has the better overall effect.

Ryck said:
I am sure this has been asked before but, what is better: Steady Aim or Grip? I realize I could use both but I was just wondering which has the better overall effect.
They don't actually do the same thing; grip reduces recoil when aiming down the sight, and Steady Aim reduces your spread when hip firing. So it probably depends which one you do more.

Ryck

buy teh haloz said:
They don't actually do the same thing; grip reduces recoil when aiming down the sight, and Steady Aim reduces your spread when hip firing. So it probably depends which one you do more.
Gotcha, thank you that answers my query.

mbmonk

Ogs said:
Yup, many, many people do. No. 1 issue with PC Blops at the moment.

Sad to hear. The quality of PC ports are becoming worse and worse. I am foolishly holding out hope that BF3 isn't a f'ed console port.

eek5

buy teh haloz said:
grip actually increases center speed so it does help when hipfiring

Ryck

eek5 said:
grip actually increases center speed so it does help when hipfiring
Thanks, yeah my current favorite class is Ak74+Grip+Steady Aim. So far I have had really good results even on the larger maps where in my experience the 74 really struggles.

Man, Black Ops wont load now after update. Just keeps telling me disc unreadable.

Other few games I tried loaded fine.

I'm not a hacker, no mod chip or anything - whys my game not loading now. ;(

Wow, my PS3 trolled me last night. I go to start multiplayer and it froze for a few seconds and a message came up saying "Your Multiplayer Stats have been Reset". I literally said "What the Fuck!!!" out loud. A million thoughts went through my mind. I then hit X and another screen came up and said a proper restore couldn't be done so it was just reverting me back to Prestige 5, level 5. I believe I was only level 6 on Prestige 5 so I was VERY relieved that I hadn't just been reset to Prestige 1, level 1.

PalaceBrother said:
14 seconds in.

THERE IS A LADDER THERE????

I love knifing in Gun game isn't that a major part of the game type?! every time I play with friends people get seriously pissed, I have left some houses with people not talking.. Its a fucking game people.

granted I do use the weapons as well, not just knife the entire round.

kuYuri

The few times I played Gun Game, people rarely knife. I noticed they want to get that Ballistic Knife kill as fast as possible so they forego knifing pretty much altogether.

kuYuri

Patch 1.06 has been sent out for certification.

http://www.callofduty.com/board/vie...35824&sid=kaqj691npht0sa08mp7grjh5r6#p4435824

This is likely the patch that is changing up Second Chance, AK74u, and RC-XD that was mentioned here. Also doing these fixes for PS3 version:

While working with some key and helpful members of the PS3 Call of Duty community directly, we were:

- able to find and fix a common hard freeze (technically a crash)
- improve the connectivity and reliability of connection between players (which has many cascading side effects seen in various ways when in the game)
- fix an issue where a party joining a lobby would not have the entire party make it if the lobby did a host migration
-and others...

JetBlackPanda said:
I love knifing in Gun game isn't that a major part of the game type?! every time I play with friends people get seriously pissed, I have left some houses with people not talking.. Its a fucking game people.

granted I do use the weapons as well, not just knife the entire round.

Yes but....but there is a ladder on Crisis. I had no idea about that.

Miggytronz

So early in December Daniel Sanderson, Uzi, and I entered in the GameStop tournament to try our shot at the $13,000 grand prize. We did well and were ranked around 7th at one point (maybe better, can't remember) and were well within the range of the top 4 final spots to get to the finals. Then all of a sudden the top teams start boosting with each other. Long story short, the admin Don King is rigging the tournament with these teams and changing the rules to cater to THEIR best interest.

Luckily for me I have a capture card, so I recorded these scum bag teams trying to get us to boost and cheat in order to keep out Team FeaR (for those who don't know, one of the best cod teams in the world). I declinded, since we aren't cheaters.

Just want to spread out the word, and let people know what a scam GGL.com is, and at the end of the day WE played FAIR and almost made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrS4t7FSePc

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379616&p=6844223#post6844223

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
zesty said:
I keep seeing the term "boosting" thrown around and have no idea what that means.

Purposely letting a person on the other team achieve some sort of goal. Like in MW2 when people would do this to get nukes.

I've been using the M16 with ACOG and its incrediblely accurate, even more so with Hardend Pro enabled. There have been matches where I would take out the more than half the team without having to reload. Two burst kilks at medium to long range, its also a heartbreaker,if your shooting at the same player I'll get the kill 90% of the time. It took some time to develop a play style thats works when using the M16, I approach each cornes with caution and take advantage of all forms of cover.

aku:jiki

So I just put together a little montage of some decent kills I've saved in theater... It's not exactly amazing, but check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc2Bgw-XJAg

It's mostly sniper acrobatics (no 360s though :lol), so I'm sure GAF will adore it.

(Sorry about the name of the video, americans. That word isn't very charged in Europe and it's just a reference to the song.)

Strider2K99 said:
This is likely the patch that is changing up Second Chance, AK74u, and RC-XD that was mentioned here. Also doing these fixes for PS3 version:
Wait, Vahn's post claims they fixed knifing and sniping. When did that happen and why didn't I get that patch?

luoapp

OG_Original Gamer said:
I've been using the M16 with ACOG and its incrediblely accurate, even more so with Hardend Pro enabled. There have been matches where I would take out the more than half the team without having to reload. Two burst kilks at medium to long range, its also a heartbreaker,if your shooting at the same player I'll get the kill 90% of the time. It took some time to develop a play style thats works when using the M16, I approach each cornes with caution and take advantage of all forms of cover.

