• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ok I'm already bored with it. I can get all these stats in-game with Black Ops. I'm not looking for new friends and I sure as shit don't need their help improving.

Stantron

Razor 81 said:
100k kills
4.52 k/d
99% of the time TDM
12days played.

I'm done with this game, gimme mw3!
Serious question. What type of internet connection do you have? Any special router settings?

KoreanBarbecue said:
Just got in today, too!

Hm, tried to search for the group NGAF and it appears that I instead just created the group. Well, if anyone wants to join me, feel free. :)
A bunch of us are in the #NeoGAF group. You should join that one.

CoD Elite doesnt really do anything special at all. All of the stats shown can be seen in game. The Compete challenges are basically just "who can grind out the game the most" and so are the clan leaderboards.

Its a nice extra to have, being able to see stats online, but I certainly wouldnt pay money for it considering other companies have provided this service for free elsewhere.

kuYuri

bobs99 ... said:
CoD Elite doesnt really do anything special at all. All of the stats shown can be seen in game. The Compete challenges are basically just "who can grind out the game the most" and so are the clan leaderboards.

Its a nice extra to have, being able to see stats online, but I certainly wouldnt pay money for it considering other companies have provided this service for free elsewhere.

Except you don't pay for the online stats. It's free.

kuYuri

bobs99 ... said:
Oh sweet.

What are they going to charge for then? As it is now I dont see anything worth paying for.

You get access to upcoming MW3 map packs and access to competitive related stuff like tournaments, prizes, etc. That's all they've revealed so far.

Ballistik

Dang, the e-mail to complete registration for the beta had been sitting in my inbox for a couple of days since I don't check that e-mail too often. Only saw it after you guys talked about it on here. Hopefully I get in soon.

user_nat said:
I have to say.. the stats side of Elite is pretty disappointing.

Agreed. The heat map stuff is kind of cool, but I can't see how it could really be remotely useful to anyone. And, the stats are just stuff I can already see in-game.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I already sent them some feedback asking where all the new stats were because the only ones I could find were the ones that I can already get in-game.

zam

The stuff I'm looking forward to in Elite is pretty much all the stuff that isn't in the beta. Clans, smartphone app, being able to switch your classes through elite etc.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
zam said:
The stuff I'm looking forward to in Elite is pretty much all the stuff that isn't in the beta. Clans, smartphone app, being able to switch your classes through elite etc.

I am interested in seeing what the clan feature entails.

Brian Fellows said:
Just type neogaf into the create box and it will pop up. Then it'll say that one already exists and ask if you want to join it.

Now I'm going to have to turn on my PS3 so I can compare my real stats to you'se guys.

Oh ok just got it.

Just realized I had an Elite Invite waiting for me in my e-mail for some time now... Woops, haha. Just finished all my registration and I must say it's pretty slick. I like!

zam

Brian Fellows said:
I am interested in seeing what the clan feature entails.
I'm hoping that the group and clan features can influence matchmaking somehow. Sorta like making a clan on elite, going into matchmaking with your clan buddies and get automatically matched up against other clans (if you choose to that is) and then your wins and stats in clan matchmaking being reflected on clan leaderboards on Elite..

So in Modern Warfare 2 I was pretty good. Not as good as you guys but I would get Pave Low and Chopper Gunner pretty much every time. In Black Ops I struggle to get 5 kills for Napalm. I haven't played BLOPS as much as MW2, so it could be just practice, but do you guys have any tips for me that might help? Perhaps that focus on what worked in MW2 that doesn't anymore? Because it's not working for me.

I usually run a FAMAS + Tube, 1911 pistol, claymore/motion sensor, with Ghost, Sleight of Hand, and Marathon/Hacker.

Haven't played in months, but I got an ELITE invitation, so I went ahead and checked it out.

