• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

~Kinggi~

Banned
I kinda wanna get this now after watching some campaign footage from the first 2 levels. The 2nd level in particular starts very :lol

But i havent even started Enslaved and vanquish yet, and i still have to beat Assassins Creed 2 before Brotherhood (fucking 20 hours in and still going, long game), and im only 5 hours into Fable 3. Thats not to mention whatever else i havent played yet.

Brian Fellows said:
The re-spawn system is pretty fucking horrid. Most of my deaths come within about 10 feet of where I re-spawn. Many time from someone who just re-spawned in the same exact spot right behind me.

Welp, shit like this can ruin a game. You can balance a game for 10 years, if the spawning sucks then it isn't fun, balanced or skill based. I hope there's a day 1 patch you haven't gotten yet. Not sure why they messed with the mw2 spawning system. It worked great 99% of the time and the way it worked appeared really simple -

1. Have 2 teams with 2 spawn areas that can't see each other (usually at opposite ends of the map)

2. If enemy team gets too close to the spawn or too many people get spawn killed, move to a different spot on the map that is not close to enemy spawn.

3. And, if it's completely necessary, have the team spawn in different or with someone that has survived for a long time (usually the flanker) until somebody can survive long enough to become the new spawn spot.

And in TDM it was that simple and it worked great. Unless you were playing rush, you almost always had enough space to get your bearings when you spawned. Obviously, things got hairy when there was an AC130 or chopper gunner in the air, but that wasn't the spawn system causing chaos, it was the killstreak overseeing the entire map.

iNvid02

french dude prestiged lol, goes kinda crazy. french always get it stupidly quick, few of my buddies got it. cunts :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHQ7KJWImH8&feature=player_embedded

oh and prestige emblems
1247iuv.jpg

Pennybags said:
I love to play "novelty classes"— In MW2, I enjoyed running a riot shield + throwing knives only class long after the main game became irritating/boring/ridiculous (S&D final killcams with friends watching? Priceless!) but that looked a bit too easy.

I never bothered with the throwing knife or novelty classes in MW2 but am seriously considering using the ballistic knife as my secondary.

I've never liked using a pistol and the BK definately looks more attractive than the rest of the gimped secondary weapons since TA took my trusty AA-12 out of BO. :(

-

boredofcanada said:
yeah the ballistic knife looks really easy to use in that video. i hope not as well.

Not to downplay the vid but when the guy has your back turned it won't be hard to use, a couple were panic shots as well. A few were definitely well timed and I'm not at all saying I can do any better.

So any real rewards for going prestige unlike COD4/COD5/MW2?

The last three games had nothing that is actually worth prestiging for.

prestige 3 looks like a straight rip off of the bulltrue medal from halo. My eyes might be messing with me and those are a little blurry.

corkscrewblow said:
More stupid gimmicks for those butthurt commando runners? smh Treyarch
I don't know, that video didn't look that crazy. Half the kills were on non-moving targets, think it might not be so easy for everyone to use. Then again, I think I might try that out as I've never been that great with the pistols.

9 and 13 look basically the same, just stretched and background change. calling bullshit on all of that.

buy teh haloz said:
Not a fan of the fifth and sixth icons. The rest look pretty cool though.

funny you mention that, the fifth one is oddly similar to one of the custom icons that you can use in halo.

zero margin said:
Not to downplay the vid but when the guy has your back turned it won't be hard to use, a couple were panic shots as well. A few were definitely well timed and I'm not at all saying I can do any better.
Yeah, many kills were people with their back turned. In fact, I'd say most kills were on par with what a shotty could do and I find that acceptable. It worked great in close quarters, but in other vids, difficult to pull off at mid range.

X26

Banned
if ballistic knife gets out of hand I hope they atleast make it so scavenger doesn't replenish knives

and wow at all the hq's that guy captured, pretty pro imho

Max

I am not Max
sweetvar26 said:
So any real rewards for going prestige unlike COD4/COD5/MW2?

