• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
zam said:
I have 10mb up. Not that 100/10 matters with black ops' netcode and hit detection..

Tell me about it.

Everytime I get the itch to play the game I end up asking myself what was I thinking whenever I try to kill someone I had the jump on and he kills me only for me to watch the replay and see that it was the other way around.

Don't get me started on having someone dead-center in my sights and not getting a hitmarker while that guy gets ME - with the same damn gun as me at the same distance of course.

Stantron said:
I still have lag issues with my 20down/4up connection, being host or not. I might test out upgrading my internet for a month to see if more upload speed makes a difference.

Oh it won't, don't bother.

If you're a hardcore CoD fan, just pray that they fix it with MW3 - I'm out for good and sticking to Gears 3 with its dedicated servers that I put to the test for four weeks straight and had everyone in the room feel like host.

I finally figured out how to no scope. No wonder so many people are "good at it" ... It's so easy! From ten feet in it's almost a guaranteed kill.

kuYuri

Figured I would post this here, but I've already made a MW3 hype/info/news thread coming up. The only reason I haven't posted it yet is because I was waiting on someone to respond if they can make me a header banner for the thread.

If anyone else wants to send me one, be my guest. :D

Strider2K99 said:
Figured I would post this here, but I've already made a MW3 hype/info/news thread coming up. The only reason I haven't posted it yet is because I was waiting on someone to respond if they can make me a header banner for the thread.

If anyone else wants to send me one, be my guest. :D
I've done a few here... Maybe I can have one for you in a couple days.

karlhungis

Neo Member
KoreanBarbecue said:
I didn't. My username is Korean B B Q

Note, the spaces.

I did note the spaces and when I tried to send the request, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to add them in. So I just assumed you were KoreanBBQ. I'll give it another shot.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Not sure if this is new or not, but it might be the beginning of the end for BLOPS. Saw a dude flying today. This is on PS3. Invincible, and could go through the ground as well. Doesn't bode well :/

kuYuri

TheOMan said:
Not sure if this is new or not, but it might be the beginning of the end for BLOPS. Saw a dude flying today. This is on PS3. Invincible, and could go through the ground as well. Doesn't bode well :/
Lol, nice hyperbole. They've hotfixed glitches like these within days of their appearance. I'm sure this one is no exception.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Strider2K99 said:
Lol, nice hyperbole. They've hotfixed glitches like these within days of their appearance. I'm sure this one is no exception.

Good to hear - I'm just recalling the mess that MW2 became, not trying to blow anything out of proportion.

karlhungis said:
I did note the spaces and when I tried to send the request, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to add them in. So I just assumed you were KoreanBBQ. I'll give it another shot.

Just press Y to add in a space. So, Korean(Y)B(Y)B(Y)Q

Or, just send me your Gamertag and I'll send you a FR.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
TheOMan said:

Someone just posted this on another forum I visit.....

PS3 Player, Is this game so hacked now? I mean I am seeing things online that just amaze me. I've seen planes I can't shoot down, low flying planes, starting matches and seeing all sorts of kill streak awards get released....

anyone else see this?

Stantron

CoD Elite is having a bunch of competitions to win a ticket to the XP event. If I win, I'll give it away here since I'll be at a wedding that weekend.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Stantron said:
CoD Elite is having a bunch of competitions to win a ticket to the XP event. If I win, I'll give it away here since I'll be at a wedding that weekend.

Which is awesome since its not even available for PS3 users. Not that I would travel out there for it anyway. But its like they just keep searching for ways to give us the finger.

Brian Fellows said:
Which is awesome since its not even available for PS3 users. Not that I would travel out there for it anyway. But its like they just keep searching for ways to give us the finger.

Well, MS is the exclusive console sponsor of the event, so at least for that reason having it 360 only makes sense.

TheOMan said:
Good to hear - I'm just recalling the mess that MW2 became, not trying to blow anything out of proportion.