I'm kinda underwhelmed. I honestly liked W@W's stat tracking site a lot better; it was cleaner and faster. It seems nice enough, but it's nothing spectacular, and it's leagues behind Bungie's stat tracker...

djm

Genesis Knight said:
So in Modern Warfare 2 I was pretty good. Not as good as you guys but I would get Pave Low and Chopper Gunner pretty much every time. In Black Ops I struggle to get 5 kills for Napalm. I haven't played BLOPS as much as MW2, so it could be just practice, but do you guys have any tips for me that might help? Perhaps that focus on what worked in MW2 that doesn't anymore? Because it's not working for me.

I usually run a FAMAS + Tube, 1911 pistol, claymore/motion sensor, with Ghost, Sleight of Hand, and Marathon/Hacker.
The grenade launchers are pretty terrible in Blops. Besides having it for the novelty factor, you should use something else. FAMAS has pretty good iron sights, so I have extended mags on mine. If you come up on 2 or 3 enemies you can just start spraying.

I'd also suggest trying a suppressor. If you're up against people that are constant radar checkers (like me), you can end up surprising them if you aren't showing up on their radar every time you shoot. It hampers your long range capability, but I've looped around behind the entire enemy team and quietly taken them all out without anyone realizing it.

Hardline is pretty good IF you play like me and run around the whole time. If the other team isn't popping UAVs, ghost is close to useless for most of the match and you're better off using something else.

Speaking of which, don't underestimate the UAV. I know it isn't as glorious as using dogs/chopper/gunship, but when I play I have UAV up for 90% of the match and usually end up with just as many kills from my gun as some people put up with their helicopters and shit.

Thanks for the advice. And you're right, UAV + Hardline would be a major advantage. I might try the Commando over the FAMAS next, it seems like the FAMAS is very weak.

Genesis Knight said:
Thanks for the advice. And you're right, UAV + Hardline would be a major advantage. I might try the Commando over the FAMAS next, it seems like the FAMAS is very weak.

I use the Commando and it is pretty damn good. Its weak (weaker than the famas I think) but has the accuracy to be good over range. I use Steady aim so if im close range against a few people I can just spray the thing and do well. That said I choose the Commando for aesthetic reasons, I think accuracy is something that you can control on any gun just by burst firing. The AK 47 is amazing and can be pretty beastly long range if you burst fire.

UAV and Hardline is extremely powerful, you will be getting uav's extremely quick off spawn which helps build up to the bigger streaks.

Avoid launchers, Napalm strike has also never struck me as a great killstreak. Then again the middle kill streaks are all a little weak.

What playstyle do you have? You have to match your weapons to your playstyle.

Yeah, I run Napalm because the care package is shit 99% of the time. Guess I could run sentry. I miss the Harrier Strike from MW2!

Hmm, I want something more powerful than FAMAS but still an AR type weapon. I used to completely dominate with the RPD in MW2 but the LMGs seem useless in this game. Maybe Galil or AUG?

I don't like to run all over the place but I like to keep moving and camp for a minute or two in different spots. I always seem to get killed in 50-50 situations around corners, which is why I was wanting something with more punch than the FAMAS. Maybe what I really need is Steady Aim?

Ballistik

I prefer the AK-47 over the Famas. You can try that, although it is one of the last guns you unlock. That gun is STRONG, especially if you tap the trigger quickly for long range shots.

I add silencer and a extend mag with warlord or just use the silencer. It's good with the red dot sight too anyways.

bobs99 ... said:
I use the Commando and it is pretty damn good. Its weak (weaker than the famas I think) but has the accuracy to be good over range. I use Steady aim so if im close range against a few people I can just spray the thing and do well. That said I choose the Commando for aesthetic reasons, I think accuracy is something that you can control on any gun just by burst firing. The AK 47 is amazing and can be pretty beastly long range if you burst fire.

UAV and Hardline is extremely powerful, you will be getting uav's extremely quick off spawn which helps build up to the bigger streaks.

Avoid launchers, Napalm strike has also never struck me as a great killstreak. Then again the middle kill streaks are all a little weak.

What playstyle do you have? You have to match your weapons to your playstyle.
What? Commando and AK are in the same league damage-wise... I absolutely adore the Commando.

