• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

kyo_daikun said:
Quoted for ultimate win, im using an SMG and get blown away at close range by someone running around using a sniper rifle? I think not.

As someone who has never really tried to snipe on CoD, isnt it a lot harder for him in that situation than you? Sniping at close range may be unrealistic, but I can see the fun in it.

I think rather than getting rid of quick scoping why not just get rid of aim assist for the first few seconds of going into scope? That would balance it out I think.

NHale

kyo_daikun said:
I ordered from Game and got the big box thingy, they posted by parcel force who are now kindly holding it till tomorrow, what a load of arse.

Meanwhile I also ordered from GAME and I received the game today since I live in Portugal so they can't stop the delivery of international packages. It doesn't make sense at all but I'm not complaining. :D

bobs99 ... said:
As someone who has never really tried to snipe on CoD, isnt it a lot harder for him in that situation than you? Sniping at close range may be unrealistic, but I can see the fun in it.

I think rather than getting rid of quick scoping why not just get rid of aim assist for the first few seconds of going into scope? That would balance it out I think.

It doesn't fit the intended purpose in game. Disregarding reality, because we know it is totally real that people dual wield Uzis and flyingjump out a window into prone firing on the way down, the SMG is intended to win up close and the sniper is intended to win far away.

This bizarre the bullet doesn't go where the cross hairs are until we decide so but we wont tell the user patch is not good game design though. It's just trolling the hell out of snipers.

bobs99 ... said:

You would think it would be a lot harder but as you said its all down to the aim assist and the hitboxes, before you can unload enough ammunition into him to kill him he's managed to blow your head off with 1 shot by quick scoping you (which take like 2 seconds for him, the same amount of time it takes me to get my SMG up and just start shooting at him)

NHale said:
Meanwhile I also ordered from GAME and I received the game today since I live in Portugal so they can't stop the delivery of international packages. It doesn't make sense at all but I'm not complaining. :D

Screw you! :lol

Edit: Just phoned my mum from work and no joy.... do I go to a midnight launch and return my extra copy in a few days time?

MMaRsu

itsnervedamage said:
If they want snipers to sit around scoped in on one point, at least give back minimap while scoped in or something. Why even put the snipers in the game if you're going to make them completely worthless? Just take them out and stop pretending.

:lol :lol :lol

Lol at all these 'hurt' people. Why is it useless? I don't have BO and I'm not getting it but if you pick a sniper class, get a good secondary, run to a good place to snipe from, set up and get some kills. MOVE OUT! Find a new place to hide. If you're running around trying to find a new place just use your secondary weapon.

A minimap while scoping is just ridiculous.

Is it hardline pro that gives you the option to change your care package?

2 things I want to know about it..

How many times can you change it?

Is it random (i.e. you can't scroll through or pick your package)?

MarshMellow96 said:
Is it hardline pro that gives you the option to change your care package?

2 things I want to know about it..

How many times can you change it?

Is it random (i.e. you can't scroll through or pick your package)?

Yeah hardline pro

1 Reroll and its random, you can't pick what you get, your stuck with the second item.

Najaf

butts said:
See this is perfect. He actually had to aim and it seemed to shoot accurate to crosshairs right away.

My thoughts exactly. If I get beaten by a sniper who has to adjust like that, I have no gripes about it. That looked like a good balance of adjustment and zoom time.

MMaRsu

X26 said:
:lol @ commentary, he's pretty much saying:

"I wasn't having much fun before, then I started camping and now the game is awesome!" *lays down more claymores*

Well yeah kinda.. but taking the slow approach and not running around like a headless chicken is a good thing I'd say :p.

snap0212

butts said:
See this is perfect. He actually had to aim and it seemed to shoot accurate to crosshairs right away.
That's what I thought as well. :) I really hope Treyarch fix everything as soon as someone has a problem with it. There were so many things wrong with MW2 and even World at War that quick scoping seems like a minor problem. Oh, and if their "bug" forces me to buy their Map Packs in order to still play online I'll sue them.

Just checked my order and apparently something went horribly wrong and my order was placed for a copy of the Xbox 360 version (I own a PS3). Chatting with Amazon now to see if they can work their magic.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Mr. B Natural said:
If I told you that what you see on your screen isn't whats happening for X amount of time with no indication of when that will change, then how do you not understand how that's ambiguous and stupid?

Best solution to fixing quick scoping is to make the hip-fir to ADS animation slower so the player knows when he can actually shoot the guy on your sights.

Btw, that video was not quick scoping. He's aiming briefly on the guy, and shooting. Yes, it's in short range, but if he can't hit the guy at short range then he sure as hell wouldn't be able to at long range.
I think ideally the scopes aiming (as opposed to just where the bullet goes) would be erratic for a second or two.

X26

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Well yeah kinda.. but taking the slow approach and not running around like a headless chicken is a good thing I'd say :p.

true and it's the way I play (cover to cover), but I try to avoid the stright up camping like in that video

Huggers

I have been playing this all afternoon, I never really enjoy COD games but always get reeled in by the hype. I have only played SP so far and it's kinda cool. I will never understand why so many people go so crazy for these games, good fun though

MMaRsu said:
:lol :lol :lol

Lol at all these 'hurt' people. Why is it useless? I don't have BO and I'm not getting it but if you pick a sniper class, get a good secondary, run to a good place to snipe from, set up and get some kills. MOVE OUT! Find a new place to hide. If you're running around trying to find a new place just use your secondary weapon.