Have been using M16+ACOG+suppressor w/ motion sensor for quite some time now, and I am loving it. Srsly, I even use it in Nuketown, and usually get highest kill in the game with a 2 kdr. I can stay in one place where the opponent team knows, and I still win the gun fight 80% of time. I used to be a gun-and-run SMG guy, and this totally changed my play style.

mr_boo

OG_Original Gamer said:
Yeah...the M16 + ACOG has no sway, which attributes to the referred accuracy. It's definitely a fun gun to use. All the ARs can essentially "hang" with each other to some degree...I just wish the SMGs were a bit more up to par to the ARs.

luoapp said:
Have been using M16+ACOG+suppressor w/ motion sensor for quite some time now, and I am loving it. Srsly, I even use it in Nuketown, and usually get highest kill in the game with a 2 kdr. I can stay in one place where the opponent team knows, and I still win the gun fight 80% of time. I used to be a gun-and-run SMG guy, and this totally changed my play style.

Yes, I use it on nuketown as well.4 Napalm Strikes in one match and a few headshot winning kill cams. No suppressor here, enjoy the sound of gun to much.

mr_boo said:
Yeah...the M16 + ACOG has no sway, which attributes to the referred accuracy. It's definitely a fun gun to use. All the ARs can essentially "hang" with each other to some degree...I just wish the SMGs were a bit more up to par to the ARs.

A smg similar to a AR in range would be crazy. The AUG IMO, is nearly a SMG.

mr_boo

OG_Original Gamer said:
A smg similar to a AR in range would be crazy. The AUG IMO, is nearly a SMG.
Sorry - was not insinuating that SMGs should have AR range characteristics. It was more of a generalization than anything else. The problems I have with SMGs in comparison with ARs are two things (off the top of my head): [1] 20 Bullet Clips and [2] FAMAS/AUG RoF is much too high.

snacknuts

we all knew her
aku:jiki said:
So I just put together a little montage of some decent kills I've saved in theater... It's not exactly amazing, but check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc2Bgw-XJAg

It's mostly sniper acrobatics (no 360s though :lol), so I'm sure GAF will adore it.

(Sorry about the name of the video, americans. That word isn't very charged in Europe and it's just a reference to the song.)

You should be apologizing for the music. Apart from that, entertaining video.

ismaboof

Man I love Hardcore TDM when it works, but when everyone just sits in a random corner the whole game just screeches to a halt. Fuck.

Fox Mulder

I just got the game on my day off and jumped in on veteran. I've beaten every single CoD on this difficulty, but for some reason, I can't even get out of the first goddamn level.

Everytime the BTR comes through the gates, it tells me my actions have caused my team to die. I have tried many different tactics over dozens of tries, and I'm just about to kick my 360 through a wall.

How the fuck do you beat this part? I've even tried letting my AI guys do everything, and it always happens at the same time.

luoapp

corkscrewblow said:
only in a Treyarch game can I get two hitmarkers with the shotgun and not get a kill IN HARDCORE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iwhXc-c0VU

Treyarch :lol

Damage of each pellet drops to 10 after ~15m. With suppressor on, it's even shorter. It is totally possible you only did 20 damage and he survived with 10hp left.

You can complain an unregistered hit due to bad hit detection / net code / lag, but hitmarker = hit registered.

DRE Fei said:
How can you possibly get worse than BLOPS?

like IW did in MW2? lol

Mileena

Banned
It's two shots with a shotgun in hardcore. I don't care if I have a fucking dildo attachment on my gun, it should still kill him.

DRE Fei

luoapp said:
Damage of each pellet drops to 10 after ~15m. With suppressor on, it's even shorter. It is totally possible you only did 20 damage and he survived with 10hp left.

You can complain an unregistered hit due to bad hit detection / net code / lag, but hitmarker = hit registered.

like IW did in MW2? lol
Yeah, but it was perk balance that ruined that MW2, not lag. Lag and disconnects are more frustrating and blops is full of it. I just hope Raven can bring something fresh to the multiplayer since things have gotten stale with blops.

luoapp

corkscrewblow said:
It's two shots with a shotgun in hardcore. I don't care if I have a fucking dildo attachment on my gun, it should still kill him.

LOL, dildo or pissed off by a totally normal game, that's your choice.

Insaniac

any tips for using the Ballistic knife ranged attack? I am pretty good with the tomohawk but I can't seem to score a hit with the ballistic knife unless its A) complete random luck, or B) The target is barely moving at all. It seems even the slightest strafe will make the ballistic knife miss!

edit: yes I do lead my shots and I take into account the drop of the knife.

Risible

divisionbyzorro said:

And that's why I only play Hardcore. Dude takes a grenade launcher to the face (no flak jacket) and just barrels through and knifes the dude. He shrugs off bullets like they're love taps. Why the hell does anyone want to play that mode?

corkscrewblow said:

Unless you're right on top of someone shotguns don't do shit. The spread is recockulous.

Top Bottom