• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DrBo42 said:
Bu bu bu but why wouldn't you partake in the 25% code at D2D? Did you get it on console?
I didn't buy it. I was just shopping on amazon and told that most Black Ops buyers buy men's underwear.

Najaf

boredofcanada said:
as if the wait hasn't been long enough, tonight is daylight savings. add another hour to the wait:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Not if you live here in the Benjamin Franklin hating state of Arizona. No, we need to be special with our own timezone that never moves.
I had to move here from Texas

Full Recovery said:
Are they going to wipe the stats 24 hours before release?

Yes.

X26

Banned
Full Recovery said:
Are they going to wipe the stats 24 hours before release?

A lot more people got MW2 early and there was no reset, don't see why they would do that here

would be nice though, hyuk hyuk

Najaf

X26 said:
A lot more people got MW2 early and there was no reset, don't see why they would do that here

would be nice though, hyuk hyuk

They already confirmed there will be a wipe before launch.

And Finished.

Really enjoyed the single player. It's just the right length at around five hours and tells a far more immersive story than the previous CoDs. The story gets a bit predictable later in the game but it's still well told so I can forgive it.

Voice acting is fantastic. This might be Sam Worthington's best performance. I guess video games mask his wooden acting well. I didn't even notice Gary Oldman's voice throughout the game.

Lots of solid set pieces as usual and while there is that annoying enemy spawning in parts it didn't prevent me from enjoying the game at all.

I highly recommend.

DoctorWho said:
And Finished.

Really enjoyed the single player. It's just the right length at around five hours and tells a far more immersive story than the previous CoDs. The story gets a bit predictable later in the game but it's still well told so I can forgive it.

Voice acting is fantastic. This might be Sam Worthington's best performance. I guess video games mask his wooden acting well. I didn't even notice Gary Oldman's voice throughout the game.

Lots of solid set pieces as usual and while there is that annoying enemy spawning in parts it didn't prevent me from enjoying the game at all.

I highly recommend.

Sounds awesome. I find it odd that they hyped all the other actors but barely mentioned Worthington... I wonder why that is.

KingDizzi

Banned
DoctorWho said:
And Finished.

I highly recommend.

What difficulty did you play the game at? WaW Veteran pissed me off but MW2 was better, probably will go normal difficulty to enjoy the SP followed by Veteran.

KingDizzi said:
What difficulty did you play the game at? WaW Veteran pissed me off but MW2 was better, probably will go normal difficulty to enjoy the SP followed by Veteran.

Went with Normal. I thought the experience was just right at that setting.

DrBo42 said:
So is the actual gameplay better than MW2? Or does it feel exactly the same?

Doesn't feel much different single player wise. This felt a little easier on normal than MW2.

DoctorWho said:
And Finished.

I highly recommend.

Snap, a recommended CoD campaign! Wow!

For those that have it, how are the multiplayer maps?

Do they even come close to CoD4's layout/design? That was the pinnacle in my opinion. Although, I only played WaW's beta, so only saw 3 of their maps...so I am not too familiar with Treyarch's multiplayer map design chops.

Loxley

Here's my question;

How long am I going to have to wait until I see a clip on Youtube of a slow-mo killcam involving someone diving out of a second story window, land, then blast someone in the face with a shotgun? :lol

That diving mechanic could create some pretty comical killcams ;)

DrBo42

Loxley said:
Here's my question;

How long am I going to have to wait until I see a clip on Youtube of a slow-mo killcam involving someone diving out of a second story window, land, then blast someone in the face with a shotgun? :lol

That diving mechanic could create some pretty comical killcams ;)

You can dive out of windows?

Top Bottom