• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
3ur4zn said:
So I smashed a controller tonight.
KuGsj.gif
Had a game where my connection was 3 bars but terrible, I was playing stupidly and aggressively when I should have sat back, and my teammates were meatsacks. Coupled with the fact the opposing team's top guy was running SPAS12 with LWP, SOH, MP, and kept nailing me from 40 feet, I cracked it and pegged it at my computer chair. Smashed it to bits.
KuGsj.gif
97YFJ.gif

After reading the other stuff you said in here, I'm not really surprised this happened.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
3ur4zn said:
KuGsj.gif
Had a game where my connection was 3 bars but terrible, I was playing stupidly and aggressively when I should have sat back, and my teammates were meatsacks. Coupled with the fact the opposing team's top guy was running SPAS12 with LWP, SOH, MP, and kept nailing me from 40 feet, I cracked it and pegged it at my computer chair. Smashed it to bits.
KuGsj.gif

Not proud of it, but I need to vent on here. I've put Black Ops on eBay, so this thread will probably be all daisies and rainbows from now on.
3AQmK.gif

I've broken 6 or 7 playing COD.

Well the decision to sell it immediately was based purely on the fact I've never broken a controller playing a game since Yoshi's Island on the SNES when I was about 8.
KuGsj.gif

Considering I'm into my 20's and BO is the only thing on earth capable of inducing me to pure rage, I think its time to hang up the controller. Not literally though, the cord has completely separated from the casing... I play men's futsal three nights a week and get into scuffles more than half the time... but I still never lose my cool, never get angry, never show overt emotion.

Somehow though, fucking Black Ops and a shotty-runner is all I need to dissolve into bouts of momentary, controller-destroying uncontrollable rage.
KuGsj.gif

3ur4zn said:
Well the decision to sell it immediately was based purely on the fact I've never broken a controller playing a game since Yoshi's Island on the SNES when I was about 8.
KuGsj.gif

Considering I'm into my 20's and BO is the only thing on earth capable of inducing me to pure rage, I think its time to hang up the controller. Not literally though, the cord has completely separated from the casing... I play men's futsal three nights a week and get into scuffles more than half the time... but I still never lose my cool, never get angry, never show overt emotion.

Somehow though, fucking Black Ops and a shotty-runner is all I need to dissolve into bouts of momentary, controller-destroying uncontrollable rage.
KuGsj.gif

When I start losing my cool at CoD, I take a break and attack my backlog. Hence why I'm playing Bioshock 2 right now

3ur4zn said:
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Not proud of it, but I need to vent on here. I've put Black Ops on eBay, so this thread will probably be all daisies and rainbows from now on.
3AQmK.gif

funny, I just through my controller at my computer last night because of Black Ops rage. Now when I turn my computer on it makes this weird beeping sound and turns right back off. Now I'm stuck surfing the net on this old computer that was lying in the back of my closet, all because of this damn game and my lack of self control.........

* goes to play another match of Black Ops *

3ur4zn said:
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

3AQmK.gif

2zejz36.jpg

XeroSauce

KoreanBarbecue said:
I discovered the magical love that is Ground War last night. I was strictly a TDM player, but man, I love Ground War. 9 on 9 is a beautiful thing.

It is 9v9 ALL THE TIME on PC. Server owners haven't heard of 6v6 apparently, and when I get lucky enough to find a 6v6, it's so much more blissful.

Question that's been bothering me for a loooooongggg while, is there artificial lag induced upon the host of the match? I'm just getting so many wtf moments as host, my killcams look like they're straight from a 3 bar match. I've never seen host play out in any other game like how it does here. so is there artificial lag? it can't just be the dropped frames that makes it so hard to play as host?

computers putin' said:
Question that's been bothering me for a loooooongggg while, is there artificial lag induced upon the host of the match? I'm just getting so many wtf moments as host, my killcams look like they're straight from a 3 bar match. I've never seen host play out in any other game like how it does here. so is there artificial lag? it can't just be the dropped frames that makes it so hard to play as host?

Yes, antilag.

XeroSauce said:
It is 9v9 ALL THE TIME on PC. Server owners haven't heard of 6v6 apparently, and when I get lucky enough to find a 6v6, it's so much more blissful.

It's the "more is better!" mentality that many PC gamers have, regardless of how well it fits the game.

I mean, just look at all the 16v16 (or it might have been 32v32) matches that were played in COD4 on PC. Such a clusterfuck that completely breaks the game.

The craziest shit was happening to me earlier today. No matter where I chose the naplam strikes to hit the flames would always drop on me... sometimes on the complete opposite end of the map. Anyone else experiencing this recently?

