• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

X26 said:
only way you were racking up that many kills a match is in objectve modes, which just goes to show how desperately this game needed to nerf killstreaks

objective game modes may actually be playable in black ops, it's beautiful

I do that in Team Deathmatch consistently. L86 + predator missile/harrier strike/pave low, rinse and repeat. This is why I'm really excited to bet xp/whatever, I'm constantly surprised how many people just don't leave after getting their ass handed to them over and over. Then again I may suck now due to the killsteak change, hopefully it doesn't change things too much.

hW4Ga.png

Shurs

I'm super hyped for this game. I don't know why exactly. I never had enough interest in the Treyarch COD games to purchase them, and I barely played Modern Warfare 2.

Nevertheless, I'm really excited. This will be my first Call of Duty game on 360.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Just got it 3 days early on PC... now please tell me I can install...

"Black Ops cannot be intalled yet, because it is not yet released"

FUCK YOU STEAM. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Digital Distribution :lol

X26 said:
objective game modes may actually be playable in black ops, it's beautiful
Definitely agree. Was playing some Domination in MW2 and it's ridiculous how unplayable many of the games were. I then sat and watched my brother in law play...95% of his deaths were from grenades/noob tubes.

Now I'm just excited because I think I'll be able to use the flak jacket and focus on the objectives and not have to worry about some kid who knows how to tube across the map. Can anyone confirm about how long the delay is with noob tubes at the start of a game?

Oh by the way for the 360 owners, does the party chat work in deathmatch now or is it still like MW2?

I hate listening to a bunch of little teens bitching.

Pennybags

sweetvar26 said:
Oh by the way for the 360 owners, does the party chat work in deathmatch now or is it still like MW2?

I hate listening to a bunch of little teens bitching.

Only certain playlists (S&D, for example) block party chat.

Magik

BigBlue1974 said:
Definitely agree. Was playing some Domination in MW2 and it's ridiculous how unplayable many of the games were. I then sat and watched my brother in law play...95% of his deaths were from grenades/noob tubes.

Now I'm just excited because I think I'll be able to use the flak jacket and focus on the objectives and not have to worry about some kid who knows how to tube across the map. Can anyone confirm about how long the delay is with noob tubes at the start of a game?

So does Flak Jacket prevent you from dying all together from explosives? Or will it take more than one explosive to kill?

One of my favorite things about Call of Duty 4 was the ability to access areas you normally wouldn't think is possible. Not glitching, just finding clever ways to access a roof or something, it really made me want to explore each map and find areas people weren't normally likely to find. I'm really hoping Black Ops has a similar design, looking through some of the videos of the maps I'm seeing potential.

Magik said:
So does Flak Jacket prevent you from dying all together from explosives? Or will it take more than one explosive to kill?

It can still kill you, it just reduces the damage.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Magik said:

From the video I saw (that was posted in here a few pages back), standing right next to a frag/semtex will only slightly hurt you. To me, it looks like 3 greandes/noob tubes would kill you.

And I agree with the person you quoted. My objective class will be:

Shotgun or SMG
Flak Jacket
Steady Aim
Tactical Mask or Hacker

:D

X26

Banned
has anything been mentioned yet about viewing stats online? I'm not expecting anything remotely like what bungie does with halo, but something basic like with BF:BC2 would be nice

When will a COD game have a proper AI for enemies?. Playing the campaign feels the same boring thing from the other games. The spawning is irritating as allways. How i miss half life style AI, the best i have found this generation is Uncharted 2´s cat and dog level...

The multi in this game is already frustrating. You start the game and in a minute it is plenty of helicopters killing you everywhere. And the annoying dogs are back...

Is there a community site up for this game yet...with online stat tracking? I remember WaW had it, but MW2 didnt...I assume it's a Treyarch thing?

olore

I can`t quite get my head around zombies in a Call of Duty-game. I mean, this isn`t Wolfenstein.

Still, more interested in this than I was a few weeks ago. Activision knows how to reel in the sales...

sam27368

Banned
I tried looking through the thread but after the first 100 posts or so it became more of a scan so apologies in advance if it's been mentioned but is there a good preview of the single player? Or some leaked vids?
I'm really interested in that above all.

DoomGyver

These are the two setups I'm doing first.

M14 Grip/Suppressor
1911 Suppressed
Ghost
Warlord
Ninja
Semtex
Willie Pete

AK 74u Grip/Suppressor
CZ 75 full auto
Ghost
Warlord
Ninja
Semtex
Decoy

Just played through the first three story mode missions. Mission 2 might be one of my favourite in the entire COD series. Really liking it so far. I never enjoyed the pre-modern Warfare CODs quite like this.

Loxley

dreamer3kx said:
Been playing a bunch of the sp, awesome shit, blows out the moh, best sp cod imo.

Glad to hear it, I could care less if it's 5 hours long if it's a kick-ass 5 hours :)

I think I'll continue my normal CoD play-pattern with Black Ops, meaning;

Single-Player on normal ---> Multiplayer. The difference here is, I think I'll actually do a few bot matches on each map before jumping into the actual online servers, so I can familiarize myself with each map beforehand and don't jump in a complete virgin. Might check out some solo-'Zombies beforehand as well.

Feel like an idiot but I need some clarification on a term I see all the time : noobtubing

that's when someone used a grenade launcher for kills right?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
DoctorWho said:
Just played through the first three story mode missions. Mission 2 might be one of my favourite in the entire COD series. Really liking it so far. I never enjoyed the pre-modern Warfare CODs quite like this.

Any infinitely respawning enemies?

Max

I am not Max
MattPeters said:
Feel like an idiot but I need some clarification on a term I see all the time : noobtubing

that's when someone used a grenade launcher for kills right?
yea

most prominently in cod4 during the beginning of rounds, grenades will soar.

Loxley said:
Glad to hear it, I could care less if it's 5 hours long if it's a kick-ass 5 hours :)

I think I'll continue my normal CoD play-pattern with Black Ops, meaning;

Single-Player on normal ---> Multiplayer. The difference here is, I think I'll actually do a few bot matches on each map before jumping into the actual online servers, so I can familiarize myself with each map beforehand and don't jump in a complete virgin. Might check out some solo-'Zombies beforehand as well.

Don't be scared.

iNvid02

if anyone on PS3 has it early - the multiplayer wont work.
but if you go to system settings > language > french you will be able to play online

Mystery

iNvidious01 said:
but if you go to system settings > language > french you will be able to play online

Um, I have it for PS3, and have been playing with no problems.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
iNvidious01 said:

Huh? The multiplayer is working just fine.

DRE Fei

Is the sniping in this game as bad as people are saying it is? I'm hearing horror stories. Maybe people are overreacting, but it sounds like the class is completely useless now.

DRE Fei said:
Is the sniping in this game as bad as people are saying it is? I'm hearing horror stories. Maybe people are overreacting, but it sounds like the class is completely useless now.
All you've been hearing is butthurt quickscopers.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
DRE Fei said:

Really? YESSSSSSSSS.

Pennybags

Mystery said:

I love to play "novelty classes"— In MW2, I enjoyed running a riot shield + throwing knives only class long after the main game became irritating/boring/ridiculous (S&D final killcams with friends watching? Priceless!) but that looked a bit too easy.

I hope that they aren't too useful, because I don't want to see many other players using the ballistic knives in that way. That's MY job! :lol

Also, RIP riot shield. You will be missed.

Top Bottom