What "mess" are you talking about? I've been playing MW2 for the past few weeks and I've yet to run into any glitches or cheating.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Jack Scofield said:
What "mess" are you talking about? I've been playing MW2 for the past few weeks and I've yet to run into any glitches or cheating.

I'm guessing that he was recalling the first Christmas of MW2 with the infinite care package glitch, running super-fast and knifing with a care-package smoke grenade, Javelin glitch, the insane mods, etc.

I was on vacation but my friends kept telling me about the insanity - and it was all fixed before I came back even.

frogg609

I haven't played BlOps in a while. I was wondering, out of the 3 add-on packs currently available, which, if any get a good amount of play time online?

I haven't purchased any of them yet.

venom2124

frogg609 said:
I haven't played BlOps in a while. I was wondering, out of the 3 add-on packs currently available, which, if any get a good amount of play time online?

All of them do. COD has so many players on at all hours of the day, you will always get the new maps in the rotation.

cameltoe

noire said:
Popped MW2 in since I kept seeing people talk about how it wasn't as laggy as BlOps. Bullshit. Just as bad.

Looks and sounds a lot nicer though.

I did the same thing the other day...to me it felt better but nothing dramatically different. It does look and sound better...I agree there.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
boredofcanada said:
this is actually the map pack ive been waiting for. the only aspect of blops that i really enjoy is zombies :)

I loved the zombie maps in WaW but the ones in Black Ops bore me. I think they peaked with Der Riese.

frogg609 said:

The first map pack was aweful, it was so bad I actually ended up deleting it from my Hard Drive. I know a few others did aswell.

As for zombies mode, I must say its the one mode I have never really enjoyed in a CoD game. It looks cool but after I try out each thing once im done, the gameplay itself doesnt excite me.

bobs99 ... said:
The first map pack was aweful, it was so bad I actually ended up deleting it from my Hard Drive. I know a few others did aswell.

As for zombies mode, I must say its the one mode I have never really enjoyed in a CoD game. It looks cool but after I try out each thing once im done, the gameplay itself doesnt excite me.

My issue with it is that it ends up getting far too complicated for its own good. The Call of the Dead map, especially, just ended up turning into a frustrating mess, what with switches to flip, crap items to find, etc.

Brian Fellows said:
I loved the zombie maps in WaW but the ones in Black Ops bore me. I think they peaked with Der Riese.
hell yea man, still remember the 2+ hour sessions with us switching off for piss breaks holding the last zombie in a window, man those times were great lol

So I started playing black ops again the other day, was doing pretty well (top of the board or near for the first 10 matches) when I joined a match and realised that 1 player was demolishing me out of sight, I started watching the kill cam and his character was constantly doing the reload animation while he was firing at me, didn't seem to have and kickback on his gun either.

Not really bothered by the hacking as there is tons of it going on in MW2 on the ps3, just thought I would throw it out there.

I think I prefer the slightly slower speed of Black Ops. Going back to MW2, everything seems to happen way too fast.

Although, I think the sound you get when hitting someone is just about perfect. The "thump" each bullet impact makes is something I really miss in Black Ops.

Ryck

Steady aim is kinda messed up in this game, been using one of the default classes. ( Mp5 lightweight, steady aim, marathon) I was hitting guys like 25-30 feet away without ads. I accidentally prestiged so I found it sorta by accident. Been running with that setup for the last few days and it is pretty beastly provided you find closed in areas to patrol or what have you.

Strider2K99 said:
Finally got into CoD Elite beta.

Same here. Pretty neat.

gtGdi.jpg

Just got in today, too!

Hm, tried to search for the group NGAF and it appears that I instead just created the group. Well, if anyone wants to join me, feel free. :)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Lionheart1827 said:
I just got in, too.

Somebody link me up to the GAF group. How do you search for it?

Just type neogaf into the create box and it will pop up. Then it'll say that one already exists and ask if you want to join it.

Now I'm going to have to turn on my PS3 so I can compare my real stats to you'se guys.

Top Bottom