• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hey You said:
I wonder if that means that Treyarch will be focusing on Zombies because of MW3? This may be the first CoD DLC I ever purchase.
I can't imagine Zombies DLC and MW3 hurting each others sales as they have very different appeal so it makes sense that they wouldn't bother with any other kind of content.

Stantron

Alright, I sent some of you guys a friend request. If you don't want to play with a 1.42 KD scrub, I understand. Anyone else, feel free to add me.

OG_Original Gamer said:
How do you guys feel about the ghost perk with suppressor setup? I'm conflicted, I've played with this setup but it felt like cheating and not real team death match. When I enter a match and nearly half the opposing team is using this setup it gets frustrating, making me feel like I'm forced to use the same setup.

I'll never understand people that cry about Ghost being overpowered. It's a more defensive than offensive and of course if the enemy team keeps throwing up spy planes I'm going to want to counter them, just like I'd counter anything else people keep spamming.

A ghost/suppressor setup can be annoying when you've got those guys that do nothing but rush your spawn in objective modes though.

ThirstyFly said:
I'll never understand people that cry about Ghost being overpowered. It's a more defensive than offensive and of course if the enemy team keeps throwing up spy planes I'm going to want to counter them, just like I'd counter anything else people keep spamming.

A ghost/suppressor setup can be annoying when you've got those guys that do nothing but rush your spawn in objective modes though.

The only time I really use Ghost is right after I Prestige. The added security of using Ghost helps mitigate the obvious weapon disadvantage you have when you first start again fresh from the bottom. But, once I get enough cash to get my typical Hardline/Sleight of Hand/Second Chance perks, I usually lose Ghost and never look back. I'm also not what you'd call a typical Ghost player anyway. My playstyle is more run and gun, and less sit and wait.

Lately, though, I've been noticing lots of players really taking advantage of dark corners and other hard to see spots. They're not using Ghost, but they might as well be, as they're hiding spots are pretty ingenious and damned hard to even see most of the time. Granted, they also are usually stupid and just camp in that spot and don't move.

KoreanBarbecue said:
The only time I really use Ghost is right after I Prestige. The added security of using Ghost helps mitigate the obvious weapon disadvantage you have when you first start again fresh from the bottom. But, once I get enough cash to get my typical Hardline/Sleight of Hand/Second Chance perks, I usually lose Ghost and never look back. I'm also not what you'd call a typical Ghost player anyway. My playstyle is more run and gun, and less sit and wait.

Lately, though, I've been noticing lots of players really taking advantage of dark corners and other hard to see spots. They're not using Ghost, but they might as well be, as they're hiding spots are pretty ingenious and damned hard to even see most of the time. Granted, they also are usually stupid and just camp in that spot and don't move.

See, I don't understand where this whole Ghost = camping belief comes from. People will park their asses in a corner no matter what they're using.

Personally, I find Ghost (Pro) an excellent addition to a run & gun class. Never having to worry about air support and still being able to effectively flank an enemy team while they have a spy plane up is a huge advantage. Nothing makes me sadder than when I take the long way around to get behind a group of players holed up in a building only to have them throw out a spy plane and me without Ghost.

And I find it absolutely necessary to have an anti-air class with Ghost Pro because I'm not going to let chopper gunners chew the crap out of my team. You can bet if I die while air enemy air support is up I'll switch to my Ghost class and take it down on my next respawn.

Nori Chan

I remember when I tried to act dead with ghost pro lol it was horrible.

It was me basically holding up a tomohawk or holding a stun grenade

Noriega said:
I remember when I tried to act dead with ghost pro lol it was horrible.

It was me basically holding up a tomohawk or holding a stun grenade

I've only run into a handful of players that have managed to pull that off successfully. They would usually go prone around another dead body so it looked like they were just another corpse. Seemed a good strategy for getting a kill or two, but most folks caught on to their little game pretty quickly.

Nori Chan

KoreanBarbecue said:
I've only run into a handful of players that have managed to pull that off successfully. They would usually go prone around another dead body so it looked like they were just another corpse. Seemed a good strategy for getting a kill or two, but most folks caught on to their little game pretty quickly.
I always thought it was a good strategy for Search. But you're pushing your luck if you think you can do it two times in a row.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Noriega said:
I always thought it was a good strategy for Search. But you're pushing your luck if you think you can do it two times in a row.