RJNavarrete said:
What? Commando and AK are in the same league damage-wise... I absolutely adore the Commando.

Really? I have heard a lot of bitching about how weak it is. Like you I adore the thing and can literally run circles around people with it, im pretty sure my K/D with the thing is in the 3.50 figure mark so I never understood the hate.

I guess I still dont.

bobs99 ... said:
Really? I have heard a lot of bitching about how weak it is. Like you I adore the thing and can literally run circles around people with it, im pretty sure my K/D with the thing is in the 3.50 figure mark so I never understood the hate.

I guess I still dont.
HUGE IMAGE INCOMING.

weaponefja2w.png

As you can see, nearly identical in every facet. I love 'em both, to be honest. I also love the Galil.

Magnus

My buddy needs your help. He's trying to record more videos he's made in Theatre mode, but tells me there are only six slots for videos longer than 30 seconds, and all his vids are that long or longer.

He's now resorted to taping the screen with his phone, which is admirable (in regards to his dedication), but surely there's a way to do this.

Any ideas?

Magnus said:
My buddy needs your help. He's trying to record more videos he's made in Theatre mode, but tells me there are only six slots for videos longer than 30 seconds, and all his vids are that long or longer.

He's now resorted to taping the screen with his phone, which is admirable (in regards to his dedication), but surely there's a way to do this.

Any ideas?
Capture card. Such as Dazzle Video Creator HD.

RJNavarrete said:
Never said it was. I was just pointing out the fact that statistically, the AK and Commando are just about identical in every way.

Fair play, for some reason I do feel that the AK is still the most powerful gun but thats probably due to weapon sounds and the recoil effects messing with my perception. As I said I use the Commando almost exclusivly but was basing the fact that its probably weaker compared to other guns based on what I have heard from friends who bitch when they end up using the thing.

Good to know I was right and my friends (who I usually do better than game after game) where wrong :p

EDIT:

How much is a capture card these days?

Magnus said:

Any ideas?

Capture cards and there is also the Hauppauge PVR(which is what I used when I uploaded stuff). Only thing with the PVR is it doesn't support HDMI, only Component.

Ballistik

Lionheart1827 said:
Capture cards and there is also the Hauppauge PVR(which is what I used when I uploaded stuff). Only thing with the PVR is it doesn't support HDMI, only Component.
I've been looking at the Hauppauge PVR for a loong time, and I've heard a lot of people use it, but I don't like that it's on the expensive side.

My nephew just got a Dazzle and it was like 80-something USD. Not too bad. If I were to get one, though, I'd probably go with something nice like the Hauppauge because it's worth it to capture in full HD.

rezuth

Magnus said:

Any ideas?
ROXIO GAME CAPTURE?

Ballistik

Magnus said:
Thanks for the responses guys. I doubt my buddy's going to grab a card or anything with that much cost though.

Well I don't know if this will be of any help but I have a Gamebridge that I bought about 5 years ago, and it works great. It has been discontinued for a long time now, and can't for the life of me remember where exactly I got it (Might of been eBay) but I do remember it only cost me $8. The only problem is that it only runs on 32 bit systems and I'm not sure if it works on Vista or 7. For sure it works on XP.

It's a pretty neat little device that has worked flawlessly for me and records in pretty decent quality. I have never had any issues recording and it comes with the software that easily creates the video for uploading to Youtube. Again, the only struggle is the compatibility issues with newer operating systems.

Ballistik said:
Well I don't know if this will be of any help but I have a Gamebridge that I bought about 5 years ago, and it works great. It has been discontinued for a long time now, and can't for the life of me remember where exactly I got it (Might of been eBay) but I do remember it only cost me $8. The only problem is that it only runs on 32 bit systems and I'm not sure if it works on Vista or 7. For sure it works on XP.

It's a pretty neat little device that has worked flawlessly for me and records in pretty decent quality. I have never had any issues recording and it comes with the software that easily creates the video for uploading to Youtube. Again, the only struggle is the compatibility issues with newer operating systems.
That's not bad at all!

Top Bottom