A minimap while scoping is just ridiculous.

Yeah, that is how I snipe when I snipe anyway. I have no issue with getting rid of quickscoping, and the scout perk is a great idea IMO.

The problem is you don't have a wide view when scoped in. Every FPS has pretty much trained you to scan, scope in and take a shot. It definitely depends on what kind of delay there is etc. for the balance. Just seems like Treyarch is laying the hate on thick is all.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Well, after about 3 hours...

Meh.

Disappointing. Obviously I haven't got the hang of things so far, but first impressions aren't fantastic.

I knew I wasn't going to enjoy the setting as much as MW, but it feels to WaWish for me. The maps the guns.. The everything.

Spawning is hilariously bad.. Really bad.

user_nat said:
it feels to WaWish for me. The maps the guns.. The everything.

angry+baby+fist.jpg

Xux

X26 said:
true and it's the way I play (cover to cover), but I try to avoid the stright up camping like in that video

Eh, why not if the enemy team is that bad. They could've got an easy grenade kill, threw a tactical grenade, or went for bullet penetration or maybe they could've not been the sixth person to run through the doorway he was aiming through (even though that last guy got and managed to strafe a couple feet for the kill.)

Boogat

iNvidious01 said:
post a vid up in about hours time with some tdm gameplay, my first game. (1080p)
Looking forward to this. You had some good KZ3 videos, so I imagine these will be just as good.

The Chef said:
Guys is it possible this game could suck? Are people mega hyped for this because its COD? I mean World at War really wasn't a great game...and the fact that the embargo ends release day? Im nervous this game could end up sucking... I think Im gonna hold out and wait for Gaf reviews.
The game is going to get universal critical acclaim and most outlets will laud the SP campaign as the best one yet. The days of Treyarch being the butt end of jokes are over.

Risette

A Good Citizen
user_nat said:
I knew I wasn't going to enjoy the setting as much as MW, but it feels to WaWish for me. The maps the guns.. The everything.
By maps feeling WaWish do you mean the look or the actual design? Because I felt the maps in WaW, from a gameplay standpoint, were some of the best in any CoD game. Such an underrated game.

Lothars

theignoramus said:
The game is going to get universal critical acclaim and most outlets will laud the SP campaign as the best one yet. The days of Treyarch being the butt of jokes are over.

I doubt that honestly at the moment because It will have to do something really spectacular in every way to beat COD4 in singleplayer, which I just don't see them doing but we will see.

dope4goldrope said:
Just checked my order and apparently something went horribly wrong and my order was placed for a copy of the Xbox 360 version (I own a PS3). Chatting with Amazon now to see if they can work their magic.

Amazon successfully canceled my shipment after it was already in progress and allowed me to re-place my order! Yes!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Aigis said:
By maps feeling WaWish do you mean the look or the actual design? Because I felt the maps in WaW, from a gameplay standpoint, were some of the best in any CoD game. Such an underrated game.
To look at. Mostly bland. (not that the MW games weren't i guess)

Something about it makes it seem like a graphical step backwards.

Can't tell left from right as far as design goes so far.

:lol :lol at this guy practicing quick scoping on a jtv stream right now

good news is he is struggling so its a little harder to do :D

fuck quick scoping

double rainbow in nuke town made me laugh, its a ok map, small and quick run in gun pretty much, no need for sniping B)

he's also playing the PS3 version and its about the same as the 360 just like modern warfare 2 was the same on both systems.

Xux

Glowingmonx said:
For reference, here's a video of the same guy sniping before the patch (for those that haven't seen it yet).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X6EJlyMq-8

I wonder if they've changed anything about the ACOG scope.

I've heard ACOG snipers are the same as MW2 with having the only sway in the game aside from Infrared equipped stuff. I haven't heard of any getting a broken ass damage boost like the M40A3.

MMaRsu

Lothars said:
I doubt that honestly at the moment because It will have to do something really spectacular in every way to beat COD4 in singleplayer, which I just don't see them doing but we will see.

Well you can't trust reviewers with this shit. CoD4 had a great singleplayer marred by respawning enemies and more things, and most of those problems weren't fixed in MW2 yet they told us it's the best singleplayer from CoD so far.

Don't trust reviewers.

snap0212

friskykillface said:
:lol :lol at this guy practicing quick scoping on a jtv stream right now

good news is he is struggling so its a little harder to do :D

fuck quick scoping

double rainbow in nuke town made me laugh, its a ok map, small and quick run in gun pretty much, no need for sniping B)
He's also incredibly bad. It's not like the Patch is the reason why he fails over and over again. :lol

edit: What the fuck? The chopper is totally overpowered... o_O

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
I mean, I don't really mean to point this out, but the people complaining about the wait... If you snipe normally, you shouldn't perceive a wait.

If you scope and fire, you're quickscoping, and doing exactly what they didn't want you to do in the first place.

Eric WK

Zanboo said:
I mean, I don't really mean to point this out, but the people complaining about the wait... If you snipe normally, you shouldn't perceive a wait.

If you scope and fire, you're quickscoping, and doing exactly what they didn't want you to do in the first place.

Yeah, pretty much.

W1SSY

I am glad to see they found a way to negate quick sniping but it may not be the best answer. Why not just make a shot really inaccurate but still give them a chance of hitting. Maybe that is the way it is but it seemed like the bullets would not kill at all when he was trying to quick scope.

Top Bottom