XeroSauce

Jack Scofield said:
It's the "more is better!" mentality that many PC gamers have, regardless of how well it fits the game.

I mean, just look at all the 16v16 (or it might have been 32v32) matches that were played in COD4 on PC. Such a clusterfuck that completely breaks the game.

Precisely. :( TF2 has this problem with 32-man servers, L4D2 has this problem with 16v16 "BUY YOUR SKILLZ" servers.

It also makes certain gameplay styles like shotgun classes and sniper classes much less effective because there are 9 potential SMG/AR enemies flying around.

divisionbyzorro said:
Artificial lag placed on the host to prevent him from having an advantage over everyone else.
Ah, so antilag is just the proper term for what I was talking about. I've never liked the idea of this for any game, I'd rather just deal with host advantage rather than leave a lobby every time I pull host.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
hamchan said:
9 v 9 seems fine on the PC, I've always had fun with it. Of course I have never played a 6v6 so I can't compare.
Yeah, 9v9 works fine in most maps. I think 6v6 would feel a bit slow to me.

It's not on the level of ridiculousness that was MW1 with 30+ players in a map.

Finally went Prestige 8 last night. Dead lord, I hate the grind right after you Prestige. Managed to keep my k/d ration at 1.0, though, although it was tough trying to pick off folks with the M16. Guh.

Nabs

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, 9v9 works fine in most maps. I think 6v6 would feel a bit slow to me.

It's not on the level of ridiculousness that was MW1 with 30+ players in a map.
Wasn't feeling 6v6 last night, but it was way better than that 4v4.

O D I N

cuevas said:
Only if you forget uav-counter-blackbird

I love this setup. I more or less only use this.

rezuth said:
How can you have two tomahawks?
Lionheart1827 said:
Warlord Pro I believe

Yup; You can also have 3 tac grenades and 2 grenades/semtex with Warlord Pro. Probably my favorite perk (but then again, I need it, since I run knife/tomahawk only).

_Alkaline_ said:
The fuck? You can take down choppers with tomahawks?

Sn4ke_911 said:

What Sn4ke said. Nicely done, btw. I approve of the Mac. :)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
KoreanBarbecue said:
Finally went Prestige 8 last night. Dead lord, I hate the grind right after you Prestige. Managed to keep my k/d ration at 1.0, though, although it was tough trying to pick off folks with the M16. Guh.

I use the MP5 until I unlock the Famas at 14.

cuevas said:
Yes, antilag.

Are you serious!??

Theoretically speaking, if I play with a neighbour and I happen to get host, he will have a stronger connection than me? Thats pretty absurd. I mean it makes sense, but seems like it can do more harm than good at times.

bobs99 ... said:
Are you serious!??

Theoretically speaking, if I play with a neighbour and I happen to get host, he will have a stronger connection than me? Thats pretty absurd. I mean it makes sense, but seems like it can do more harm than good at times.

Yeah, they used to let people turn it off on CoD4 servers on the PC. Not sure if that option is available in PC blops.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
cuevas said:
Yeah, they used to let people turn it off on CoD4 servers on the PC. Not sure if that option is available in PC blops.
No one is playing on the computer host server that is running the game for everyone so I'm not sure how that would apply here.

Stallion Free said:
No one is playing on the computer host server that is running the game for everyone so I'm not sure how that would apply here.

They don't let you configure the servers you pay for? LoL "pc gaming"

Brian Fellows said:
I use the MP5 until I unlock the Famas at 14.

I'm just not a submachine gun kind of player. I've used the MP5 a bit, but can't stand the recoil. That thing jumps around like a frog. And, I like the slowness you get with an assault rifle. Just noticed this my latest prestige, but the MP5 moves way too quickly for me. Add that to the recoil and it's lights out.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
KoreanBarbecue said:
I'm just not a submachine gun kind of player. I've used the MP5 a bit, but can't stand the recoil. That thing jumps around like a frog. And, I like the slowness you get with an assault rifle. Just noticed this my latest prestige, but the MP5 moves way too quickly for me. Add that to the recoil and it's lights out.

I'm not a sub machine gun person either but it beats using the M16 or that POS Enfield. You just have to run around more firing from the hip. You might not do the best but you rack up kills which gets you to a decent gun faster.

aku:jiki

Speaking of the Enfield, has anyone out there managed to make a class for it that doesn't suck? I can't get it to work in any of my typical classes. I think it's the only gun I really hate.

Also, what IS the deal with that low power scope? Why would I want a scope that makes ranged kills harder? That's like the dumbest shit!

Top Bottom