• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

zam

Elite needs leaderboards for k/d and w/l ratio. Right now all the leaderboards are "who has played the game the longest"

zam said:
Elite needs leaderboards for k/d and w/l ratio. Right now all the leaderboards are "who has played the game the longest"

THIS!

I dont use Elite, its just a tool to see who the bigger grinder is. How did they get it so wrong considering they got it so right in the in game leaderboards. The SPM stat is probably the perfect stat for CoD but I get the feeling the people behind that arent behind Elite. :S

Apparently the elite leaderboards(in the total Elite players group) are pretty much ruined. Click on Top score and the top guy has 900million score in 1 day of play time.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I think I'm a fan of the current score leaderboard..

It doesn't need any changing. Although I think my position would remain the same if it were changed to score per min.

Dabanton said:
People in the Elite beta have you filled out the feedback form?

Yeah I have. I submitted a thing about the hacked leaderboards but thats it so far. Other than slow loading, I havent had much problems with it.

Tokubetsu

8xsIb.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
user_nat said:
I think I'm a fan of the current score leaderboard..

It doesn't need any changing. Although I think my position would remain the same if it were changed to score per min.

I asked them where all the extra stats they kept talking about are.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Played my first game of express.. Joined a game in progress on Nuketown with the other team having dogs and a chopper gunner.

Think I've had enough of that playlist.

kuYuri

There's an Activision DLC sale next week on Xbox Live (possibly also PSN) which includes CoD, if it's anything like last time, almost sure Black Ops DLC (except latest one) will go on sale. So if you planned on buying maps anytime soon, wait until then.

user_nat said:
Played my first game of express.. Joined a game in progress on Nuketown with the other team having dogs and a chopper gunner.

Think I've had enough of that playlist.

You think thats bad?

I joined a game where the enemy had a chopper gunner up. Ok I thought thats cool I can probably still carry my team. After that Chopper left another one came. Rinse and repeat about 5 more times.

Thats the first time ive dashboarded in a long time. I refuse to get punished for the stupidity of my teammates, especially when theyre stupidity started long before I joined the game. At least if I was in the game from the start I could have stopped the sprees from building up.

Now though my xbox seems to overheat any time I play the game, I suppose I wont get to enjoy the new playlist. :(

Dabanton

Which is why i always carry a a launcher as my secondary anything they put up comes down very quickly.

A dumb team is annoying though i've been in matches where no one seems concerned that a helicopter is chopping us the hell up.

Dabanton said:
Which is why i always carry a a launcher as my secondary anything they put up comes down very quickly.

A dumb team is annoying though i've been in matches where no one seems concerned that a helicopter is chopping us the hell up.

Honestly if im in the match from the start I am confident that I will at least kill most people before they get a large killstreak. If I play with a friend or 2 then I literally never have to worry about enemy air support as between us we tend to put a stop to most large killstreaks before they happen. We do still get hit by the odd care package gunner so I do have 1 class set aside with a Rocket Launcher.

I do prefer to keep that class away though, I might be totally off the mark but it feels like having a rocket launcher slows down the player slightly?

When I join a match and get killed by a chopper gunner thats fine because after that Chopper Gunner goes down im confident that I wont let them get another one. But getting hit by a good 5 chopper gunners in a row after I join a game in progress is ridiculous. The thing is though, no doubt people in the losing team kept quitting and people entering matchmaking ended up suffering in theyre slots.

I know people like the drop in drop out model, but its deeply flawed and all matchmaking games are so impersonal. I really do prefer the style where you know that the guys talking trash at the start of the game are going to be the guys you play against all game. Makes it feel more competitive.

Just so you know, after waiting out the first Chopper Gunner I did end up blowing up the 2 next helicopters to come in but it meant I had to expose myself in the open to save my dumbass teammates. I eventually switched back to my main class after the enemy brought out the 4th chopper gunner in a row. I was kind of sick of it at that point.