I ran into a guy on search who was using a TI to make himself invisible. That was kind of annoying.

Nori Chan

TI?

Plus I 100% achievements today for Black ops, dlc included. I fucking hated the time will travel achievement. So long to do and tedious.

Noriega said:
TI?

Plus I 100% achievements today for Black ops, dlc included. I fucking hated the time will travel achievement. So long to do and tedious.

Ugh, congrats on that. I want to try to get the Zombies achievements but can never find a group willing to put in the time and effort. :\

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Noriega said:
TI?

Tactical Insertion.

He'd lay down right next to the target with the tactical insertion still in his hand and you couldn't see him at all.

kuYuri

Noriega said:
TI?

Nice, I just recently did the base achievements for the 1000/1000. Those last two zombie ones are pretty tedious, I hate to imagine the dlc zombie ones.

zam

Must've just played against the worst 15th prestige lvl 50. 34d 16h played with a k/d of 0.45! He also went 1-25 that match on our team against a shitty team, I went 35-19 and the best player on our team went 69-5, so it wasn't like we were up against a good team.

zam said:
Must've just played against the worst 15th prestige lvl 50. 34d 16h played with a k/d of 0.45! He also went 1-25 that match on our team against a shitty team, I went 35-19 and the best player on our team went 69-5, so it wasn't like we were up against a good team.

I think the worst P15 player I've run into so far had a k/d of 0.20. I should have checked his time played, because I can't even begin to imagine how long that guy had to play to get to that point.

KoreanBarbecue said:
I think the worst P15 player I've run into so far had a k/d of 0.20. I should have checked his time played, because I can't even begin to imagine how long that guy had to play to get to that point.

I have to check every 15th Prestige's time I see now. It's my new obsession. Gotta respect the dedication!

ThirstyFly said:
I have to check every 15th Prestige's time I see now. It's my new obsession. Gotta respect the dedication!

Haha, I'm in the same boat. I'm usually like "I bet this guy is good and has a high k/d." Lately, though, it's more like "I bet this guy is...arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggh!"

Oh and PS - they're usually on my team. :\

zam

KoreanBarbecue said:
He also had 0.37 w/l ratio, how do you spend 30+ days total playtime playing a game you are so terrible at?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
zam said:
He also had 0.37 w/l ratio, how do you spend 30+ days total playtime playing a game you are so terrible at?

"some people just play to have fun!"

Oh really? I find winning to be way more fun than losing.

Mileena

Banned
zam said:
That's completely mind boggling on a game as easy as CoD. Like, I don't even believe you
but deep down I do

zam

corkscrewblow said:
That's completely mind boggling on a game as easy as CoD. Like, I don't even believe you
but deep down I do
If you have elite you can check out his stats and see it's true, I wish it wasn't but it is :p

corkscrewblow said:
but deep down I do

Do you believe in your shtick? It's painfully clumsy.

KoreanBarbecue said:
Woo! Finally made it to Prestige 15. And, I did it without a 0.32 k/d! :) Now, I guess I gotta get up to level 50 now! Ugh, back to the grind.

How many days?

Ballistik

RJNavarrete said:
I finally got decent internet installed (20 mbps). I think I'll enjoy this game a great deal more with a constant four bar connection.
Nice, make sure you have a good ping too though. I like my connection and its only 10 download and 3 upload but I swear that any room I join, I steal host if there's ever a host migration. Pretty awesome!

Ballistik said:
Nice, make sure you have a good ping too though. I like my connection and its only 10 download and 3 upload but I swear that any room I join, I steal host if there's ever a host migration. Pretty awesome!
I was pulling host all last night. Damn it felt so good to drop people in three bullets. No more leading my shots like crazy. No bullshit I legitimately have to adjust my aiming now as I had been playing on a 2/3 bar connection til now.

zam

RJNavarrete said:
I finally got decent internet installed (20 mbps). I think I'll enjoy this game a great deal more with a constant four bar connection.
I have 100mbps and I still don't get 100% four bars, why the fuck would the game choose a host that gives everyone except himself 2 bars, when I can guarantee that my whole team and then some will have 4 bars..

