• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

NightBlade88 said:
Tuesday seems SOOOO far away. DAMMIT!

:( I know! And the worst part is that I'll get maybe an hour of playtime on Tuesday because I have a weekly evening engagement on Tuesdays. Wednesday/Thursday are going to be my primary playtimes.

I intend to blow through the campaign on Normal first (mainly so that I won't have to worry about spoilers anymore). I'll then do some bot matches to learn the maps and get the achievement, and then it's multiplayer time! :lol :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
:( I know! And the worst part is that I'll get maybe an hour of playtime on Tuesday because I have a weekly evening engagement on Tuesdays. Wednesday/Thursday are going to be my primary playtimes.

I intend to blow through the campaign on Normal first (mainly so that I won't have to worry about spoilers anymore). I'll then do some bot matches to learn the maps and get the achievement, and then it's multiplayer time! :lol :lol

I feel your pain, so many exams, can't really play until Wednesday @ 10pm. Everyone's going to have an advantage. I've waited too long -_-

I'm probably going to ignore the campaign for a long time though. Gotta join the party.

G-Fex

Thankfully I work 3 am on tuesday and can probably purchase in my store.

Plus the fact I cashed my stock check a few days ago giving me just the right amount to buy Black Ops and Scott Pilgrim blu ray in the same day.

I guess you could say I'm In the money

divisionbyzorro said:

What achievement is that?

Loxley

Tokubetsu said:
I see your shipment and raise. Brecourt/Wasteland

Brecourt was at least entertaining since there were no killstreaks and everyone was just using bolt-actions or MP44's. In retrospect, bunny-hopping was actually CoD1's biggest annoyance :lol Oh how times have changed.

Digression: Foy and Carentan are still two of my favorite multiplayer maps of all time across all of the shooters I've ever played.

Tokubetsu

Loxley said:
Brecourt was at least entertaining since there were no killstreaks and everyone was just using bolt-actions or MP44's. In retrospect, bunny-hoping was actually CoD1's biggest annoyance :lol Oh how times have changed.

They did eventually patch it which was nice. Remember when your gripes could be taken away with a single patch? Goodtimes.

Max

I am not Max
_tetsuo_ said:
My friend got his early and he says the graphics are much worse :(
I've been watching the console footage and it seems a lot less detailed compared to MW2 PC. I really hope BO looks better on PC.

Time for a engine change or something /negative nancy

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yeah the engine is definitely past its prime, but building a new one would delay the game at least a year =P

The multiplayer will the 'classic version" where it includes 3 kills streaks, can the streaks be customized (if can) or are they a given and cannot be changed.

IceMarker

I wonder how Activision is gonna top Black Ops if it lives up to the hype, I mean seriously it's already in better standing with PC players like me with the semi-return of Dedicated Servers and the console, but also as an overall balance fix and content explosion from MW2 it seems like anything they throw at us next year will just pale in comparison. I think the only thing they could do now for CoD this generation is just go to the near/far future ala Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.
Or an FPS MMO

spiderman123 said:
The multiplayer will the 'classic version" where it includes 3 kills streaks, can the streaks be customized (if can) or are they a given and cannot be changed.
They can't be changed. I'm about 90% sure it's just the classic 3 killstreaks.

spiderman123 said:

Cannot be changed.

3) Spy Plane
5) Napalm Strike
7) Attack Helicopter

Did I just do a stupid thing? I saw the Direct 2 Drive deal someone posted a few pages back that allows you to pre purchase Black Ops for $45 USD. Being in Australia and having the benefit of the strong Australian dollar right now, I quickly bought the game on Direct2Drive on an impulse.

However, I'm thinking this may have been dumb as I may not be able to matchmake with Australians or play on Australian servers. Does anyone know what will be the situation when the game goes online for PC?

the_concierge said:
Did I just do a stupid thing? I saw the Direct 2 Drive deal someone posted a few pages back that allows you to pre purchase Black Ops for $45 USD. Being in Australia and having the benefit of the strong Australian dollar right now, I quickly bought the game on Direct2Drive on an impulse.

However, I'm thinking this may have been dumb as I may not be able to matchmake with Australians or play on Australian servers. Does anyone know what will be the situation when the game goes online for PC?
I don't play pc games but I don't see why they'd restrict you

Max

I am not Max
the_concierge said:

I think the PC version doesn't have said restriction anyway, dedicated servers dude!

Xux

Mik2121 said:
That's pretty cool. Though current matchmaking in MW2 already matches me with people from my region... I have never played a laggy game of MW2, actually..

You're probably the luckiest person I've ever met.

TerryLee81 said:
Hold on. Increased bullet penetration can't be paired with faster reloads?

This sucks. Was my favourite combination.

A gun with Dual Mags and the Hardened Perk is pretty close.

Mik2121

Xux said:
You're probably the luckiest person I've ever met.

A gun with Dual Mags and the Hardened Perk is pretty close.
Eh.. dunno, it might have to do with playing pretty much always with friends. Also where I live is pretty small (Japan), and there are tons of players here so I never get in rooms with people from other countries (well, sometimes Chinese or Koreans, but even then it's not laggy at all).

Hopefully the same thing happens again with Black Ops.

Gotta be in agreement with wetwork too. It's one of the worst maps I can remember that came with a multiplayer shooter. Not sure what they were thinking putting two blind corner chokes into a game where everybody spawns with grenades and respawns instantly.

mandiller

Are you guys sure if I buy it from direct2drive (with the coupon) I will get a serial key and it will definately be accepted by Steam and I can download it from there? I shall buy it right now if that's the case.

Max

I am not Max
mandiller said:
Are you guys sure if I buy it from direct2drive (with the coupon) I will get a serial key and it will definately be accepted by Steam and I can download it from there? I shall buy it right now if that's the case.
yes

the game uses steamworks

mandiller

Max said:
yes

the game uses steamworks

Okay thanks. Bought.

Should I preload the game from direct2drive (since they don't give me a key until Nov 9th)? Will it be the install files and then it'll install into steam. Is that the idea?

(I've never used direct2drive before)

snack

mandiller said:
Okay thanks. Bought.

Should I preload the game from direct2drive (since they don't give me a key until Nov 9th)? Will it be the install files and then it'll install into steam. Is that the idea?

(I've never used direct2drive before)
Correct. They will be the same files used to install onto Steam.

Top Bottom