I really wish there was some more "smarts" at times to the matchmaking. The number of times I've been placed in a game where I hear the chopper gunner in the background and the announcement that enemy dogs are inbound BEFORE I've even chosen my class, is ridiculous. If it's not that, then the enemy has all Dom flags triple capped and the score is something ridiculous like 130 - 10.

99% of the time now I play with my old timers clan and don't have to deal with all the stupidity. But that 1% of the time I play with randumbs just makes me hate them even more.

Tokubetsu said:

this make me laugh so hard haha. I suck at this game though. I play on wii mostly. I can not even control on regular controller because I have never played fps with it. I use stoner 63 and spray the bullet like crazy. :p

djm

BigBlue1974 said:
I really wish there was some more "smarts" at times to the matchmaking. The number of times I've been placed in a game where I hear the chopper gunner in the background and the announcement that enemy dogs are inbound BEFORE I've even chosen my class, is ridiculous. If it's not that, then the enemy has all Dom flags triple capped and the score is something ridiculous like 130 - 10.
While I agree that getting put into games where choppers are in the air and dogs running amok sucks, it is a necessary part of matchmaking. If it favored games waiting to start over games in progress, you'd have games where nobody joins and its 6v3 for the rest of the match.

Whenever I get put into a situation like that, I try and make it my mission for the rest of the round to finding that guy hiding in a corner using his helicopter and put a bullet in his head ending his streak.

djm said:
While I agree that getting put into games where choppers are in the air and dogs running amok sucks, it is a necessary part of matchmaking. If it favored games waiting to start over games in progress, you'd have games where nobody joins and its 6v3 for the rest of the match.

Whenever I get put into a situation like that, I try and make it my mission for the rest of the round to finding that guy hiding in a corner using his helicopter and put a bullet in his head ending his streak.

I'm just getting sick of getting pushed into a match that is literally over. It's been happening a lot more frequently for me lately. I search for a game, get put in one, and literally before I can even choose a class it's game over.

I just went like -20 in the last 4 games I played trying to run at people and throw c4 at them to blow it up in they're face.

I got like 5 kills.

Screw Hacker pro lol.

I know thats the wrong approach, but it seemed like the most fun way to do it lol.

Alright, my win/loss, K/D, IQ and sanity took a huge beating, but I now have Hacker pro YAY!

TacticalFox88 said:
This game is awesome and all (netcode and lag aside) but why oh WHY did they make these pro perks a pain in the utter ASS to get?

Haha I agree, im super pissed I prestiged and lost Hacker pro in the first place, would have saved me a lot of hassle if I just didnt bother, but the allure of the prestige playlists was just too much. :/

jgminto

What do you guys think of Moon? It's a pretty neat map but I don't see the point of the mask mechanic. And those Astrozombies are real bitches.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
aristotle said:
63 meg patch on PS3. Anyone know what this is?

8/21/2011 (Patch 1.12)
# • Addressed an issue with attack dogs causing them to "warp" under rare circumstances.
# • Fixed an exploit allowing players to purchased locked classified weapons
# • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to get above 15th Prestige using Combat Training/Player Match menus.
# • Improvements to spawn system.
# • IAddressed some bugs with Custom Game Settings for CTF related to Touch Return Disabled
# • Players can now select other clan tag colors besides red/white if they are unlocked.
# • Addressed an exploit where players were resetting their Winstreak and Killstreak stats.
# • Fixed exploit earning XP in local split screen.
# • When the Circle button is set with “enter” functionality, it now works properly on the Challenges menu.

venom2124

Express playlist has saved this game for me. I mainly play tdm and routinely face fully ghosted out teams. Too many matches were going the full time limit. Express is like a breath of fresh air. Fast paced, exciting matches. No more scrubs crouching in dark corners of the map. Good job treyarch.

I would love modern warfare 3 to make the ghost perk only work against killstreak support. Without stopping power, too many people choose radar invisibility and it really does kill the speed and flow of the game. Or if they're keeping the standard uav jammer/ghost/cold blooded, they better put some strong perks in the category to counter its overuse, like sleight of hand.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
As long as you enjoy it, that's the main thing. Forget about K/D.