The last three games had nothing that is actually worth prestiging for.
from the codwiki:

4tw5.png

"prestige playlists" o.o

bdouble

zero margin said:
9 and 13 look basically the same, just stretched and background change. calling bullshit on all of that.

funny you mention that, the fifth one is oddly similar to one of the custom icons that you can use in halo.
One is a horse.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Hit Rank 42. So far, I don't think there's any way to compare your Kill/Death or Win/Loss ratios with anyone. At least it isn't in the game yet.

Vids coming.

bdouble said:
One is a horse.

which? 9 and 13 look lions or some kind of cat, dog maybe.

EDIT - just noticed 11 is the same too just a flipped profile with a bird beak and diff background. Fuck these if true.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
zero margin said:

EDIT - just noticed 11 is the same too just a flipped profile with a bird beak and diff background. Fuck these if true.
9 is a horse, 11 is a dragon, 13 is a lion.

zero margin said:

They're not that similar. None of them are even the same animal.

LeMaximilian said:
Hit Rank 42. So far, I don't think there's any way to compare your Kill/Death or Win/Loss ratios with anyone. At least it isn't in the game yet.

Vids coming.

You sure your looking in the right place? I was hoping everyones K/D & W/L ratios in the current lobby would be listed.

Whats stats are there in your Combat Record?

Repgnar

Prestige emblems look aight, better than Mw2 atleast and kind of go with the whole vibe of the game. 7 reminds me of the Halo heroic difficulty emblem, the fact that it's 7 makes it even better.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Spinning Plates said:
You sure your looking in the right place? I was hoping everyones K/D & W/L ratios in the current lobby would be listed.

Whats stats are there in your Combat Record?

Just personal stuff, there's a ton of it tho. However, no way to compare to anyone else. And K/D being posted in the post game report only shows up during team deathmatch stuff.

MarshMellow96 said:
Fuck xim and that (quoted) is still better than Reach's system..

I played with a controller recently after not touching the thing to play MW2 since launch.

I managed 2 back to back nukes and a KD average of 3.5 over 15 games.

For the record my KD is 3.75 from playing TDM.

I think I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but can anyone whose already played the SP leave a short review/some impressions on how it is? Nothing spoilery or anything, just what's good/bad, whether it's a step up from previous campaigns. Or if someone's already left some impressions and I missed them, could someone point the way?

Mystery

The ballistic knife is actually pretty tricky to use. If your target isn't still, you have to lead with it. You also have to reload after each shot, and you only get 2 knives. You have to go pick up your knives after you shoot them. I just made that video for fun; I didn't think the kills were that impressive, but I had a lot of fun messing around with the weapon.

Hipfiring in this game is way too accurate. In almost all the killcams I watch, my opponent doesn't aim down the sights.

Loxley

Mystery said:
The ballistic knife is actually pretty tricky to use. If your target isn't still, you have to lead with it. You also have to reload after each shot, and you only get 2 knives. You have to go pick up your knives after you shoot them. I just made that video for fun; I didn't think the kills were that impressive, but I had a lot of fun messing around with the weapon.

Hipfiring in this game is way too accurate. In almost all the killcams I watch, my opponent doesn't aim down the sights.

I've heard similar remarks from a couple of the Machinima guys who've gotten the game early, saying that Steady Aim makes, specifically, SMG's crazy accurate when you hip fire, more than any of the previous CoD's.

If it is indeed a little too good, that doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to patch.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Improved handling of killstreaks

New gametypes

Revamped unlock system

Zombie mode

Awesome easter eggs

Dedicated servers

I can feel alright about buyhing this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
got this on Amazon...

Men's underwear is the second most popular apparel item for Black Ops buyers. What else can you learn in our Black Ops HQ?

DrBo42

Y2Kev said:
got this on Amazon...

Men's underwear is the second most popular apparel item for Black Ops buyers. What else can you learn in our Black Ops HQ?

Bu bu bu but why wouldn't you partake in the 25% code at D2D? Did you get it on console?

Top Bottom