• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

German version

-No song (Sympathy for the Devil)
-No blood
-No torture
-No ragdolls
-No zombies (they said we will get one...)

Nice...

Edit : There are zombies... sorry for my mistake

Adamm

I had convinced myself not to buy this, but since they have removed basically everything that i hated about MW2 I will have to buy it :D

Xater

dark_inferno said:
German version

-No song (Sympathy for the Devil)
-No blood
-No torture
-No ragdolls
-No zombies (they said we will get one...)

Nice...

And this is a suprise? If you buy a shooter you don't get the German version period.

NYR

My most anticipated game this year. Plan on spending A LOT of time this winter playing this game.

GO GO GO!

Birbo

If I already own W@W and have all the Nazi Zombie maps there, is there any compelling reason to get them here, other than the convenience factor?

Patrick Bateman said:
Great OP. Hypemeter is at the max.

30jmqzk.jpg

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Birbo said:
If I already own W@W and have all the Nazi Zombie maps there, is there any compelling reason to get them here, other than the convenience factor?
But now you get to play as
Richard Nixon.
:O

demolitio

We better be able to get the WaW zombie maps on PC. I kept asking them on twitter with no response of course. It's a joke that there's really only 2 zombie maps at launch but that seems to be the trend now. Hopefully they don't try giving us DLC a few weeks after launch like MOH did since that just angered me more.

I wasn't really addicted to the zombie mode in WaW but that's because playing that same map over and over again got old quick to me. I missed out on all the DLC maps though. :(

Xater

Loxley said:
Might want to spoiler that, Lonely. (I know it's in the OP, but still :p)

It's just a character you play in a MP mode and in the OP. That's not a spoiler. Story=spoiler everything else= fair game.

I just noticed that one of the original zombie maps was called "Der Reise". Seriously have they no one to fact check German grammar?

demolitio said:
We better be able to get the WaW zombie maps on PC. I kept asking them on twitter with no response of course. It's a joke that there's really only 2 zombie maps at launch but that seems to be the trend now. Hopefully they don't try giving us DLC a few weeks after launch like MOH did since that just angered me more.

I wasn't really addicted to the zombie mode in WaW but that's because playing that same map over and over again got old quick to me. I missed out on all the DLC maps though. :(

Uh I am pretty sure they plan on releaseing the first DLC a month after release.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Xater said:
And this is a suprise? If you buy a shooter you don't get the German version period.

btw. blood is in the GER-Version.

Spooks

Got my PS3 version preordered on Amazon and I'm ready to go! Glad I decided to go with the Hardened edition since there will only be 3 zombie maps at launch.(booo)

Who's getting PC version? (might also double dip on the PS3 too..) Is there a good/decent PC community for CoD after the whole debacle with MW2?

Also, is it a steamworks game? That'd be great, as I have a bunch of coupons for B&M stores.

MikeE21286 said:
Who's getting PC version? (might also double dip on the PS3 too..) Is there a good/decent PC community for CoD after the whole debacle with MW2?

Also, is it a steamworks game? That'd be great, as I have a bunch of coupons for B&M stores.
I'll be getting the pc version and yes its steamworks.
and PC community will be back in full force if the game works well if not its back to other games.
But it seems like this is going to be a great pc game.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
MikeE21286 said:

I don't play it anymore, but there's always plenty of people playing MW2 and the map packs always make to the top seller lists.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MikeE21286 said:

It's Steamworks and there are tons of people in the previous thread who said they were rolling PC. Dedicated Servers > Xbox Live.

Stallion Free said:
It's Steamworks and there are tons of people in the previous thread who said they were rolling PC. Dedicated Servers > Xbox Live.

Oh we're back to dedicated PC servers then?! ( I remember that was a problem with the last CoD on PC I think and cause a shitstorm). PC version sounding better by the post.

I hope it comes early Tuesday since I'm off. UPS always likes to bring my packages late in the evening. D:

I know most don't care much about single player but I'm really interested to see how it's done. Multiplayer news has been pretty fantastic. Can't wait to play!

Najaf

Ramirez said:
The game sounds killer, is it just the 3rd perk that is predetermined from the first two you pick?

No, you pick all three perks. I might be misunderstanding what you are saying.

Xater said:

It burned me badly when I bought the German version of WaW, because it was so cheap. :(

Like half of the content was missing.

Ramirez

Najaf said:
No, you pick all three perks. I might be misunderstanding what you are saying.

I thought I read a while back that some perks were linked together or something so that you couldn't create some of the more imbalanced classes. Maybe they changed it, or I'm dreaming. :lol

Ramirez said:
I thought I read a while back that some perks were linked together or something so that you couldn't create some of the more imbalanced classes. Maybe they changed it, or I'm dreaming. :lol
I remember hearing the same thing and it was either a rumor or something.

Ramirez said:
It's similar to other COD4, WaW, MW2, you can mix and match any of the perks among the 3 tiers. I think the major difference you might be thinking of is Wager mode, where perks are either disabled or distributed as bonuses in lieu of kills streaks, depending on the playlist.

Ramirez said:

There was a rumor about that, but it turned out to be false. It was probably an early development idea that got tossed out as the game progressed.

Ramirez

Well, at least someone else remembers what I'm talking about, guess they changed their minds.

Well in that case, Ghost/SoH/Ninja+a silenced weapon here I come. :p Hacker is enticing though, guess we'll see.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DennisK4 said:
PC, of course.

2560x1600 with 4xAA here I come!

MW, WaW and MW2 looked gorgeous on the PC.
Yeah. MW2's snow base infiltration was easily one of my fav graphical show pieces on my new TV. Every time I hear someone hate on COD's graphics I know they are talking about the console version because PC always looks fantastic.

T'Zariah

Banned
Domino Theory said:
So MW2 wasn't downhill?
Yes, but BO is basically what MW2 should've been, and there isn't much else to do with the series at this point unless they go into the future Battlefield 2142 style.

venom2124

NightBlade88 said:
I'm calling it. Black Ops will be the last excellent COD game. It's all very downhill from here.
This is said every year. Why would Treyarch's next COD be worse than Black Ops? It seems they are improving with each COD they make.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
venom2124 said:
This is said every year. Why would Treyarch's next COD be worse than Black Ops? It seems they are improving with each COD they make.
Yeah, I agree with this. W@W was a massive improvement over 3 and BO looks every bit to be a massive improvement over W@W.

Kyoufu

venom2124 said:

You mean they're improving with each COD Infinity Ward makes :lol

Treyarch's next game will tell us how the COD franchise will turn out without IW's foundations.

For FAMAS fans what I find interesting is that this game uses the newer FAMAS G2.

The FAMAS F1 from MW2 is the version that started service in '71. Strange that they made that decision.

Top Bottom