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
zam said:
I have 100mbps and I still don't get 100% four bars, why the fuck would the game choose a host that gives everyone except himself 2 bars, when I can guarantee that my whole team and then some will have 4 bars..

That's because it's not your download that matters one bit, it's your upload.

I'd recommend a minimum 10mb connection, and this is why I get so pissed whenever I got lag in MW2 and Black Ops when I've had 20 mb up and down for four years now.

zam

Skilotonn said:

I'd recommend a minimum 10mb connection, and this is why I get so pissed whenever I got lag in MW2 and Black Ops when I've had 20 mb up and down for four years now.
I have 10mb up. Not that 100/10 matters with black ops' netcode and hit detection..

zam said:
I have 10mb up. Not that 100/10 matters with black ops' netcode and hit detection..
Meh. I have only 4 up and I notice a big difference from when I was getting 3 down / .85 up with AT&T. I actually pull host pretty often and most connect to me with three/four bars.

I quite like being host.

XiAZm.jpg

Stallion Free said:
All I see is 0 plants, 0 defuses.
I didn't let the other team plant enough times to win did I? I'd argue that the best offense is a great defense. If I'm racking up kills and ks bonuses, that makes it a lot harder for the enemy team to even come close to planting. Especially when I'm rocking napalm, blackbird, gunship.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
RJNavarrete said:
I didn't let the other team plant enough times to win did I? I'd argue that the best offense is a great defense. If I'm racking up kills and ks bonuses, that makes it a lot harder for the enemy team to even come close to planting. Especially when I'm rocking napalm, blackbird, gunship.
When you're dominating that much it shouldn't have been hard to keep them scoreless. Yet it appears it was only defused 5 out of 8 times. Exactly the right number to extend the game for as long as possible.

Not a tactic I'm a fan of, I'd rather just win ASAP. However, if the other team is willing to sit there and take the beating it's their own fault I guess.

user_nat said:
When you're dominating that much it shouldn't have been hard to keep them scoreless. Yet it appears it was only defused 5 out of 8 times. Exactly the right number to extend the game for as long as possible.

Not a tactic I'm a fan of, I'd rather just win ASAP. However, if the other team is willing to sit there and take the beating it's their own fault I guess.
They're just balls of yarn and we're playful lions. If they don't mind taking a beating I won't mind giving it to em .

Ballistik

I hate it when people start kill farming and don't go for the objective. Was in a game of CTF and a guy on our team gets the flag and goes to the corner of the map and just sits there. I seriously quit because it was just a waste of time to me.

RJNavarrete said:
How the fuck did you manage to die 24 times against quite clearly a bunch of certified retards?

Xux

buy teh haloz said:
I saw a gold RPK today... I didn't think anyone actually used the thing.

It's my seventh most used weapon and was in my favorite slot for awhile.
The fact that the first six are the automatic ARs gives me shame :(

Kermit The Dog said:
How the fuck did you manage to die 24 times against quite clearly a bunch of certified retards?
Providing cover fire for teammates defusing usually. There's only so many grenades and semtex one can juggle. That plus walking away from my controller half the second round to move my car into the garage. I managed to about fine times in that span. My teammates seriously let me down.

RJNavarrete said:
Providing cover fire for teammates defusing usually. There's only so many grenades and semtex one can juggle. That plus walking away from my controller half the second round to move my car into the garage. I managed to about fine times in that span. My teammates seriously let me down.

In that case, fair enough.

I never realised how easy sniping is in this game. I've been rocking the L96 or whatever in the Annihilation playlist and HOLY SHIT, beastly. Dragscoping, quickscoping, etc. Aku was talking from pursed buttcheeks when he said it's a difficult way to play.

Anybody want to share the map packs with me? I have the back to the future games i'll share back.

And after were done we can just deactivate the PS3 so we don't lose an account. Or does it not work that way?

Stantron

RJNavarrete, nice playing with you the other day. I usually play mercenary TDM, so going into Demolition with a full team was a pleasant surprise. Once you get the killstreak ball rolling, you can really pin down the other team. It's great.

Skilotonn said:

I still have lag issues with my 20down/4up connection, being host or not. I might test out upgrading my internet for a month to see if more upload speed makes a difference.

Top Bottom