• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anerythristic said:
For FAMAS fans what I find interesting is that this game uses the newer FAMAS G2.

The FAMAS F1 from MW2 is the version that started service in '71. Strange that they made that decision.
Is the G2 a 3 round burst default as well? That's what I loved about the Famas F1 in MW2.

Spookie

A heads up for UK folk who pre ordered from Shopto. They are sending them out on Monday. So if you are worried about getting your game late and lets be honest. It's Royal Mail. It's time to shop elsewhere.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
NightBlade88 said:
Yes, but BO is basically what MW2 should've been, and there isn't much else to do with the series at this point unless they go into the future Battlefield 2142 style.

Eh, I can think of one thing to add to the franchise: being able to use your custom classes (with perks) in Campaign.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anerythristic said:
It looks full auto in BO. M16 for you my friend or enjoy the ugly G36.
Meh, I'll let go of my 3-round burst addiction then.

Domino Theory said:
Eh, I can think of one thing to add to the franchise: being able to use your custom classes (with perks) in Campaign.
They really should have had that for Spec-ops in MW2. I'd love to atleast see a pre-mission weapon selection screen where you can unlock/use stuff you unlocked in MP and vice versa like in Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

.nimrod

Anerythristic said:
It looks full auto in BO. M16 for you my friend or enjoy the ugly G36 G11.
fixed

Spookie said:
A heads up for UK folk who pre ordered from Shopto. They are sending them out on Monday. So if you are worried about getting your game late and lets be honest. It's Royal Mail. It's time to shop elsewhere.
I'm glad i preordered elsewhere too, i might even have it by saturday if i'm lucky

Spookie said:

WHAT? Where did you hear this? I paid my pre-order off with them last night.

Spookie

coolcole93 said:
WHAT? Where did you hear this? I paid my pre-order off with them last night.

"Delivery: Please note dispatch date for this product is Monday 8th November via royal mail in time for official release date Tuesday 9th November."

I read it as a quote from Igor the owner but it's now on the game page for each platform. Unlucky.

Edit II: Direct link doesn't work. Might not be unique to them either. As a couple of stores on twitter are suddenly not taking questions on Black Ops either. That's only speculation though.

AcciDante

Church RvB said:
Xbox live party chat am so happy. :D

Seriously, this makes Black Ops 20 times greater than MW2 right off the bat.

Same here, man. I hated MW2, but if it had party chat, I would've stuck with it for a lot longer.

Spookie said:
"Delivery: Please note dispatch date for this product is Monday 8th November via royal mail in time for official release date Tuesday 9th November."

I read it as a quote from Igor the owner but it's now on the game page for each platform. Unlucky.

Edit: direct link.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I better find out if it isn't too late to try to get my money back :/

Spookie

coolcole93 said:
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I better find out if it isn't too late to try to get my money back :/

You'll only get store credit. I paid off Medal of Honor and then played the beta. Tried to cancel it and was told, in a round about way: tough shit.

Koroshi said:
The G11 is actually one of the coolest looking guns in the game.

H%26KG11.PNG

Uses caseless ammo:

H%26KG11Diagram.PNG

AcciDante said:
Same here, man. I hated MW2, but if it had party chat, I would've stuck with it for a lot longer.

Very limited party chat options were top tier (for me) on the long list of shittyness for MW2.

No more 12 year olds, d-bags, random shitty music, etc!

On another note, I'm hoping there's a gun like the G3 from CoD4.

Koroshi said:
The G11 is actually one of the coolest looking guns in the game.

To each his own. It used caseless ammo IRL. That is pretty cool. You load it with strips of caseless ammo in the game so I guess that might look more interesting.

Edit Oh beaten..cool.

Plasma

Banned
Spookie said:

Edit II: Direct link doesn't work. Might not be unique to them either. As a couple of stores on twitter are suddenly not taking questions on Black Ops either. That's only speculation though.

That's a shame, ah well I guess it wouldn't have unlocked until midnight on Steam anyway.

Maffis

Why do Treyarch assume that just because killstreaks no longer adds to other killstreaks, camping will be reduced? I see it as the opposite way. Since it now requires the player to get more kills themselves they will surely camp after they've gotten 5-7 kills or so to get the best killstreaks.

Also, why is care package still in the game? They fix so much of the shit that broke MW2 but let care package stay in? A more random outcome of a fight doesn't exist.... Almost worse than crits in TF2.

Anerythristic said:
To each his own. It used caseless ammo IRL. That is pretty cool. You load it with strips of caseless ammo in the game so I guess that might look more interesting.

Edit Oh beaten..cool.
Yeah, I think that's why I like it. It just looks neat.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
awesome thread

I'm trying to resist this since I feel like I've already spent enough money on the series and I didn't get into the MP in the last 2 games but it sounds pretty awesome in this one

we'll see

Maffis said:
Why do Treyarch assume that just because killstreaks no longer adds to other killstreaks, camping will be reduced? I see it as the opposite way. Since it now requires the player to get more kills themselves they will surely camp after they've gotten 5-7 kills or so to get the best killstreaks.

Also, why is care package still in the game? They fix so much of the shit that broke MW2 but let care package stay in? A more random outcome of a fight doesn't exist.... Almost worse than crits in TF2.