Tell that to the guy I played against last night who was Prestige 5, level 40. He had a lifetime k/d of 0.18, with four of his last five matches weighing in at a staggering 0.0. And of course, he was on my team for three of those matches. Guh. People out there have far more patience than me.

jgminto said:
What do you guys think of Moon? It's a pretty neat map but I don't see the point of the mask mechanic. And those Astrozombies are real bitches.

Yeah I like it a lot! and well, you would need a mask to survive in that environment so...

bobs99 ... said:
I just went like -20 in the last 4 games I played trying to run at people and throw c4 at them to blow it up in they're face.

I got like 5 kills.

Screw Hacker pro lol.

I know thats the wrong approach, but it seemed like the most fun way to do it lol.
If you want to get a lot of C4 kills, play on summit, hotel, firing range, berlin wall, and other stages with lots of windowed buildings, throw C4 into second floor windows that you suspect have people on the floor, and set em off.

I really wish they didn't take out ghost-pro in express for two big reasons:
1: Ghost Pro is useful for my olympia class and LMG classes
2: You can't allow for chopper gunners and not allow for a perk that hides you from them and helps you take down air support.
crazy monkey said:
I suck at this game so much 0.84kd ratio. lol I still like it.
Playing for K/D takes the fun out of game because 99% of the time it leads to relying on using OU weapons and people posting videos where they get some ridiculous score because they used the easiest weapons in the game (AK74u, Galil, Famas)

KoreanBarbecue said:
Tell that to the guy I played against last night who was Prestige 5, level 40. He had a lifetime k/d of 0.18, with four of his last five matches weighing in at a staggering 0.0. And of course, he was on my team for three of those matches. Guh. People out there have far more patience than me.

lol that sucks. I do not commit suicides though. I do however change my class a lot of time. love to play with different guns attachment and perks to see how things play in different maps. one game i get kd of 2.5 another i get .7. one thing I hate how ever are dogs stupid dogs. the only class i keep for emergency is the ghostpro as soon as i hear helicopter and dogs i wear that. :p

Dabanton

You're indestructible. Bullets slide off you. You play with 'em.

That's how i felt yesterday playing a match you know one of those matches where your seemingly everywhere and you know the opposing team is cursing your name as you take them out one after the other.

Man what a rush. :D

Even more sweeter as this team was promising us beforehand that they were going to absolutely crush us.

popeutlal

So after almost one year I finally decided to give the AK47 a try...this gun doesn't have any recoil. It's a point and shoot weapon. I've been beasting lately with this gun.

Magic Ovaries said:
So after almost one year I finally decided to give the AK47 a try...this gun doesn't have any recoil. It's a point and shoot weapon.
You are literally describing every Call of Duty AR besides the ones in CoD4.

Xux

Magic Ovaries said:
So after almost one year I finally decided to give the AK47 a try...this gun doesn't have any recoil. It's a point and shoot weapon. I've been beasting lately with this gun.
TestOfTide said:
You are literally describing every Call of Duty AR besides the ones in CoD4.

You guys are delusional.

This Express playlist seems pretty underwhelming. Either full clans of FAMAS or AUG users or the worst lag I've ever seen in a video game. The gameplay otherwise seems completely identical to when people can use Ghost...which is understandable since it has almost no effect on the game at all besides punishing shitty players who have their eyes glued to the minimap the whole game.

Here's what I want them to add to an Express playlist:
-no Spy Planes
-no Blackbird
-no Assault Rifles

Of course, consider most of these games' communities are worthless without an AR in their hands this playlist would have the least players for that reason alone.

Anyone playing on 360 tonight around 7 PM PST? I've got some free time and am only a few levels away from Prestige 15, Level 50. Would prefer to hit the milestone with a good team! :)

KoreanBarbecue said:
Anyone playing on 360 tonight around 7 PM PST? I've got some free time and am only a few levels away from Prestige 15, Level 50. Would prefer to hit the milestone with a good team! :)

I'm down as long as the connection works.

Top Bottom