• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Tkawsome said:
I got a connection error two games in a row, one of them was in the Weekend Gambler wager matches. Once I was booted I was greeted with this screen:

33yl44h.jpg

I see this screen ALL the time playing online multiplayer. It sorta glitches out, I'm guessing they do that on purpose? I don't like it.

TheOMan said:
I see this screen ALL the time playing online multiplayer. It sorta glitches out, I'm guessing they do that on purpose? I don't like it.

It froze on that scree though, so I don't think it's on purpose.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Ugh, Jungle is the WORST map to play on when your team is shit. I swear I just got killed by napalm like six times.

Nabs said:
gotta say, i am in love with the scorpion. even started rolling with two for the hell of it.

50-20, right? With a wicked short-drop off? I couldn't stand it; I felt like I might as well just use a shotgun considering how close you have to be to get the damage benefit of that weapon.

divisionbyzorro said:
50-20, right? With a wicked short-drop off? I couldn't stand it; I felt like I might as well just use a shotgun considering how close you have to be to get the damage benefit of that weapon.
It would be pretty OP with a longer range, considering it's utter lack of recoil.

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:

That's not the only thing good about it. It has probably the lowest recoil in the game; I like running it with Scavenger Pro, Sleight of Hand, and Rapid Fire.

Risible

Is there any sort of consensus on the best gun? I've been using the Commando and the Stoner and really enjoy them, but am wondering if I'm missing out on some amazing gun I never thought to try. :)

vhfive

Risible said:
Is there any sort of consensus on the best gun? I've been using the Commando and the Stoner and really enjoy them, but am wondering if I'm missing out on some amazing gun I never thought to try. :)
ak74u

Maffis

Risible said:

Galil.

FerranMG

I'm loving Commando + supressor.
Occasionally with a reflex sight.

Anyways, I just don't see a very big difference between guns.
I mean, what I do is choose one and, if I'm not performing well after a while, then I change.
But when I'm doing well, I can't tell if it's because of the gun or because I'm really playing good.

Erasus

Risible said:

G11
AK47u
Galili

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
tsigo said:
It's weird seeing the prancing horse emblem without some sort of phallus sticking out of it like you usually see.
Yeah, I must be one of those rare 20+ year olds playing the game who doesn't think that's a fucking awesome idea.

jedimike

FerranMG said:
I'm loving Commando + supressor.
Occasionally with a reflex sight.

Anyways, I just don't see a very big difference between guns.
I mean, what I do is choose one and, if I'm not performing well after a while, then I change.
But when I'm doing well, I can't tell if it's because of the gun or because I'm really playing good.

That's my favorite combo. I agree, the guns are all pretty similar. Whenever I have to pick up a gun and use it, I seem to do just as good.

Confession: I can't recognize most of the guns by what they look like, so when I pick up a gun and like how it feels, I can never recreate it. :(

jedimike

tsigo said:
It's weird seeing the prancing horse emblem without some sort of phallus sticking out of it like you usually see.

I can put up with most emblems, like horses humping rabbits and such, but there's some I just have to file a complaint for. I have no problems filing complaints for hate emblems or grossly obsene (like fists up arse, scat, spluge, etc.) sexual emblems.

Yesterday I saw an emblem where a guy made a KKK guy holding a black guy over a fire with a burning cross in the background. It was the most offensive emblem I have ever seen. Yes, I reported it.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
That fast hand kills pro challenge was actually pretty easy with the G11. Geez, really should've equipped that earlier.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
ismaboof said:
What a shitty day. I've dropped from 1.34 K/D to 1.27
Played for the last hour and I couldn't fucking kill anything today. Every game felt like shit — this after a streak of a few days where I felt all of my connections were pretty good. It was bound to end sometime.

Magik

vatstep said:
Played for the last hour and I couldn't fucking kill anything today. Every game felt like shit — this after a streak of a few days where I felt all of my connections were pretty good. It was bound to end sometime.

Happened to me as well, though it actually happens quite often playing on the PS3 side.

I was using the M16 for a long time because I really like it's long range damage. But I recently switched to the G11 on a suggestion made in this thread. It's really good indeed. Certainly better for close range than the M16.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Same thing has been happening to me guys (although today was a bit better). I'm STRUGGLING now to just break even each game. Many rage quits. My bullets just don't do damage anymore.

I've been defending the lag in this game since launch because my experience has been great. Now I'm starting to rage and I feel the pain of all those that have been complaining.

I went 40-2 earlier on Firing Range of all places (Team Death Match).

Motion sensor in the blue, middle building + Famas Primary and enemy's MP5K secondary was too killer. Any motion detected led to me jumping out the tire window and engaging them as they went up the stairs slowly looking for me. I did it about 4 times and got napalm, cg, gs. :]

luoapp

Freezie KO said:
I was using the M16 for a long time because I really like it's long range damage. But I recently switched to the G11 on a suggestion made in this thread. It's really good indeed. Certainly better for close range than the M16.

You can't use a suppressor with scope on G11.

I was having fun in wager matches until the past five matches in a row were laggy as hell. I like those modes, but I can't stand to lose my points because I was thrown into a match I had no chance of competing in.

The M.O.B

Nabs said:
What modes do you guys usually play? I'm usually in a HC TDM server.

I'm usually in a 24/7 HC FFA servers. My Teammates piss me off way too much and way too often in this game. Only one I can blame in FFA is myself and Treyarch.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The M.O.B said:
I'm usually in a 24/7 HC FFA servers. My Teammates piss me off way too much and way too often in this game. Only one I can blame in FFA is myself and Treyarch.
I played mostly that in MW1 and WAW and it made me resent those games after a couple hundred hours.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
noire said:
Earlier today I was on level 45 of my 1st prestige. Booted the game up this evening and got a "your online stats have been reset" message. No clue why.

Someone I was in a lobby with earlier today said the same thing happened to them.

been using the stakeout more and although it's no SPAS-12, the thing has some really nice range. I always make sure to fire right as I begin to aim down the sights and the spread is so tight that I can consistently get headshots.

noire said:
There are several posts in the official forums about it happening too. Seems restricted to the PS3 version.
So you were reset all the way back to level 1? That really sucks, hopefully they can fix you up and get you back to where you were. I did notice one guy with a blue clan tag yesterday that wasn't Prestige 13(I think that's what you have to be.). This was on the PS3 so I wonder if perhaps you were in a room with someone doing something wrong and they just lumped everyone together for some reason.

I've now come to the conclusion that if you want to feel good, or just been having a lot of bad guys, that the best time to play is early mornings. I don't usually sleep in on weekends and I always find I have fantastic games. My theory is that it's more younger kids playing at that time that haven't learned all the ins and outs of the games so this old man can take advantage. Weekday nights for me are the worst both in terms of laggy games and skill of the competition.

BigBlue1974 said:
I've now come to the conclusion that if you want to feel good, or just been having a lot of bad guys, that the best time to play is early mornings. I don't usually sleep in on weekends and I always find I have fantastic games. My theory is that it's more younger kids playing at that time that haven't learned all the ins and outs of the games so this old man can take advantage. Weekday nights for me are the worst both in terms of laggy games and skill of the competition.

I've popped home from work a few times at lunch and generally have good games. It must be kids.

Our 4 man team got into a lobby with a very bad 4 person group last night. They stuck with us for an hour and it was joyous.

Top Bottom