1. They're now a 5 kill killstreak.

2. The possibility of getting something top tier has been reduced according to Vahn.

Anybody concerned that Ghost pro is easily one of the most valuable tier 1 perks? Invisible to spy plane and blackbird, aircraft, turrets, dogs, no red crosshair or name overhead. What do you guys think?

Also is motion sensor something you deploy or is it pretty much a heartbeat sensor?

LabouredSubterfuge said:
1. They're now a 5 kill killstreak.

2. The possibility of getting something top tier has been reduced according to Vahn.

:lol , I didn't use it for months at a time but when I would use it it was feast or famine. They could of just fixed that.

It would be a burst of Chopper Gunners, Pavelows and C130s to three days of counter UAVS and Ammo.

Anybody concerned that Ghost pro is easily one of the most valuable tier 1 perks? Invisible to spy plane and blackbird, aircraft, turrets, dogs, no red crosshair or name overhead. What do you guys think?

Also is motion sensor something you deploy or is it pretty much a heartbeat sensor?

I noticed it right away. It looks to be the go to Tier 1 perk. We will see.

bluehat9

I'm 99% sure the motion sensor is deployable and then just shows up on your mini-map.

As for Ghost, isn't almost the same as cold-blooded pro? I guess its more overpowered now since not everyone will be using stopping power instead, but I dunno. I liked using coldblooded in mw2 though so maybe that's why I don't have a problem with it.

DRE Fei

Lionheart1827 said:

Motion sensor is deployed. Ghost pro is looking really good in this game. I think everyone will be using it.

Lionheart1827 said:

I think many people will go for Lightweight as well but Ghost pro looks great. Maybe they did that on purpose to further balance killstreaks.

edit: also depends on game mode.

Lionheart1827 said:

It's certainly pretty valuable, but I think people aren't giving Hardline enough credit. Flak Jacket will also be pretty useful in certain game modes, and runners will still need to consider Lightweight. Scavenger is the only useless blue perk IMO.

All equipment has to be deployed in order to have an effect.

DRE Fei

Anerythristic said:
I do want to reiterate that Ghost Pro is pretty damn close to Cold Blooded Pro. Its not a whole new world.
What about dogs? I saw a video of a guy using ghost and the dogs ignored him until he fired his gun.

.nimrod

Can we still only pick up ammo from the same gun+attachments like in MW2 or is it like COD4 where you can pick up ammo from any gun that uses the same type?

Since scavenger is in the game, i guess it's the former, but that would kinda suck.

Also, are there any screenshots of the FAL iron sights in BO?

Anerythristic said:
I do want to reiterate that Ghost Pro is pretty damn close to Cold Blooded Pro. Its not a whole new world.
I'm just going from memory here but the difference before was that you had to choose Cold Blooded OR Stopping Power. It wound up that most people in regular games just went with stopping power and then just had Cold-Blooded on an anti-air class for example.

If you played Hardcore though I think Cold-Blooded was pretty much standard. If CB had been a Perk 1 or 3 spot in MW2, it would have been used a ton more. I know I'll be using Ghost for sure as it makes most killstreaks a non-issue. For this reason I think that damn RC car will get a lot of use because it's easy to earn and as far as I know, other than being shot there really isn't a counter to it for a relatively easy kill.

.nimrod said:
Can we still only pick up ammo from the same gun+attachments like in MW2 or is it like COD4 where you can pick up ammo from any gun that uses the same type?
Am I going nuts? Almost positive that Scavenger in MW2 works that anybody you kill drops a satchel and it will replenish your ammo, regardless of what gun they/you have. I seem to recall that there was some wonkiness around it replenishing launcher ammo, in that you had to have the launcher or noob tube activated when you grabbed the satchel, but that could just be an old man's memory gone bad.

Anerythristic said:

Yeah I get that, but the issue to me is that in mw2 you had a serious decision to pick between stopping power and cold blooded. Although zorro is right not enough people give credit to hardline and flak jacket, but it seems like ghost pro is gonna be the most widely used tier 1, nearly like stopping power was in mw2's tier 2.

BUT with everything said, I've never played it so what do I know? :D

Just speculation of course. Guess well just have to wait and see!

.nimrod

BigBlue1974 said:
Am I going nuts? Almost positive that Scavenger in MW2 works that anybody you kill drops a satchel and it will replenish your ammo, regardless of what gun they/you have. I seem to recall that there was some wonkiness around it replenishing launcher ammo, in that you had to have the launcher or noob tube activated when you grabbed the satchel, but that could just be an old man's memory gone bad.
Yeah, but i meant without using scavenger

BigBlue1974 said:

Right, but he's saying if you DON'T have Scavenger on.

edit: beaten :(

Probably it has already been asked a million times, but since OP doesn't mention it, are separate co-op missions confirmed/unconfirmed?

.nimrod

cameltoe said:
without scavenger you could still pick up ammo in MW2. (same ammo you are using)
It MW2 it would only let you pick up ammo from the same gun you were using with the same attachments. In COD4, you could pick up ammo from any gun that uses the same type (5.62, 7.56, etc) as your current gun.
I vastly preferred COD4s method.

Top Bottom